Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    All you young whippersnappers out there youve got it all to come.This is what happened to me over the age of 40!!
    1.Became a dad with the arrival of two beautiful twin daughters.
    2.Got married for the first(and only) time,to my amazing girl friend.
    3.We bought the house of our dreams.
    4.Saw Pearl Jam at the O2.
    5.Bought the Ten boxset.
    It goes on,believe me,life does begin at 40!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Bird889 wrote:
    51 and felt like 101 after rocking out at all four Philly shows (never sat once).

Funny thing is that I have such a blast at the shows meeting and hanging out with the young people (age 30). :D

Two weeks after the Philly shows I took my wife and parents on a cruise...I was soooo bored, I felt I had nothing in common with any of the other travelers. I kept having the urge to ask others on the ship if they caught any of the Philly shows...but didn't want to have to explain what a Pearl Jam was.

At least I was able to show off my new PJ tattoo around the pool...

Great to see PJ have fans this age! I'm getting close myself, well and truly over 40, dont look it, dont act it. And I'm thinking of getting a PJ tatt too, am I too old?
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Jezza44 wrote:
    All you young whippersnappers out there youve got it all to come.This is what happened to me over the age of 40!!
    1.Became a dad with the arrival of two beautiful twin daughters.
    2.Got married for the first(and only) time,to my amazing girl friend.
    3.We bought the house of our dreams.
    4.Saw Pearl Jam at the O2.
    5.Bought the Ten boxset.
    It goes on,believe me,life does begin at 40!!! :D:D:D:D:D

According to Jeff 40 is the new 30. And how good are all the guys well and truly into their 40s? I'd like to be able to skate like Jeff can, and surf like Eddie.
  • Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    Hit 52 this year and enjoyed standing at London 02 this summer.....next summer its Dublins turn.
    Thought I might be the oldest here but hats off the "NoOnesRival" NOW SHE IS SOME LADY.
  • Options
    I'm in ~ turned 50 last June.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    eyeameyeam Western Mass. Posts: 37
    I just turned 49, fell in love with PJ's music when I was 31 (a.k.a. 1992). Can't imagine life without PJ or without PJ fans. I love what a broad range of ages we are; it was that way from the start.
    Hartford ’98. Columbus ’00. Seattle 2 ’02. Albany, Buffalo, Montreal, Hershey ’03. Boston 1 ’04. Montreal, Ottawa, St. John’s 1 ’05. Toronto 1,2, Albany, Camden 1,2 ’06. Camden 1,2, Hartford, Mansfield 1,2 ’08. Toronto, Chicago 1, Phila 1-4 ’09. Columbus, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston ’10. Missoula ’12. Worcester 2, Hartford ’13. Fenway 1,2 ’16. Québec City, Ottawa ’20. Québec City, Ottawa, Camden ’22. Chicago 1,2, Noblesville ’23. Noblesville, Fenway 1,2  ’24.
    EV Montreal 1,2 ’08. Albany 1,2, Baltimore 1,2, Nashville 1,2 ’09. Hartford ’11.
  • Options
    lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    ...48 here, also felt an immediate connection to the music at 30. Was glad to see some fans my age in San Diego! But I gotta tell you, the stairs from the floor to get out were a killer!
  • Options
    41 here
  • Options
    checking in
  • Options
    50 and still playing guitar and going to Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    I will be 49 on December 30. I got into PJ after collecting the 2000 Euro Bootlegs...listen to them virtually everyday! If Nirvana was the Beatles, then PJ is the Stones of "your" generation. At this point PJ is at their Tattoo You period...it could go either way from here...its all good as long as they tour!
    High and Inside, Low and Away
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    Count me in.
    Ive been going to concerts since '77 and have seen over 300 shows. i think my age gives me some perspective-- Pearl Jam is one of the best ive ever seen and currently has no equal.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    I turned 54 in October.......I have made some of the best memories of my life at PJ shows.Now,if I remember to take my Ginko I can remember some of them.Everyone that busted on me for being a fan is now captivated by"Just Breathe".Go figure.
  • Options
    Just turned 50 in September :o . Passed the top & now over the hill, things move a lot faster going down hill :? . I may be getting too old for this. I can now only make 3 out of the 4 Phish NYE run shows ;) . Will take the 30th off for some rest :lol: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    45 here, introduced my 17 year old daughter to Pearl Jam so that the family tradition can live on! Love this band!
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    40 and going strong, just waiting on PJ to play NYC :)
  • Options
    43 and shrinking...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    43 and shrinking...

:shock:
    i hope you just mean height and not.... :o;):lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    43 and shrinking...

shrinkage.jpg

:wave:
  • Options
    Hi everybody !
    43 and still rocking with PJ . i listen them since 1991 , saw them the first time IN Paris in 1992 in a little place
    they played at midnight we were about 100 people and i took a BLAST ! Never stop to listen them since this date
    Saw them 6 time and go to Dublin , Belsfast , Arras and Werchter in 2010 .
    They still rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And we all still rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    I'm 51 and have been a fan since 1992...I still can't believe how LAME some people in my age group are! They think PJ is head banger music...really,get with it!
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    39 here, 40 next sept. been a fan since the very begining, first seen them at cathouse glasgow in 1992, bout 200 in the audience.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    52. My earliest recollection of Pearl Jam is sliding the Ten CASETTE tape into the player in the mini-van with two kids in car seats in the back. The wife & I have both been big fans forever but only recently ('06) did we manage to start going to the shows. We finally realized the kids probably would NOT burn down the house while we were gone & also realized "it's only a house". Now our oldest kid comes with us to shows when he can.
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    49 here and still going strong ... ;) no shrinkin here :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    What better way to have my 1st Post than to connect with the over 40 PJ crowd.

I am 41. Been a huge fan since Summer of '92.
  • Options
    55, but feel like I'm 17 when I'm at a concert! My daughter (my PJ buddy) tells me I could pass for mid-40's -- and that's a compliment at my age!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    KCjam wrote:
    What better way to have my 1st Post than to connect with the over 40 PJ crowd.

I am 41. Been a huge fan since Summer of '92.

Wellcome :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    velogator wrote:
    45 here, introduced my 17 year old daughter to Pearl Jam so that the family tradition can live on! Love this band!

crazy how pearl jam reaches everyone.. im 19 and heres you saying you have a 17 year old daughter :lol:
  • Options
    40 and a die hard since Ten blew up.

Previous post mentioned a cassette, I remember them well.

Yield side A would end with Pilate and I would then have to hit FF so it could auto flip to DTE.

My auto's CD changer currently has Yield, Vs., Vitalogy, Backspacer, Lost Dogs 1, Merkinball

95% of the music I listen to is PJ.

Nothing else compares.
  • Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    95% of the music I listen to is PJ.

Nothing else compares.
    The weird and wonderful thing with me is I am listening to classical stuff, minimalist pieces like Arvo Part, Gorecki, Steve Reich and Kronos Quartet, piano guy Keith Jarrett, then I put on PJ. Guess its about 75% PJ.
    Been a fan since 1993 when I was 36...yea wrong side of 50 now.