The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    wrigley wont go anywhere anytime soon. people plan their vacations around that place.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    wrigley wont go anywhere anytime soon. people plan their vacations around that place.

they say for any given game, 38% of the attendance is from out of state....i believe it was Pat that said it on a broadcast.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365

:nono: :nono: :nono:

there is something magical about Wrigley...i know..they haven't won in over 100 years and they are having a terrible season, but Wrigley is special.

Wrigley is a dump. Most of my Cubs fans friends agree. They have to tear down the grandstand and rebuild it. Keep the bleachers, scoreboard and ivy and all that nostalgic shit.

i don't know this doesn't look like a dump to me..granted they could fix a few things, but it isn't a dump...
    wrigley.jpg
    I lost a bet...
    Looks like this make me thirsty for beer.....hoooray beer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

i don't know this doesn't look like a dump to me..granted they could fix a few things, but it isn't a dump...
    wrigley.jpg

I'm sorry, but it's a dump. And like I said, keep the bleachers and ivy and all that....the entire grandstand needs to be rebuilt. Tiny concourses, lack of bathrooms, lack of food choices....it just doesn't stack up to the modern stadiums.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

wrigley.jpg

I'm sorry, but it's a dump. And like I said, keep the bleachers and ivy and all that....the entire grandstand needs to be rebuilt. Tiny concourses, lack of bathrooms, lack of food choices....it just doesn't stack up to the modern stadiums.

100% agree. The bleachers are fine since the renovation a few years back. The grandstand is awful. Got some actual concessions with real food, have more than 3 bathrooms on the main concourse and 3 exits, and make it a hell of a lot wider so you can actually move around in there. They don't need a new park, but they do need a major overhaul to the grandstands. I went to Fenway last year and was amazed how they remodled an old ballpark. I with they could do something similar to Wrigley.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    There are definite problems with Wrigley, but the last thing I want and the worst thing IMO about modern stadiums is that...they are modern stadiums. Fuck that! Why can't we keep something traditional and old school? Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the facilities...they need help! I'm talking about the baseball experience!! Sitting, watching a game with a beer and a dog (and this is coming from someone who doesn't eat red meat), soaking in the sun, and just watching the fn game!!!! I don't need jumbo fuckin trons, I don't need to be entertained between pitches....how about you enjoy the game for what is is??? I will be deeply saddened when or if they do away with Wrigley.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    mca47 wrote:
    There are definite problems with Wrigley, but the last thing I want and the worst thing IMO about modern stadiums is that...they are modern stadiums. Fuck that! Why can't we keep something traditional and old school? Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the facilities...they need help! I'm talking about the baseball experience!! Sitting, watching a game with a beer and a dog (and this is coming from someone who doesn't eat red meat), soaking in the sun, and just watching the fn game!!!! I don't need jumbo fuckin trons, I don't need to be entertained between pitches....how about you enjoy the game for what is is??? I will be deeply saddened when or if they do away with Wrigley.
    Keep the Ivy
    Keep the bleachers...

But tear down the grandstands...
    Give us a bigger, better concourse to walk on. (without worrying about bricks falling on our heads)
    Give us some modern concessions....

They need to update this stadium BIGTIME!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    81 wrote:
    caught the end of the Kerry's 20K game last night on comcast sports.....he looked huge compared to his current self....and he was throwing some nasty shit. they kept calling it a curve, but it looked more like a cutter. a ton of movement away from righties. shame his arm blew out.

interesting to see the park too....yeah, it's teh same, but it's different.....and they need to bring back the budweiser house....and stop fuckin with shit like digital crap in right field.

I remember skipping all of my afternoon classes to watch that game. That was the nastiest curve ball I've ever seen any pitcher throw. That same curve that broke a foot and a half that struck out moises alou, however, is the same pitch that caused his first of many arm surgeries.

Woody, ryno and gracie are my favorite cubs ever
    pureoc wrote:

100% agree. The bleachers are fine since the renovation a few years back. The grandstand is awful. Got some actual concessions with real food, have more than 3 bathrooms on the main concourse and 3 exits, and make it a hell of a lot wider so you can actually move around in there. They don't need a new park, but they do need a major overhaul to the grandstands. I went to Fenway last year and was amazed how they remodled an old ballpark. I with they could do something similar to Wrigley.

Exactly. If you go to the bathroom, you're prob missing a whole inning. I went to Fenway a couple years ago and thought the exact same thing....I've been to around 15 different baseball stadiums and Fenway is my favorite so far.
    81 wrote:
    caught the end of the Kerry's 20K game last night on comcast sports.....he looked huge compared to his current self....and he was throwing some nasty shit. they kept calling it a curve, but it looked more like a cutter. a ton of movement away from righties. shame his arm blew out.

interesting to see the park too....yeah, it's teh same, but it's different.....and they need to bring back the budweiser house....and stop fuckin with shit like digital crap in right field.

I remember skipping all of my afternoon classes to watch that game. That was the nastiest curve ball I've ever seen any pitcher throw. That same curve that broke a foot and a half that struck out moises alou, however, is the same pitch that caused his first of many arm surgeries.

nasty nasty nasty shit...shame that arms aren't made to throw that way.

not being a cubs fan...i did always enjoy Hawk and the Dunston and his hitting meter :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    pureoc wrote:

Exactly. If you go to the bathroom, you're prob missing a whole inning. I went to Fenway a couple years ago and thought the exact same thing....I've been to around 15 different baseball stadiums and Fenway is my favorite so far.

Depending on the game it can be way more than one inning. Opening day is the worst, pretty much an inning and a half minimum, especially with this current cubs team swinging at the first pitch. Yeah, Fenway is what all other stadiums I've been to are compared to. Its the perfect mix of old school and modern. They really did a great job renovating it.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    hmm....guess it depends on where you sit....when we had company tix, it was half an inning max. our seats were right acorss the concourse from the restroom.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    mca47 wrote:

:thumbup: :clap:

i'm there to watch the game, for the tradition, history, good times with friends, bad beer, and hopefully see the Cubbies win every once in awhile... not for fancy food and swimming and fireworks and fish tanks and jumbo trons. you feel like you are part of the game at Wrigley and everyone there is a part of the same little community. In the modern stadiums you feel so far removed...no thank you. but, yes, they should fix the falling concrete.
    I lost a bet...
    mca47 wrote:

:thumbup: :clap:

i'm there to watch the game, for the tradition, history, good times with friends, bad beer, and hopefully see the Cubbies win every once in awhile... not for fancy food and swimming and fireworks and fish tanks and jumbo trons. you feel like you are part of the game at Wrigley and everyone there is a part of the same little community. In the modern stadiums you feel so far removed...no thank you. but, yes, they should fix the falling concrete.
    Tradition? A team that hasnt won a damn thing in 100 years.
    History? A team that hasnt won a damn thing in 100 years.
    $75 bleacher tickets?
    Bad Beer? Hell, I remember when the vendors used to walk around with cups of warm Old Style, with plastic lids on the cups. It was a BIG DEAL when they actually started walking around with cans of COLD BEER. The ONLY time in my life I would drink that SWINE SWILL called Old Style, is at Wrigley. And funny enough, I have to pay $7 for a can of that CRAP!

Im sorry, but I have been to probably 100 games at Wrigley.
    Its a dump.
    Tear it down.
    Build a modern stadium.
    $75 bleacher tickets?
    Bad Beer? Hell, I remember when the vendors used to walk around with cups of warm Old Style, with plastic lids on the cups. It was a BIG DEAL when they actually started walking around with cans of COLD BEER. The ONLY time in my life I would drink that SWINE SWILL called Old Style, is at Wrigley. And funny enough, I have to pay $7 for a can of that CRAP!

Its a dump.
    Tear it down.
    Build a modern stadium.

Nice to see a Cubs fan who can be rational when talking about Wrigley.
    $75 bleacher tickets?

Its a dump.
    Tear it down.
    Build a modern stadium.

My days of being a "Cubs Fan" have basically come to an end.
    I dont like the product.
    I dont like the ballpark (that reaks of urine)
    It truly is nothing but a Beer Garden, for 20 year old kids to go get piss drunk.
    The Cubs can KISS MY ASS with their ticket pricing!

Fuck Em..
    After 46 years of dealing with the Cubs.
    Im finished with them.
    Actually, I truly havent given a shit about them for a few years.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited July 2012
    $75 bleacher tickets?

Its a dump.
    Tear it down.
    Build a modern stadium.

My days of being a "Cubs Fan" have basically come to an end.
    I dont like the product.
    I dont like the ballpark (that reaks of urine)
    It truly is nothing but a Beer Garden, for 20 year old kids to go get piss drunk.
    The Cubs can KISS MY ASS with their ticket pricing!

Fuck Em..
    After 46 years of dealing with the Cubs.
    Im finished with them.
    Actually, I truly havent given a shit about them for a few years.

There's no place to go other than up................ :lol:
    Post edited by guacamolejoe on
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    Fuck the Cubs...
    Ive had enough...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    losing is a tradition. not a good one but.....

reeking of urine is a tradition. Not a good one but.....

expensive cheap ass beer is a greedy tradition. Capitalism at it finest. Hows that for tradition!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I went to Wrigley a few years back for the first time since I was a kid. Got to the game a little early after having six Old Styles at the Cubby Bear so I had to go bad. I went to the restroom, found the first stainless pee trough I saw and relieved myself. I turned around to wash my hands and there were no sinks ... to which I thought, "wow, this place really is old school!".

I few innings later I returned to discover I had peed in the sink. :fp:

Kind of explained to lack of privacy and strange looks I was getting. :mrgreen:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    love the new title.

:thumbup: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

nasty nasty nasty shit...shame that arms aren't made to throw that way.

not being a cubs fan...i did always enjoy Hawk and the Dunston and his hitting meter :lol:

The shawon o meter was classic. I remember gracie talking about how bad his hand hurt after games because dunston three the ball so hard to first.
    Jason P wrote:
    I went to Wrigley a few years back for the first time since I was a kid. Got to the game a little early after having six Old Styles at the Cubby Bear so I had to go bad. I went to the restroom, found the first stainless pee trough I saw and relieved myself. I turned around to wash my hands and there were no sinks ... to which I thought, "wow, this place really is old school!".

I few innings later I returned to discover I had peed in the sink. :fp:

Kind of explained to lack of privacy and strange looks I was getting. :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i like the trough...easy in, easy out......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Did anyone see the commercial where andre Dawson comes out of the ivy at wrigley? Good stuff.
    Did anyone see the commercial where andre Dawson comes out of the ivy at wrigley? Good stuff.

yeah...seemed kind of dumb tho...but i hate commercials
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Lol. Who would have expected Dawson to do that? Didn't he enter the hall as an expo?
    81 wrote:

Lol. Who would have expected Dawson to do that? Didn't he enter the hall as an expo?

yeah....MLB determins hats. he wanted to go in as a Cub but....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Fuck the Cubs...
    Ive had enough...
    Tell us how you really feel....
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Fuck the Cubs...
    Ive had enough...

:corn:
This discussion has been closed.