Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    Hey there fellow oldies, I'll be 43 in December. I've been listening to PJ for nigh on 20 years now, first saw them in the Cathouse in Glasgow in'92, I didn't realise then how privileged I was. I find it amazing that after 20 years they're still as relevant as ever, if not more so, add to that the fact that they're still making amazing music and you have one of only a handful of bands that are worth following these days.

My son (aged 10) calls them Dad Rock, a new genre perhaps?
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Well folks, haven't read all the posts on this one but I'm 48...considering I'm the same age as Jeff, & Matt is older, I don't feel so bad. Had tickets to see Zeppelin in '80 when Bonham died...we were crushed, & my music mojo went on the back burner. In early 1992 I picked up a Pearl Jam cassette tape at Sam the Record Man & popped it in the tape deck of my 16 year old T-top Grand Prix...loved it!! The power, that voice!! But when Release came on, my mojo exploded, finally!! I had to pull over, everything I ever felt from having a dead-beat Father had a valve, someone who understood...it was beautiful & I was ìn love.... still am....
  • Options
    Hi all, I'm 36 my husband will be turning 39...our first date was Lollapalooza 1992 in Houston TX. Anyone else remember the big 'noise maker' at the entrance??? That big chunk of metal was our meet up spot if we got seperated, which made things difficult since they took it down when the sun went down :? . Anywho my hubby was complaining about getting closer and closer to 40 and I told him "we're getting to the age where we need to appreciate the extra time rather than dread it."
  • Options
    50 years old...do your homework and clean your room....NOW!
    High and Inside, Low and Away
  • Options
    MikeLove wrote:

Good one...2 grandboys now to impart rock n roll knowledge & wisdom to...just had my 23 year old daughter ask me to make her some PJ cd's....finally, & my work here is done :P
  • Options
    MikeLove wrote:

Good one...2 grandboys now to impart rock n roll knowledge & wisdom to...just had my 23 year old daughter ask me to make her some PJ cd's....finally, & my work here is done :P

Well done! Always great to see responsible parents who impart good strong values to their kids! Clearly, you have! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    49, and 2 of our 3 kids have been to PJ with me. Teach Your Children Well.
    Rochester 94
    Mansfield 1 08
    Eddie Boston 1 08
    Toronto 09
    Philly 3 09
    Buffalo 2010
    MSG 2 2010
    Hamilton 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Options
    I cannot wait to join this club in September! Happy Holidays!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    43 here...still remember the first time I heard Ten for the first time...held on for the ride & never looked back
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    We going to call this club PJ40+?
  • Options
    42 here.

It's really hard to believe that I've been listening to this amazing band for 20 years. So many things have changed in the past 20 years & PJ has always remained! They have been a constant in my life for the past 20 years.
    I have faced it,... A life wasted,...
    I'm never going back again.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    gotsome420 wrote:
    I would just like to thank all you old bastards for supporting this band when i was still in diapers!!! Couldn't imagine life without them.

-21 year old fan

same here. I wasn't in diapers, more like kindergarten age (I'm 25 now), but yeah...I'm glad the band and all of you guys are still around. :thumbup:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    44 here, but when I listen to Pearl Jam I still feel like the 24 year old that listened to Ten constantly to and from work every day. I went through sooo many cassettes. I still remember the first time I heard "Alive"--I felt as if I found my home, my north star (if you will). It's nice to see other over 40 fans here. :wave:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    My boyfriend was 10 years younger then me and he was listening to PJ and STP and I was like what the fuc* is that kinda music...so then I saw Eddie on MTV and I was like in love...it's taken me many years to see them live...so I'm making up for all those years on not seeing them...funny seeing all the young babies at the concerts...makes me feel young again...oh no it's Eddie that makes me feel young again... Thank you Eddie, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, Dave A
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    54 here too, and "out of my mind" from Philly 4 is one of my most played on my ipod. The music and love for this band bridges the generation gap - at shows I have partied with my peers and with people half my age. Pretty cool.
    Congratulations on your 58th Birthday! My Birthday is July 30th. I'm 54 and very pleased with myself. Having Birthdays are great! They say we're getting older...but I say we're getting better. Much better. :thumbup:
    Keep on Rockin' with Pearl Jam! Hope you didn't forget to make a wish. :clap:
    Turned 58 on July 31st. Warmed up for PJ20 by spending this past weekend at Lollapalooza. Standing in ankle deep mud and pouring rain for my 1st Foo Fighters show was probably one of the best non-PJ concert experiences ever :thumbup: :clap:
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    54 years young here! Been a fan since the beginning. Took my youngest son to his first show when he was 14 and my oldest at 20 was there too. Have 2 grandboys now to share a love of music. My oldest Grandson just took up the sax! It was always important to have a good stereo system even if you couldn't make the rent! Can't get thru the day without listening to the boys! The only thing better is Free Bird at 5 am on the way to work! :lol:
    Later, Lolly
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    My dad's 56 and a huge fan. He's the one who introduced me to Pearl Jam with the "Jeremy" single. Have seen close to 10 shows together. Good guy.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    I am not 40, I am 30 but I have been listening to Pearl Jam since I was 11 years old, and first became a 10C member in 1995 at about age 13. I just recently started engaging in the Forum
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,832
    39 it's just a number
  • Options
    LandojamLandojam Posts: 163
    Just turned 45 last Tuesday! :D:D
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    Posted before, but I'm 43 and still rocking. much to my sons embarrassment.
  • Options
    We should get shirts made up PJ40+, sell them for charity? Tell me if that's a crap idea
  • Options
    frazba wrote:
    We should get shirts made up PJ40+, sell them for charity? Tell me if that's a crap idea

Not a crap idea...actually a pretty good one considering the whole band could wear them proud :thumbup:
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    42. I was at their first show and all that. Not sure if I'll ever go see them again. I was bored out of mind last time (Portland 2009). Still a great band though. Good to have them around. Too many memories tied to my college years and early years of marriage -- Drop in the Park, Gorge 93 with Neil Young, buying Vs. on cassette while going to graduate school in Ireland, my wife buying me Vitology on vinyl when we were dirt poor and just starting out, etc.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    42. I was at their first show and all that. Not sure if I'll ever go see them again. I was bored out of mind last time (Portland 2009).

Bored out of your mind??!! Someone needs to do a PJ intervention with bicyclejoe before we lose him.

I was a that show and I loved it.
  • Options
    I'm 42
    Pj is the soundtrack to my adult life.

A funny oldies pj story
    When I'm in at MarkRichards surfs hop we talk boards for like 5 minutes and then get onto music, ESP pj or Springsteen etc. his mum who still sometimes works there laughs at us and asks
    How old are you two GROW UP
    Gold

Im glad in an adult life and all the crap I have to deal with that I can revert to my youngself within music.
    Do I feel embarrassed that I'm in a fan club NO WAY
    PROUD more like it
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    53, soon to be 54. I have been to 17 shows and PJ is one of the most important things in my life. It is living the dream. Never give up, never surrender. I can't wait to get back out on the road.
  • Options
    41 here. fan from the beginning, but didn't see them live until 2003. been to 41 shows--looking forward to the next 41 and beyond.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all