Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,478
    DewieCox wrote:
    even thinking about participating in a wave at a sporting event is fraudulent...and idiotic.

Not really.....I think it's kinda sad that at the games I've been to the last few years, the wave can't get off the ground. Maybe people just got sick of doing it, but it seems more like people are gettin lazy or take themselves too seriously.

I say do it a few times, enjoy it for what it is, get it over with. It seems like it goes on longer when everybody ignores it, especially if you're sittin close to the people that start it.

i sit perfectly still and stare straight ahead when the wave approaches me.

if i sat close to the people who started it i would tell them to sit down and watch the fucking game. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:
    Os I hate because of my Uncle. Caps I hate b/c Ovi is a heroin inducing loser. Wizards and Ravens are fine, but he could root for the 76ers b/c they are just a fast to get to and from.

what? the play across the street from the phillies and eagles. can he be a fan of those teams for the same reason?
    no bc football and baseball exist in bmore (15 mins away). basketball for 76ers and wizrds is about 1 hour away.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    g under p wrote:

In my book he was never ever blamed for anything in that Mets WS, without him the Sox would never had reached the WS. It is still a team game right?

Peace
    i agree with you 100%

that maybe in your book but cause of that one play he was run outta boston and eventually the face of the earth. i usually don't criticize boston fans but it was disgraceful what they did to him and cheering for him after the 04 world series win seemed fake as fake can get. like what you said it was and is and forever will be a team game.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,626
    I was at an Ottawa @ Buffalo NHL game a few years ago and I saw a guy with a Gretzky Ottawa Senators jersey.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I was at an Ottawa @ Buffalo NHL game a few years ago and I saw a guy with a Gretzky Ottawa Senators jersey.

when did gretzky play for ottawa?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,626
    never. not even close
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    never. not even close

hmm...then this might be one of the worst jerseys i have ever heard of.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,136
    metsfan wrote:
    g under p wrote:

In my book he was never ever blamed for anything in that Mets WS, without him the Sox would never had reached the WS. It is still a team game right?

Peace
    i agree with you 100%

that maybe in your book but cause of that one play he was run outta boston and eventually the face of the earth. i usually don't criticize boston fans but it was disgraceful what they did to him and cheering for him after the 04 world series win seemed fake as fake can get. like what you said it was and is and forever will be a team game.

Yes it was disgraceful how some fans reated and treated Billy Buck.....even I initially gave him some blame, however I was young but quicly came to my senses and realized if there ever was anyone to blame it was the entire team. Even after that game and error the Sox STILL had a chance to win that Series but didn't get the job done.

Some Boston fans like other cities get TOO caught up in there passion to win in that they treat their players like Gods but when they fail they are the Devil's newborn. :twisted: Especially when many in the city back then had not seen the Sox win the WS in their lifetime.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    i agree with you 100%

Yes it was disgraceful how some fans reated and treated Billy Buck.....even I initially gave him some blame, however I was young but quicly came to my senses and realized if there ever was anyone to blame it was the entire team. Even after that game and error the Sox STILL had a chance to win that Series but didn't get the job done.

Some Boston fans like other cities get TOO caught up in there passion to win in that they treat their players like Gods but when they fail they are the Devil's newborn. :twisted: Especially when many in the city back then had not seen the Sox win the WS in their lifetime.

Peace

see this is another thing...if the buckner thing happened with the phillies and this town went 20 years hating that man to the degree that boston did--i think the reaction would have been much harsher towards philly than it was against boston. in boston, the hatred was part of the whole "tortured red sox fan mystique". had that happened in philly, the national media would have lumped that in with the few drunks who threw snowballs at a drunk santa like 50 years ago. :roll:

lazy journalism = fraudulent.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unfortunately 2 waves broke out at the phils game yesterday.

i ducked each time it came to my section.

how can people be this bored in a close game? i don't get it...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

well it was the cubs you were playing. :lol: the only fun thing about their games is waiting for castro, aram or soriano to boot anouther ball. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:

well it was the cubs you were playing. :lol: the only fun thing about their games is waiting for castro, aram or soriano to boot anouther ball. :mrgreen:

good point. that team is pretty bad...but i'm talking about a 1 or 2 run game in the late innings. i don't care who they're playing, that's a good game. how are you not entertained? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,360
    MayDay10 wrote:

when did gretzky play for ottawa?
    THAT was likely in support of Canadian hockey. Great One = Fraudulent?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    why is jordan's number hanging in the rafters in Miami?

fruadulent to the max
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:

fruadulent to the max
    was there no other Miami player that wore that number?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

fruadulent to the max

according to wiki

Cedric Ceballos
    Tyrone Corbin
    Gary Grant
    John Morton
    Rex Walters

Baby Jordan wore 32 & 4 with the heat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

fruadulent to the max

according to wiki

Cedric Ceballos
    Tyrone Corbin
    Gary Grant
    John Morton
    Rex Walters

I just searched Miami's official site. looks like ALL those players were 1 and done with the heat. Maybe it was a demand from bronbron to have it retired. But to put it in the rafters?

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    fruadulent to the max

according to wiki

Cedric Ceballos
    Tyrone Corbin
    Gary Grant
    John Morton
    Rex Walters

I just searched Miami's official site. looks like ALL those players were 1 and done with the heat. Maybe it was a demand from bronbron to have it retired. But to put it in the rafters?[/quote]

i think it was retired back in 03...jordans final final season in his last visit to miami as a player.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    that's ridiculous.

i don't even like the jackie robinson thing baseball does.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Jackie Robinson is really fraudulent in Boston where he's memorialized in Right Field and the guy who said "get those n's off the field" when he and two others were trying out for the team in 1945 is memorialized on the Green Monster.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    MLB wasn't pulling that # 42 shit with the yanks...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    MLB wasn't pulling that # 42 shit with the yanks...

...or the 12 other players who wore it at the time mlb retired it. rivera is just the last one still playing. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002

see this is another thing...if the buckner thing happened with the phillies and this town went 20 years hating that man to the degree that boston did--i think the reaction would have been much harsher towards philly than it was against boston. in boston, the hatred was part of the whole "tortured red sox fan mystique". had that happened in philly, the national media would have lumped that in with the few drunks who threw snowballs at a drunk santa like 50 years ago. :roll:

agree with this 100%. also that guy who dressed up in Santa deserved to get hit with snowballs. it was very unoriginal and lame. only way i'll let it pass is if he was Santa for a charity event or fundraiser and didn't have time to change for the game and just said fuck it i'll go as Santa.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

agree with this 100%. also that guy who dressed up in Santa deserved to get hit with snowballs. it was very unoriginal and lame. only way i'll let it pass is if he was Santa for a charity event or fundraiser and didn't have time to change for the game and just said fuck it i'll go as Santa.

don't know if you know the real story but the wasn't supposed to be the real santa for that thing. the guy the eagles hired couldn't make it because of the weather. it was snowing. so they saw this dude just sitting in the stands. he was wearing a santa outfit (yeah that is pretty lame) and they just asked him to fill in. guy was like 5'8 and a 140 pounds. didn't look the part, other than the oversized suit...and he was drunk.

a guy i work with worked with him years ago. said he's a decent guy and is hilarious when he tells the story
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    unfortunately 2 waves broke out at the phils game yesterday.

i ducked each time it came to my section.

because 98% of the people there are there because it's an event and have no personal stake in the winning or losing of the game. i was at the game friday night and the wave went around for about 5 times (granted it started at 7-0 but gasoline Romero was in by the time it ended). even more than jerseys Jaegs I've always hated the wave more. any adult male who participates in the wave is a dope.

and i still blame mitch williams for 1993. earliest and saddest i ever left a bar during my heavy drinking days. only started to feel better because of 2008 and because Mitch was pretty darn good on Comcast and now MLB Network. but it was his fault (he blew 2 games not just the last one).
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    The 81 wrote:

fruadulent to the max

I am pretty sure Pat Riley mandated it to be retired. I think the line of thinking was he didn't want someone to wear it because there will never be another player like or as good as Michael Jordan.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Kraven wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

fruadulent to the max

I am pretty sure Pat Riley mandated it to be retired. I think the line of thinking was he didn't want someone to wear it because there will never be another player like or as good as Michael Jordan.

sounds about right, but still fraudulent.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    Kraven wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

fruadulent to the max

sounds about right, but still fraudulent.

who does pat riley think he is? GOD??? :o:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So if it's ok to swap your wife out, why isn't it ok to swap your fandom out. I mean, when joining weddded bliss, you typically make a pledge of until death, but 50% of marriages end up ending well before death. So i ask you, if i can break the binds of marriage, why can't i break the binds of fandom?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    remember when you were a kid, adults referred to whomever as "sports fan"
    this was greatness
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."