Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    there was baseball on last night :lol:

it's Buckeye football season at my house
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Fuck the Twinkies
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    thome is their mvp. plus, tonight- they have liriano vs bannister LOL! chalk up another one for the damn twins
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Davidtrios wrote:
    thome is their mvp. plus, tonight- they have liriano vs bannister LOL! chalk up another one for the damn twins

It has been pretty frustrating. Sox win 7 in a row and only pick up 1 game.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Who is this color guy, and what happened to hawk...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

It's Tom Paciorek (aka Wimpy). Former player and he was Hawk's color guy for all of the 90s. I guess Hawk has some family issues, and then Stone will also be out Wed-Fri, so the Big Hurt will be back in the booth. I like those guys, but I might have to hit up Farmer and DJ on The Score instead. Only problem is the radio is always a few seconds ahead of my tv...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    81 wrote:

It's Tom Paciorek (aka Wimpy). Former player and he was Hawk's color guy for all of the 90s. I guess Hawk has some family issues, and then Stone will also be out Wed-Fri, so the Big Hurt will be back in the booth. I like those guys, but I might have to hit up Farmer and DJ on The Score instead. Only problem is the radio is always a few seconds ahead of my tv...

i like stone as a color guy, as a play by play he is lacking

tom sounds out of place

DJ and Farmer are good tho. i know wgn does something so you can listen to the radio broadcast and watch the game on teh same time...although, they might only do this for road games. it'd be nice if the sox could d this for all games. hawk is the worst play by play guy in town.

that's going to be a brutal booth if tom and frank are in the booth later this week. frank is brutal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    even our broadcasters are going on the DL :?
  • Options
    unless the sox can sweep the twins, it's ovah
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

DJ and Farmer are good tho.

DJ and Farmer are good?!?!?!? I hope that is some sort of joke. Those 2 are complete fucking clowns. Getting rid of John Rooney after 2005 was a huge mistake. Farmer is usually busy talking about his playing days while DJ is busy giving you the wrong score and saying players names wrong. It's painful to listen to these two. I usually just follow the game on my phone when I'm driving instead of listening to the radio broadcast.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    unless the sox can sweep the twins, it's ovah

They should have paid Thome to sit the bench this year.. Or got him in on the hitting coach job. He's been brutal to the Sox chances of making the playoffs.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

DJ and Farmer are good tho.

DJ and Farmer are good?!?!?!? I hope that is some sort of joke. Those 2 are complete fucking clowns. Getting rid of John Rooney after 2005 was a huge mistake. Farmer is usually busy talking about his playing days while DJ is busy giving you the wrong score and saying players names wrong. It's painful to listen to these two. I usually just follow the game on my phone when I'm driving instead of listening to the radio broadcast.

I don't them when there is afternoon game. Imo, hawk is the worst play by play guy in the city in any sport.

Pat
    Len
    Dj
    Bulls guy
    Hawk

I don't watch the hawks or listen to any bears games on the radio so i can't rank them.

For color
    Brenley
    Stone
    Farmer
    King
    Ron

I could flip flop bob and steve depending on the day
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Stacy King is ranked too low on that list. He HAS to be 2nd best COLOR man EVER- 2nd to Sir Charles Barkley.

"If you scared, buy a dog!"
    "Mouse in the house!"
    "Get out the way Stewie!"
    "Don't do 'em like that!"
    "Get in the weight room!"
    "i dont know why he's shooting.. he couldnt score in an open gym with a ladder... "
    "If Brad Miller beats you to the bucket your team should fine you 100,000 dollars!"
    "He couldn't jump over a one dollar bill."
    "He got him again with the eye brow fake" (Referring to Brad Miller's shot fake and going 1 mph to the basket)
    "Million dollar move 10 cent shot"
  • Options
    i forgot about the radio crew for the Bulls. Wennington and what's his name. i almost never listen to them so i can't really judge.

King just goes back to the same old cliche's. maybe once a game he has something interesting to say when he not's clowning on Funk.

Charles is just as bad when he is actually working a game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Tom isn't too bad as a play by play. Frank sucks. Welcome to a sucky footbal season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Drifiting away,... Drifting away,... Drifting away...
    Drifiting away,... Drifting away,... Drifting away...
  • Options
    Well I think that just about does it. 6 GB with 22 to play, chasing a team that just doesn't lose, not good.

These last 2 months have been extremely frustrating. The bullpen was really the difference maker, amazing how quickly they did a 180 from the 1st half to the 2nd. They've had to of cost us at least 6 games, if not more.

Will be an interesting offseason with AJ and Pauly becoming free agents, as well as all the 1-year guys we have this year. The line-up could have a very different look next year. Unfortunately, we'll still have Teahan, unless we can trick someone into taking him off our hands...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    it's been over since the sox went on that losing streak that included baltimore.

injuries and lack of consitancy caught up with them, not to mention the first two months of the season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Well, thats about it for this season. At least we made a run and kept things interesting and played meaningful baseball for most of the summer. Should be interesting what Kenny does in the offseason. Jenks is all but gone and I wouldnt be surprised if Quentin was right behind him. And please for the love of god can we get a real fucking DH! This Kotsay/Jones bullshit was a complete mess.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Well, thats about it for this season. At least we made a run and kept things interesting and played meaningful baseball for most of the summer. Should be interesting what Kenny does in the offseason. Jenks is all but gone and I wouldnt be surprised if Quentin was right behind him. And please for the love of god can we get a real fucking DH! This Kotsay/Jones bullshit was a complete mess.

At least they payed Manny $4 mil for a bunch of singles.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

At least they payed Manny $4 mil for a bunch of singles.

haha. That too. It's not my money so I'm glad they did it. It was worth a shot to give this team a boosy heading into the final month, but didn't really matter since the Twins have been on fire pretty much since the all star break.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Maybe next year, oh wait that's what the Cubs say. At least this year they proved their name wrong. Compeletely Useless By September, it was more like May or June, maybe even April.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Kevinman wrote:
    Maybe next year, oh wait that's what the Cubs say. At least this year they proved their name wrong. Compeletely Useless By September, it was more like May or June, maybe even April.

completly useless before sprint training. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    How about them 2011 White Sox? :? 8-)

At least we had a season until September..
  • Options
    So why do Sox fans boo Joe Mauer every at bat? I've never heard that from any other teams fans (including Yankees).
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    So why do Sox fans boo Joe Mauer every at bat? I've never heard that from any other teams fans (including Yankees).

My guess would be b/c he's the best player on our biggest rival. Or maybe it's the cheesy sideburns. If anything, it's more of a compliment to Mauer. He's a Sox-killer.

While we're on the subject, I never understood why Twins fans boo Pierzynski so hard. The guy came up through the Twins organization, put in some solid seasons there (including the last ALCS year) and then netted them Nathan and Liriano in the Giants deal. Did he leave on a bitter note or something?
  • Options
    In the words of Teddy KGB from "Rounders" - "Hopes....crushed!"

Thanks for letting us rest our starters the rest of the way, White Sox. Gardy and the Twins OWN you! :lol:

ps- JIM THOME rules! :lol::lol:
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us rest our starters the rest of the way, White Sox. Gardy and the Twins OWN you! :lol:

ps- JIM THOME rules! :lol::lol:

Why would you rest your starters?? The Twins have a chance to catch the Yanks/Rays and possibly get home field. Darth was just saying in the Twins thread (you do know that exists, right?) that Gardy resting his players is a main reason the Twins keep flaming out in the ALDS. I guess if that's the case, you're welcome.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:

My guess would be b/c he's the best player on our biggest rival. Or maybe it's the cheesy sideburns. If anything, it's more of a compliment to Mauer. He's a Sox-killer.

While we're on the subject, I never understood why Twins fans boo Pierzynski so hard. The guy came up through the Twins organization, put in some solid seasons there (including the last ALCS year) and then netted them Nathan and Liriano in the Giants deal. Did he leave on a bitter note or something?

I've never understood AJ being booed either. He's never been great but he was critical in solidifying the catcher role for the Twins and bringing respectability and a winning attitude to the team in those resurgent 2001-2003 seasons. It makes a little more sense than Mauer being booed because at least AJ has a connection to the team.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul