Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    gonna keep an eye on prices...if i can get something in the 200's for 50 bucks, i'm going.

they gotta win this game right?

Yes, I do believe this is what they call an elimination game.

Good luck with the tickets...I'm sure prices shouldn't be too bad. Late start combined with the 3-1 deficit should mean cheaper tickets.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    gonna keep an eye on prices...if i can get something in the 200's for 50 bucks, i'm going.

they gotta win this game right?

Yes, I do believe this is what they call an elimination game.

Good luck with the tickets...I'm sure prices shouldn't be too bad. Late start combined with the 3-1 deficit should mean cheaper tickets.

already down to 80 for a 200

a 100 level can be had for 125.

8:30...and with all the tv crap, more like 8:45 :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    already down to 80 for a 200

a 100 level can be had for 125.

8:30...and with all the tv crap, more like 8:45 :fp:

Yeah, these 830 local start times are pretty ridiculous.
    Pretty solid effort last night. Nice to see Deng finally step up in this series. Can't believe Taj rolled his ankle now too...unbelievable. Also, it is pretty painful to watch Asik play....can't shoot FTs, can't catch the ball, just looks like a big uncoordinated goof out there.
    Pretty solid effort last night. Nice to see Deng finally step up in this series. Can't believe Taj rolled his ankle now too...unbelievable. Also, it is pretty painful to watch Asik play....can't shoot FTs, can't catch the ball, just looks like a big uncoordinated goof out there.

i couldn't stomach watching, but read the box score. what was up with Deng....taking and hitting shots. who would have thunk it. :lol:

Asik might have the worst hands in the nba over the last 50 years. :fp: he needs to spend the summer catching the damn ball
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So are we going to see a game 7? Sounds like Taj is in tonight and Noah is doubtful. I don't see any way Noah could be effective if he were to play...that ankle injury was nasty.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    bulls lost a total of 20 games this year. 5 were to the team with this logo:

sixers-logo.gif?w=300&h=298
    www.myspace.com
    :fp:

ACL and busted ankles happen. see ya next year....if you can squeak in again
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    Sweet move by our "coach of the year" to crash those boards with 7 seconds left......... :fp:

This team is a long ways from a championship........

Maybe this will show Thibs that the #1 seed is not the important. Did you see how tired the Bulls looked down the stretch last night? Asik could barely dunk that last bucket he was so tired.........rest em during the meaningless games coach!
    Sweet move by our "coach of the year" to crash those boards with 7 seconds left......... :fp:

Maybe this will show Thibs that the #1 seed is not the important. Did you see how tired the Bulls looked down the stretch last night? Asik could barely dunk that last bucket he was so tired.........rest em during the meaningless games coach!

asik was used to playing only a few minujtes per game as a backup....don't think he was over worked.

imo, cj should have never dropped the ball off at the end :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Tough to compete for a champinship when the reigning MVP goes down and then you lose your emotional leader in Noah. The team on the floor last night is a long way from a championship....the Bulls as a whole, however, are not.

Also, what the fuck was CJ thinking passing it to Asik??? Passing it to the worst FT shooter on the team?!?!? Any PG knows you dribble the ball back out and wait to get fouled. :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367

Tough to compete for a champinship when the reigning MVP goes down and then you lose your emotional leader in Noah. The team on the floor last night is a long way from a championship....the Bulls as a whole, however, are not.

Also, what the fuck was CJ thinking passing it to Asik??? Passing it to the worst FT shooter on the team?!?!? Any PG knows you dribble the ball back out and wait to get fouled. :fp: :fp: :fp:

The Bulls are a long way from a Championship because you are one injury away from CJ Watson or JL3 running your offense. Better address that need over the summer.......You better pay Taj his money too!!!!

Oh, and please address my comment regarding our super star coach for his terrible call on that last foul shot......
    you could say any team is one injury away from having a back up play.

i agree, you gotta get back and get the d set.

but the turkish brick should have never been in that position.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

The Bulls are a long way from a Championship because you are one injury away from CJ Watson or JL3 running your offense. Better address that need over the summer.......You better pay Taj his money too!!!!

Oh, and please address my comment regarding our super star coach for his terrible call on that last foul shot......

Like 81 said, aren't most teams pretty much 1 injury away from backups like a CJ or JL3 having to step in?? That argument doesn't make much sense.

Defintely agree with you on the D off of that last FT. But again like 81 said, Asik shouldn't even have been shooting FTs. What kind of PG passes the ball to the WORST FT shooter on the team in that situation???? What a bonehead play.
    81 wrote:

The turkish brick....sounds like a good t-shirt idea.
    81 wrote:

The turkish brick....sounds like a good t-shirt idea.

i'm sure stacey is already working on one.

did i ever tell you guys...stacey blocked me after i tweeted him saying less ham, more analysis after he tweeted something like it's time to ham for a game. :lol: guess he doesn't like honest feedback. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i'm sure stacey is already working on one.

did i ever tell you guys...stacey blocked me after i tweeted him saying less ham, more analysis after he tweeted something like it's time to ham for a game. :lol: guess he doesn't like honest feedback. :lol:

Really? Wow...Stacey doesn't seem like the type. I followed him on twitter for a little bit, but he tweets too much obnoxious shit and unfollowed.
    he replied to my tweet, i forget what he said...then one day i was looking at my mentions and thought...hmm....he must have deleted it, which i've seen happen before....then i realized...he blocked me. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Just watched the NBA.com highlights video, disastrous ending.
    CJ should have held the ball grrrrr :fp:
    I really thought this was our year :cry:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    when does trading season open?

sounds like CJ, Brewer and Kyle could all be dangled as expiring contracts, or cheap pick ups for other teams.

i wouldn't mind Kyle coming back, but i would like to see him be more consitent. he can hit 5 in a row from downtown, then the next game, clank 5 in a row. maybe we can trade him for Ray Allen. i'm half serious :?

Brewer has to go.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    when does trading season open?

sounds like CJ, Brewer and Kyle could all be dangled as expiring contracts, or cheap pick ups for other teams.

i wouldn't mind Kyle coming back, but i would like to see him be more consitent. he can hit 5 in a row from downtown, then the next game, clank 5 in a row. maybe we can trade him for Ray Allen. i'm half serious :?

Brewer has to go.

Is Boozer going to toughen up for next season?

I think we had the same problem with consistency from Kyle when he was here in Utah. When he's on though, he can hit that 3-ball.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Boozer improved on the D side as the season went on, still not great, but at least he tried, but like kyle, booz is streaky from the field. he can go 8-10 one game, then 1-10 the next. :fp: i'd love to trade him for something decent and put Taj in the starting line up. his offense is just as good and his D is 100 times better.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Boozer improved on the D side as the season went on, still not great, but at least he tried, but like kyle, booz is streaky from the field. he can go 8-10 one game, then 1-10 the next. :fp: i'd love to trade him for something decent and put Taj in the starting line up. his offense is just as good and his D is 100 times better.

With a coach who is so focused on his team being defensively sound, it makes me wonder how Boozer's D isn't as good as it could be. He's got the body to be more dominant than he is, I think.

Agreed about Taj. I think his defensive efforts make up for what he may lack on the offense.

I bet Boozer would be a good trade piece.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    How many points did Mr. Snoozer have in that last game against Philly?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

With a coach who is so focused on his team being defensively sound, it makes me wonder how Boozer's D isn't as good as it could be. He's got the body to be more dominant than he is, I think.

Agreed about Taj. I think his defensive efforts make up for what he may lack on the offense.

problem with trading boozer is that contract. and imo, i think Taj is just as good on the offensive end. he has a nice 12-15 jumper as well as some back to the basket moves.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

problem with trading boozer is that contract. and imo, i think Taj is just as good on the offensive end. he has a nice 12-15 jumper as well as some back to the basket moves.

What's Boozer's current contract?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    it was a 5 year 75M deal. 3 years @ $15m a pop left.

bulls cap is pretty much shot when you add in Noah, Boozer, Deng and Rose. 55-60M tied up in the those 4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

bulls cap is pretty much shot when you add in Noah, Boozer, Deng and Rose. 55-60M tied up in the those 4

How much of them will be useful come next season? Didn't follow Chicago late into the season...

Rose out w/ the ACL... expected to be back by beginning of next season? Probably not?

Noah went down with an ankle, right?

and wasn't Deng struggling to stay healthy?

That's a tough go for your most expensive (and important) players...

Chicago has some good role players though. CJ Watson and Lucas seemed to fill the voids pretty well... and again, Taj...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Rose is out until jan or feb...depending on rehab

Deng is unknown. if he plays in teh olympics and then has surgery on his wrist, he will miss a few months of the season.

noah will be fine.

cj isn't bad. he does an ok job running the offense, but his shooting went to shit as the season went along. could be related to his dislocated elbow.

lucas dribbles too much.

i did hear talk that captain kirk could come back. that would be a nice pickup.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Unfortunately, the only way Boozer is leaving the Bulls is if they use the amnesty clause on him which won't be happening anytime soon.