Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    a crime will be committed today. and i am sorry to say that despite my best efforts, your juggler will be an unwilling participant in it.

sister in law hooks us up with awesome phils tickets throughout the year. hall of fame club. we can get them for face value off someone she works with.

so today we have tickets. going down with the wife, sister in law and her fiance.....a few weeks ago it was announced that her cousin was having a graduation party today. we had just spent a week in the outer banks with this family so when i heard it was the same day as this phils game, i wasn't terribly upset we would miss it......then it was sprung upon me that my wife and her sister plan on staying at the game for just a couple hours and then leaving early for this party. :o :shock: seriously. this flies directly in the face of everything i stand for as an upstanding non fraudulent sports fan. goes right against the sports fans code of ethics.

plus--we had just seen these people a month ago. sadly, there's nothing i can do. been fighting this as best as i could without causing a huge thing...but the 3 of them are for leaving the game early. probably 6th inning i'm guessing.

my only saving grace is that i made a deal that if kyle kendrick has a no hitter going, we can stay........i'm screwed. :x :lol: :thumbdown:

have mercy on me. please.

Yeah, man. That blows. I had to leave a Yankees game early this year, a good one at that. 8 pm sunday game against the Rangers, tie game too. Had to leave to catch the last Amtrak back to Philly. Was not happy about it. A graduation party though, that's rough.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    a crime will be committed today. and i am sorry to say that despite my best efforts, your juggler will be an unwilling participant in it.

sister in law hooks us up with awesome phils tickets throughout the year. hall of fame club. we can get them for face value off someone she works with.

so today we have tickets. going down with the wife, sister in law and her fiance.....a few weeks ago it was announced that her cousin was having a graduation party today. we had just spent a week in the outer banks with this family so when i heard it was the same day as this phils game, i wasn't terribly upset we would miss it......then it was sprung upon me that my wife and her sister plan on staying at the game for just a couple hours and then leaving early for this party. :o :shock: seriously. this flies directly in the face of everything i stand for as an upstanding non fraudulent sports fan. goes right against the sports fans code of ethics.

plus--we had just seen these people a month ago. sadly, there's nothing i can do. been fighting this as best as i could without causing a huge thing...but the 3 of them are for leaving the game early. probably 6th inning i'm guessing.

my only saving grace is that i made a deal that if kyle kendrick has a no hitter going, we can stay........i'm screwed. :x :lol: :thumbdown:

have mercy on me. please.

Yeah, man. That blows. I had to leave a Yankees game early this year, a good one at that. 8 pm sunday game against the Rangers, tie game too. Had to leave to catch the last Amtrak back to Philly. Was not happy about it. A graduation party though, that's rough.

i left the 19 inning game early...in the 13th though. other than that, i can't remember last time i left early.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    just say you were a cubs fan for the day. i was at a wrigly on a perfect night for baseball a few years back (i think it was a cubs playoff year) . stands were packed to start the 2nd inning. by the time the 9th rolled around it was down to 60% adn by the time the 14th rolled around it was down to 20%.

every game is like that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    wasn't as bad as expected. fortunately/unfortunately, due to events beyond my control, we were a bit late getting there which convinced the girls that we should stay till the end. missed the first couple innings, which sucked. but got to see the rest of the game.

all's well that end's well fuckers! :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    wasn't as bad as expected. fortunately/unfortunately, due to events beyond my control, we were a bit late getting there which convinced the girls that we should stay till the end. missed the first couple innings, which sucked. but got to see the rest of the game.

That game was reminiscent of 2007. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

That game was reminiscent of 2007. 8-)

nice to have the bats alive...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    couple violations on my brothers to report:

the other day i was hanging out with one of them, grilling some burgers down the shore and tossing back some frosty beverages. not a damn thing wrong with that....then i did a double take to notice the shirt he was wearing: a blue shirt with "MICHIGAN" printed in yellow across the chest. we have no connection to michigan at all. so i go "mike, why are you wearing a michigan shirt?" mike's reply: "oh. yeah i know...i just, i just like the shirt. i understand." :lol: he knowingly committed a fraudulent act.

then i had the following encounter with the other brother on facebook recently:

brother's post--Fabregas!!!! Barca is gonna be unstoppable once again this season

juggler- what? were you saying something? look, i don't speak spanish.

brother- we just got one of the best midfielders in soccer

juggler- who is we?

brother- barcelona

juggler- that is a gross misuse of the word "we" jeff

:lol:

the whole "we" thing i don't mind too much if it's one of your teams. your home town team who you support with your money every season and have lived and died with your whole life. i realize others have issues with that and i get that. but using "we" to talk about some soccer team halfway across the world is ubber fraudulent to me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    rabbitohs didnt make the playoffs.. my interest in rugby league is now on hiatus til next february. GO NO ONE BLAH!!! :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    rabbitohs didnt make the playoffs.. my interest in rugby league is now on hiatus til next february. GO NO ONE BLAH!!! :(

what happened? i thought the rabbtohs had a strong team this year :o:o
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

did you now? :lol:

sometimes they forgot to show up. this could happen at the start of the game and last the first half or the whole game... or it could happen after the half time break... plus they have the habit of waiting for the offense to come to them instead of moving forward and meeting the guy carrying the ball. i dont know why the forwards coach hasnt been on their back about it. the rabbitohs forward pack is formidable and its always a good idea to use the offenses momentum against them. hit 'em hard and hit 'em low. and drive them back.. preferable on their arses.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

sometimes they forgot to show up. this could happen at the start of the game and last the first half or the whole game... or it could happen after the half time break... plus they have the habit of waiting for the offense to come to them instead of moving forward and meeting the guy carrying the ball. i dont know why the forwards coach hasnt been on their back about it. the rabbitohs forward pack is formidable and its always a good idea to use the offenses momentum against them. hit 'em hard and hit 'em low. and drive them back.. preferable on their arses.

i hear there is talk of the rabbitohs forwards coach being fired. true? false?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i hear there is talk of the rabbitohs forwards coach being fired. true? false?

you hear too much..... little voices in your head jeags??? :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    My friend sent me a text saying he saw a kid in school wearing a New York Giants hoodie and a Detroit Tigers hat. That has to qualify for fraud, right?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    My friend sent me a text saying he saw a kid in school wearing a New York Giants hoodie and a Detroit Tigers hat. That has to qualify for fraud, right?

Absolutely.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Absolutely.

newch might qualify as a fraud for having to ask the question :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

Absolutely.

:lol::lol: I just wanted to clarify and make sure.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if you ask "who are the Bears playing this week" on the elevator.

i almost said....if you were a bears/sports fan you wouldn't have to ask....instead...i said lions. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:

i almost said....if you were a bears/sports fan you wouldn't have to ask....instead...i said lions. :lol:

UGH I hate those people!!! My boss claims to be a lifelong Packer fan...yet every week on Monday she asks me who won :?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    81 wrote:

A dude I work with asked me that today. So disappointing.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    I need a ruling. The following was posted by a red sox fan. does betting the yankees qualify you as a fraud? in my book, it does :shock:
    g under p wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    new york's exit has got to take a little of the sting away, right? ;)

Not really I lost a bet last night when I put it all on the frisking Yankees. So I'm a loser just like their fans today.

Peace
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    I need a ruling. The following was posted by a red sox fan. does betting the yankees qualify you as a fraud? in my book, it does :shock:
    g under p wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Not really I lost a bet last night when I put it all on the frisking Yankees. So I'm a loser just like their fans today.

Peace

Betting on a huge rival team?? I'm going to say yes. But ask yourself the question; If you knew betting on the Dodgers would get you a pretty penny... would you do it?

Would you willingly be a fraud?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

UGH I hate those people!!! My boss claims to be a lifelong Packer fan...yet every week on Monday she asks me who won :?

Total fraud.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Absolutely.

I think that might qualify for a swift kick to the ass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,134
    imalive wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Peace

Don't you know....it's Never fraud once your team is out of it or did not even make it to the playoffs in the first place. I even gauranteed the Yankees Thread they were going to win either way I was smiling that they lost and my was going to have a clean room.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    81 wrote:

just say "lions" and walk away as fast as possible. it's the worst when someone likes that starts to continue in a conversation they know absolutely nothing about. it's like having a conversation with a toddler about nafta.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Betting on a huge rival team?? I'm going to say yes. But ask yourself the question; If you knew betting on the Dodgers would get you a pretty penny... would you do it?

you could kind of look at it as a win-win.....either dod*ers lose (win) or I win money (win)

that said, i would never, ever bet a penny on those cocksuckers (same for lakers) :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

you could kind of look at it as a win-win.....either dod*ers lose (win) or I win money (win)

that said, i would never, ever bet a penny on those cocksuckers (same for lakers) :x

no betting on a rival is fine so long as they are not playing your squad and you openly say how much it pains you have to make such a bet.

i hate the cowboys more than any other team in sports yet, because they're a rival, i feel as though i've always had a good read on them. hence, your juggler has won quite a bit of money on them over the years.

i see no fraudulence here.

overruled.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

no betting on a rival is fine so long as they are not playing your squad and you openly say how much it pains you have to make such a bet.

i hate the cowboys more than any other team in sports yet, because they're a rival, i feel as though i've always had a good read on them. hence, your juggler has won quite a bit of money on them over the years.

i see no fraudulence here.

overruled.
    you bet the 'boys to win? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    i see nothing wrong with betting on a rival....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i see nothing wrong with betting on a rival....
    you can't do it unless the rival or your team have been eliminated. that's what I think.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16