Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    bgirl59 wrote:
    :wave: :wave: :wave: Here you are!! Are any of you in Arizona?? Would love to jam out with you! I'm over 40, travel around to see Pearl Jam, or what I call The Greatest Show on Earth, but have yet to find a single someone whose birth date is below 1970! I'll check back often.....thanks for the thread! :clap:

ME :wave: ! I'm in AZ, and I'm close to Boom's age :o But I was way younger than EV and the guys are now back when I bought Ten on cassette. :oops: I flew over to LA for 2 of the 2009 shows. Did you get to the SoCal shows?

I got laid off Dec 11th and am not employed again yet, so any 2010 shows are questionable for me right now. Maybe by the time they're finally announced I'll have some income again. Would love to meet up!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    bgirl59 wrote:
    :wave: :wave: :wave: Here you are!! Are any of you in Arizona?? Would love to jam out with you! I'm over 40, travel around to see Pearl Jam, or what I call The Greatest Show on Earth, but have yet to find a single someone whose birth date is below 1970! I'll check back often.....thanks for the thread! :clap:

You need to get in touch with Evergreen. She lives in Phoenix and SHE'S FUCKING AWESOME!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    How does being over 40 make you old? WTF? Why are some people so surprised that we still like rock music? Gotta vent here, I've been hearing this crap since I turned 30. I don't believe personalities change as soon as a person reaches a certain age. If you take care of yourself you will not get old.

Thank you for articulating so clearly what I have been shouting out for the longest time!

I AIN'T NEVER GETTIN' OLD AS LONG AS MY HEROS ARE ON STAGE KICKIN' ASS!

I might however need a grammar lesson :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    bgirl59 wrote:
    :wave: :wave: :wave: Here you are!! .............

Yes, yes, mine too, waaaayyyy below :P

Philly area here. See you all in Philly, NYC, Upstate NY, possibly Mass, DC, Western PA, etc..you get the idea.
    SEE YOU DIDN'T GO TO SINGLE PHILLY SHOW LAST YEAR??

Pumpkinhead..you mean me? Yup..you're right..not a single solitary one! SEVERELY BUMMED at the time and STILL AM :(

Came down with an infection (MRSA) that kept me out of circulation for the entire month of October and most of November. Hope you never have to experience that.

Once upon a time I would have said "nothing can keep me from a PJ show" ...well..I was wrong. :roll:

I simultaneously Love and (I was going to say hate but that's not true) hearing about how great they were you know? Looking forward to boots. Fanviews have been great!

But I WILL see you all this year...providing there are any dates coming up.

See you on the flip side :P

*Hugs*
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    How does being over 40 make you old? WTF? Why are some people so surprised that we still like rock music? Gotta vent here, I've been hearing this crap since I turned 30. I don't believe personalities change as soon as a person reaches a certain age. If you take care of yourself you will not get old.

Thank you for articulating so clearly what I have been shouting out for the longest time!

I AIN'T NEVER GETTIN' OLD AS LONG AS MY HEROS ARE ON STAGE KICKIN' ASS!

I might however need a grammar lesson :P

:thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    Hi Oldies!!! :wave: :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Lizard wrote:
    Hi Oldies!!! :wave: :lol:

Who you callin' Old?? :P :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    mrluthor9mrluthor9 Posts: 264
    Hey From Central NJ.
    I turned 45 a few days after the October Philly shows. Of course I was sick as a dog on my B-Day but it was worth it! :mrgreen:
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    50 ! ;)

Godfather.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    46 & still fucking obsessed with PJ. Just saw them in Aus & want to see them again before I die! no band comes close....
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Any one on this thread need a 10c Belfast ticket. I've got an extra. Side reserved seating. PM and let me know so I can hold it for you.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I would love to go, but unfortunately, no pennies :( Plus hubby would worry too much if I was on my own, I might get lost. :D
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
  • Options
    Two years have passed since my last post in this thread.
    Just turned 54 July 30th. I'm still here and lovin every minute!

That's me on the right : )
    Happybirthday.jpg
    I'm alive

Phila. 03. Camden nights 1&2 03. Hershey 03. Boston 04. Reading 04. St Louis 04. Montreal 05. Ottawa 05. AC 05. Phila. 05. NY Letterman Show 06. E Rutherford nights 1&2 06. Camden nights 1&2 06. Denver nights 1&2 06. Hawaii 06. Grant Park, Chicago 07. Van Couver 08.(EV Solo) Camden nights 1&2 08. NY nights 1&2 08. Hartford 08. Mansfield 08. Newark 08.(EV Solo) Phila. nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Baltimore nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Honolulu night 2 09.(EV Solo) Salt Lake City 09. Phila Spectrum 10/27 10/28 & 10/31/09. Newark, NJ 05.18.10
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    43 in 22 days :)

I will always be younger than 3 of my siblings, and I will always be younger than every member of Pearl Jam :D

Now, that's the attitude that keeps me young :P
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    42 and loving it :lol::lol:
  • Options
    40 years and I'm good :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    I turned 40 this year but I still feel like a teenager!

Except it is getting a little harder to recover the morning after!
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    Jo wrote:
    This thread is funny.
    Here I was thinking I was just an Old Fart having a fun time with the Young ones on the board and find out we're all old farts!
    Ha, we're still rocking our heads off!
    I reckon it's the music we listen to, it keeps us immature, oops, I mean young. 8-)

Happybirthday.jpg

Spot on Jo!!
    Lookin' good OOMM!!
    I'm 55. As the saying goes - not everyone can be old, but anyone can be immature :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The Oracle wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    This thread is funny.
    Here I was thinking I was just an Old Fart having a fun time with the Young ones on the board and find out we're all old farts!
    Ha, we're still rocking our heads off!
    I reckon it's the music we listen to, it keeps us immature, oops, I mean young. 8-)

Happybirthday.jpg

Spot on Jo!!
    Lookin' good OOMM!!
    I'm 55. As the saying goes - not everyone can be old, but anyone can be immature :lol::lol::lol:
    simply beautiful lady! :D ... that royal blue just sparks on you ...that pic a keeper!
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,629
    I looking to connect with fans over 40. The fans that grew up listening to PJ and still do. Lets connect.

Once you connect with them, can you convince them to move on with their lives, let their 10C memberships lapse, and let some other folks sit up front? :)
  • Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    MG79478 wrote:
    I looking to connect with fans over 40. The fans that grew up listening to PJ and still do. Lets connect.

Once you connect with them, can you convince them to move on with their lives, let their 10C memberships lapse, and let some other folks sit up front? :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,468
    I think I'm 43 as I stopped counting at 40. PJ rocks the older crowd.
  • Options
    Edge34Edge34 Ottawa Posts: 233
    Turning 40 in October. Going to PJ20 to celebrate. WooHoo. I'm so stoked for this show.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Is 38 close enough?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options

Watched a clip of young Ed on youtube.

It was filmed after Vs. came out and end was speaking of radio air play.

He indicated how Small Town would be overplayed, it bothered him some, but he would have no trouble if Blood was overplayed for it reflected the album. He then added you have to worry about the 40 year olds who might get hurt in the pit. He saved face by saying they can generally handle themselves.
  • Options
    46, however, still not feeling much over 30
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,325
    MG79478 wrote:

Yeah, right. :roll:

I'm 42. Went to all four Philly shows, with my husband and kids. I can outlast the young dudes at shows, too. I'm relatively new to 10C -- actually lived in Seattle in the 90's, but was too busy dealing with babies to go to concerts and too poor w/husband in grad school to afford tickets.

For the young whipper-snappers wandering into this thread, I want to tell you a story:

My twelve-year-old leads an activity that involves organizing teens and taking them to a local retirement home to perform for the residents. He's a classical musician, and the other kids include guitarists, jazz musicians, violinists, vocalists.

Guess what music the old ladies like best? Frank Sinatra? Mozart? No -- The Beatles, Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash. They LOVE the Beatles. They sing along, they tap their feet, some who can get up and dance. They rock out. These ladies probably were about my age when the Beatles arrived in the US; I'm not about to tell them they are are too old to be into that music.

Musical tastes grow and evolve with time. Since high school, I have learned to love reggae, jazz and classical music. But I still go crazy when I hear the Clash or the Ramones, and I doubt that that ever will change. Good music is not a phase, it is part of you.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    47 in 2011....same as Ed but born in Jan so almost a year older than him.

;)
    rustedsigns