Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Summer of Love Baby here... 44. Been listening to PJ since about '93-94, first show was '95 Cal Expo "Look at all this stuff!"

My first concert was a Beatles tribute band, Rain.

My second concert was Ozzy Osbourne at the Oakland Arena with Brad Gillis right after Randy had died.
    I saw Metallica before Ride the Lightning was released (and saw them open for Kiss) and I was at the epic Cow Palace show of Fastway, Saxxon and Iron Maiden in the early 80s -- or was that Yngwie, Metallica and Iron Maiden, well that one was epic too! Rush 10x. The Dead 30+ times. Heck, I've seen James Taylor at least 6-8x (gotta keep the lady happy).

And Soundgarden just kicked my ass! Can't wait for Vancouver!

Or the Bridge!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Darn it! I'm 36-and-a-half, but this is a cool club I'd like to join. Even if I have to wait.

Never thought I'd need a fake ID at this age! :)

Been rocking since 92-93, and now I have to think about what I say around "kids" in their teens and 20's. I still assume everybody knows how awesome this band is, but sometimes I get "the look" or the dreaded question "they are still around?" I always stay pleasant, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about how unfortunate it is that Pearl Jam fell out of the public eye so much that all these youngsters have missed the experience.

Anyway, keep rockin, ya old farts! :lol:
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    acutejam wrote:

Or the Bridge!

Some of us are hopeful, aren't we? :P

and you were at Soundgarden???? dude we keep missing each other!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    Darn it! I'm 36-and-a-half, but this is a cool club I'd like to join. Even if I have to wait.

Never thought I'd need a fake ID at this age! :)

Been rocking since 92-93, and now I have to think about what I say around "kids" in their teens and 20's. I still assume everybody knows how awesome this band is, but sometimes I get "the look" or the dreaded question "they are still around?" I always stay pleasant, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about how unfortunate it is that Pearl Jam fell out of the public eye so much that all these youngsters have missed the experience.

Anyway, keep rockin, ya old farts! :lol:

Dat's funneeee!!! :lol:
  • Options
    42 with the "laugh lines" to prove it . damn it. ;)
    love PJ, always have & always will.
    PJ 17/3/95, 3/3/98, 18/2/03, 16/11/06, 20/11/09 Melb & Qld 25/11/09
    EV 15/3/11 Canberra, 24/25th in Melbourne Australia & PJ20 East Troy USA 3/4th Sept 2011
  • Options
    E.K Hi there, fan over 60, already posted!!!!!!!!
    1996 London
    2000 London
    2006 Jools Holland, London
    2007 London
    2009 SBE London
    2009 O2 London
    2010 London
    2012 MEN 1&2, Berlin 1&2. EV Solo London 1&2
    2013 NY1, NY2, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2014 Ams 1, Ams 2, Leeds
    2016 Toronto 1
    2018 London 02 1&2
    2018 Barcelona

• Options
    Made of StarsMade of Stars Milwaukee, WI Posts: 185
    Turned 58 on July 31st. Warmed up for PJ20 by spending this past weekend at Lollapalooza. Standing in ankle deep mud and pouring rain for my 1st Foo Fighters show was probably one of the best non-PJ concert experiences ever :thumbup: :clap:
    Be kind whenever possible.
    It is always possible.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Turned 41 today, life is great!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    I was way way grown up when Pearl Jam started. :lol::lol::lol:
    I looking to connect with fans over 40. The fans that grew up listening to PJ and still do. Lets connect.

if i may, if you're over 40 that means you pretty much started listening to pearl jam when you was all growns up already ;)

old heads! :mrgreen:
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,477
    Turned 58 on July 31st. Warmed up for PJ20 by spending this past weekend at Lollapalooza. Standing in ankle deep mud and pouring rain for my 1st Foo Fighters show was probably one of the best non-PJ concert experiences ever :thumbup: :clap:

Good on you brother :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Thanks for this thread, I thought I was the only one! Any over-40s going to Alpine?
    tinyurl.com/PJ20x
  • Options
    LandojamLandojam Posts: 163
    Thanks for this thread, I thought I was the only one! Any over-40s going to Alpine?
    +1 :D
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    Me and Helljoe going to PJ20 and Canada tour. :D:D
    Landojam wrote:
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
  • Options
    Me and Helljoe going to PJ20 and Canada tour. :D:D
    Landojam wrote:

Cool, I will be at PJ20 & the Vancouver show.
    tinyurl.com/PJ20x
  • Options
    pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    edited August 2011
    So where are the oldies staying at for PJ20 8-)8-)8-)
    Post edited by pumpkinhead on
  • Options
    angiebabyazangiebabyaz Tucson, AZ Posts: 148
    I'm 41. Saw Pearl Jam for the first time at Lollapalooza '92 and I've enjoyed the ride ever since. Proud to say I have introduced my 17 year old daughter's friends to Pearl Jam. A couple of the guys wanted to watch Imagine in Cornice and now we have some new PJ fans. My parents are now fans thank to a "mixtape" I made for them with some of my favorite songs. Good music is good music, no matter how old you are. See you in Alpine :D
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,477
    I'm 41. Saw Pearl Jam for the first time at Lollapalooza '92 and I've enjoyed the ride ever since. Proud to say I have introduced my 17 year old daughter's friends to Pearl Jam. A couple of the guys wanted to watch Imagine in Cornice and now we have some new PJ fans. My parents are now fans thank to a "mixtape" I made for them with some of my favorite songs. Good music is good music, no matter how old you are. See you in Alpine :D

Very true, I'm doing the same with our 13 yr daughter, she enjoys them, some of her friends don't even know who they are, but she is trying to get them to listen to some of the songs. The wife and I are taking her to see PJ in toronto for her first concert experience, told her you are about to witness one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever. Told her in another 10-15 yrs when everyone (her age) is saying to her I wish I could see these guys live, she will be able to tell them, oh yeah I saw them when I was 13 :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Pumpkinhead I am hoping to finally meet you at PJ20. We almost met at Voodoo Festival in 09???. It is nice to see other 'older' fans. I just turned 52 : )
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    We almost met at Jazz Fest. Will PM you ok :D
    Pumpkinhead I am hoping to finally meet you at PJ20. We almost met at Voodoo Festival in 09???. It is nice to see other 'older' fans. I just turned 52 : )
  • Options
    angiebabyazangiebabyaz Tucson, AZ Posts: 148
    BLACK35 wrote:

Very true, I'm doing the same with our 13 yr daughter, she enjoys them, some of her friends don't even know who they are, but she is trying to get them to listen to some of the songs. The wife and I are taking her to see PJ in toronto for her first concert experience, told her you are about to witness one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever. Told her in another 10-15 yrs when everyone (her age) is saying to her I wish I could see these guys live, she will be able to tell them, oh yeah I saw them when I was 13 :D

That's so great! I'll take the kids one of these days...right now my husband is on his way to becoming a huge fan too so he looks forward to seeing them as much as I do. Always asking me when are we going to our next show. :shock:
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • Options
    So where are the oldies staying at for PJ20 8-)8-)8-)

In Milwaukee at Hyatt Airport.
    tinyurl.com/PJ20x
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    edited August 2011
    I don't understand the big deal about Pearl Jam fans being over 40. All of the band members are over the age of 40 so wouldn't a lot of their fans also be? Not everyone got into Pearl Jam when they were a teenager. It's ok to start liking a rock band when you are aged in your 20s or 30s ya know. :)
    Post edited by EKluvsPJ on
  • Options
    My father in law is 59 and is coming with me. MSG night 1 2010 blew him away.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    My father in law is 59 and is coming with me. MSG night 1 2010 blew him away.

:clap::)
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    BLACK35 - we took our now 14 year old son to see PJ last summer. As it was a festival and he'd been to festivals before we thought he'd enjoy it. No such luck, he wasn't a happy bunny. I'm hoping that as he gets older he'll appreciate the fact that he went a bit more :D
  • Options
    Is anyone in the Madison, WI area? I would love to meet some Jammers around here. I went to the PJ20 movie by campus and there were maybe 30 people there. And most were college students. Not too many PJ fans around, at least I haven't been fortunate enough to meet any. Is there anybody out there?
  • Options
    Congratulations on your 58th Birthday! My Birthday is July 30th. I'm 54 and very pleased with myself. Having Birthdays are great! They say we're getting older...but I say we're getting better. Much better. :thumbup:
    Keep on Rockin' with Pearl Jam! Hope you didn't forget to make a wish. :clap:
    I'm alive

Phila. 03. Camden nights 1&2 03. Hershey 03. Boston 04. Reading 04. St Louis 04. Montreal 05. Ottawa 05. AC 05. Phila. 05. NY Letterman Show 06. E Rutherford nights 1&2 06. Camden nights 1&2 06. Denver nights 1&2 06. Hawaii 06. Grant Park, Chicago 07. Van Couver 08.(EV Solo) Camden nights 1&2 08. NY nights 1&2 08. Hartford 08. Mansfield 08. Newark 08.(EV Solo) Phila. nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Baltimore nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Honolulu night 2 09.(EV Solo) Salt Lake City 09. Phila Spectrum 10/27 10/28 & 10/31/09. Newark, NJ 05.18.10
  • Options
    I would just like to thank all you old bastards for supporting this band when i was still in diapers!!! Couldn't imagine life without them.

-21 year old fan
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443
    gotsome420 wrote:
    I would just like to thank all you old bastards for supporting this band when i was still in diapers!!! Couldn't imagine life without them.

-21 year old fan

HEY!! That's MR./MRS/MS. Old Bastard to you sonny boy> :lol:

No problems man, and welcome aboard young buck.
  • Options
    ^ That is incredible. I mean, I guess you must not even remember the HUGE days of the early 90's when anything labeled 'grunge' (aptly or not) ruled the airwaves. Glad you found your way to being a fan, even though you missed the early days. :)

Still, I wouldn't have missed the early days for the world. I was listening the first time a PJ song was played on the airwaves in my city....and I'm glad I was there for that. I remember thinking, from the first moment, that THIS was a band with something special. And I've never let go of that opinion, in 20+ years. And thank goodness...because through both good times and bad, I've had this music to get me through. Wouldn't be without it now.