The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    pureoc wrote:
    This team sucks ass! A Ram should not be batting cleanup the rest of the year, in fact he shouldn't be getting any at bats at all, enough is enough .158 is pathetic.
    At least the Cubs didn't lose 10 to 1 against Cleveland yesterday.. God, what a shitty year. We don't even get to talk smack to each other because we haven't the grounds.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:
    This team sucks ass! A Ram should not be batting cleanup the rest of the year, in fact he shouldn't be getting any at bats at all, enough is enough .158 is pathetic.
    At least the Cubs didn't lose 10 to 1 against Cleveland yesterday.. God, what a shitty year. We don't even get to talk smack to each other because we haven't the grounds.

on the bright side, the cubs have lost 7 of 8 to the Pirates this season. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    pureoc wrote:

Yeah I know, I'm not even that pumped to go to the Cubs Sox game Friday.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Another series loss to a shit team.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    pureoc wrote:
    Another series loss to a shit team.
    Go Hawks!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    pureoc wrote:
    A Ram should not be batting cleanup the rest of the year, in fact he shouldn't be getting any at bats at all, enough is enough .158 is pathetic.
    ..yet you still call him A Ram? :wtf:

.158 hitters don't deserve nicknames.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Silva is 8-0 this season.

8-0

:shock:

Who would have EVER thought that would be possible?!?!?! :o

At the beginning of the season if someone told me "Z will go to the pen, and Silva is going to be the ace" I would have laughed and laughed.

Then again, had someone said "rookie Colvin will have a better average than Lee or Ramirez" I probably would have also laughed.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    is this a baseball thread or a hockey thread???

fuck it...

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!
    UpSideDown wrote:

let me help you understand the cub fan just a bit. the cubs have sucked for over 100 years and deliver nothing come october (november now), thus the cub fan is forced to turn their attention to other sports in attept to diminish some of that pain.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

let me help you understand the cub fan just a bit. the cubs have sucked for over 100 years and deliver nothing come october (november now), thus the cub fan is forced to turn their attention to other sports in attept to diminish some of that pain.

What did they do 100 years ago when Hockey, Football and Basketball weren't invented yet?
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

What did they do 100 years ago when Hockey, Football and Basketball weren't invented yet?

they worked on the art of political corruption
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    In my lifetime, I've seen Championships in all 4 major sports: Football (Bears), Basketball (Bulls), Baseball (White Sox) and now, Hockey (Blackhawks).

I can easily say that we are blessed as Chicagoans!!! 8-)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Davidtrios wrote:
    In my lifetime, I've seen Championships in all 4 major sports: Football (Bears), Basketball (Bulls), Baseball (White Sox) and now, Hockey (Blackhawks).

I can easily say that we are blessed as Chicagoans!!! 8-)

3 out of 4 ain't bad Cubs fans! Wah wah.
    speaking of the cubs....anyone interested in some Cubs/Reds tickets for July 3rd.

I've got up to 4 that i will trade for bootlegs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    speaking of the cubs....anyone interested in some Cubs/Reds tickets for July 3rd.

Ha, I'm off to Cubs Sox this afternoon and don't even wanna go. I'm hoping it gets rained out so I can get a refund from this pathetic excuse of a baseball team.
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:

Ha, I'm off to Cubs Sox this afternoon and don't even wanna go. I'm hoping it gets rained out so I can get a refund from this pathetic excuse of a baseball team.

:lol:

i'm hoping it starts to pour right around 10:30am. gf works in the loop and said the metra was packed with people going downtown for all the festivities.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    This team flat out stinks..........
    4 errors is unacceptable for any big league team!!

Fire Lou, fire Rothschild.

Promote Ryno to manager, and Maddux to pitching coach.

Promise you, the whole team will transform immediately!
    mca47 wrote:

Unless Ryno can play 3rd and hit 35 Hrs....

And Maddux can win 24 games....

They wouldnt change a fucking thing......

This team is in DEEP SHIT......
    mca47 wrote:

Unless Ryno can play 3rd and hit 35 Hrs....

And Maddux can win 24 games....

They wouldnt change a fucking thing......

This team is in DEEP SHIT......

Completely disagree Speedy.
    People don't respect Lou anymore. He's a figment of the manager he used to be. He's now the manager of the 3rd highest paid team in baseball, yet has no control over anyone or anything. He knows it and I believe it really pisses him off.

Maddux is the best living pitching mind on the planet, and currently working for the organization. Simple enough transition to me. Besides, the vets have worked with Rothschild long enough to know he's shit. The young guys don't respect him. Maddog is going to be a monster of a pitching coach and eventually a manager.
    Get that shit moving NOW!
    It is not Lou's fault that....

Soriano is a bust....
    Ramirez forgot how to hit....
    Zambrano is a psychopath......

The blame goes to the players..........

Soriano is a bust....

4 errors Speedy.

We all know the Cubs can't hit worth a shit, but under no circumstance is 4 errors ever acceptable.
    That kind of shit needs a boot up the ass...which Lou won't do anymore.
    mca47 wrote:

Soriano is a bust....

4 errors Speedy.

We all know the Cubs can't hit worth a shit, but under no circumstance is 4 errors ever acceptable.
    That kind of shit needs a boot up the ass...which Lou won't do anymore.
    D. Lee had 2 of those errors???

I am pretty sure they are his 1st 2 errors all season...right???

I agree though.....

Somebody on that team needs a good kick in the ass....
    Actually they ALL need a good kick in the ass.........
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,232
    "Tonight is not a big-league game," Derrek Lee said. "We played like a Single-A team. I set the tone. … Tonight's on me. It's unacceptable."

"I kicked two balls," he said. "It's embarrassing. It's tough to let your team down like that. Z is probably out of that inning. … , and I just booted two balls, two easy plays, and It cost us the game."
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    "Tonight is not a big-league game," Derrek Lee said. "We played like a Single-A team. I set the tone. … Tonight's on me. It's unacceptable."

"I kicked two balls," he said. "It's embarrassing. It's tough to let your team down like that. Z is probably out of that inning. … , and I just booted two balls, two easy plays, and It cost us the game."

When the season is over and the team you play for is a joke, it's hard to keep your head in the game...even if you are a gold glover.

Why I blame the coaches!
    D Lee lost the game last night. Even Gold Glovers (Mark Buehrle with the 2 balks weeks ago)have bad days.
    mca47 wrote:

When the season is over and the team you play for is a joke, it's hard to keep your head in the game...even if you are a gold glover.

Why I blame the coaches!

you can't blame the coachs when a gold glover boots balls. however, you can share the blame between players and coachs on the second colvin error. that was castro's fault, he needs coaching. but then again, he is a rookie barely into his rookie season.

the cubs are offically sellers at the trade deadline. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Good for you Bob!

Chicago Cubs television color analyst Bob Brenly has seen various levels of success from the North Siders in his five-plus seasons in the booth, but there has been one constant.

It's a lack of fundamentals, he said, and it frustrated him again Tuesday night at Wrigley Field.

"Ever since I've been here in Chicago, even going back to the Dusty Baker days, these teams -- and you hate to lump them all together because obviously there's different personnel every year -- but the same problems keep coming up, poor baserunning, poor defense," Brenly said Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "The lack of timely hitting affects every team in the major leagues at one point or another, but it's the lack of solid fundamentals on a daily basis that really gets to me, and I think gets to a lot of fans.

"It's not playing the game the way it needs to be played to give yourself a chance to win."

Derrek Lee made two of the Cubs' four errors Tuesday as the Cubs fell 9-5 to the Oakland Athletics. It was the Cubs' 10th loss in their last 14 games, and they could fall nine games under .500 on Wednesday for the first time since 2007.

"I'm sure Derrek Lee wasn't trying to make errors last night, he's one of the best defensive first basemen in the game," Brenly said. "But the thing that was disconcerting to me was after the two errors, he didn't get in position to take a relay throw from center field from Marlon Byrd.

"And then in the next inning, there was a double hit off the wall in center field, and on that play the two middle infielders go out as a double cut-off. The first baseman is supposed to trail the batter as he goes from first to second. Derrek was just standing at first base. Those are the kinds of things that can be avoided. It takes a little focus, a little concentration, and in Derrek's case last night, he got a little distracted and forgot about what he was supposed to be doing out there."

Brenly, who managed the Arizona Diamondbacks to division championships in 2001 and '02, as well as the 2001 World Series title, also took exception to Cubs manager Lou Piniella batting pitcher Carlos Zambrano in the bottom of the sixth. There were two outs with a runner on second and the Cubs trailing 5-4. Zambrano popped to second, and then was relieved at the top of the seventh.

"No, I wasn't particularly enamored with that move," Brenly said. "I said it on the air, Zambrano is a good hitting pitcher, there's no question about that. But let's don't get carried away.

ESPNChicago.com Cubs blog
    The latest news and notes on the Cubs. Blog

"I would much rather have the worst pinch hitter I have available off the bench up at the plate rather than any pitcher. I just don't think there's anybody in the major leagues right now -- and that includes Micah Owings, who may be the best hitting pitcher to come down the pike in a long time -- I would rather have a hitter up there. Even if it means you have to burn one of your players."

Brenly didn't blame any one person for the Cubs' struggles this season. In fact, he suggested it could be an organizational issue.

"It's hard to say without watching it on a daily basis and seeing what is being taught and what isn't being taught, but certainly I think any organization strives to have consistency in instruction," Brenly said. "If [hitting coach] Rudy Jaramillo is going to be your hitting coach at the major league level for a number of years, you would think all throughout the minor league system we would be teaching what Rudy wants the guys to know when they get to the major leagues.

"I don't know if every organization is that way. I don't know if the Cubs are that way. It seems to me that the organizations that have the steady producers from their farm systems, the guys who come up and already know what system is in place in the big leagues and can step right in and be a contributing member of the team, those are the teams that are usually at the top of the standings at the end of the season."
    It seems to me that the organizations that have the steady producers from their farm systems, the guys who come up and already know what system is in place in the big leagues and can step right in and be a contributing member of the team, those are the teams that are usually at the top of the standings at the end of the season.

sounds like the Twins org.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mr. Perfect is on the mound today....

why is it, when a pitcher throws a perfect game agiast the Rays, the forget hot to pitch?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.