The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Babe Rizzo starts tonight. Who is being looked at as more of a savior? Rizzo or Theo?
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Babe Rizzo starts tonight. Who is being looked at as more of a savior? Rizzo or Theo?

It is absolutely ridiculous the pressure they are putting on this kid. One player is not going to save this team.
    I lost a bet...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

It is absolutely ridiculous the pressure they are putting on this kid. One player is not going to save this team.

Yeah, it's pretty out of hand. I can't even handle listening to sports radio this week...it's getting way out of hand.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,104
    cubshelmet.jpg
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872

Yeah, it's pretty out of hand. I can't even handle listening to sports radio this week...it's getting way out of hand.
    surely this is only coming from the outside. How does this guy come across in interviews? Any humility? If he has a sense of humility , he should eb able to keep things in perspective.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    My Rizzo prediction for this season

60 HR's
    200 RBI's
    175 Runs
    14 SB

and....

a Cy Young award
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

60 HR's
    200 RBI's
    175 Runs
    14 SB

and....

a Cy Young award

I think that is a little low...he'll at least hit 75 HRs. :roll: :lol: i feel bad for this kid...too much build up that nobody could live up to.
    I lost a bet...
    81 wrote:

60 HR's
    200 RBI's
    175 Runs
    14 SB

and....

a Cy Young award

I think that is a little low...he'll at least hit 75 HRs. :roll: :lol: i feel bad for this kid...too much build up that nobody could live up to.

i don't think it's so much build up, as they cubs fans have nothing better to discuss.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    cubs are batting babe rizzo 3rd. no pressure at all from the worst orgnazation of all time!! :lol:
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    If he hits anything like Castro and makes 1/2 the errors Castro makes, we have a nucleus.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    davidtrios wrote:
    cubs are batting babe rizzo 3rd. no pressure at all from the worst orgnazation of all time!! :lol:

Far from the worst organization of all time.
    davidtrios wrote:

Far from the worst organization of all time.
    Hmmm?

Expos?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Ist inning last night for Mr. Carlos Zambrano! WOOO HOOO!!!!!!

Carlos Zambrano pitching for Miami

STL

MIA

R Furcal singled to center.

J Jay struck out swinging.

M Holliday grounded into fielder's choice to catcher, R Furcal safe at third on error by pitcher C Zambrano.

C Beltran singled to center, R Furcal scored, M Holliday to second.

A Craig grounded into fielder's choice to left, M Holliday scored on error by shortstop J Reyes, C Beltran safe at second on error by shortstop J Reyes.

Y Molina homered to left (399 feet), C Beltran and A Craig scored.

S Schumaker doubled to deep right center.

D Descalso lined into double play, left to second, S Schumaker doubled off second.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Zambrano needs to only pitch in the months of april/may and september

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

He started the nonsense last night with his own error.
    Then it just got ugly...

He gave up 5 runs in the 1st.
    All unearned.
    He actually lowered his ERA. last night.

Ozzie must be losing his mind in Miami these days.
    81 wrote:

He started the nonsense last night with his own error.
    Then it just got ugly...

He gave up 5 runs in the 1st.
    All unearned.
    He actually lowered his ERA. last night.

Ozzie must be losing his mind in Miami these days.

shoud a pitcher's own error result in runs being unearned?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    So, game winning hit?
    81 wrote:

shoud a pitcher's own error result in runs being unearned?
    You read my mind.
    I was hoping you were going to go there.

He gives up 2 singles, commits an error, and then gives up a 3 run Dinger.
    And those runs are unearned?

Not buying it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So, game winning hit?

from a technical perspecitve. not sure a 4th inning hit counts as a cluch game winning hit. you would think that has to happen in the 7th or later inning. maybe even 8 or 9 is needed to qualify
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So, game winning hit?

from a technical perspecitve. not sure a 4th inning hit counts as a cluch game winning hit. you would think that has to happen in the 7th or later inning. maybe even 8 or 9 is needed to qualify

Did realize it was that early. Just saw he put them ahead for good. 2-4 is a good first game though.
    Zambrano wont win 10 games this year...
    And I am willing to bet $1..
    He will NEVER hit 10 wins in a season, for the rest of his miserable career.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So, game winning hit?

Did realize it was that early. Just saw he put them ahead for good. 2-4 is a good first game though.

i agree. solid start. he looked comfortable.

he has an odd stance in the box tho. looks like he is waiting on the train. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So, game winning hit?

cliff asked game winning. You insert CLUTCH. doesnt matter. His hit put them up for good was stated earlier. Therefore that WAS the game winning hit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So, game winning hit?

cliff asked game winning. You insert CLUTCH. doesnt matter. His hit put them up for good was stated earlier. Therefore that WAS the game winning hit.

no arguement. from a technical perspective, it was a game winning hit.

my point was, it was a 4th inning hit with no pressure to deliver beyond doing your normal every day job.

it's like scoring a goal in the first 5 minutes of a 1-0 hockey game vs. scoring at OT goal in a 1-0 hockey game.

not all game winning hits are equal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    wait a minute. To get a hit and/or drive a runner in IS your normal everyday job. To NOT make an error and throw the guy out IS your normal everyday job.

mickeyrat wrote:
    wait a minute. To get a hit and/or drive a runner in IS your normal everyday job. To NOT make an error and throw the guy out IS your normal everyday job.

i know right. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    welcome to the real cubs Mr. Rizzo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    16-1 are you freakin' kidding me?!?! :evil: shameful
    I lost a bet...

Jeff has to be thinking.....NFL OTA's sound pretty good right now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Jeff has to be thinking.....NFL OTA's sound pretty good right now.

i think you are right. i'm telling ya this will be a history making season...the worst season in cubs history. .364 is the number to beat... :roll:
    I lost a bet...
This discussion has been closed.