Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Sucks that we had to miss Jackson's start (fuckin Joe West ;) ). They have to play 3 games in under 20 hours. Will be very interesting. 4 and 1/2 back with 40+ games left, including 3 head-head against the Tinks. Far from over, but they definitely need to step it up. Otherwise, we'll have to watch the Tinks get beat down in the ALDS for the 5th time this decade...

Why they started that game last night is a mystery to me. Now it has completely fucked up our rotation. Should be interesting to see who starts game 2 tonight. It didn't sound like they were going to bring back Jackson. That's too bad since he's been pitching well since the Sox traded for him.

not sure why Jackson couldn't got hte next day. it's not like he didn't throw 140+ pitches during his no hitter
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I think were gonna get Manny off waivers...

i hope he doesn't come to town. the one bright side is, they have plenty of other outfielders, so we wouldn't have to watch him in left
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    81 wrote:

i hope he doesn't come to town. the one bright side is, they have plenty of other outfielders, so we wouldn't have to watch him in left

I hope Manny comes to town....the Sox need something to get them goin here...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I hope Manny comes to town....the Sox need something to get them goin here...

while i won't argue the fact that they need a solid DH, i'm not sure i would want manny in my locker room. there has to be some other over priced old slugger on the market in the last year of his contract that would be a better fit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I knew something was up with Putz and Thornton's health when they started sucking. It's time for Big Bobby to step up.
  • Options
    Big series with the Yanks in town this weekend. Will Manny be apart of this team before the weekend is over???
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    What the hell.. they can't beat the Orioles, but they are pounding the Yankees?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Big series with the Yanks in town this weekend. Will Manny be apart of this team before the weekend is over???
    Looks like it.

I've never liked Manny. We need closers. Not has been, roid users.
  • Options
    Here is a little trivia......when the sox hit a hr and hawks saya all homers get a donation in loving memory of some dudes wife, well that dude won the lottery.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    alex snellius is a lottery winner?
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    alex snellius is a lottery winner?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2626 ... 23.article
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    it happens too often that lottery winners go broke. sad.
  • Options
    didn't sound like he was all that broke. dude has 4000 sq foot home and is able to donate 100 per hr, which thru yesterday would be $14,600.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    either way, he sounds like a generous person

great matchup tonight- danks/sabathia. when CC was on the tribe, i think the sox handled him pretty well. but that was years ago. let's hope for a 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Frank Thomas is the man.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Frank Thomas is the man.

except as the analysis on the tv broadcast. he sucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    this team is giving me a heart condition
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    This bullpen is atrocious. Hopefully Thornton comes back healthy on Wednesday, and Putz can regain his early season form. Sale is really the only good thing we got back there now, but his youth makes him hard to trust. It's gotta be affecting the rest of the team's psyche though. No lead is ever enough, that's gotta be wearing on the rest of the guys.

I think Manny will provide a good spark, but the bullpen needs to improve if the Sox are going to make the postseason. Not sure why Kenny didn't go after Fuentes, or at least block the Twinks from getting him. Still, love the fact that him and Reinsdorf are willing to spend $$ to constantly improve the team.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    So is Manny going to DH?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    So is Manny going to DH?

Ozzie said he will mainly DH and possibly play some LF is Pierre needs a day off or he can DH that game. I pray that Manny doesn't see the field...let him focus on hitting.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    mca47 wrote:
    So is Manny going to DH?

Ozzie said he will mainly DH and possibly play some LF is Pierre needs a day off or he can DH that game. I pray that Manny doesn't see the field...let him focus on hitting.

Yeah, for a team pushing for the playoffs having Manny do anything other than hitting could cost ya' a game or two.
    That guy is a defensive blooper reel.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    This bullpen is atrocious. Hopefully Thornton comes back healthy on Wednesday, and Putz can regain his early season form. Sale is really the only good thing we got back there now, but his youth makes him hard to trust. It's gotta be affecting the rest of the team's psyche though. No lead is ever enough, that's gotta be wearing on the rest of the guys.

I think Manny will provide a good spark, but the bullpen needs to improve if the Sox are going to make the postseason. Not sure why Kenny didn't go after Fuentes, or at least block the Twinks from getting him. Still, love the fact that him and Reinsdorf are willing to spend $$ to constantly improve the team.

Kinda sad that our most reliable guy in the bullpen right now is a 21 year old who was pitching in college 3 months ago. But hopefully Thornton and Putz can come back and anchor this bullpen the last 3-4 weeks like they did most of the season before they got hurt.
  • Options
    Manny being Manny.....

And what it means to the 2010 White Sox.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38wx8C7VmB4
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    My buddy (cubs fan) wants to go to a game in a lab coat and a giant sized syringe. I say- come on down, they can use some attendence. a
  • Options
    Manny being Manny.....

And what it means to the 2010 White Sox.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38wx8C7VmB4

LOL. Good one Speedy. It may not work, but I'm glad they did something.
  • Options
    Manny's prescence is already felt. In back-to-back games, the pitchers have given up 3-run homers with him on deck. They are to scared to face him, so they go after the hitter. And they got burned!
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Manny's prescence is already felt. In back-to-back games, the pitchers have given up 3-run homers with him on deck. They are to scared to face him, so they go after the hitter. And they got burned!

That 3-4-5 of Rios, Konerko and Manny is goin to be really tough for opposing pitchers.

Nice win today....they needed a sweep and they got one. Let's keep it going in Boston!
  • Options
    we're running out of games :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqeSUAlI5uI
  • Options
    Running down a dream....

the good thing is, they have 3 more games at the cell vs. MN and outside of the 7 games agaist boston you have 7 agaist detroit, and 3 each vs oakland, KC, and LA who are just playing hte season out, although the last 4 for Boston might not mean anything for those guys.

on the down side, MN only has two tough sereis left (TX & Chicago) they play the indians 6, kc 6 and oakland and detroit 3 times each, and then a make up date vs. toronto.

i would say, chicago has it's work cut out for them. they have to dominate MN next week to have a chance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    anyone stay up late to watch the exciting Tigers/Twins finish online? twins were up 7-2, the tied at 8-8 going into extra. Tigers take the lead in the 11th and twins tie it up...then laird hit a shot in the 13th to seal the deal for the shaky valverde.

fucken twins dont give up but I'm glad detroit salvaged a game!
    Post edited by davidtrios on