Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    I'm in my 50's and I love Pearl Jam. I will never forget the first time I heard Black on the radio driving home one night in 1993. I did not know who they were then, but I got TEN and found out! No band has a sound like Pearl Jam, I listen to them all the time. I went to MSG1 2008, my first PJ concert and loved every minute of it.

My friends are not into PJ, so it is nice to come on here and talk about the band to people who feel the same way.

Pearl Jam keeps me young!
    cobalt28
  • Options
    cobalt28 wrote:
    I'm in my 50's and I love Pearl Jam. I will never forget the first time I heard Black on the radio driving home one night in 1993. I did not know who they were then, but I got TEN and found out! No band has a sound like Pearl Jam, I listen to them all the time. I went to MSG1 2008, my first PJ concert and loved every minute of it.

My friends are not into PJ, so it is nice to come on here and talk about the band to people who feel the same way.

Me too. Over 40ish. My friends think I'm crazy. Been to one of there concerts? Go. Meet some of us there.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    I hope they do MSG in 2010, It would be great to go and meet some fans.
    cobalt28
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Bump for the new year.

For anyone who thinks "old" people can't rock may I remind you that Mick Jagger is rounding 70 and Pete Townsend isn't exactly in his 20s anymore.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I'm 51, Mother of 3 and Grandma to 5...still Jammin' and always will be. Hope to meet many of you at some of our next shows :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    cobalt28 wrote:

Cobalt28...I gotcha! I first heard Pearl Jam and Bad Radio when my young teenage son was in that hiding in my room all day with my music blasting stage. It's been a while & he's now about the age that I was then...I fell in love with Eddie immediately and am more in love today than I've ever been!

Used to be I'd take the kids to see PJ, now they take me...how cool is that? LOL! I'm lovin' it!

Hope to see you at Philly or NYC!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    I'm 51, Mother of 3 and Grandma to 5...still Jammin' and always will be. Hope to meet many of you at some of our next shows :D

So cool to see so many people in my age group still lovin this band. My son is only 13 and just beginning his touring journey and already has attended 5 shows. He was raised on this music and it's so much a part of his life as it is mine and really awesome we can share this together now. Can't wait until he starts taking mom to shows :lol: . Although I must admit that Philly and G2 damn near killed me this past fall - he loved it :lol: . Hope to meet many of you at the shows (fingers crossed) this spring.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options

So cool to see so many people in my age group still lovin this band. My son is only 13 and just beginning his touring journey and already has attended 5 shows. He was raised on this music and it's so much a part of his life as it is mine and really awesome we can share this together now. Can't wait until he starts taking mom to shows :lol: . Although I must admit that Philly and G2 damn near killed me this past fall - he loved it :lol: . Hope to meet many of you at the shows (fingers crossed) this spring.
    Us older and long true fans have to get together somehow before each concert. We all need to keep in touch :wave: PS enjoyed your quote re Jazz Fest. May be pm you about working on the 9th ward. Great idea. If us fans could just give a few hours of work wouldn't that be great IN THE NAME OF PEARL JAM :clap::clap:
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
  • Options

It IS SO COOL when your kids start taking YOU to the shows....all 3 of my grown kids (one even came out from Seattle) took me to the Camden shows a couple of years ago. They had the time of their lives making fun of me and my (long-ago-ingrained) DeadHead dancing! LOL!
    We all had a fantastic time...I couldn't recommend a better way to go!
    Keep on Jammin'! :>0x<:
    Us older and long true fans have to get together somehow before each concert. We all need to keep in touch :wave: PS enjoyed your quote re Jazz Fest. May be pm you about working on the 9th ward. Great idea. If us fans could just give a few hours of work wouldn't that be great IN THE NAME OF PEARL JAM :clap::clap:

Pumpkinhead>>>do you go to any ofthe Pre-Show Parties? We could all meet up there...OR..do a G2 type thing and meet before the show...that would be great....Let's all trade emails OR keep a list of 10C user namesfrom this thread OR somehow keep this this little group in contact.....IDEAS people?
    Lovin' this! <3
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    46 here . . . . . . :D
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • Options

It IS SO COOL when your kids start taking YOU to the shows....all 3 of my grown kids (one even came out from Seattle) took me to the Camden shows a couple of years ago. They had the time of their lives making fun of me and my (long-ago-ingrained) DeadHead dancing! LOL!
    Keep on Jammin'! :>0x<:

Great idea! But duh. I don't mean to sound stupid. I just joined the club. What or how is the pre-show party. I wanta-no I need- to know. Please tell me. Thanks :wave:

Pumpkinhead>>>do you go to any ofthe Pre-Show Parties? We could all meet up there...OR..do a G2 type thing and meet before the show...that would be great....Let's all trade emails OR keep a list of 10C user namesfrom this thread OR somehow keep this this little group in contact.....IDEAS people?
    Lovin' this! <3
  • Options
    I_Am_MikeI_Am_Mike Posts: 222
    I_Am_Mike wrote:
    40 and still went to 3 of the 4 philly shows. been a fan since i saw them at rec hall (psu) opening for smashing pumpkins and red hot chili peppers in '01. i'm too far gone and too deeply addicted to quit now.....

I saw them on that tour also it was 91 8-) ...

doh! i stand corrected. you know they say the first thing to go is memory...
  • Options
    Jezza44Jezza44 Posts: 25
    cobalt28 wrote:

Good post my friend.I feel all so young sat here reading this in my PJ hoddy,and very proud to do so at 46!!!
  • Options

Us older and long true fans have to get together somehow before each concert. :

Theres a geriatric meet up spot for you guys already. Rows 3-5. :lol:
  • Options

Keep on Jammin'!

Lovin' this! <3

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Us Prime folks must meet up before Jazz Fest!! Lets keep in touch with this thread and between now and then we can figure out a watering hole or a tea room for us to meet at. :lol: Maybe some local primers can give us some :idea: ideas?
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    You ladies make me jelouse. I would love to have a group of fellow old bishes to head bang with.
    ROCK ON. :D
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    You ladies make me jelouse. I would love to have a group of fellow old bishes to head bang with.

Jo....

Make a 10C thread for your area...OR
    Facebook Or....
    just check out the 10C profiles in your area and chat with some ppl ...maybe you'll find locals...
    you get the idea.

That's what I did over on FB and I have so many new Jammer friends it's terrific!

Good luck! :)

Jo
    ( two Jo's...good deal! )
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Jo wrote:

Jo....

Make a 10C thread for your area...OR
    Facebook Or....
    just check out the 10C profiles in your area and chat with some ppl ...maybe you'll find locals...
    you get the idea.

That's what I did over on FB and I have so many new Jammer friends it's terrific!

Good luck! :)

Yea, I AM trying, but you know what?
    I think, thier thinking I'm to old to hang out with......
    Or maybe thier worried I'll show them up cause they don't know how to ROCK! :mrgreen:
    I always have a sore neck the next day :roll:
    Cheers to a Pearlin Twenty Ten. CLINK!

Jo
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    45, fan and concert-goer since 91, pretty sure the 4 nights in Philly took some time off my life...

as long as my concert count surpasses my number of prostate exams, I will consider this whole thing a success...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    Yea, I AM trying, but you know what?
    I think, thier thinking I'm to old to hang out with......
    Or maybe thier worried I'll show them up cause they don't know how to ROCK! :mrgreen:
    I always have a sore neck the next day :roll:
    Cheers to a Pearlin Twenty Ten. CLINK!

Jo

NEVER too old!! ~ there are plenty of us out here...just ask around you'll find us...by the way..what area are you in?

Rock On~
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    At my most recent PJ gig August 2009 it was just great to look around at the crowd and see such a great range of ages, from late teens up to the 50 plus...incl me @ 52.
    Looking forward to my next gig in Dublin June 2010. :D
  • Options
    elderman wrote:
    At my most recent PJ gig August 2009 it was just great to look around at the crowd and see such a great range of ages, from late teens up to the 50 plus...incl me @ 52.
    Looking forward to my next gig in Dublin June 2010. :D

Right up there with you Elderman...it is sooo cool isn't it?

Age doesn't really seem to matter so much after you hit 30, am I right? :D
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    42, Bristol UK.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    IamTom wrote:
    42, Bristol UK.
    Welcome aboard! See ya in London! :D
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    phungi wrote:
    45, fan and concert-goer since 91, pretty sure the 4 nights in Philly took some time off my life...

as long as my concert count surpasses my number of prostate exams, I will consider this whole thing a success...

really, if anything...i would think it ADDED to mine.
    but then again, what do i know? i'm "only" 41. ;)

:mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    but then again, what do i know? i'm "only" 41.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    :wave: :wave: :wave: Here you are!! Are any of you in Arizona?? Would love to jam out with you! I'm over 40, travel around to see Pearl Jam, or what I call The Greatest Show on Earth, but have yet to find a single someone whose birth date is below 1970! I'll check back often.....thanks for the thread! :clap:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    bgirl59 wrote:
    :wave: :wave: :wave: Here you are!! Are any of you in Arizona?? Would love to jam out with you! I'm over 40, travel around to see Pearl Jam, or what I call The Greatest Show on Earth, but have yet to find a single someone whose birth date is below 1970! I'll check back often.....thanks for the thread! :clap:
    This is the place to meet the under 1970 crowd. You're not alone. My number is way below 1970. Nice to meet you. I don't live in Arizona. Florida instead. Hope to meet you on our travels. You going to Jazz Fest or Europe.
  • Options
    bgirl59 wrote:
    This is the place to meet the under 1970 crowd. You're not alone. My number is way below 1970. Nice to meet you. I don't live in Arizona. Florida instead. Hope to meet you on our travels. You going to Jazz Fest or Europe.

Yes, yes, mine too, waaaayyyy below :P

Philly area here. See you all in Philly, NYC, Upstate NY, possibly Mass, DC, Western PA, etc..you get the idea.
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    bgirl59 wrote:

Yes, yes, mine too, waaaayyyy below :P

Philly area here. See you all in Philly, NYC, Upstate NY, possibly Mass, DC, Western PA, etc..you get the idea.
    SEE YOU DIDN'T GO TO SINGLE PHILLY SHOW LAST YEAR??