Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Kevinman wrote:
    Easy, easy, easy............... I suspect this is just the start of a move to acquire Dunn. If that doesn't work, it was worth a try. The Sox are playing the best in all of baseball right now. Especially at home. I'm enjoying watching them right now.

With the Yanks getting Berkman, they have much less competition for Dunn.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:
    Easy, easy, easy............... I suspect this is just the start of a move to acquire Dunn. If that doesn't work, it was worth a try. The Sox are playing the best in all of baseball right now. Especially at home. I'm enjoying watching them right now.

With the Yanks getting Berkman, they have much less competition for Dunn.

That's good news.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    Id be very surprised if the Sox still went for Dunn. I think Kennys talking to the Nats trying to make a counter offer that will lower his asking price just a little bit, and will let us keep Jackson. Lets just hope hes not moving Beckham or someone that we will definitely need. I also heard were inquiring about Brett Myers as well. Id trade Jones and Teahen for Brett Myers if we traded Jackson for Dunn. My heads spinning right now in anticipation with what the next move will be.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Id be very surprised if the Sox still went for Dunn. I think Kennys talking to the Nats trying to make a counter offer that will lower his asking price just a little bit, and will let us keep Jackson. Lets just hope hes not moving Beckham or someone that we will definitely need. I also heard were inquiring about Brett Myers as well. Id trade Jones and Teahen for Brett Myers if we traded Jackson for Dunn. My heads spinning right now in anticipation with what the next move will be.

I'm pretty sure Beckham is safe.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Shits gonna get crazy tomorrow....
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Another win.. Minnesota ain't far behind, but the Sox seem to be holding onto the groove.
  • Options
    Another win.. Minnesota ain't far behind, but the Sox seem to be holding onto the groove.
    At home at least, this 4 game series with a doubleheader will definitely be interesting in Detroit this week.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Going to the game tonight- Braden vs Danks. Should be a tough matchup.

Anyone catch the Cubs highlights last night. The Cubs gave up 12 runs in 1 inning with 2 outs. Surprising? Not really. Hilarious? Absolutely!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Manny?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Manny?
    They want Vicideo, I'd say hell no. But this is Kenny Williams were talking about.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Still kicking ass, but Minnesota is still on our ass.. something tells me this is going to come down the wire towards the end.. It would be nice to have more cushion.
  • Options
    The twins face the Rays next series so the sox have a chance to gain ground as they play the scuffling tigers for 4.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    Detroit has been struggling and then we get to play the pathetic Orioles. Hoping for a big week here...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    better save some runs for the second game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    better save some runs for the second game
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Did I hear that the score is 12-1 good guys? Are we playing the Cubs?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i told you to save some runs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Edwin Jackson era has begun. Hoping he can turn his season around down the stretch here...
  • Options
    He looked awesome tonight, Cooper did a nice job controlling his ball count, unfortunately he was pitching a lot around the plate so he gave up a lot of hits. Id give him a few more starts and he'll find his balance.
  • Options
    He looked awesome tonight, Cooper did a nice job controlling his ball count, unfortunately he was pitching a lot around the plate so he gave up a lot of hits. Id give him a few more starts and he'll find his balance.

You nailed it. He was pretty solid despite the hits. He was scared of Ozzie's threat. Yanked after Cabrera. BTW, I hate the Twins more than the Yankees. Thats bad...
  • Options

You nailed it. He was pretty solid despite the hits. He was scared of Ozzie's threat. Yanked after Cabrera. BTW, I hate the Twins more than the Yankees. Thats bad...

Very nice start for Jackson. That was really encouraging.

Jammer, I hate the Twins more than any team in all of sports. Even the Packers.
  • Options
    FUCKEN BOBBY :evil:
  • Options
    achilles heel...

that sucked.....for my fantasy team
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    achilles heel...

You have Jenks on your fantasy team????
  • Options
    I LOVE Ozzie but Im convinced he has a slight case of the Downs... Lose this fat fucking pig!!! After this blowup, Jenks HAS to be done right?!?!??
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    achilles heel...

You have Jenks on your fantasy team????

bottom of the barrel closer pickup. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you Kotsay.
  • Options
    Thank you Kotsay.

It's about time Kotsay did something. Ozzie has been blowing him all year and he hasn't done shit. Nice to see him make a difference finally.
  • Options
    he's been hitting the ball hard- tough luck hitter. but he's an asset bc he can play many positions
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    he's been hitting the ball hard- tough luck hitter. but he's an asset bc he can play many positions

The whole "tough luck" hitter thing is getting a little old. It's August 5th...he's hitting .220 for a reason. But, he had a hell of a game today!