Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,614
    You folks are pressing to get Fielder. What you think? Any chance it happens?
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dont think we NEED anyone. But Id take Prince... Just for half season? Why not.
  • Options
    Am I the only one whos stomach turns upside down when Jenks comes in? Even with a 3 run lead?

My stomach does flip flops too when he comes it... But that is only because I luuuuuurve Bobby! :lol:

:lol: Hes a pig. Literally...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,754
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dunno. I would love it, obviously. But the Sox would have to give up a shitload to get them and I dont think they want to drain their minor league talent right now....
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    They want Viciedo and Hudson and the Sox can't afford to trade Hudson away bc he is filling in for Peavy for the rest of the year.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dunno. I would love it, obviously. But the Sox would have to give up a shitload to get them and I dont think they want to drain their minor league talent right now....

Yeah, its going to take a lot and from what I read on MLBTR the Brewers dont really like Hudson and are askign for Beckham. Highly doubt that would happen, even with his regression.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited July 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dont think we NEED anyone. But Id take Prince... Just for half season? Why not.

is this a new rumor? i'd been hearing Dunn Dunn Dunn.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

is this a new rumor? i'd been hearing Dunn Dunn Dunn.

isn't fielder signed thru the end of next season?

must do some digging

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/w ... elder.html
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I saw that too. Kinda surprised since I just read a day ago that they had no interest in him and were pressing for Dunn.

Kenny Williams is never shy on pulling the trigger on a big move. I see the good and bad in this one. I don't see Kenny wanting to work with a big-name Boras client again, especially if he's gonna try and get a Ryan Howard type deal in 2012. But if they can get away with just giving up Hudson and some prospects, then I'm ok with it. If anyone else on the major league roster is included (think: Gordon Beckham) then I don't think it's worth it, especially if Prince bolts for big $$$ after just a season and a half. Then again, Paulie is a FA at the end of this year, so who knows, maybe they'll lock him up.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I saw that too. Kinda surprised since I just read a day ago that they had no interest in him and were pressing for Dunn.

Kenny Williams is never shy on pulling the trigger on a big move. I see the good and bad in this one. I don't see Kenny wanting to work with a big-name Boras client again, especially if he's gonna try and get a Ryan Howard type deal in 2012. But if they can get away with just giving up Hudson and some prospects, then I'm ok with it. If anyone else on the major league roster is included (think: Gordon Beckham) then I don't think it's worth it, especially if Prince bolts for big $$$ after just a season and a half. Then again, Paulie is a FA at the end of this year, so who knows, maybe they'll lock him up.

Again? What happened with Kenny and Boras? I don't recall. Yeah, I mean it could be great but I wouldn't give up too much, like you said, basically Beckham.

Things have probably changed because Rizzo is being stupid about Dunn and askign for a crazy package.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Again? What happened with Kenny and Boras? I don't recall. Yeah, I mean it could be great but I wouldn't give up too much, like you said, basically Beckham.

Things have probably changed because Rizzo is being stupid about Dunn and askign for a crazy package.

They've just never gotten along. I think there was a big dispute over Crede, and Kenny basically said he will refuse to negotiate with him.

Yeah, Rizzo is asking for an absurd amount for Dunn. But I don't want to see Beckham leave. Period. He's coming around, and he's gonna be a stud.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    They've just never gotten along. I think there was a big dispute over Crede, and Kenny basically said he will refuse to negotiate with him.

Yeah, Rizzo is asking for an absurd amount for Dunn. But I don't want to see Beckham leave. Period. He's coming around, and he's gonna be a stud.

Beckham wont be dealt. KW made that apparent.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:

haha, go figure, Kenny Williams does not get along with someone. Kidding...

I hear you on Beckham, can't give up on a kid that young after a bad half.
  • Options
    I see Kenny going after another waiver pick-up, a la Rios of last year.
  • Options
    I just dont think we need another bat. Runs have been scarce the past couple of seasons but we are CAPABLE for sure. Pitching? Even with Peavy gone we are pretty stout. Bullpen is pretty. Cant expect Freddy to keep up but Hudson can get better... We dont need SHIT!!!! Im lovin' this team! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Thanks again, Jenks. :?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hey, don't be talking shit about Rizzo! He's a Chicago guy and he's a family friend...really great guy. But yeah, he is asking for a shitload for Dunn.
  • Options
    Fuck you Bobby Jenks. I really hope they're trying to trade this guy right now....although the past few days prob hasn't helped his trade value much.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    who is capable of an 88% career save percentage? Plus, the guy is still in his prime.

He's no where near the level he was at in 2006 or 2007. His ERA and WHIP are horrible for a closer on a 1st place team. He's lost his gas, and I'm pretty sure we could all hit his change-up right now. Closers, and bullpen pitchers overall, come and go. Dustin Hermanson had 34 saves in 2005 before Bobby took over in the playoffs. Neal Cotts and Cliff Politte aren't even in the league anymore. Remember Shingo? Or Billy Koch? This shit happens, and the Sox need to stay proactive if they want to keep this division lead. Jenks will always be special for being on the mound for the final out in 05, but I'm just being realistic. 1 and 1/2 game lead and we still have to play the Tigers 14 more times and the Twins 9.

The reason Rivera is the best of all time is b/c he did that over 15 years, not 3. And what about Putz? He had like 75 saves in 2 years with Seattle not too long ago.

Hate to say I told you so...

Whether it's his mechanics or his confidence, he's clearly rattled and cannot be trusted at the moment. He alone gave up a game in the division race last night. That cannot happen. I dunno what you do with him besides try for a trade, but yeah, not sure of his trade value at the moment.

I say give Putz a shot at the next save opp. He's been solid all year and has closer experience.
  • Options
    In Bobby's sequence to the last better he only threw fastballs and sliders- no curveballs. I think he may be concealing an elbow injury but who knows what his deal is. Ozzie annouced closer by comittee so it should be Putz when righties are up and Thornton went the lefties are coming. Personally, I trust J.J more bc of his prior experience as a closer. Matt was selected as an All-Star but has been a little shaky. So far, the Sox are 3-4 on this road trip when they should be 5-2 but we're still 2.5 games up.

I think Oakland has been playing well lately so it might be a challenge for the good guys this weekend
  • Options

Hey, don't be talking shit about Rizzo! He's a Chicago guy and he's a family friend...really great guy. But yeah, he is asking for a shitload for Dunn.

If he is a family friend get him on the horn and tell him to give Brian Cashman a call. The Yanks could use a DH.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

If he is a family friend get him on the horn and tell him to give Brian Cashman a call. The Yanks could use a DH.

HA...my dad and my uncle have been calling him to get him to ease up on his demands for Adam Dunn. I think your Yankees will be just fine...
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    In Bobby's sequence to the last better he only threw fastballs and sliders- no curveballs. I think he may be concealing an elbow injury but who knows what his deal is. Ozzie annouced closer by comittee so it should be Putz when righties are up and Thornton went the lefties are coming. Personally, I trust J.J more bc of his prior experience as a closer. Matt was selected as an All-Star but has been a little shaky. So far, the Sox are 3-4 on this road trip when they should be 5-2 but we're still 2.5 games up.

I think Oakland has been playing well lately so it might be a challenge for the good guys this weekend

That's a great move by Ozzie. There is too much other talent in that bullpen with Putz, Thornton and Santos to continue to put Jenks out there at this point.

Those 2 losses by Jenks have been fucking terrible. We should be up 4 games on the Twins, not 2.5.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA...my dad and my uncle have been calling him to get him to ease up on his demands for Adam Dunn. I think your Yankees will be just fine...

haha, that is very cool.

His asking price is pretty crazy, especially since it looks like they might not be able to sign him. Yeah, I am not worried about the Yanks, although they may have a few small holes to fill.
  • Options
    forget fielder or dunn. hudson cant throw strikes and they need to aquire an arm.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i still blame LikaanOcean for giving the Sox bad mojo in the Twins thread :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    bad mojo or not, i think each team has an equal chance at the division bc of major injuries to them:

Mags- broken ankle
    Morneau- concussion
    Peavy- shoulder
  • Options
    If Peavy wasn't done for the year, I would absolutely say they should go after another bat. But right now, they need pitching, and especially can't afford to move Hudson unless another arm is coming back. And Freddy has topped the 100 inning mark for the first time since 06, so we'll have to see how he holds up over the next 2 months.

This is an important homestand. Need to get back on track.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    If Peavy wasn't done for the year, I would absolutely say they should go after another bat. But right now, they need pitching, and especially can't afford to move Hudson unless another arm is coming back. And Freddy has topped the 100 inning mark for the first time since 06, so we'll have to see how he holds up over the next 2 months.

This is an important homestand. Need to get back on track.

Huge homestand here. I'm expecting 5-2.
  • Options
    i'm working on something big for you Sox fans. :mrgreen:

the abillity to buy tickets on stub hub and instead of printing, you could use your cell phone. last minute tickets are the cheapest. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg