Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    47 and going strong! :thumbup:
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    43 here!
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    I might as well join the crowd. I'm over 40 ;)
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    Merry Xmas all you old bastards and non old bastards! Being just 69 days older than EV fills me with Xmas cheer cause the band will never grow old to me!
    10.19.91 Ames IA, 09.12.92 Irvine, 06.24.95 San Fran, 11.04.95 San Jose, 07.14.98 L.A, 07.21.98 Seattle, 10.22.00 Vegas "snuck into 10 year ann. afterparty", 10.28.00 San Bernardino, 10.31.00 Mountain View, 11.06.00 Seattle, 11.05.00 Seattle, 06.03.03 Irvine, 06.03.04 Irvine, 07.09.06 L.A, 04.13.08 LA (Ed Solo), 09.30.09 L.A., met Eddie Vedder! 10.07.09 L.A., PJ plays setlist I had input on with PW! Wow!
  • Options
    LandojamLandojam Posts: 163
    Turned 43 on the 20th of this month. Still rocken to PJ!
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    nice 1st post..not 40 yet :D
    THANKS- THREAD IS GOING STRONG
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I turned 51 a few weeks ago, Dec 9th.
    In '08 my hubby & I took his daughter (now 34) and her fiance to see PJ at MSG. Hubby and I (he's 54) never sat, we danced through each show in their entirety. Afterwards the two 30 somethings complained about having to stand up all night, :lol:
    In '06 on my 48th birthday I climbed Diamondhead then went to the U2/PJ show at Aloha Stadium. Was 2nd row at Blaisdell a week before that.
    In '96 on my 38th birthday I got my first tattoo, a stickman.
    And somewhere in the early 90s I heard Hunger Strike and that got me hooked on the music and a baritone voice that to this day still give me joy and get me through all the bullsh!t that life throws at us.

Us old peeps have endurance as well as great taste in music! :ugeek:
  • Options
    40 and still went to 3 of the 4 philly shows. been a fan since i saw them at rec hall (psu) opening for smashing pumpkins and red hot chili peppers in '01. i'm too far gone and too deeply addicted to quit now.....
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    57 and been a fan since vinyl/cassette days.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    VERY WISE QUOTE. BEEN THERE WITH YOU. VINYL/CASSETES I MEAN
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    i have been a pj freak since i first heard eddies voice on [alive] 92 and cant get enough of the band and eddies voice. He IS the god of music seen him four time am hoping to see again in 2010 if i can .i know there playing Hyde park but im at Glastonbury so am hoping the ll play the Saturday i need them to play Saturday i mean lol. oh yea im 41 bring the festives on!
  • Options
    How does being over 40 make you old? WTF? Why are some people so surprised that we still like rock music? Gotta vent here, I've been hearing this crap since I turned 30. I don't believe personalities change as soon as a person reaches a certain age. If you take care of yourself you will not get old.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    How does being over 40 make you old? WTF? Why are some people so surprised that we still like rock music? Gotta vent here, I've been hearing this crap since I turned 30. I don't believe personalities change as soon as a person reaches a certain age. If you take care of yourself you will not get old.
    Wait till you hit 50. People act like its fuckin amazing that I still love to go to shows. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    I'm in! 47 Ten and MTV Unplugged did it for me... Finally got to see them live 4 times past year 1/2. Nothing else can compare!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,349
    I_Am_Mike wrote:
    40 and still went to 3 of the 4 philly shows. been a fan since i saw them at rec hall (psu) opening for smashing pumpkins and red hot chili peppers in '01. i'm too far gone and too deeply addicted to quit now.....

I saw them on that tour also it was 91 8-) ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I didn't pay much attention until I saw them live at Memorial Stadium ( I had two kids- one being quite time intensive- & it had been quite a while since I had been able to go to a show).
    THen I was hooked, but it was another while before I joined the TenClub, and then when I renewed I had two subscriptions for a while, I never did figure out if when the accounts were consolidated they were corrected for my original join date, or bumped to the later account.

But as long as they are playing, I will be going to shows- & I credit their involvement with local bands, especially Mike McCready, for expanding my interest into lots of other music.

Might as well take advantage of living in Seattle.
    :thumbup:
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options

the_look4.jpg

52 years young and loving it! Haven't been accused of being old... yet.
    Peace,
    Out.Of.My.Mind
    I'm alive

Phila. 03. Camden nights 1&2 03. Hershey 03. Boston 04. Reading 04. St Louis 04. Montreal 05. Ottawa 05. AC 05. Phila. 05. NY Letterman Show 06. E Rutherford nights 1&2 06. Camden nights 1&2 06. Denver nights 1&2 06. Hawaii 06. Grant Park, Chicago 07. Van Couver 08.(EV Solo) Camden nights 1&2 08. NY nights 1&2 08. Hartford 08. Mansfield 08. Newark 08.(EV Solo) Phila. nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Baltimore nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Honolulu night 2 09.(EV Solo) Salt Lake City 09. Phila Spectrum 10/27 10/28 & 10/31/09. Newark, NJ 05.18.10
  • Options
    Wait till you hit 50. People act like its fuckin amazing that I still love to go to shows. :roll:
    Well, those are the people that will automatically switch from liking rock to liking elevator music as soon as they turn 50 (or 40 or 30) Not us!!! :P
  • Options

the_look4.jpg

Peace,
    Out.Of.My.Mind

See, that's what I'm talkin' about! Keeping healthy and looking good!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    the_look4.jpg

Peace,
    Out.Of.My.Mind

No way ... you must have typed the numbers in the wrong order. You look 25. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for that compliment E.K.
    I'm alive

Phila. 03. Camden nights 1&2 03. Hershey 03. Boston 04. Reading 04. St Louis 04. Montreal 05. Ottawa 05. AC 05. Phila. 05. NY Letterman Show 06. E Rutherford nights 1&2 06. Camden nights 1&2 06. Denver nights 1&2 06. Hawaii 06. Grant Park, Chicago 07. Van Couver 08.(EV Solo) Camden nights 1&2 08. NY nights 1&2 08. Hartford 08. Mansfield 08. Newark 08.(EV Solo) Phila. nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Baltimore nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Honolulu night 2 09.(EV Solo) Salt Lake City 09. Phila Spectrum 10/27 10/28 & 10/31/09. Newark, NJ 05.18.10
  • Options
    LoveboatkarenLoveboatkaren Posts: 123
    edited December 2009

the_look4.jpg

Peace,
    Out.Of.My.Mind

See, that's what I'm talkin' about! Keeping healthy and looking good!

I know what you mean...about 15yrs ago, Smashing Pumkins were on SNL and my friends were like, you like these guys? I said to them..what am I suppose to listen to, Frank Sinatra?
    Post edited by Loveboatkaren on
  • Options
    MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    i'm 43 and have been listening to pearl jam since early '90's. it's funny cause i used to totally blast 'ten' and jump around the house with my newborn son and sing him all the songs. he's 16 now and the greatest thing for me was taking him to his first pj concert and boy did he luck out - the final show at the spectrum was his first. it was just so cool to experience my favorite band with him.
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606

I'm just 42......but I still make them "mixtapes" :D
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    47. Quit smoking 2 years ago, started exercising 1 year ago. In the best shape of my life! You are as young as you feel
  • Options
    LDBLDB Posts: 41
    I'm 48 and yes you are as young as you feel. For a minute at the Spectrum show and again at a Bruce show this year my legs were starting to burn out and then I remembered, they are working alot harder than I am and do it night after night. If they can do it for us then I can give my energy back to them. Imagine the pain and arthritis Pete Townsend must feel when he spins that arm around but he still does it for us.

And to the younger fans who are "suprised" to see "us" at shows, remember PJ's age. They are part of our generation and we understand where they are coming from. We grew up with the same musical hero's and icons. When EV talks about The Jackson 5 Grts hits being his 1st album I get it cause it was mine, 2nd was 3 Dog Night and then Rolling Stones #3 and The Who #5. I will never forget how many times I played those albums.

Rock and Roll keeps us all young. No retreat baby, no surrender.

We're all still ALIVE....
  • Options
    BiaBia Posts: 32
    I'am 47.

I have 2 sons (13 and 18) and we listen to PJ together everyday. We love do it. PJ connected us in the amazing way. We have the same music taste...and it's so rare nowadays.

I believe it's not about age....it's about good taste for music :!:

I wish you all a happy new year. :lol::lol::lol:
    I know all the rules but the rules do not know me!

12/04/2005 - Rio de Janeiro

• Options
    JR8805JR8805 Posts: 169
    I'm about 5-1/2 years older than Eddie. Time flies when you're having fun!
  • Options
    I'm 42, and went to three shows at the Spectrum. Took my kids, 13 and 19, each to one of the shows. We all love Pearl Jam, but I'm the biggest fanatic in our house! :lol:
  • Options
    You know, it's good to see the younger generation likes Pearl Jam too!