Chicago Bulls

Comments

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    See Greg Popovich, thats how you do it Mr. Thibs........
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    it was a 5 year 75M deal. 3 years @ $15m a pop left.

bulls cap is pretty much shot when you add in Noah, Boozer, Deng and Rose. 55-60M tied up in the those 4

Unfortunately, the only way Boozer is leaving the Bulls is if they use the amnesty clause on him which won't be happening anytime soon.

Let me make sure I understand the amnesty thing correctly; if a team uses the amnesty clause on a player (in this case, Carlos Boozer), then that means that the team can clear said players remaining salary from all of their cap and tax purposes? So, the Bulls could clear themselves of $45 million that they are obligated to pay Boozer over the next three years if they don't amnesty him?

Is a team allowed 1 amnesty per season?

I don't think Boozer is terrible per se, but I think his price tag is way too high. Some of that falls on Bulls management for agreeing to such a large contract with him. Obviously they expected more out of him...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    it was a 5 year 75M deal. 3 years @ $15m a pop left.

bulls cap is pretty much shot when you add in Noah, Boozer, Deng and Rose. 55-60M tied up in the those 4

Unfortunately, the only way Boozer is leaving the Bulls is if they use the amnesty clause on him which won't be happening anytime soon.

Let me make sure I understand the amnesty thing correctly; if a team uses the amnesty clause on a player (in this case, Carlos Boozer), then that means that the team can clear said players remaining salary from all of their cap and tax purposes? So, the Bulls could clear themselves of $45 million that they are obligated to pay Boozer over the next three years if they don't amnesty him?

Is a team allowed 1 amnesty per season?

I don't think Boozer is terrible per se, but I think his price tag is way too high. Some of that falls on Bulls management for agreeing to such a large contract with him. Obviously they expected more out of him...

pretty much you waive him and then other teams get to bid on him. whatever they bid, is what they pay on his contract, with the remaining being picked up by the waiving club.

i believe it's a one time only bid. ie, you submit your bid to the league only once, highest bid wins. werid. they should just put them up on ebay with a buy it now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:

pretty much you waive him and then other teams get to bid on him. whatever they bid, is what they pay on his contract, with the remaining being picked up by the waiving club.

i believe it's a one time only bid. ie, you submit your bid to the league only once, highest bid wins. werid. they should just put them up on ebay with a buy it now

I'm pretty sure each team gets to use 1 amnesty clause for the duration of the CBA that was agreed to last year....not sure how many years that was.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:

I'm pretty sure each team gets to use 1 amnesty clause for the duration of the CBA that was agreed to last year....not sure how many years that was.

I think it was either 5 or 6 years.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    i thought it was a 10 year deal with an opt out after 6...or was that the nfl
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    :( :fp: Doctor announced today Rose could be out anywhere from 8-12 months!!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
    maynardsux wrote:
    :( :fp: Doctor announced today Rose could be out anywhere from 8-12 months!!
    why the faceplant? we already knew the earliest he would be back would be early 2013. it was really a no news news release

i took it as good news. surgery went well, unlike when greg oden went in last year and they needed to do anouther microfracture procedure
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    I just don't like the idea that they found a cartilage tear as well which means that even though he could return as early as Feb.1, there is also the strong possibility that he may not even play at all next year, that timeline scares me, but am thankful that the surgery was a success :D ...just not a good time to be a Chicago fan, especially after watching the Sox manage that 6 run lead today :? and thanks for not playing A.J. today btw ;)
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
    maynardsux wrote:
    I just don't like the idea that they found a cartilage tear as well which means that even though he could return as early as Feb.1, there is also the strong possibility that he may not even play at all next year, that timeline scares me, but am thankful that the surgery was a success :D ...just not a good time to be a Chicago fan, especially after watching the Sox manage that 6 run lead today :? and thanks for not playing A.J. today btw ;)

now that deserves a :fp:

he's been cold lately so i benched him. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ati01.html

if you look at his stats....a complete season is missing in the early 90's.....due to an ACL.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    good to see the Bobcats miss out on the 1st pick.

bulls have the bobcats first pick in one of the next 4 drafts. next three are protected thru 12, 10, 8 (i belive) over the next 3 years then in 2016 we get whatever it is.

We could see a lot of new talent come in in the next 5 years with this pick and that guy who is playing in spain.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

bulls have the bobcats first pick in one of the next 4 drafts. next three are protected thru 12, 10, 8 (i belive) over the next 3 years then in 2016 we get whatever it is.

We could see a lot of new talent come in in the next 5 years with this pick and that guy who is playing in spain.

That's from the Tyrus Thomas trade, right? Can't believe the Bulls will eventually get a 1st round pick for that dope.
    81 wrote:

That's from the Tyrus Thomas trade, right? Can't believe the Bulls will eventually get a 1st round pick for that dope.

yup...hopefully bobcats continue to suck and we get the number overall in 2016. i can wait.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    philadelphia_76ers_logo-.gif
    www.myspace.com
    philadelphia_76ers_logo-.gif

you wanna go golfing tommorrow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited June 2012
    former nba player and current warriors scout speedy claxton was seen at the british national team practice in houston looking at deng.

the rumor is deng for the 7th pick.

i hate this idea of losing deng for a coin flip prospect. luol is the bulls' best defender and is still only 27. this would suck
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    KC at the tribune says Deng chances of going to GS are zero.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

you never replied. do you really think youk is 'barely' out hitting o dog?
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

you never replied. do you really think youk is 'barely' out hitting o dog?

yes. neither one has been impressive this sesaon at the plate. is youk an upgrade? yes. i just wouldn't get super excited just yet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Over 24 million/3 years for Asik? Bulls would be crazy to match this offer.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    Over 24 million/3 years for Asik? Bulls would be crazy to match this offer.

nuts....

and since the nba cap is based on that years actual salary, ~15M in three years....for a guy that has zero offensive game....what a joke. they can have him.

sounds like thibs visited him to recruit him to not sign the offer sheet and stick with the bulls.

we'll see.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Still waiting for the Bulls to start making some moves here....

Also, still praying that they don't match the Asik offer.
    Ray Allen to the Heat now. Everyone else seems to be making moves while the Bulls are sitting there doing nothing. :fp:
    I like the move bringing back Hinrich. Should be a solid fill-in at PG until Rose gets back.
    I like the move bringing back Hinrich. Should be a solid fill-in at PG until Rose gets back.

solid, if not spectaculer player
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Hinrich? :-|
    why do i have a feeling this is going to be 10 years of mediocrity coming up
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    why do i have a feeling this is going to be 10 years of mediocrity coming up

Not much will change on the roster the next 2 years. This upcoming season will be a waste with Rose missing most of it...plus he prob won't be back to normal until the 13-14 season. After that season, Bulls will most likely amnesty Boozer and Deng comes off the books so they should be able to make a run at some quality free agents. That is, unless they make the moronic decision and match the offer sheet for Asik because he would be a $15M cap hit that 14-15 season.