Options

THE OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,541
    you sure you want to do this to yourselves this weekend?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

The question is, are you ready to be R.A. Dickeyed tonight?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    The Champ wrote:

Cole is going to stick his 7-pound poodle on yo' asses. :twisted: Watch those ankles!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

I called it, I knew Dickey would be huge tonight...hope it was as good for you, Jeags..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

I called it, I knew Dickey would be huge tonight...hope it was as good for you, Jeags..

Maybe Jerry can bring him back tomorrow...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

Maybe Jerry can bring him back tomorrow...

That's not a bad idea :D ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    R
    A
    FUCKING
    DICKEY

:mrgreen:

LETS
    GO
    METS
    !
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PorchRats wrote:
    I'm a diehard Mets fan. First time posting in this thread though so hello to everyone. Nice shut out by Johan today! Still can't wait until Omar and Jerry get the AXE. I know the problem with this team starts with the owners but I'll take what I can get. So... Krod attacked his father in law at the stadium yesterday! Gotta love this team!

:wave: and welcome

• Options
    what is with all the black and dark colors at citi field?

does it seem as gloomy in person as it appears on television?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Probably appeared gloomy due to the rainy weather and shitty team ;) ....but no, Citi Field is nice, now we just need a decent team..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

Probably appeared gloomy due to the rainy weather and shitty team ;) ....but no, Citi Field is nice, now we just need a decent team..

no i'm talking about the unusual choice of black for the outfield walls and seats. even that bridge thing out in right field looks all dark out there...it's weird.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    few things i take away from last nights game

1. that game shoulda never started on time. umps were idiots for starting that game on time. i was waiting for ducks to play in the ponds of the infield

2. wright just blows

how the hell can you not have an rbi in the mouth of august. that's pathetic and uncalled for a star player. also he needs more closer to the plate. it's time to be a big boy now and get over the cain pitch to your head from last year and move closer to the plate.

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:
    few things i take away from last nights game

1. that game shoulda never started on time. umps were idiots for starting that game on time. i was waiting for ducks to play in the ponds of the infield

2. wright just blows

how the hell can you not have an rbi in the mouth of august. that's pathetic and uncalled for a star player. also he needs more closer to the plate. it's time to be a big boy now and get over the cain pitch to your head from last year and move closer to the plate.

If Beltran didn't have his name on his jersey I would have sworn ibanez was playing CF for the mets. beltran couldn't move at all on that ball that went over his head (forget who hit it). that guy used to be one of the best CFs in baseball...he's a shell of his former self at this point
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

If Beltran didn't have his name on his jersey I would have sworn ibanez was playing CF for the mets. beltran couldn't move at all on that ball that went over his head (forget who hit it). that guy used to be one of the best CFs in baseball...he's a shell of his former self at this point
    he's awful in CF. he belongs in RF and pagan in CF. the mets couldn't even get a bag of balls for him. i would seriously just cut him.

i'd loooooooooove to see crawford in a mets jersey for the next few years. a move like that would show the fanbase that ownership does have money and isn't clueless.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he's awful in CF. he belongs in RF and pagan in CF. the mets couldn't even get a bag of balls for him. i would seriously just cut him.

i'd loooooooooove to see crawford in a mets jersey for the next few years. a move like that would show the fanbase that ownership does have money and isn't clueless.

but they already have jason bay in LF. hahaha
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, but you guys pretty much shot yourselves in the foot by signing Bay. I'm sure if there's enough dollar signs involved, then maybe. But I think that's the last thing you guys should be doing - spending more money. I read somewhere that they're going to have something like 115 million tied up in only 9 players or something? Personally, I think they should trade Beltran for whatever you can get and eat 3/4 over his salary. Then trade Reyes. He's about the only legit player you'd get any decent return on, and that's what the Mets need - a major overhaul.
  • Options
    K-ROD is out for the season. tore a ligament in the hand he punched his father in law.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bye bye krod

thanks for nothing ya piece of shit

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    K-ROD is out for the season. tore a ligament in the hand he punched his father in law.

bye bye krod

I smell a fib. he looked fine in the game on saturday. I don't think he would have been able to pitch with a torn ligament. I think the team told him to take a hike for the next 7 weeks
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I smell a fib. he looked fine in the game on saturday. I don't think he would have been able to pitch with a torn ligament. I think the team told him to take a hike for the next 7 weeks
    yup deadon

now they will use this to get outta his contract

HOUSTON (AP/WFAN) — Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez has a torn thumb ligament in his pitching hand and will need surgery to repair the injury, which presumably was sustained when punching his girlfriend’s father at Citi Field.

The Mets announced the injury before Monday night’s game at the Houston Astros. They said the reliever didn’t travel to Texas with the team.

K-Rod was examined Monday at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, and the Mets said an MRI revealed the injury in his right hand.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/16/ ... -ligament/

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yup deadon

now they will use this to get outta his contract

HOUSTON (AP/WFAN) — Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez has a torn thumb ligament in his pitching hand and will need surgery to repair the injury, which presumably was sustained when punching his girlfriend’s father at Citi Field.

The Mets announced the injury before Monday night’s game at the Houston Astros. They said the reliever didn’t travel to Texas with the team.

K-Rod was examined Monday at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, and the Mets said an MRI revealed the injury in his right hand.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/16/ ... -ligament/

doesn't his contract spike up to 16M in a year or two?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

bye bye krod

Yeah they're full of shit. That's ok - good for them for getting rid of him. Phillies wouldn't have done that - remember Brett Myers?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

doesn't his contract spike up to 16M in a year or two?
    his contract is up after next season. Got 12 mil coming his way or his did up until today. Haha

• Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    L8R K-Rod - did nothing for us Mets except show a bad temper...that bad temper resulted in an idiotic lapse of reason by whackin pop n law...idiot...get rid of that dope...And get paid nada...love it...

As far as "trade Reyes" - I would be sad. That guy is a 5 tool player. Get rid of that bum Beltran (I will hate him for lookin at a giant meatball like a statue...overrated. period.)

Love Wright, Ike and Pagan...get rid of Castillo add a quality pitcher and get a closer...

This year is done
    F&^%! :cry:
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    L8R K-Rod - did nothing for us Mets except show a bad temper...that bad temper resulted in an idiotic lapse of reason by whackin pop n law...idiot...get rid of that dope...And get paid nada...love it...

As far as "trade Reyes" - I would be sad. That guy is a 5 tool player.
    Get rid of that bum Beltran (I will hate him for lookin at a giant meatball like a statue...overrated. period.)

Love Wright, Ike and Pagan...get rid of Castillo add a quality pitcher and get a closer...

This year is done

That's my point though. If you wanna start over and rebuild correctly and soundly then you're gonna have to give a little to get a lot. What the Hell is Castillo or Beltran gonna get you guys? Nothin. Fire Minaya, trade Reyes, and get rid of Beltran. And start over.
  • Options
    i know it's meaningless to most met fans on here but i'm really happy the mets were able to sign 1st round draft pick matt harvey from this years draft and over sloted for him. to me that shows the mets care bout the future and aren't cheap in way. some of this years draft picks are doing decent. cory vaughn is just raking at brooklyn,

http://www.metsminorleagueblog.com

the above is a good site to track mets minor leaguer

figured i'd post it in case anyone cares

btw jeags -the mets have a vesting option of 17 million for next season. he has to pitch 101 games between this year and next year to collect his 17 million. yes you were bout his contract.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    2. wright just blows

Seriously, let's blow this fucking team up already...you're right, how the fuck does Wright go almost an entire month without a RBI....that's unheard of for a 3th/4th hitter, isn't it?...he led the entire league in RBIs at one point in July..lol.....so sick of this hot/cold bullshit with this team....the starting pitching looks promising, but the rest needs a major overhaul..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:

As far as "trade Reyes" - I would be sad. That guy is a 5 tool player.
    Get rid of that bum Beltran (I will hate him for lookin at a giant meatball like a statue...overrated. period.)

This year is done

That's my point though. If you wanna start over and rebuild correctly and soundly then you're gonna have to give a little to get a lot. What the Hell is Castillo or Beltran gonna get you guys? Nothin. Fire Minaya, trade Reyes, and get rid of Beltran. And start over.

I'm with it, fuck Reyes....and I know it's bad, but I still favor Beltran..the rest, meh...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    R.I.P. Bobby Thomson

• Options
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/ ... id=5491690

"Still, deferring the big payments to the back end of the contract is like running up a credit card while already overwhelmed by debt -- it feels good now, but will only make it more crippling to maneuver when the serious payments are due.

Consider: Bobby Bonilla, who last appeared in a Mets uniform in 1999, is about to come back on the payroll next season at $1.19 million annually for 25 years because of negotiated deferred payments.
    "

:o :shock:
    WHAT?!
  • Options
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5491690

"Still, deferring the big payments to the back end of the contract is like running up a credit card while already overwhelmed by debt -- it feels good now, but will only make it more crippling to maneuver when the serious payments are due.

Consider: Bobby Bonilla, who last appeared in a Mets uniform in 1999, is about to come back on the payroll next season at $1.19 million annually for 25 years because of negotiated deferred payments.
    "

:o :shock:
    WHAT?!
    lol

old news

we needed tonight's game in da worst way. same old mets,grrrrrr.