Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    why is jordan's number hanging in the rafters in Miami?

fruadulent to the max
    was there no other Miami player that wore that number?

The whole city of Miami is a fraud. Have you seen any DOLLPHINS games on tv half the stadium is empty. Nobody cares about the marlins and nobody gave a shit about the heat till this season. Why bother mentioing the panthers. The Hurricanes are the same way as the dollphins lot of fans dressed as seats.

Fuck miami shitty city anyway full of assholes.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Oh and shut the fuck up about the perfect season. We get it in 1972 you won a super bowl and went undefeted now shut the fuck up about it. What have the Dollphins done since then? Not a fucking thing.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Did something happen to you in Miami or something? Jesus
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DURP wrote:
    Oh and shut the fuck up about the perfect season. We get it in 1972 you won a super bowl and went undefeted now shut the fuck up about it. What have the Dollphins done since then? Not a fucking thing.

they won a second super bowl and went to two others. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,478
    The 81 wrote:
    So if it's ok to swap your wife out, why isn't it ok to swap your fandom out. I mean, when joining weddded bliss, you typically make a pledge of until death, but 50% of marriages end up ending well before death. So i ask you, if i can break the binds of marriage, why can't i break the binds of fandom?

don't dare question the binds of fandom. they are stronger than any other binds in the universe.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The 81 wrote:
    So if it's ok to swap your wife out, why isn't it ok to swap your fandom out. I mean, when joining weddded bliss, you typically make a pledge of until death, but 50% of marriages end up ending well before death. So i ask you, if i can break the binds of marriage, why can't i break the binds of fandom?

don't dare question the binds of fandom. they are stronger than any other binds in the universe.

what about the mother/child relationship?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    what do you mean?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    chadwick wrote:
    remember when you were a kid, adults referred to whomever as "sports fan"
    this was greatness

no?
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    remember when you were a kid, adults referred to whomever as "sports fan"
    this was greatness

no?

i call people "sports fan" every day. if i met chadwick in person i would say "heeeeeeeeeeey sports fan! how goes it?"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    what do you mean?

isn't the relationship between a mother and her child stronger?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    what do you mean?

isn't the relationship between a mother and her child stronger?

perhaps.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    what about a mother who puts her child up for adoption?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,360
    RW81233 wrote:
    could be the greatest act of love a mother can do.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:

ah yes....exactly...if a mother can give her child up for adoption, and we perhaps consider that bond to be stronger than fandom....

i think we can conclude that it is indeed acceptable to switch teams. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    with no Red Sox, Rays, Twins, Yankees, Twins on the 2nd half schedule the Brewers schedule really opens up here in the 2nd half...it's only an hour drive for you, and the stadium is named after beer.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    are you a fraud if you are a supposed fan of a certain team but do nothing but rip the team and some of it's best players on a daily basis even when they have the best record in baseball?
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    are you a fraud if you are a supposed fan of a certain team but do nothing but rip the team and some of it's best players on a daily basis even when they have the best record in baseball?

:lol:

you philly people are brutal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    isn't criticism the greatest form of commitment?
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

only when it's warranted and not personal.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

only when it's warranted and not personal.

i'd go "annoying" over "fraud."

i miss the old days when most of the arguing in philly sports threads were with opposing teams fans, not our own. oh well.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i miss the old days when most of the arguing in philly sports threads were with opposing teams fans, not our own. oh well.

i think uhh 'he' is a fraud but that's just me.

and well only 4 months until college hoops season so i can rip on nova again (and did you see your boy corey stokes got arrested over the weekend, another nova thug :lol: )
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

i think uhh 'he' is a fraud but that's just me.

and well only 4 months until college hoops season so i can rip on nova again (and did you see your boy corey stokes got arrested over the weekend, another nova thug :lol: )

ha...no i actually didn't see that....maybe because i'm a fraud college basketball fan. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    i'm an Astros fan...have you seen their record? :shock: i love 'em when they're winning & love them when they're losing. fraud? no. crazy? maybe.... :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i'm an Astros fan...have you seen their record? :shock: i love 'em when they're winning & love them when they're losing. fraud? no. crazy? maybe.... :?

Dude i'm a Bills fan 'nuff said :lol:
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    DURP wrote:

they won a second super bowl and went to two others. :P

Wow almost 40 years since thier last championship and Dollphin fans act as if thier shit doesn't stink

And yes something did happen to me in Miami nothing like having a pistol in your face and being forced to hand over your wallet to make you sour on a city
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Has buffalo won anything? Ever?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Ha, not to laugh at your situation, i got robbed at gunpoint in Albany but I knew there had to be something. That hatred doesn't come from just sports.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ha, not to laugh at your situation, i got robbed at gunpoint in Albany but I knew there had to be something. That hatred doesn't come from just sports.

and you don't still hate the albany firebirds because of this? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm in a pickle here...

I've been thinking lately, and more so after attending a AAA home run derby last night, that I'd really like to start following, watching, and paying attention to baseball. However, I have no prior association with any ball club, do not live in a state that has a major league team, nor have I ever lived near one excluding 6 months in Atlanta (Braves, obviously).

The closest team to me I believe is the Rockies.

So you fraud experts, how do I go about this? I want to have "a team" because that just makes watching and following more fun... I'd feel odd just jumping on a wagon for no particular reason. I need some guidelines damnit.

Now is your chance to persuade me into being a fan of your team (shitty or not). :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I'm in a pickle here...

I've been thinking lately, and more so after attending a AAA home run derby last night, that I'd really like to start following, watching, and paying attention to baseball. However, I have no prior association with any ball club, do not live in a state that has a major league team, nor have I ever lived near one excluding 6 months in Atlanta (Braves, obviously).

The closest team to me I believe is the Rockies.

So you fraud experts, how do I go about this? I want to have "a team" because that just makes watching and following more fun... I'd feel odd just jumping on a wagon for no particular reason. I need some guidelines damnit.

Now is your chance to persuade me into being a fan of your team (shitty or not). :twisted:

i would put the Cubs at the bottom of the list.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg