Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    81 wrote:
    speaking of Dallas.... did you see Tony Romo's wedding registry :lol:

his wife looks like a carbon copy of that last chick he dated....the american idol girl. can't think of her name.

by the way...hard to believe he's already 31. seems older than i thought
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    81 wrote:

his wife looks like a carbon copy of that last chick he dated....the american idol girl. can't think of her name.

Candice Crawford looks nothing like Jessica Simpson. he hasn't dated Carrie Underwood (american idol girl) since 2007. guess tony choker has a thing for midwest girls.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Candice Crawford looks nothing like Jessica Simpson. he hasn't dated Carrie Underwood (american idol girl) since 2007. guess tony choker has a thing for midwest girls.

i wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers in bed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

carrie underwood. yeah--you don't think this new one looks like her?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&suge ... a=N&tab=wi

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&suge ... a=N&tab=wi
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    face wise, yes
    boob wise and body wise, no
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    face wise, yes
    boob wise and body wise, no

carrie underwood is all kinds of hot....agreed. this chick though isn't too shabby. congrats to mr. romo :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,299
    81 wrote:
    i'd feel weird if i were a ravens fan. well not so much now but back before cleveland got the browns back.

i think of all the teams that have moved, i felt the most pity for the browns fans. they sold out municiapal stadium year after year only to have the team ripped out from under them. i hate the business side of sports.
    And the Browns STILL suck!!!!! But the Ravens AFTER the move? As douchebaggy as that was, business wise , I cant blame asshat for moving. Gave my Steelers an actual rival!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i'd feel weird if i were a ravens fan. well not so much now but back before cleveland got the browns back.

i think of all the teams that have moved, i felt the most pity for the browns fans. they sold out municiapal stadium year after year only to have the team ripped out from under them. i hate the business side of sports.
    And the Browns STILL suck!!!!! But the Ravens AFTER the move? As douchebaggy as that was, business wise , I cant blame asshat for moving. Gave my Steelers an actual rival!!!

mick--what's your opinion on college rooting interests like this one: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&start=405 ?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

mick--what's your opinion on college rooting interests like this one: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&start=405 ?
    not looking at the topic, but I can guess what its about.

Tress fucked up. Majorly. we'll deal with whatever santions are handed down. And I believe there should be sanctions. I may even go so far to say that the NCAA declare Pryor ineligible. Period. He should be done with college football in my opinion.

I'm still a fan of the Buckeyes. they will recover, hopefully stronger and certainly more above board than has been shown from them recently.

Side note. For the amount of $ that buckeye football brings to the school, my guess is that the AD needs to answer as well.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Tress fucked up. Majorly. we'll deal with whatever santions are handed down. And I believe there should be sanctions. I may even go so far to say that the NCAA declare Pryor ineligible. Period. He should be done with college football in my opinion.

I'm still a fan of the Buckeyes. they will recover, hopefully stronger and certainly more above board than has been shown from them recently.

Side note. For the amount of $ that buckeye football brings to the school, my guess is that the AD needs to answer as well.

haha...no it's not about that. it's about whether or not you have to go to a school to be a fan of their teams. i say no assuming you either are local and/or have some kind of connection to them. there's lots of mitigating factors when it comes to college rooting interests...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

haha...no it's not about that. it's about whether or not you have to go to a school to be a fan of their teams. i say no assuming you either are local and/or have some kind of connection to them. there's lots of mitigating factors when it comes to college rooting interests...
    I see. Umm, not being a huge fan of sports, more a casual one. I would say you're on the right track.

At the end of the day , however we become a fan a particular team is a moot point. What the issue is , where does your alliegance lie? Pick a team, and STICK!!! with some exceptions of course.

Now as for my post on that other subject. What say you in response? I already know your feelings about THE Ohio State University.

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

1. You can't purchase a "blank" authentic jersey from your favorite team with no name on the back, then stick your own name and number on the jersey ... well, unless you want to be an enormous dork.

2. If you're attending an NBA game, don't wear the jersey of a team that isn't competing in the game. It's bad enough to see people wearing authentic NBA jerseys in public -- if they're wearing a T-shirt underneath it, they look ridiculous, and if they aren't wearing a T-shirt, usually there's flab and shoulder hair everywhere, and you're wishing that they were wearing a T-shirt. Besides, it's not like you need to wear an NBA jersey to get yourself in the mood for an NBA game, unlike baseball, football and hockey.

Where does this set of rules stand on wearing a jersey for a fictional player and/or team.

Such as a Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn jersey? Or Ogie Oglethorpe hockey sweater?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I see. Umm, not being a huge fan of sports, more a casual one. I would say you're on the right track.

At the end of the day , however we become a fan a particular team is a moot point. What the issue is , where does your alliegance lie? Pick a team, and STICK!!! with some exceptions of course.

Now as for my post on that other subject. What say you in response? I already know your feelings about THE Ohio State University.

i dunno. as a psu fan i never liked tressel. i don't even think what the players did was that wrong. tressel shouldn't have lied though. be nice if he gets some kind of sanctions to himself or is banned from head coaching for a couple years or something. don't think it's right for guys like calipari to leave schools buried in sanctions and then just skip town for another multi million dollar gig immediately afterwords
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

1. You can't purchase a "blank" authentic jersey from your favorite team with no name on the back, then stick your own name and number on the jersey ... well, unless you want to be an enormous dork.

2. If you're attending an NBA game, don't wear the jersey of a team that isn't competing in the game. It's bad enough to see people wearing authentic NBA jerseys in public -- if they're wearing a T-shirt underneath it, they look ridiculous, and if they aren't wearing a T-shirt, usually there's flab and shoulder hair everywhere, and you're wishing that they were wearing a T-shirt. Besides, it's not like you need to wear an NBA jersey to get yourself in the mood for an NBA game, unlike baseball, football and hockey.

Where does this set of rules stand on wearing a jersey for a fictional player and/or team.

haha...umm, i wouldn't do it. if it's like a joke maybe? i tend to agree with simmons here on both counts.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

haha...umm, i wouldn't do it. if it's like a joke maybe? i tend to agree with simmons here on both counts.

Well, they're from comedy movies (Major League and Slap Shot) so they are meant to be humorous. I've seen quite a few people at hockey games wearing various Slap Shot jerseys, whether it be one of the Chiefs or somebody else. A buddy of mine has the Ogie Ogilthorpe jersey, but I have a Rick Vaughn jersey.

It was a present, but it is the only baseball jersey I own, and I sometimes wear it to games, and get a few compliments. Although with all that's happened with Sheen lately I might think twice about wearing it. But you gotta respect the Wild Thing.

Rick-Vaughn1.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    But you gotta respect the Wild Thing.

mitch_williams.jpg

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

mitch_williams.jpg

;)

joe-carter_s-home-run-to-win-the-world-series-for-toronto-7.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

mitch_williams.jpg

;)

joe-carter_s-home-run-to-win-the-world-series-for-toronto-7.jpg

You SOB !!

:cry::lol:

• Options
    :lol:

i always think of joe carter when i think of mitch williams
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

all was forgotten in '08

We forgave him

:D

• Options
    81 wrote:

all was forgotten in '08

We forgave him

he had a hell of a season in 91

12-5 with 30 saves.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Mitch Williams owns a ranch near here. It is called The 3-2 Ranch.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    81 wrote:

all was forgotten in '08

We forgave him

who did? :shock: :? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278

Jaegs i just posted this in the Youngblood thread as well but I went to a Flyers-Leafs game this year and saw a guy in the stands with a white Youngblood jersey. you know my general thoughts on jerseys but this is even worse.

and should be another no-no is wearing a jersey/shirt from another sport to a different sports game, i.e. Flyers jersey to a Phillies game.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    and should be another no-no is wearing a jersey/shirt from another sport to a different sports game, i.e. Flyers jersey to a Phillies game.

agreed unless it's deep in the other sports playoffs (confrence finals or finals)

i was watching a white sox game a few weeks back and there was a clown wearing a bulls jersey with a blackhwaks hat. bulls were on life support and hte hawks were long gone at this point.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

agreed unless it's deep in the other sports playoffs (confrence finals or finals)

i was watching a white sox game a few weeks back and there was a clown wearing a bulls jersey with a blackhwaks hat. bulls were on life support and hte hawks were long gone at this point.

kinda disagree. i mean even if they are in the finals why wear it to another teams game? hell it's not like you have to advertise for the team as everyone else in the stadium is going to know that team is in the finals. it makes no sense.
  • Options
    it's special when a team is in the confrence finals or finals. the entire city has a buzz about it. it's a special time, and you should enjoy it, regardless of what event you are attending.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    81 wrote:
    it's special when a team is in the confrence finals or finals. the entire city has a buzz about it. it's a special time, and you should enjoy it, regardless of what event you are attending.

Unless you are in Miami. Then you just sit in the arena and text on your phone and act like you would rather be at the gym.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Flagg wrote:
    81 wrote:

Unless you are in Miami. Then you just sit in the arena and text on your phone and act like you would rather be at the gym.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i remeber going to an eagles/falcons game on the day of game 4 of the '08 world series. it was a sea of green birds jerseys and red phils shirts/hats. a thing of beauty. i wore my cunningham throwback as usual but also sported my phils hat. one time thing. perfectly acceptable. that was a glorious day.

ah, the fall of 2008. good times.
    chinese-happy.jpg