Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    They had 5 errors and still won. I love it. Sweaty Freddy changed speeds masterfully and they're in second place. Things are looking up despite the loss of Peavy.
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Things are looking up despite the loss of Peavy.

I'm not sure if I'm just in denial about it, but I'm not completely gutted over losing him. I'm pissed that we traded some great young pitchers for him in the first place, and he hasn't been able to stay healthy. But his performance has really been sub-par as well. Up until June, I think he was 4-4 with a 6+ ERA. Now, he has lowered the ERA since, and picked up some W's, but that was all against the cubs, nats, royals and indians (and he got L's against the last two). I'm thinking we'll be ok for a little while, but this will come back and bite us down the stretch in Sept., when Freddy will be running outta gas and Hudson will be going every 5th day.

At least it happened now, and not in late August. Maybe Kenny can come up with something before the trade deadline.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    fast game today

if you like pitchers duals.....this game was for you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    As of this afternoon, half a game back!
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Things are looking up despite the loss of Peavy.

I'm not sure if I'm just in denial about it, but I'm not completely gutted over losing him. I'm pissed that we traded some great young pitchers for him in the first place, and he hasn't been able to stay healthy. But his performance has really been sub-par as well. Up until June, I think he was 4-4 with a 6+ ERA. Now, he has lowered the ERA since, and picked up some W's, but that was all against the cubs, nats, royals and indians (and he got L's against the last two). I'm thinking we'll be ok for a little while, but this will come back and bite us down the stretch in Sept., when Freddy will be running outta gas and Hudson will be going every 5th day.

At least it happened now, and not in late August. Maybe Kenny can come up with something before the trade deadline.

i'm not completely devasted either. we have 4 solid starters going right now and hudson was ready for the mlb anyhow
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Even though they won Sunday, BLOW THIS TEAM UP!

Trade Konerko, Jenks, Buehrle while they have a little value!

i take it back!
  • Options
    going for 7 in a row tonight! cant wait to be there.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Davidtrios wrote:
    going for 7 in a row tonight! cant wait to be there.

7 in a row it is! Nice game you got to see. Let's make it 8 tonight..
  • Options
    Just announced that Konerko will replace Morneau on the All-Star team. Yeeeesssss!

Congrats to Paulie. Much deserved!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Where did that rain come from. Weather is perfect out here
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Oh golly, we're hot today! I'm lovin this right now. Win tomorrow, and at worst we're .5 game out, or possibly have the division lead. At the break. In the words of Hawk, YYYYEEEESSSS!
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Just announced that Konerko will replace Morneau on the All-Star team. Yeeeesssss!

Congrats to Paulie. Much deserved!

The crowd gave a roaring, warm ovation when Gene Honda announced the news that Paulie was in. Great atmosphere. Sox are rolling. I hope the All Star break doesn't impede their progress.
  • Options
    Looking to take 1st place this afternoon!

Never thought I'd say it, but GO TWINS!!! :D
  • Options
    1st place!
  • Options
    Before the season, I feel like we all expected them to compete for the division. Just never expected them to take the road they have. Hopefully the break doesn't cool them off...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I would like to personally apologize to The White Sox, and the fans. Every game I have attended this year have resulted in a White Sox loss. There is no way our team being this hot lost to the f*ing Cubs yesterday. I believe the problem is me.

I will be attending again on the 10th. Sorry in advance.

Woohoo! I'm not a jinx! Great game.
  • Options
    what a crazy first half. just 6 weeks ago, it was all doom and gloom, lets trade the entire team and today they are in first place. will all star break hurt momentum?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    what a crazy first half. just 6 weeks ago, it was all doom and gloom, lets trade the entire team and today they are in first place. will all star break hurt momentum?

It's funny how quickly things can change.

I hope the all star break doesnt hurt the momentum, but it certainly wont help it. Talk about some bad timing.
  • Options
    anyone else going through baseball withdrawal?
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

this is the worst week of the year for sports fans. it sucks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

this is the worst week of the year for sports fans. it sucks.

!!!!!! Fuck the all star break. I actually used to like it alot, but we already know the outcome. Bring on the second half already...
  • Options

!!!!!! Fuck the all star break. I actually used to like it alot, but we already know the outcome. Bring on the second half already...

gonna be a brutal game tonight. it'll be all goerge, all the time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Thornton and Paulie couldn't get it done last night. Oh well, the White Sox are a good road team ; )
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    81 wrote:

Second half schedule looks brutal. Just gotta play above .500 ball against the Twinkies and Tigers to have a good shot at the division title.
  • Options
    tough way to start with MN and than having to fly to the west coast. Oakland and Seattle shouldn't be to bad in theory, but as the one guy in the office always says, they can't win in Oakland, much like they couldn't win in the dome.

plus the 4 days off isn't good. i'd say it would benifit the twins more, since they were playing like crap before the break.

we'll see.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    tough way to start with MN and than having to fly to the west coast. Oakland and Seattle shouldn't be to bad in theory, but as the one guy in the office always says, they can't win in Oakland, much like they couldn't win in the dome.

plus the 4 days off isn't good. i'd say it would benifit the twins more, since they were playing like crap before the break.

we'll see.

Talk about some shitty timing for the all star game followed by a 10 game road trip with 6 of them out West. I'd be really happy with a 6-4 trip coming up here.
  • Options
    2nd Half Expectations:

It's going to be impossible playing .833 ball the rest of the way but i expect this team to win 60% of their remaining schedule. I just hope we get a lot of series wins vs the Twins and Tigers. NYY and BOS can sweep us for all i care! Once we make the playoffs, you never know!
  • Options
    Good win today!

50th win. Can we get 100 wins this season?

I hope so.
  • Options
    Ozzie Guillen for President.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Ozzie Guillen for President.
    Ozzie represents "change". :lol:

I rang him out once working at a grocery store in high school. He is really 7 feet tall and shoots lightning bolts out of his arse. 8-)