Options

THE OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:
    I know I'm crazy, but I'm actually getting excited about the upcoming season..check out the potential lineup:

1. Reyes
    2. Castillo
    3. Wright
    4. Beltran
    5. Bay
    6. Delgado
    7. Francoeur
    8. Molina

That's pretty fucking good..

...until you compare it to the back to back nl champs lineup. :mrgreen:

No, it's pretty fucking good..and if I remember correctly, when the lineup is healthy, the Mets handle the Phills fairly well head to head ;) ....anyway, the Jets are still going strong, so you can't shit on me just yet..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    PITCHING OMAR PITCHING
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    PITCHING OMAR PITCHING

But Omar is quick to point out that the same pitching staff and the team was picked by many to win the world series just a year ago....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    I know I'm crazy, but I'm actually getting excited about the upcoming season..check out the potential lineup:

1. Reyes
    2. Castillo
    3. Wright
    4. Beltran
    5. Bay
    6. Delgado
    7. Francoeur
    8. Molina

...until you compare it to the back to back nl champs lineup. :mrgreen:

No, it's pretty fucking good..and if I remember correctly, when the lineup is healthy, the Mets handle the Phills fairly well head to head ;) ....anyway, the Jets are still going strong, so you can't shit on me just yet..
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

good luck buddy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    good luck buddy

The lineup, even without Bay, went 11-7 vs. your team in 2008 ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    The Champ wrote:
    good luck buddy

A lot of good that did you....It's too early to start this one again. And what makes you think Delgado's coming back? I thought they were letting him go?
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    good luck buddy

A lot of good that did you....It's too early to start this one again. And what makes you think Delgado's coming back? I thought they were letting him go?

Jeags started it this time ;)...just once again pointing out the fact that the Mets have no problem handling the Phills head to head...they can't handle themselves, lucky for you...but yeah, we should at least wait till the Jets and Eagles get knocked out...

Oh and about Delgado, the Mets are giving him a chance to earn the spot...if healthy, pencil in..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    PITCHING OMAR PITCHING

But Omar is quick to point out that the same pitching staff and the team was picked by many to win the world series just a year ago....
    those "experts" sure knew what they were talking bout huh. Our pitching staff flat out sucks.

• Options
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Jeags started it this time ;)...just once again pointing out the fact that the Mets have no problem handling the Phills head to head...they can't handle themselves, lucky for you...but yeah, we should at least wait till the Jets and Eagles get knocked out...

Oh and about Delgado, the Mets are giving him a chance to earn the spot...if healthy, pencil in..

the braves played well against us too last year. i guess we're the 3rd best team in the division.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    the braves played well against us too last year. i guess we're the 3rd best team in the division.

No, your team is by far the favorite to win the division....I was just responding directly to your dumb and unfounded response regarding our presumed inherently inadequate lineup ;) ...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    PITCHING OMAR PITCHING

those "experts" sure knew what they were talking bout huh. Our pitching staff flat out sucks.

Yup, and Omar is using them as a scapegoat/excuse....anyway, I guess I'll pray the starters will be better this year..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

No, your team is by far the favorite to win the division....

at least you know your place. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Knee surgery for Carlos beltran, out 3-4 months. Again, the Mets looking real bad with handling of injuries. Why the hell did he come back last September when they were hopelessly out of it? Did that make his knee worse? why didn't he have surgery last August or September? WFAN will be a great listen tomorrow, with benigno & Francesa torching the Mets
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    Based on their handling of injuries last year, 8-12 weeks means see you in July..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Wow, I'm totally a Beltran fan and I just can't believe this....fucking Mets...If somehow the Jets win the Super bowl this year, I'll be all good for the rest of my life...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Knee surgery for Carlos beltran, out 3-4 months. Again, the Mets looking real bad with handling of injuries. Why the hell did he come back last September when they were hopelessly out of it? Did that make his knee worse? why didn't he have surgery last August or September? WFAN will be a great listen tomorrow, with benigno & Francesa torching the Mets
    well the mets do have the most dumbest owner in baseball. god i wish fred would sell this team. also did anyone catch the interview d. wright had with the godfather of sports talk radio. I've never heard so many cookie cutter answers before in my life.

• Options

picking up right where they left off i see...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    well the mets do have the most dumbest owner in baseball. god i wish fred would sell this team. also did anyone catch the interview d. wright had with the godfather of sports talk radio. I've never heard so many cookie cutter answers before in my life.

Yeah, I caught some of the Wright interview with the Pope..definitely didn't learn anything new but he seems like a cool and down to earth guy..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options

Congrats on another NL East title..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

Congrats on another NL East title..

lol...thanks champ
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mets: choking away a top 5 payroll one day at a time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

the thing that struck me the most about the interview was that jay Horwitz was there, overseeing the interview. What's up with that? Wright can't go out and do an interview without a chaperone?
  • Options
    nope, the Mets are a very nervous bunch when it comes to media appearances. i wouldn't be stunned if one of minaya's assistants was leading the conference call at 2.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    ding ding ding...it was Ricco
  • Options
    apparently minaya was at the GM meetings in Arizona, I guess they don't have phones there...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
  • Options
    funny but true

this board should have a blown your brains out smiley for us met fans

• Options
    The Champ wrote:

1. Reyes
    2. Castillo
    3. Wright
    4. Beltran
    5. Bay
    6. Delgado
    7. Francoeur
    8. Molina

Hmm, guess we'll have to adjust the lineup a bit now that Beltran is likely done for the season and Molina is a no go..lol....can't wait for the inevitable Reyes re-injury and of course if Delgado makes it back on the field, he'll be out within the first 20 games....good times ahead..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lmao

good start to the year for the mets
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    lmao

good start to the year for the mets

Nothing ever fucking changes, we just get older..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'