Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited April 2011
    81 wrote:
    2 HRs for Dunn!

Is he Dunn yet! :lol:

when did he hit the second?
    I might be wrong. I thought he hit two. I'm going through game day now at work... It's a shitload of runs to account for. :lol:

EDIT: He has a double and a HR.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    he's got a two run bomb and a two run double. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    15 runs yesterday. 5 runs through the first few innings so far today. I like the way this offense is looking.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,918
    15 runs yesterday. 5 runs through the first few innings so far today. I like the way this offense is looking.
    Scoring runs will not be a problem for the South Siders this year......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Yep, it's the pitching that really worries me. Hopefully Peavy can stay healthy once he comes back, but I'm not counting on it.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611

Yep, it's the pitching that really worries me. Hopefully Peavy can stay healthy once he comes back, but I'm not counting on it.

Ive been saying it for 3 years now. But Gavin Floyd WILL be in the Cy Young conversation this season...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    big comeback vs a nasty closer....can thorton close it out....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    nope
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Not yet 5 full games into the season, and its pretty obvious this bullpen has some issues...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Davidtrios wrote:
    i love Bobby. he's a white sox hero to me. they shouldve resigned him bc when healthy, he can be dominant.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    i love Bobby. he's a white sox hero to me. they shouldve resigned him bc when healthy, he can be dominant.

he blows. he would have given up two runs in the 9th for a loss.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Hahaha, agreed. The Jenks from 05-08 is a hero to all Sox fans. The Jenks of 09-10 was garbage. Blown nearly 20% of all save opps. Lost by the division by 6 games last year, how many BS did he have? Yeah, he had to go.

If anyone, should've kept Putz and put him in the closer role.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    cutting out the errors would help as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Happy opening day!

8-)
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Hahaha, agreed. The Jenks from 05-08 is a hero to all Sox fans. The Jenks of 09-10 was garbage. Blown nearly 20% of all save opps. Lost by the division by 6 games last year, how many BS did he have? Yeah, he had to go.

If anyone, should've kept Putz and put him in the closer role.

That sums it up perfectly. The Jenks of the past 2 years was not good...he couldn't keep his fat ass in shape which led to nagging injuries.

Not sure about Putz as the closer. Personally, I think they should go with Santos in the closer role and put Thornton back in that 8th inning role that he is so good at.
  • Options
    Jackson tearing it up. 10K's thru 5 innngs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

REALLY?
  • Options
    really....he was brutal the last two years, and he wasn't liked in the clubhouse. had to take off games to watch his kids because grandpa was sick. really? couldn't get a baby sitter? find a teammates wife to watch them? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    fucking brutal. thornton is a piece of dogshit
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    Davidtrios wrote:

well it doesn't help when Juan Pierre makes a sandwich of that fly ball there...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    phardinphardin Posts: 133
    this is a fucking joke. how many games are they going to give away this year.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    phardin wrote:
    this is a fucking joke. how many games are they going to give away this year.

a little less than the Mets with that five and dime bullpen they put together.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

well it doesn't help when Juan Pierre makes a sandwich of that fly ball there...

very catchable ball

should have been two outs, runner on third.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Sox should have NEVER even been in a position to have Pierre f* up.

FUCK YOU THORNTON! BRING BACK BOBBY!!

jenks-save.jpg
  • Options
    hmmm, you think Boston hired a full time baby sitter for bobby's kids?

hey coach, i won't be in today, i gotta watch the kids. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

C'mon, that's ridiculous. Did you not watch a single game last year? Thornton is catching way too much shit for this. The guy is the best 8th inning pitcher in baseball (remember who our All-Stars were last year??). Don't get me wrong, he deserves a hefty part of the blame, but he's been asked to perform out of his role. That's Ozzie's fault, who is off to horrible start this year, imo. Taking MB out last night was ridiculous. Unless Mark specifically said he can't go another inning, you leave him in. That's probably the best effort we'll get from him this year.

I've been at both home games that Thornton has blown the save. The one against the Rays, all 5 runs were unearned thanks to Alexi and Pierre errors. Tough to win games when you give a team 5 outs in the 9th. Last night was inexcusable, he didn't have it. But again, the run was unearned. His guys aren't backing him up.

The positive is that we still have great arms in the 'pen its just taking some time to figure out. And better to figure it out in April against the A's and not in July/August against the Twins, ala Jenks last year.

Off to da game, can't start 0-3!
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    His guys aren't backing him up.

can't drop that fly ball. should be 2 outs with a runner at second or third
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    His guys aren't backing him up.

can't drop that fly ball. should be 2 outs with a runner at second or third
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:

C'mon, that's ridiculous. Did you not watch a single game last year? Thornton is catching way too much shit for this. The guy is the best 8th inning pitcher in baseball (remember who our All-Stars were last year??). Don't get me wrong, he deserves a hefty part of the blame, but he's been asked to perform out of his role. That's Ozzie's fault, who is off to horrible start this year, imo. Taking MB out last night was ridiculous. Unless Mark specifically said he can't go another inning, you leave him in. That's probably the best effort we'll get from him this year.

I've been at both home games that Thornton has blown the save. The one against the Rays, all 5 runs were unearned thanks to Alexi and Pierre errors. Tough to win games when you give a team 5 outs in the 9th. Last night was inexcusable, he didn't have it. But again, the run was unearned. His guys aren't backing him up.

The positive is that we still have great arms in the 'pen its just taking some time to figure out. And better to figure it out in April against the A's and not in July/August against the Twins, ala Jenks last year.

Off to da game, can't start 0-3!

Thornton should be the 8th inning setup guy. He was prob the best setup man in all of baseball last year.

Make Santos the closer.

And Pierre needs to start catching fly fucking balls in the 9th inning!
  • Options
    phardinphardin Posts: 133
    ALEXI! Nice night by the bullpen