THE OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD

Comments

• it could be worse, it could be francisco rodriguez bobblehead night.......
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I just saw the headline.

I think he's guilty
    i doubt you'd be saying guilty if utley or jroll allegedly raped a girl. you'd be all over defending them.

just saying

I think he may have been being sarcastic there. As in, "I didn't even bother to read the article, just based on the headline he's guilty." Take it easy now. 8-)

of course I was kidding.

mets fans need to lighten up. but I'd be pretty ornery if I had to root for that abortion of a team too
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The gift that just keeps on giving. Krod arrested at citi field for punching his father in law on the family lounge. Hahahah

Reyes cannot focus on every play, Santana being sued for rape now krod arrested at the ballpark.

I love it. way to put character guys in the locker room omar. keep up the good work!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha

I am pretty happy the Yanks did not pull the trigger on that trade though.
    so you'd rather have aj burnett instead off santana

really?

wow just wow

yea i def wouldn't want someone dats 131-66 and has been to the all star game and won 2 cy young. what piece of shit santana is, totally just sucks :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha

really?

wow just wow

yea i def wouldn't want someone dats 131-66 and has been to the all star game and won 2 cy young. what piece of shit santana is, totally just sucks :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:.

been to all star game is funny. like evan meek
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha

really?

wow just wow

No, the option was not AJ or Santana, the option was CC or Santana and if they got Santana they would have lost Hughes, Kennedy and Melky. In summary, I would much much much much rather have CC, Hughes, Kennedy and Melky than Santana.

Santana and AJ have nothing to do with each other. It was Santana or CC and if they got Santana they would have lost the cast of players I just mentioned.

Edit: You tell me. Would you rather have Santana or CC and Hughes? Let's not even include the others.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    plus aj won the biggest game of the year last october...october being the key word :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    plus aj won the biggest game of the year last october...october being the key word :mrgreen:

That he did.

But the fact remains comparing AJ and Santana makes no sense because it was never an either/or option with them. They Yanks probably would have signed AJ even if they did pull the trade for Santana.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That he did.

But the fact remains comparing AJ and Santana makes no sense because it was never an either/or option with them. They Yanks probably would have signed AJ even if they did pull the trade for Santana.

its a metsfan :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    How about all of you Yank and Philly fans go jerk each other off somewhere else....we gonna go on a roll now bitches!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    [

No, the option was not AJ or Santana, the option was CC or Santana and if they got Santana they would have lost Hughes, Kennedy and Melky. In summary, I would much much much much rather have CC, Hughes, Kennedy and Melky than Santana.

Santana and AJ have nothing to do with each other. It was Santana or CC and if they got Santana they would have lost the cast of players I just mentioned.

Edit: You tell me. Would you rather have Santana or CC and Hughes? Let's not even include the others.
    well yeah i'd take cc and hughes only cause hughes is younger and has high upside. the yanks woulda gotten cc regardless. not like they couldn't afford both cc and santana. it's funny how the twins asked for alot from the the yanks and got shit from the mets. the mets musta did a hell of a sell job to the twins bout kevin mulvey, carlos gomez, phil humber and deolis guerra.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

That he did.

if the yanks got santana they wouldn't have needed to get aj. santana woulda been the 1B and CC 1A.

metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    [

well yeah i'd take cc and hughes only cause hughes is younger and has high upside. the yanks woulda gotten cc regardless. not like they couldn't afford both cc and santana. it's funny how the twins asked for alot from the the yanks and got shit from the mets. the mets musta did a hell of a sell job to the twins bout kevin mulvey, carlos gomez, phil humber and deolis guerra.

I don't think they would have. Cashman has made it pretty clear it was one or the other, their payroll would be pushing $215 mil.

Yeah, I don't know how the Mets pulled that off after what they were asking the Yanks for.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't think they would have. Cashman has made it pretty clear it was one or the other, their payroll would be pushing $215 mil.

Yeah, I don't know how the Mets pulled that off after what they were asking the Yanks for.
    would it have made a difference if the payroll is that high. come on it's the yanks, not like they couldn't afford both of them. hell they just picked up 2 outfielders that they really didn't need and bullpen they might have needed. all 3 of those guys probably wont be around but least they will get world series. yanks are probably gonna get lee for 200 mil for 7-8 years so thats gonna bump up the payroll alot.

metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

would it have made a difference if the payroll is that high. come on it's the yanks, not like they couldn't afford both of them. hell they just picked up 2 outfielders that they really didn't need and bullpen they might have needed. all 3 of those guys probably wont be around but least they will get world series. yanks are probably gonna get lee for 200 mil for 7-8 years so thats gonna bump up the payroll alot.

A little known fact. Hal Steinbrenner nixed a trade for Mike Cameron last year because he was not willing to take on the extra payroll.

I think the Yankees payroll can go higher, I think it will go higher but I don't think it would have in the situation we are talking about. This year, Hal was willing to expand the payroll at the deadline which I think is a great sign of things to come for the Yanks.

The Yankees will outbid for Lee no doubt. I think it will end up being 6 years $23-$25 a year.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

A little known fact. Hal Steinbrenner nixed a trade for Mike Cameron last year because he was not willing to take on the extra payroll.

I think the Yankees payroll can go higher, I think it will go higher but I don't think it would have in the situation we are talking about. This year, Hal was willing to expand the payroll at the deadline which I think is a great sign of things to come for the Yanks.

The Yankees will outbid for Lee no doubt. I think it will end up being 6 years $23-$25 a year.
    i woulda nixed a trade for mike cameron too lol

well yeah anytime the yanks can expand their payroll its a great thing for them lol

oh lee will def be a yankee. not even the mets are dumb enough to get into a bidding war with the yanks. look at the whole bidding war for the moose back in 01 with the yanks and mets.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Cliff, I wouldn't be surprised if ole George's kids sell the team in the next 5-10 years.
    hey take it to the phils thread or yanks thread

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i woulda nixed a trade for mike cameron too lol

well yeah anytime the yanks can expand their payroll its a great thing for them lol

oh lee will def be a yankee. not even the mets are dumb enough to get into a bidding war with the yanks. look at the whole bidding war for the moose back in 01 with the yanks and mets.

Well, true. But the point is Cashman wanted another outfielder and Hal wouldn't go for it.

I have no doubt in my mind Cliff Lee will be a Yankee unless the Rangers try and pull off something crazy.

Cliff, I wouldn't be surprised if ole George's kids sell the team in the next 5-10 years.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago but there have been a number of articles recently that say it is there to stay, with solid sources from the Yankees, the Steinbrenner family and from someone close to their finances.

Edit: Here is one of them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/ ... id=5380321
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well, true. But the point is Cashman wanted another outfielder and Hal wouldn't go for it.

I have no doubt in my mind Cliff Lee will be a Yankee unless the Rangers try and pull off something crazy.
    but the yanks got 2 outfielders at the trading deadeline. what changed hal's mind between the off season and the trading deadline.

i can't see the rangers getting into the mix along with the yanks, mets and sox. those 3 teams will be the big players for lee in my mind with the yanks getting him anyways.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

that's ryan howard money (just puked on myself)
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that's ryan howard money (just puked on myself)

Haha, that it is. I was going to say I bet he will get Ryan Howard money but a year or two more. haha.
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

but the yanks got 2 outfielders at the trading deadeline. what changed hal's mind between the off season and the trading deadline.

i can't see the rangers getting into the mix along with the yanks, mets and sox. those 3 teams will be the big players for lee in my mind with the yanks getting him anyways.

I don't know what changed his mind. Probably a combo of things like the extra money they made from winning and the need for another bat with Nick Johnson out.

It will be interesting but I am sure the Yanks will end up with him if they want him, which they obviously do since they were willing to trade Montero for him.
  • PorchRatsPorchRats Posts: 164
    I'm a diehard Mets fan. First time posting in this thread though so hello to everyone. Nice shut out by Johan today! Still can't wait until Omar and Jerry get the AXE. I know the problem with this team starts with the owners but I'll take what I can get. So... Krod attacked his father in law at the stadium yesterday! Gotta love this team!
    2000: Saratoga
    2003: Albany, Hartford, Camden 1+2,
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston 2,
    2008: Mansfield,
    2010 MSG 1+2,
    2011: Alpine Valley 1+2
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn 1+2, Philly 1+2, Hartford
    PorchRats wrote:
    I'm a diehard Mets fan. First time posting in this thread though so hello to everyone. Nice shut out by Johan today! Still can't wait until Omar and Jerry get the AXE. I know the problem with this team starts with the owners but I'll take what I can get. So... Krod attacked his father in law at the stadium yesterday! Gotta love this team!

Never a dull moment with that team. That's for sure.
    PorchRats wrote:
    I'm a diehard Mets fan. Gotta love this team!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:;)
  • I just about Mo not wanting to be near kRod....that really says something. pretty funny that a year or so later, KRod would be walking Mariano Rivera with derek jeter on deck
  • oh, and my absolute favorite thing about this, even better than the Mariano thing, is that this jackass spent a night in CitiField jail
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Cashman has had an inexplicable hard on for cameron for years now. I have no idea why. He's old, strikes out a ton, and they already had a few very good defensive CF's. I was so glad when Cameron signed for 2 years with Boston, basically removing any chance he'd be a Yankee. If they brought in Cameron, Gardner may have never gotten a chance to play every day. And despite a bad slump, he is on pace for 98 runs and 46 steals