Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    Nice to beat King Felix last night. Now let's sweep this garbage team...
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Glavine Floyd on the bump- should be a chicken dinner tonight!
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Davidtrios wrote:

I honestly thought (and woulda bet huge money on it) Gavin woulda contended for the Cy Young this year. Cool, calm, collected, and NASTY. He just got off to a slooowwwww start. GO PALE HOSE!!!
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

Good call. Floyd has been straight up nasty the last 9 starts.

Let's keep it going tonight Buehrle...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mark didn't have it last night but the pen kept it on lockdown and gave the offense a chance. It makes me laugh when Cubs fans ask, "Who have you played?" when they've lost all 4 series to the 5th place
    Astros and several games to the scary Pirates.
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Mark didn't have it last night but the pen kept it on lockdown and gave the offense a chance.
    It makes me laugh when Cubs fans ask, "Who have you played?" when they've lost all 4 series to the 5th place

they have lost every series to the pirates. :lol:

really, the pirates..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Mark didn't have it last night but the pen kept it on lockdown and gave the offense a chance. It makes me laugh when Cubs fans ask, "Who have you played?" when they've lost all 4 series to the 5th place

Great comeback last night. Man, how bad are the Mariners?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,622
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dunno...it should be interesting to see what happens here.
  • Options
    Sounds like they are in on Brett Myers now too.
  • Options
    Ed Price says it's Berkman, maybe Williams is trying to pull a deal for Myers and Berkman. Either way, the White Sox landing Berkman would increase the Yanks chance at landing Dunn (although it is an extreme longshot)
  • Options
    You guys have Edwin Jackson...for the moment.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It would be nice to have Dunn, but I think we already have enough hitters. I'd like to see another good pitcher.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

curious:
    are you a yanks and sox fan
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

curious:

I am not, I am just a Yankees fan. Just love baseball, especially the trade deadline. I could talk about this stuff all day.

What do you think about trading Hudson? They wouldn't include him for Peavy last year, right?
  • Options
    I wish the trade deadline was 3 pm today! I dont think I can take another day of all the rumors, blogs, bullshit, etc...
  • Options
    I wish the trade deadline was 3 pm today! I dont think I can take another day of all the rumors, blogs, bullshit, etc...

I know, it's crazy. I bet you guys will be done today though. Sounds like Williams is pretty active at the moment.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

curious:

I am not, I am just a Yankees fan. Just love baseball, especially the trade deadline. I could talk about this stuff all day.

What do you think about trading Hudson? They wouldn't include him for Peavy last year, right?

I know he is young but he can't find the plate in the majors. I personally could care less for 'iffy' prospects and love that Ken Williams will trade them for proven players. Edwin is an average pitcher who wont hurt the Sox chances like Hudson will.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I know he is young but he can't find the plate in the majors. I personally could care less for 'iffy' prospects and love that Ken Williams will trade them for proven players. Edwin is an average pitcher who wont hurt the Sox chances like Hudson will.

Yeah, his numbers are pretty brutal this year, albeit in a rather small sample size. I don't know much about him besides that though. Will be interesting to see if they flip Jackson to the Nationals now.
  • Options
    I hear the Nats want Jackson- I wonder if the Sox will Flip Edwin for Dunn?

tough call but id rather have the arm than the bat
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I hear the Nats want Jackson- I wonder if the Sox will Flip Edwin for Dunn?

tough call but id rather have the arm than the bat

I don't know. I think you guys need a big bat. I think Dunn will bring more to the table here on out than Jackson. Just my opinion. That said, I would rather have you keep Jackson since I would love to see the Yanks get Dunn but I bet they will be flipped.
  • Options
    Dunn is a beast- great Power and OPS.

someone said this, "5.16 in the NL is a 6.00 in the AL, 6.50 in the Cell" about jackson on FB. scary thought
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    I think it's a decent move. Not a great one, but not terrible. Sox are in the middle of a pennant race, and Jackson will help more than Hudson would've this year. Don't like the 5+ ERA, but he had a good year with Detroit last year, so he's shown he can pitch in the AL Central. Sounds like they aren't done yet though, so who knows.

Still, at some point I feel like Kenny needs to let one of his top young arms pan-out. Richard, Poreda, Ely, Link, now Hudson, all gone in just this past year (there's many more examples from previous years) for "immediate" help. I just don't want these to come back and bite us in the ass..
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    I think it's a decent move. Not a great one, but not terrible. Sox are in the middle of a pennant race, and Jackson will help more than Hudson would've this year. Don't like the 5+ ERA, but he had a good year with Detroit last year, so he's shown he can pitch in the AL Central. Sounds like they aren't done yet though, so who knows.

Still, at some point I feel like Kenny needs to let one of his top young arms pan-out. Richard, Poreda, Ely, Link, now Hudson, all gone in just this past year (there's many more examples from previous years) for "immediate" help. I just don't want these to come back and bite us in the ass..

which of those have become big producers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:

which of those have become big producers

Well we haven't had a lot of time to fairly judge any of them, but there's some pretty strong talent in just those 5 pitchers mentioned. Clayton Richard will probably be the best of the bunch (having a solid year for a 1st place team), and Ely showed some promise for a little while with the Dodgers before being sent back down.

Don't get me wrong, Kenny is a helluva GM, and most of his moves have worked in the Sox favor. And I'm fine with spending prospects to upgrade the current MLB roster. All I'm saying is he seems to be spending his top pitching prospects a lot more recently (forgot to mention the Swisher deal with Oakland, Gio Gonzalez is having a decent year), and it makes me a little nervous for the future. But he's gotten the results, so I can't really argue that.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    I'll be pretty disappointed if Jackson doesn't turn into a big bat. To trade your top pitching prospect in Hudson for a guy who is 6-10 with an ERA over 5 in the NL doesnt seem like a great move. I don't really see how that makes this team any better.

People are ripping Hudson on this thread, but the guy has had what? less than 10 MLB starts? This is a guy who started last season in low A ball and made it all the way up to the majors by the end of the year.
  • Options
    I'll be pretty disappointed if Jackson doesn't turn into a big bat. To trade your top pitching prospect in Hudson for a guy who is 6-10 with an ERA over 5 in the NL doesnt seem like a great move. I don't really see how that makes this team any better.

People are ripping Hudson on this thread, but the guy has had what? less than 10 MLB starts? This is a guy who started last season in low A ball and made it all the way up to the majors by the end of the year.

I think it eases the stress on the rest of the starters, and will also help the bullpen since Jackson will eat innings. But yeah, it really only helps for the next 2-3 months, if that, and nothing longer. But with a 1.5 game lead, any help is good.

But I agree with you about Hudson. Guy's had 5 total major league starts in his career. It's impossible to judge him at this point. I'm really seeing the good and bad in this move as it stands now. Helpfully it's just a spring board to bigger moves.
  • Options

yeah, but is it a hic cup or a trend? look at his stats for the 3 years before that and his era was headed down each year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

I didn't realize Hudson's numbers were that bad this year until I looked them up but yeah, as I mentioned it is such a small sample size. He is a guy they wouldn't inculde for Peavy last year so it does seem kind of strange they soured on him that quickly.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Easy, easy, easy............... I suspect this is just the start of a move to acquire Dunn. If that doesn't work, it was worth a try. The Sox are playing the best in all of baseball right now. Especially at home. I'm enjoying watching them right now.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley