Chicago Bulls

Comments

• shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    FUUUUUUUCK!!!!

SOrry
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Any video online of the injury?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Any video online of the injury?
    I think i saw it on yahoo, but would bet nba.com, espn etc have it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    shadowcast wrote:
    You cannot blame Thibs at all. That was a freak injury.

A freak injury, that was caused from lack of rest from other injuries. Toe connected to the ankle, connected to the groin, connected to the KNEE. Rose needed rest each time he was hurt. Thibs ran him into the ground chasing his 2nd coach of the year award and the number one seed. This shortened season was a bitch on the players bodies.

Don't be surprised if you see Deng in a similar situation soon.......one hard foul on that UNRESTED wrist and he'll be sitting the rest of the way as well....
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    My comment yesterday was ill timed and inappropriate. I'm sorry for that. My heart goes out to Rose and Bulls fans. It does suck so much after the season you guys have had. And the Bulls were probably the only thing keeping Bron from the Finals. I think this will be a big growth experience for Rose's teammates and the Bulls come out even stronger next season. You guys will get your title one of these years.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    The torn ACL sucks but I don't think anyone expected Rose to stay healthy the entire postseason. It seems like his body has been a house of cards this season, ready to collapse. I am willing to bet that the ACL tear is somehow linked to the other injuries that he had this season.

Hopefully he will use the offseason to get everything right for next year.
    My comment yesterday was ill timed and inappropriate. I'm sorry for that. My heart goes out to Rose and Bulls fans. It does suck so much after the season you guys have had. And the Bulls were probably the only thing keeping Bron from the Finals. I think this will be a big growth experience for Rose's teammates and the Bulls come out even stronger next season. You guys will get your title one of these years.
    It's all good, we'll still kick the c's ass :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    So brutal about Rose and the ACL. Anyone who blames Thibs is a fucking idiot.
    So how far can the Bulls get without Rose? I still say they can make it to the Conf finals, but I just can't see them beating the Heat in a 7 game series. So depressing.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiJoWXQ5sMw

:cry:

So bummed out about this.
    The way he charges to the ring it was bound to happen, the amount of pressure he puts on his knees all the time.
    I just hope this doesn't change the way he plays or make him come back a different player.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    So how far can the Bulls get without Rose? I still say they can make it to the Conf finals, but I just can't see them beating the Heat in a 7 game series. So depressing.

we have enough to win
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    It's all good, we'll still kick the c's ass :P

well...that assumes they can get by the ATL
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

we have enough to win

You think so? I know we played them tough without Rose a couple times this season, but I just think a 7 game series with the Heat would be too much.
    i'm not packing the summer vacation bags just yet.

i believe.....we have enough to win.

will they win? i don't know. will it be harder. yes. do they have a shot. i say yes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i'm not packing the summer vacation bags just yet.

i believe.....we have enough to win.

will they win? i don't know. will it be harder. yes. do they have a shot. i say yes.

Yeah...should be a good series if it ends up happening. Even without Rose, the Bulls are one of the top teams in the eastern conference. Hopefully CJ and JL3 are ready to step up. Deng too.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    The torn ACL sucks but I don't think anyone expected Rose to stay healthy the entire postseason. It seems like his body has been a house of cards this season, ready to collapse. I am willing to bet that the ACL tear is somehow linked to the other injuries that he had this season.

You sir are 100% correct. A little rest may have helped......but you can't blame anyone for that right?

"Looks over at Coach Thibs"
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

You sir are 100% correct. A little rest may have helped......but you can't blame anyone for that right?

"Looks over at Coach Thibs"

the internet doctors are in. :P :lol:

we don't know that the ACL was related to anything but the ACL. was ricky rubio's ACL related to something else? what about the Knicks guard that also blew out an ACl sat? was his related to something else?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    the internet doctors are in. :P :lol:

we don't know that the ACL was related to anything but the ACL. was ricky rubio's ACL related to something else? what about the Knicks guard that also blew out an ACl sat? was his related to something else?

Exactly. I don't know why everyone has to play the blame game here. Injuries happen. This is a brutal injury at the worst possible time, but it happens.
    i'm more concerned post surgery with what he is going to look like.

will this be a one and done injury, or will it happen again? how is the other knee? will he still have that first step and elevation.

i tried to search for a list of players that have had it, but didn't come up with much.

Redd from the bucks, but he seems to be the extreme case, where he just couldn't get the knee fixed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i'm more concerned post surgery with what he is going to look like.

will this be a one and done injury, or will it happen again? how is the other knee? will he still have that first step and elevation.

i tried to search for a list of players that have had it, but didn't come up with much.

Redd from the bucks, but he seems to be the extreme case, where he just couldn't get the knee fixed.

The fact that Rose is so young is definitely an advantage....he should recover pretty quickly.

I tore my ACL in high school and I am still a fantastic athlete at the old age of 28. :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    guys forget it... no title this year
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I tore my ACL in high school and I am still a fantastic athlete at the old age of 28. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

beer pong doesn't count
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    guys forget it... no title this year

get out of here.....it's bad enough i have to deal with you in the next round in the flyers thread, i don't need to deal with you in this thread. :P :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Sixers in 5 at this rate!
    i still believe..... :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    And away we go!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    So how many times in the NBA playoffs....
    Has the #8 team knocked off the #1 team?

Cuz I have a real bad feeling about this......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    So how many times in the NBA playoffs....
    Has the #8 team knocked off the #1 team?

Cuz I have a real bad feeling about this......

off the top of my head...twice....maybe thrice

Denver over seattle
    GS over dallas
    ???
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I don't care if Rose is out....that was a pathetic 2nd half by the Bulls. How many uncontested dunks did they give up? I doubt Thibs slept a wink last night.
    I don't care if Rose is out....that was a pathetic 2nd half by the Bulls. How many uncontested dunks did they give up? I doubt Thibs slept a wink last night.

Boozer looked like he didn't even want to play........pathetic is exactly the correct word.