Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    edited March 2012
    as I posted earlier I am 51, and been to over 30 shows...and the best part is that my two teenage sons have been to over 20 of those shows with me. Our mutual love for PJ sometimes exceeded our patience with each other during the teenage years. But we got through them, togeather, with some help from the band. We've really been able to bond over the years, traveling to Canada, west coast, east coast and place in between...

I really feel lucky.

and even though I love seeing PJ live, I usually go to 20-30 live shows a year. I have a pretty varied interest in music, and would rather do a live show then just about anything.
    Post edited by Bird889 on
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    velogator wrote:
    45 here, introduced my 17 year old daughter to Pearl Jam so that the family tradition can live on! Love this band!

crazy how pearl jam reaches everyone.. im 19 and heres you saying you have a 17 year old daughter :lol:

Yep, and I have a 3 year old son :D I used to sing Black and GTF to him at bedtime when he was a baby :mrgreen:

My daughter is my concert buddy, she goes with me to all the PJ shows I get to!
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    picked my user name after I turned 40 in 1995, 3 years after I first heard evenflow on the radio while my husband and i were driving to key west. I was hooked ever since. now I am 52 nearing 53, and I guess i should be notfeeling50 but am still notfeeling40. still rockin with the best of them. reading these posts has put a big smile on my face. Thanks!
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    41, My first show was in 92. I listen to them everyday, have for almost 20 years. Just did all 4 Philly shows and it was life changing. Made a new best mate and can't wait for the 2010 tour!
  • Options
    KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    KCjam wrote:
    What better way to have my 1st Post than to connect with the over 40 PJ crowd.

I am 41. Been a huge fan since Summer of '92.

Wellcome

Thanks for the welcome, Joseevolution.
  • Options
    KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    KCjam wrote:
    What better way to have my 1st Post than to connect with the over 40 PJ crowd.

I am 41. Been a huge fan since Summer of '92.

Wellcome :)

Lets' try that again.
    I think this is right. I copied and pasted the first time instead of just hitting quote.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Bird889 wrote:
    as I posted earlier I am 51, and been to over 30 shows...and the best part is that my two teenage sons have been to over 20 of those shows with me. Our mutual love for PJ sometimes exceeded our patience with each other during the teenage years. But we got through them, togeather, with some help from the band. We've really been able to bond over the ears, traveling to Canad, west coast, east coast and place in between...

I really feel lucky.

and even though I love seeing PJ live, I usually go to 20-30 live shows a year. I have a pretty varied interest in music, and would rather do a live show then just about anything.

Do your children know how fucking lucky they are to have a parent like you???
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Black-12 wrote:
    41, My first show was in 92. I listen to them everyday, have for almost 20 years. Just did all 4 Philly shows and it was life changing. Made a new best mate and can't wait for the 2010 tour!

Do you belong to G2 crowd?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    40 and a die hard since Ten blew up.

Previous post mentioned a cassette, I remember them well.

Yield side A would end with Pilate and I would then have to hit FF so it could auto flip to DTE.

My auto's CD changer currently has Yield, Vs., Vitalogy, Backspacer, Lost Dogs 1, Merkinball

95% of the music I listen to is PJ.

Nothing else compares.

I Totally agree!!!!!!!!! NOTHING else compares!
  • Options
    Do you think we could band together and get an AARP group rate in a few years?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

i'm sure 10c will have a seniors discount by then. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

And...
    concerts will have to start at 2 PM so we don't miss our early bird dinners :lol:
    They will be playing Florida a lot more often
    the 10 C will have PJ hearing aids and dentures in the goods section
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

And...
    concerts will have to start at 2 PM so we don't miss our early bird dinners :lol:

bite your tongue!
    i plan on aging well. i do.
    hahaha.
    :mrgreen:

tho i am sure that will please the southern fans, no doubt!

don';t forget, deep issues will be printed in large font too. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396

And...

Well, if they play Florida more often, that'll suit me just fine. ;):D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:

10C tickets will be going on sale for Century Village Retirement Home in 2030. Only 1 per member since all your significant others have passed on...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    justam wrote:

10C tickets will be going on sale for Century Village Retirement Home in 2030. Only 1 per member since all your significant others have passed on...
    :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Just turned 46 today. Hello to all the other 'old' PJ fans out there. Would like to meet some fellow fans sometime. I live in Madison, WI. Let's get together!
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    53 this year.
    Never heard them until Eddie walked on stage with THE WHO in December 2000 - "what a voice"
    Been a fan ever since.
    Been a crazy fan since I first saw them in Milan 2006.

Milan
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    this thread is fantastic. great to see so many old timers me included into such a good no great band. and so enthusiastic. merry christmas to all. get this thread back on the first page of the porch!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    chelsea48 wrote:
    this thread is fantastic. great to see so many old timers me included into such a good no great band. and so enthusiastic. merry christmas to all. get this thread back on the first page of the porch!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    fuck me! that was quick :lol:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    Shit i'm sure we the older crowd can keep up just fine with any of the youngbloods here, we've proven we can last :lol::lol::) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    we're not old...we're refined

or just drunk :lol:
  • Options
    I agree. This is the first thread I've started. Looks like its going strong. Been reading us fans want to get together. Maybe we can all figure something out. How about when Jazz fest happens. Any ideas :mrgreen:
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    NO NO NO. YOU GOTTA GO WHERE PJ PERFORMS
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    After the Belfast and Berlin shows I will have been to 59 shows.
    The same number as my age.

Hold On
    Hold On
  • Options
    Do you think 10c will take my AARP card in the near future?

Merry Christmas everybody!

Dan
  • Options
    I won't hijack this, but feel free to join up at giventofly.net and create an over 40s group :)
  • Options
    I'm 52.
    I could use a friend.
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Merry Christmas Pearl Jam!
    Peace,
    Out.Of.My.Mind
    I'm alive

Phila. 03. Camden nights 1&2 03. Hershey 03. Boston 04. Reading 04. St Louis 04. Montreal 05. Ottawa 05. AC 05. Phila. 05. NY Letterman Show 06. E Rutherford nights 1&2 06. Camden nights 1&2 06. Denver nights 1&2 06. Hawaii 06. Grant Park, Chicago 07. Van Couver 08.(EV Solo) Camden nights 1&2 08. NY nights 1&2 08. Hartford 08. Mansfield 08. Newark 08.(EV Solo) Phila. nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Baltimore nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Honolulu night 2 09.(EV Solo) Salt Lake City 09. Phila Spectrum 10/27 10/28 & 10/31/09. Newark, NJ 05.18.10
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Haven't been on so much, mostly on FB now, but we definitely fit the bill! 54 and 60! Been here from the beginning and still going strong! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Merry Christmas <B' I sent you a message on FB.

I just had a birthday and I am at the point where I want to travel now, as much as I can. I see lots of people that have done their share of standing in lines at shows and they still are raring to go!

( of course then they have to sleep for two weeks)
    ;)
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi