Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    it's special when a team is in the confrence finals or finals. the entire city has a buzz about it. it's a special time, and you should enjoy it, regardless of what event you are attending.

i remeber going to an eagles/falcons game on the day of game 4 of the '08 world series. it was a sea of green birds jerseys and red phils shirts/hats. a thing of beauty. i wore my cunningham throwback as usual but also sported my phils hat. one time thing. perfectly acceptable. that was a glorious day.

ah, the fall of 2008. good times.

i've changed my mind....you are a fraud. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    it's special when a team is in the confrence finals or finals. the entire city has a buzz about it. it's a special time, and you should enjoy it, regardless of what event you are attending.

i remeber going to an eagles/falcons game on the day of game 4 of the '08 world series. it was a sea of green birds jerseys and red phils shirts/hats. a thing of beauty. i wore my cunningham throwback as usual but also sported my phils hat. one time thing. perfectly acceptable. that was a glorious day.

ah, the fall of 2008. good times.

i've changed my mind....you are a fraud. :P
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    81 wrote:

Unless you are in Miami. Then you just sit in the arena and text on your phone and act like you would rather be at the gym.

white chair covers should only be used at weddings not sporting events. :x

the entire miami heat organization is fraudulent.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

agreed. those look aweful

teams are getting a little carried away with white outs, see red, blue man chu

i think it was hte dallas/okc city where the dallas crowd was all blue, just like the OKC uniform. looked goofy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

agreed. those look aweful

it's miami. it's chic.

:roll:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    I was looking for this thread...

I was at a bar last night in LA and all these Laker fans were cheering, rooting, high-fiving, clapping, etc for the Dallas Mavericks?!? :-? Now, is there not a rule against rooting for the team that fucking smashed you in the Western Conference Semi Finals? I figured these Laker fans would have not given a shit, but apparently they are all Lebron haters. Smells like FRAUD to me. I think the thing that really bugged me was how vocal they were about the Mavericks winning.
  • Options

I was at a bar last night in LA and all these Laker fans were cheering, rooting, high-fiving, clapping, etc for the Dallas Mavericks?!? :-? Now, is there not a rule against rooting for the team that fucking smashed you in the Western Conference Semi Finals? I figured these Laker fans would have not given a shit, but apparently they are all Lebron haters. Smells like FRAUD to me. I think the thing that really bugged me was how vocal they were about the Mavericks winning.

A lot of the Laker fans around here are short sighted. This whole off season is about the re-tooling of the Lakers to be able to compete with the Heat. They don't care about anybody in the West. For some reason, the Heat are the new rivals now and that's all that matters. Gotta be able to beat them to win the championship. That's how a lot of the articles/sports talk segments are setup as well. As if they have the West wrapped up for next year already.
  • Options

A lot of the Laker fans around here are short sighted. This whole off season is about the re-tooling of the Lakers to be able to compete with the Heat. They don't care about anybody in the West. For some reason, the Heat are the new rivals now and that's all that matters. Gotta be able to beat them to win the championship. That's how a lot of the articles/sports talk segments are setup as well. As if they have the West wrapped up for next year already.

they could also beat pulling for the underdog, like the rest of the country. i don't think this is too fraudulent in my opinion...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i don't see it as fraudulent....once your team is gone, root for whomever, so long as it's not your biggest rival...ie Chicago should never root for Detroit.

unless detroit is playing heat. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    i don't see it as fraudulent....once your team is gone, root for whomever, so long as it's not your biggest rival...ie Chicago should never root for Detroit.

right. like i'd never root for the cowboys or something in the nfl.

that's why i can't understand eagles fans rooting for the giants against the pats a few years ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:

that's why i can't understand eagles fans rooting for the giants against the pats a few years ago.

i can understand that...pats are sort of like the heat of the nfl. they are the top of most people's hate list.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Flagg wrote:
    81 wrote:

Unless you are in Miami. Then you just sit in the arena and text on your phone and act like you would rather be at the gym.

the entire miami heat organization is fraudulent.

did you see the game where someone went into the crowd next to the hoop in miami- maybe deshawn stevenson? - and there was some clown miami fan pretending to punch the player?

that's not my point... my point is the player took out this woman who was in a white dress that could be worn at a wedding... wtf? is this sports or a club?

checked it on dvr and she flashed her beav just a little... so it wasn't all bad ;)
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    The 81 wrote:

i assume it was because the pats took out the eagles previously in the superbowl while ALLEGEDLY cheating? and were on pace for perfection

makes some sense... although i guess i'd never root for the yankees in any situation

i was worried this year would end up lakers v heat... as a celtics fan i'd have to just hope something tragic happened ;)

although
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

i can understand that...pats are sort of like the heat of the nfl. they are the top of most people's hate list.

i look at the heat a lot differently than i do the pats.

would you have rooted for the pack or vikings against them?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    The 81 wrote:

i look at the heat a lot differently than i do the pats.

would you have rooted for the pack or vikings against them?

Nah, dude, I have to intervene. I hate NY teams as much as the next, but I had to outweigh one against the other during that Super Bowl. First, obviously, a tidal wave of AIDS over that entire stadium would have been best. And the worst thing happening was Boston winning that fucking SB, worst than the Giants winning. That SB win, if NE got it, would have been absolutely insufferable.
  • Options
    yeah we've discussed this before i think.

i just don't have the hate towards boston a lot of people have. and i like the way that organization is run from the top down. they're not our rivals in anyway. they're fans are annoying, sure...but something about the giants winning yet another one...and being the first team in our division during the reid regime to win one after we were so close for so many years made it impossible for me to pull for them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, we have been over it, and because of that era of time there were "die-hard" Boston fans in fucking Wyoming. And this is fucked up - a grinned a little bit when Brady's knee got torn apart. I know, I know, messed up.
  • Options
    Yes, we have been over it, and because of that era of time there were "die-hard" Boston fans in fucking Wyoming. And this is fucked up - a grinned a little bit when Brady's knee got torn apart. I know, I know, messed up.

he was my fantasy qb that year you bastard :x :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    even thinking about participating in a wave at a sporting event is fraudulent...and idiotic.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I haven't done it in 18 years, but what if you have a child that goes to the game solely to participate in the wave? Is there an age exemption for this? Like under 12, and over 75 (just to prove you can sill move).
  • Options
    Wave is okay if you're under 12, sure. BUT, if you're a father and you have brought your son to a game and he's over the age of 7, then he must pass through the Wave phase earlier by you reprimanding such an act and start him on keeping score and/or booing the opposing players loudly.
  • Options
    Noted...Colin James King-White will not be the fraud that I am - he'll just be a different sort of fraud punished by the teams his dad roots for. He has already been to a Heat-Wizards game (at 6 weeks), and opening day for the Orioles (at 7 weeks)...thinking of Sox (mom's team b/c she grew up 45 mins from the stadium)-Brewers (mine for fraudulent reasons). I will say that I did keep score at baseball games from the time I went my first game of memory at the Skydome in 1989 (a 3-1 loss by the Brew Crew) until the game after I got teased by my future father-in-law for doing so at Fenway in 2002.
  • Options
    Yeah, we've been over this I believe - is this kid most likely going to be raised in Charm City? If so, then he's gotta go O's, Ravens, Caps, Wiz.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Noted...Colin James King-White will not be the fraud that I am - he'll just be a different sort of fraud punished by the teams his dad roots for. He has already been to a Heat-Wizards game (at 6 weeks), and opening day for the Orioles (at 7 weeks)...thinking of Sox (mom's team b/c she grew up 45 mins from the stadium)-Brewers (mine for fraudulent reasons). I will say that I did keep score at baseball games from the time I went my first game of memory at the Skydome in 1989 (a 3-1 loss by the Brew Crew) until the game after I got teased by my future father-in-law for doing so at Fenway in 2002.

giving something up that you enjoyed and wasn't "weird" because your father in law teased you is fraudulent.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

giving something up that you enjoyed and wasn't "weird" because your father in law teased you is fraudulent.
    I used to enjoy it, but started to hate it after being forced by my coach to chart pitches and keep score for Community College games. I like drinking beers at Camden Yards then leaving in the 8th and watching the rest of the game at our bar across the street. Fraudulent yes, but we still know a bartender or two down their and it's nice not to have to take a break from the real reason to go to baseball games April-August.
  • Options
    Os I hate because of my Uncle. Caps I hate b/c Ovi is a heroin inducing loser. Wizards and Ravens are fine, but he could root for the 76ers b/c they are just a fast to get to and from.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    81 wrote:

i always think of joe carter when i think of mitch williams

all was forgotten in '08

We forgave him

:D
    yea kinda like sox fans forgiving buckner after 04 :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

i always think of joe carter when i think of mitch williams

all was forgotten in '08

We forgave him

:D
    yea kinda like sox fans forgiving buckner after 04 :roll:

In my book he was never ever blamed for anything in that Mets WS, without him the Sox would never had reached the WS. It is still a team game right?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    even thinking about participating in a wave at a sporting event is fraudulent...and idiotic.

Not really.....I think it's kinda sad that at the games I've been to the last few years, the wave can't get off the ground. Maybe people just got sick of doing it, but it seems more like people are gettin lazy or take themselves too seriously.

I say do it a few times, enjoy it for what it is, get it over with. It seems like it goes on longer when everybody ignores it, especially if you're sittin close to the people that start it.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Os I hate because of my Uncle. Caps I hate b/c Ovi is a heroin inducing loser. Wizards and Ravens are fine, but he could root for the 76ers b/c they are just a fast to get to and from.

what? the play across the street from the phillies and eagles. can he be a fan of those teams for the same reason?
    chinese-happy.jpg