Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    get a way day

hello Ed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i guess Sale isn't the answer for closer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    all you Jenks haters can kiss my pale, pimply ass.

4th blown save of the year (out of 4 chances)
    ...how many more will it take until you admit you were all wrong?
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    all you Jenks haters can kiss my pale, pimply ass 4th blown save of the year...how many more will it take until you admit you were all wrong?

Jenks still blows.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hahaha! you're fucking insane.
  • Options
    i'd rather have stan belinda
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    santos is the final candidate..or peavy
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Davidtrios wrote:
    all you Jenks haters can kiss my pale, pimply ass.

4th blown save of the year (out of 4 chances)
    ...how many more will it take until you admit you were all wrong?

Jenks would be the 5th. We don't need anymore people blowing these games. we have enough.. It seemed like everytime I tuned in, Jenks was blowing a game last year.
  • Options
    jenks was 27/31 last year...4 blown saves all year long.
    173/199- 87% for his career

people- stop being stupid!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    Davidtrios wrote:

And if he would have kept his fat ass in shape, those numbers could have been even better. The guy wouldn't commit to keeping in shape, so why the fuck should the Sox commit to him?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    all you Jenks haters can kiss my pale, pimply ass 4th blown save of the year...how many more will it take until you admit you were all wrong?

Jenks still blows.

Yep. Santos needs to be the guy. There will be some big changes in the bullpen after this fucking disaster.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

And if he would have kept his fat ass in shape, those numbers could have been even better. The guy wouldn't commit to keeping in shape, so why the fuck should the Sox commit to him?

do you really have to ask why they shouldve commited to him? have you been following the sox this year??
    have you noticed what's been happening in save chances? open your fucken eyes buddy
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

do you really have to ask why they shouldve commited to him? have you been following the sox this year??
    have you noticed what's been happening in save chances? open your fucken eyes buddy

If Jenks is so great, why didn't he sign someplace that would have used him as the closer?

He was also a negative influence in the clubhouse.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    just a quick refresher on Bobby
    GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Manager Ozzie Guillen issued a warning to disgruntled former White Sox closer Bobby Jenks to concentrate solely on Boston and not repeating verbal shots at the Sox and Guillen's middle son Oney.

"If Oney said everything he knows about Bobby Jenks, it wouldn't be a pretty thing," Guillen said in a calm tone after Saturday's workout.

"I respect his wife. I respect his kids. I'm not even mad. I wish I was mad about it because I will rip his throat (out).

Nevertheless, Guillen responded directly after Jenks told the Tribune on Thursday that he was tired of the bickering between Guillen and the front office last season and referred to Oney Guillen as a victim of "middle child syndrome."

Oney Guillen, who tweeted some comments critical of Jenks' personal issues after Jenks ripped the manager in December, declined to comment on Jenks' latest comments.

But Ozzie Guillen issued his threat during a seven-minute response.

"That's sad because it's coming from him," Guillen said. "That surprises me. Everybody in this organization did a lot of great things for him. Did he pitch good for us? Yes, very, very good. But in the meanwhile, just worry about setting up some games over there. Just worry about Boston, don't worry about the White Sox."

"Too bad that all the stuff we had between me and Kenny interrupted his career because he did a lot of bad things last year," Guillen quipped. "We lied for him, we protected him. I'm the first manager in the history of baseball to give a guy a week off to take care of his kids when his father-in-law was sick. It wasn't even his wife, it even wasn't a (family) member. But it was out of respect I have for his family. I sent him home because he had to babysit his kids because his father-in-law was sick. I don't think any manager is doing that. But coming from him, I expect that."

Guillen wished that Jenks, who wasn't tendered a contract with the Sox this winter, would focus solely on the Red Sox, who gave him a two-year, $12 million contract to serve as a set-up man.

"We don't miss him," Guillen said. "You ask 30 guys in there. By the way, I was asking for his phone number to talk him to about it, and nobody had his phone number. None of his (former) teammates had his phone number. That you can tell what happened. But (criticism of ) me, that's fine. He wasn't talking about the ballclub, he was talking about Ozzie and Kenny (Williams). I respect that.

"Thank God he wasn't talking about the club. If Bobby was taking about the club, I would have been everywhere on ESPN because I will rip his guts. But he was talking about me. I can take that. Just be careful of what you say about Oney because Oney will say stuff he's not supposed to be saying. That's just a warning for him just in case somebody don't call him. Just stay away and don't name Oney for this because it will be pretty ugly."

Guillen said that Jenks' unreliability because of family issues and health was one of the biggest reasons the Sox finished second in the American League Central last year.

"He showed up once a week to pitch," Guillen said. "We were loyal to him, played him. I was a very bad manager because I kept him as my closer when he couldn't (close). He's got to look himself in the mirror. Too bad. I still love his kids and wife.

Guillen joked that he was keeping a low profile and wanted spring training to run smoothly.

"If that happened two years ago or last year, I can make a book about this kid," Guillen said. "A book, not one page, I can make a book. And I feel bad for him. I feel sad he thinks that way about me. Very sad because he knows I can easily, easily kill this kid in the paper. He's not going to win."
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

You make it seem like we all have this blind, random hate for Jenks, and you're the only one who gets it. But in reality, most sox fans and the sox organization, have very legitimate reasons for not wanting him back this year. The Sox (specifically Jerry, Kenny and Ozzie) are loyal to fault. They stuck with Jenks through shit that nearly all other teams in the league would not have, so there were some obvious reasons. Hell, I even have one of those Jenks jersey shirts. But this is a business. When it came down to it, his salary was gonna be over $10 mil a year. His ERA, AVG against, H/9 and BB/9 were all trending in the wrong direction, and his save % was below 85% for the last two seasons. He was not a sure thing either.

Also, the closer/bullpen has been the scapegoat for all these blown games, but they're really full team loses. Today, why is Sale starting the 9th?? The manager's job is to put his team in the best position to win, and Ozzie didn't do that today. Maybe Jenks was right about Ozzie, I'll give you that Davidtrios. Also, how many guys did we leave on base today? 9 I think. The bullpen is obviously pitching scared right now, which is bad. I think you try Santos in the next save opp, move Thornton back to his 8th inning role and sale and crain in situational roles. If that doesn't work, you gotta make a move. And if that means trading a piece of the future, do it, cuz this team is built to win this year. I'm hoping we're all laughing about this in September...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    enjoy the off day because you are only getting two more off days between friday and the end of may.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Yes, I must ask why they should have committed to him. Bobby brought his fat ass into camp way out shape the past 2 seasons...why do you think he had so many injuries the past 2 years? Yes, the bullpen is struggling right now but there is no way in hell that he was worth over $10 million for this season.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

You make it seem like we all have this blind, random hate for Jenks, and you're the only one who gets it. But in reality, most sox fans and the sox organization, have very legitimate reasons for not wanting him back this year. The Sox (specifically Jerry, Kenny and Ozzie) are loyal to fault. They stuck with Jenks through shit that nearly all other teams in the league would not have, so there were some obvious reasons. Hell, I even have one of those Jenks jersey shirts. But this is a business. When it came down to it, his salary was gonna be over $10 mil a year. His ERA, AVG against, H/9 and BB/9 were all trending in the wrong direction, and his save % was below 85% for the last two seasons. He was not a sure thing either.

Also, the closer/bullpen has been the scapegoat for all these blown games, but they're really full team loses. Today, why is Sale starting the 9th?? The manager's job is to put his team in the best position to win, and Ozzie didn't do that today. Maybe Jenks was right about Ozzie, I'll give you that Davidtrios. Also, how many guys did we leave on base today? 9 I think. The bullpen is obviously pitching scared right now, which is bad. I think you try Santos in the next save opp, move Thornton back to his 8th inning role and sale and crain in situational roles. If that doesn't work, you gotta make a move. And if that means trading a piece of the future, do it, cuz this team is built to win this year. I'm hoping we're all laughing about this in September...

I agree with you on putting Santos in for the next save opportunity. Move Thornton back to that 8th inning role that he was so good at. And like you said, if that doesn't work, then Kenny has to make a move because this lineup is too good to let the bullpen fuck up the entire season...
  • Options
    bobby-jenks-and-ozzie-guillen-white-sox-e1298916757653.jpg?w=320
  • Options
    Jenks blows
    GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Manager Ozzie Guillen issued a warning to disgruntled former White Sox closer Bobby Jenks to concentrate solely on Boston and not repeating verbal shots at the Sox and Guillen's middle son Oney.

"If Oney said everything he knows about Bobby Jenks, it wouldn't be a pretty thing," Guillen said in a calm tone after Saturday's workout.

"I respect his wife. I respect his kids. I'm not even mad. I wish I was mad about it because I will rip his throat (out).

Nevertheless, Guillen responded directly after Jenks told the Tribune on Thursday that he was tired of the bickering between Guillen and the front office last season and referred to Oney Guillen as a victim of "middle child syndrome."

Oney Guillen, who tweeted some comments critical of Jenks' personal issues after Jenks ripped the manager in December, declined to comment on Jenks' latest comments.

But Ozzie Guillen issued his threat during a seven-minute response.

"That's sad because it's coming from him," Guillen said. "That surprises me. Everybody in this organization did a lot of great things for him. Did he pitch good for us? Yes, very, very good. But in the meanwhile, just worry about setting up some games over there. Just worry about Boston, don't worry about the White Sox."

"Too bad that all the stuff we had between me and Kenny interrupted his career because he did a lot of bad things last year," Guillen quipped. "We lied for him, we protected him. I'm the first manager in the history of baseball to give a guy a week off to take care of his kids when his father-in-law was sick. It wasn't even his wife, it even wasn't a (family) member. But it was out of respect I have for his family. I sent him home because he had to babysit his kids because his father-in-law was sick. I don't think any manager is doing that. But coming from him, I expect that."

Guillen wished that Jenks, who wasn't tendered a contract with the Sox this winter, would focus solely on the Red Sox, who gave him a two-year, $12 million contract to serve as a set-up man.

"We don't miss him," Guillen said. "You ask 30 guys in there. By the way, I was asking for his phone number to talk him to about it, and nobody had his phone number. None of his (former) teammates had his phone number. That you can tell what happened. But (criticism of ) me, that's fine. He wasn't talking about the ballclub, he was talking about Ozzie and Kenny (Williams). I respect that.

"Thank God he wasn't talking about the club. If Bobby was taking about the club, I would have been everywhere on ESPN because I will rip his guts. But he was talking about me. I can take that. Just be careful of what you say about Oney because Oney will say stuff he's not supposed to be saying. That's just a warning for him just in case somebody don't call him. Just stay away and don't name Oney for this because it will be pretty ugly."

Guillen said that Jenks' unreliability because of family issues and health was one of the biggest reasons the Sox finished second in the American League Central last year.

"He showed up once a week to pitch," Guillen said. "We were loyal to him, played him. I was a very bad manager because I kept him as my closer when he couldn't (close). He's got to look himself in the mirror. Too bad. I still love his kids and wife.

Guillen joked that he was keeping a low profile and wanted spring training to run smoothly.

"If that happened two years ago or last year, I can make a book about this kid," Guillen said. "A book, not one page, I can make a book. And I feel bad for him. I feel sad he thinks that way about me. Very sad because he knows I can easily, easily kill this kid in the paper. He's not going to win."
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

Yesterday, Ozzie said they might have to call former Sox closer Bobby Thigpen to close...you know he really wanted to say Bobby Jenks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

Yesterday, Ozzie said they might have to call former Sox closer Bobby Thigpen to close...you know he really wanted to say Bobby Jenks.

One of the many reasons I LOVE LOVE LOVE you. YOU understand my love for Big Bobby!!
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

One of the many reasons I LOVE LOVE LOVE you. YOU understand my love for Big Bobby!!

You guys are thinking with your hearts when it comes to Jenks. Break-ups are tough. I think all Sox fans have a special place for him after 05-08. But the reality of it is, he was on the decline. Between that and his bullshit in the clubhouse, the organization couldn't justify paying him $10+ mil a year. Hence why he is the 3rd or 4th option out of the bullpen for a 2-9 team. Simple as that, now get over it.

As of right now, the biggest mistake of the offseason was watching Putz sign a 2-year/$10 mil deal with the Dbacks, and reacting with a 3-year/$13 mil deal with Jesse Crain. A sale/santos 7th, thornton 8th, putz 9th looks awfully good right now. But hey, we're 12 games in, let's see how it plays out.

Also, Bobby Thigpen is the franchise's saves leader and probably the best relief pitcher to ever wear a Sox uni. He's a coach for Winston-Salem. Ozzie said that with good reason. :roll:
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    love is thinking with her loins :P i kid david, i kid. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

No, really it is not a joke. On my list of "Famous Athletes I Would Make Sweet Lurve And Then Have An Illigitimate Child With" (or FAIWMSLATHAICW), Bobby was second only to LeBron.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

No, really it is not a joke. On my list of "Famous Athletes I Would Make Sweet Lurve And Then Have An Illigitimate Child With" (or FAIWMSLATHAICW), Bobby was second only to LeBron.

i just threw up a little in my mouth
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    232323232%7Ffp53383%3Enu%3D3268%3E772%3E9%3C9%3EWSNRCG%3D348293%3C%3B68329nu0mrj

Despite my love for Big Bobby Jenks and Lebron, I am a homer through and through. I am currently tracking Big Donkey's every move. Heeeeeeeey Dunn!
  • Options
    Will be an interesting series this weekend. Got some tough pitching match-ups, having to face Weaver and Haren. Hopefully we get to them early, and all our starters pitch complete games :D
  • Options
    Well, um, well, at least we have the Bulls to focus on.

Hopefully the Sox get their shit together on this road trip.