are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    he should root for the rockies, its his home state team. i'd be very shocked if he didn't get the rockies game. rockies are a good team to root for anyways.

but i think he is from utah and might be as much as 7 hours away....

also, i'm not certain you are permitted to help given your dallas cowboys allegiance ;)
    we're talking baseball here not football. if this was football talk yes i'd shut up. lol

yes your right he is from utah but 7 hours isn't that far. the mariners have fans in montana and idhao.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    if you decide to become a rockies fan, just plan on enjoying bash em baseball :lol:

Does that mean that they are a physical team?

Does that mean that they are loaded with sluggers?

Apparently since their first season in 1993, overall they are a losing team with .478 franchise record.

I take it baseball is the same in comparison to basketball where as anythin gunder.500 is considered "losing"?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they play in thin air....more HR's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coors_Field

interesting...they say they now store Rockies baseballs in a humidor which helps cut down the flight time of hits, to the point that HR's have fallen closer to the league average
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    RW81233 wrote:
    I like the idea of dc going through the flow chart 81 posted.

i'd offer that that flow chart is fraudulent...and a complete waste of time. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

interesting...they say they now store Rockies baseballs in a humidor which helps cut down the flight time of hits, to the point that HR's have fallen closer to the league average
    whata cool field. always wanted to see the mets play there.

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    well that's b/c the Phillies are next to the Cubs and Brewers...btw I finally did some research on who I should have rooted for in baseball as a kid and the Mets/Yanks were 300+ miles away, the Blue Jays 220 miles away, and the Expos were 180 miles away. However this was before the advent of baseball on television every night so I would have had to learned French Canadian over the radio to follow them. Also this makes the Montreal Allouettes my non-fraudulent football team, Canadians for hockey, while basketball should be the Knicks.
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

tis a nice looking park...just about all the parks that have gone up in the last 15 years are awesome.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited July 2011
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

tis a nice looking park...just about all the parks that have gone up in the last 15 years are awesome.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a game there in the next few weeks. Looks like they'll be playing the Phillies.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

cept for shitty(citi) field :P

RW81233 wrote:
    well that's b/c the Phillies are next to the Cubs and Brewers...btw I finally did some research on who I should have rooted for in baseball as a kid and the Mets/Yanks were 300+ miles away, the Blue Jays 220 miles away, and the Expos were 180 miles away. However this was before the advent of baseball on television every night so I would have had to learned French Canadian over the radio to follow them. Also this makes the Montreal Allouettes my non-fraudulent football team, Canadians for hockey, while basketball should be the Knicks.
    where do you live that the knicks would be your bball team ??

dcfaithful wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to seeing a game there in the next few weeks. Looks like they'll be playing the Phillies.

you could get Halladay...woot

i'm seeing them next monday at wrigley. whoo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    metsfan wrote:

i need to catch a mets game to check it out.

from just looks, i think US Cellular looks pretty crappy.

ATT park is really nice.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

ATT park is really nice.
    i too need to catch a mets game to check it out. :P . i would soooo love to see a game at att park. seems like a cool park. safeco field was is a really cool stadium to see a game.

81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

ATT park is really nice.

have you never been to us cellular 81?

i thought it looked better back in the 90's, before they renovated it...
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:

you should have been an expos fan and you should be a current nationals fan. you would have all kinds of credibility if that were the case. they even followed you down to your next of the woods (dc/bmore)
    :lol:

i saw some dude wearing an expos jersey earlier this year when the phils played the nats. looked cool as shit. those early 90's expos teams were pretty damn good too. if it weren't for the strike...
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

ATT park is really nice.

The Cell is on my list of ball parks attended. it's nice, but it looks aweful. just way to big of a gap between the lower level and the upper level due to the suites. makes it look like there is a three story building between the sections.

http://unclebobsballparks9.tripod.com/s ... 080163.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

The Cell is on my list of ball parks attended. it's nice, but it looks aweful. just way to big of a gap between the lower level and the upper level due to the suites. makes it look like there is a three story building between the sections.

the move "my best friend's wedding" shot a scene there back in the late 90's.

am i fraud for knowing that?

www.myspace.com
    from the did you know file....

they host wedding receptions at the Cell.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    from the did you know file....

they host wedding receptions at the Cell.

pretty sure they do that at most ballparks
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:

you should have been an expos fan and you should be a current nationals fan. you would have all kinds of credibility if that were the case. they even followed you down to your next of the woods (dc/bmore)

i saw some dude wearing an expos jersey earlier this year when the phils played the nats. looked cool as shit. those early 90's expos teams were pretty damn good too. if it weren't for the strike...
    yeah but according to you i'm off the hook because the expos moved...haha. I grew up in watertown, ny before the raptors existed so my team should have been the Knicks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    RW, my family had a cottage at blind bay, 20 minutes east of Alexandria bay. Drove by Watertown almost every weekend.
    ha that's crazy. Lived there until I was 12, moved to Binghamton, went to undergrad at Ithaca College so if you draw a line down the middle of that state I pretty much lived along it. When did you stop going up?
    Ha, I'm from Binghamton. Lived there pretty much my whole life until I went to school in Albany. My mom was a professor at Binghamton university. Fucking crazy, where did you go to school?

And stopped going up regularly not too long ago. Parents sold it around 2004 or 05 probably. Loved it up there. Went back on vacation for a week a couple years back. I would love to buy a place up there again someday.
    I went to Chenango Forks (graduated in 1997), then Broome for two years. Yourself?
    RW81233 wrote:
    I went to Chenango Forks (graduated in 1997), then Broome for two years. Yourself?

Nice, you have a few years on me. I went to Binghamton high school, 2001. You guys had a pretty good lacrosse team when I was in high school. Went to Albany briefly then st rose.
    cliffy sorry i passed out last night during our convo...you are my 2nd sister's age. she wasn't the most outgoing of us, but she teaches spanish and french at Greene now. pitched against st. rose for my last college start at Ithaca for the JV squad. Should have won but the CF dropped an easy fly. Ahhh well wasn't going anywhere anyhow, maybe to varsity, but not many make it past that. whatcha doing now?
    a crime will be committed today. and i am sorry to say that despite my best efforts, your juggler will be an unwilling participant in it.

sister in law hooks us up with awesome phils tickets throughout the year. hall of fame club. we can get them for face value off someone she works with.

so today we have tickets. going down with the wife, sister in law and her fiance.....a few weeks ago it was announced that her cousin was having a graduation party today. we had just spent a week in the outer banks with this family so when i heard it was the same day as this phils game, i wasn't terribly upset we would miss it......then it was sprung upon me that my wife and her sister plan on staying at the game for just a couple hours and then leaving early for this party. :o :shock: seriously. this flies directly in the face of everything i stand for as an upstanding non fraudulent sports fan. goes right against the sports fans code of ethics.

plus--we had just seen these people a month ago. sadly, there's nothing i can do. been fighting this as best as i could without causing a huge thing...but the 3 of them are for leaving the game early. probably 6th inning i'm guessing.

my only saving grace is that i made a deal that if kyle kendrick has a no hitter going, we can stay........i'm screwed. :x :lol: :thumbdown:

have mercy on me. please.
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,739
    a crime will be committed today. and i am sorry to say that despite my best efforts, your juggler will be an unwilling participant in it.

sister in law hooks us up with awesome phils tickets throughout the year. hall of fame club. we can get them for face value off someone she works with.

so today we have tickets. going down with the wife, sister in law and her fiance.....a few weeks ago it was announced that her cousin was having a graduation party today. we had just spent a week in the outer banks with this family so when i heard it was the same day as this phils game, i wasn't terribly upset we would miss it......then it was sprung upon me that my wife and her sister plan on staying at the game for just a couple hours and then leaving early for this party. :o :shock: seriously. this flies directly in the face of everything i stand for as an upstanding non fraudulent sports fan. goes right against the sports fans code of ethics.

plus--we had just seen these people a month ago. sadly, there's nothing i can do. been fighting this as best as i could without causing a huge thing...but the 3 of them are for leaving the game early. probably 6th inning i'm guessing.

my only saving grace is that i made a deal that if kyle kendrick has a no hitter going, we can stay........i'm screwed. :x :lol: :thumbdown:

does wanting to get laid in the future trump sport fraudulance? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

does wanting to get laid in the future trump sport fraudulance? :mrgreen:

touche
    www.myspace.com