Options

fans over 40

Comments

• Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    This is an inspiring thread! I am 33, but the friends I hang out with are 40 - 50. I value their wisdom and support!
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Those of you, who may know me from touring, facebook, here, RM whatever, will know what I always say. But I'll repeat it here anyway:

I ain't old as long as my heroes are on stage, kicking ass!!!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    42 and still rockin' w/ PJ!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    I turn 40 at the end of February.
  • Options
    we are everywhere
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Just turned 40 last month...and FUCK am I feeling my age this month :lol: !!

LOVE your Avatar!

The famous 4/11/94 Boston Garden show... yes?
    (my first PJ show.. still have the ticket stub)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    CONGRATS. We are the best of the PJ fans.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    Got AARP? ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    This thread is funny.
    Here I was thinking I was just an Old Fart having a fun time with the Young ones on the board and find out we're all old farts!
    Ha, we're still rocking our heads off!
    I reckon it's the music we listen to, it keeps us immature, oops, I mean young. 8-)
  • Options
    Yay! I love this thread. 39. Ever since I got told at the 10/31 show by a young and drunk collegiate type that I was old.. I was wondering. Now I feel better :D Rock on.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    locked wrote:
    considering the band is in THEIR 40's... it would make sense yes?

:!:

Yep. Makes perfect sense that a lot of fans would be in the same age group as the band.

Hello.

:wave:
  • Options
    OMG, I'm almost embarrased to say this, but I turned 40 the year "Ten" was released! I'd just gotten divorced from a guy who's musical tastes were way out of synch with my own, and a (somewhat younger) friend turned me on to PJ. I've been a mega-fan ever since! Bounced thru 2 LA shows this year, was black & blue and hoarse afterwards, but felt great! Those 2 nights were the highlight of 2009 for me. I guess I should grow up one of these days. :lol:
  • Options
    OMG, I'm almost embarrased to say this, but I turned 40 the year "Ten" was released! I'd just gotten divorced from a guy who's musical tastes were way out of synch with my own, and a (somewhat younger) friend turned me on to PJ. I've been a mega-fan ever since! Bounced thru 2 LA shows this year, was black & blue and hoarse afterwards, but felt great! Those 2 nights were the highlight of 2009 for me. I guess I should grow up one of these days. :lol:

Wow that's fantastic. Don't ever grow up, ok? :)
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    Just turned 41 this month!
    PJ is the only band I listen to (for the past 14 years)
    Seen them at least once every US tour :D
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    Well folks, I may be the oldest one to post - 52 years and counting!!! I was the dancing my butt off at Philly nights 3 and 4.

Happy Holiday everyone. Listening to Live at the Gorge, finished my last paper for the semester at night school and looking forward to a week off coming up!!!

Dan
  • Options
    Well folks, I may be the oldest one to post - 52 years and counting!!! I was the dancing my butt off at Philly nights 3 and 4.

Happy Holiday everyone. Listening to Live at the Gorge, finished my last paper for the semester at night school and looking forward to a week off coming up!!!

Dan

Did you see NoOnesRival's post? She wins. :)
  • Options
    i turn 40 january 5th... this thread makes 40 less of a scary age for me... ThANKS!
  • Options
    GOOD. I'm over 40 too. Went to philly concert and I was shocked at all the young fans. Going to many more concerts. I started this thread and it's making me feel better. I've been connecting with others through PM. It's great to chat with the REAL FANS. Take care.
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    43 - surfboard tat - pj mc license plates - fan since '91
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    THERE ARE MORE OF US AROUND THAN YOU THINK. GOING TO ANY CONCERTS???
  • Options

Have just been to one. Last month in Brisbane, Australia. 8-)
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    Got AARP? ;)
    Yup. :oops:

I'm double nickel. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

Dan

Oh, good, at least I WIN something! :D
    I hate to say it, but I'm actually older than Boom Gaspar! :o
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

Dan

Oh, good, at least I WIN something! :D
    I hate to say it, but I'm actually older than Boom Gaspar! :o

Respect!
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Hi everyone ,

im 37 been a long time fan since i heard the song Jeremy in my Aunties house early one morning on video hits back in the early nighties , and then that morning went and bought the cassette single down at cranbourne shopping centre and later the album ten, can still remember that shit since like it was yesterday , i have been to see them, 1 X 1995 melbourne tennis centre , 1 x 1998 Adelaide Thebby oval , 2003 X 1 Adelaide entertainment centre, 2 x 2006 rod laver arena , 3 x 2009 Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney . . . i am saving up so for my 40th birthday i hope to fly to where they are playing and see them. my misses says she has never meet anyone who puts a band in such a high place in there life as me and i say to her that i am not only dont worry , i love this band and there music so much , her and the kids i love first and formost in my life but pearljam is an equal second. There music speaks to me in every single part of my life and that will not change .

If any you guys wanna chat to me at all im on facebook add me im <!-- e --><a href="mailto:p72s@mail.com">p72s@mail.com</a><!-- e --> I live in Adelaide Australia and would love to chat to you all about the greatest band in the world .

Paul
  • Options
    KatVKatV Posts: 9
    I'm turning 45 on New Years Eve. It all started with Temple of the Dog...
    I live in Sweden and since Pearl Jam don't come here that often (not since 2000) I have not seen them live that many times. Last year I went to Berlin and Seattle and next year I will go to Dublin and Belfast :D . All my friends, family and colleagues at work think I'm totally crazy... But I don't care. I see it as a great opportunity to see different places around the world at the same time as I get to see the best band in the world perform live...

Happy holidays to all of you!!
  • Options
    KatV wrote:
    I'm turning 45 on New Years Eve. It all started with Temple of the Dog...
    I live in Sweden and since Pearl Jam don't come here that often (not since 2000) I have not seen them live that many times. Last year I went to Berlin and Seattle and next year I will go to Dublin and Belfast :D . All my friends, family and colleagues at work think I'm totally crazy... But I don't care. I see it as a great opportunity to see different places around the world at the same time as I get to see the best band in the world perform live...

Happy holidays to all of you!!
    I THINK YOUR GREAT. YOU HAVE TO ADMIT WE ARE DIFFERENT. AND THATS' GOOD. I'M ABOUT YOUR AGE. SINGLE. NO KIDS. MY COWORKERS THINK I'M CRAZY. BUT THAT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE JEALOUS. LOOK AT MOST PEOPLE OUR AGE. KIDS. HUSBAND. THEY DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR MONEY TO DO WHAT THEY WANT. WE DO. AND THAT'S GOING TO BE PJ. HOW WONDERFUL. :roll: :roll: I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND I'M GOING TO BELFAST AND LONDON. I'M CRAZY TO AND LOVING IT.
  • Options
    ive got hyde park booked. no stairs :lol:
  • Options
    chelsea48 wrote:
    ive got hyde park booked. no stairs :lol:
    ME TOO! NO STAIRS YEAH THAT HELPS. THANKS JP FOR LOOKING OUT FOR US :lol:
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    47 - ALIVE and NOT lookin in the REARVIEWMIRROR!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.