2010 Olympics: Men's Hockey

Comments

• norm wrote:
    However, it's the same league that suspended another jackass for 6 games for referring to some actress "sloppy seconds"

was that avery?

:lol::lol:

Yep :D

One of the DJ's in Calgary said "hey it is Elisha Cuthbert...not like Sean Avery was the first car in that garage" :lol::lol:

GO CANADA!!!!!!!!
  • ya, he's a clown...and the longer he remains a LOSER (and a sore one at that), the more of an ass he'll become...
    hear, hear!!! :clap:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Well Canada almost blew it last night. I don't see how we'll beat the USA with "defense" like ours and Miller playing the way he's playing.

I wonder if the Fins found out yet that they had a hockey game yesterday.

Both the USA and Canadian teams are full of high caliber players, a win for either side shouldn't really come as big shock to the loser.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i heard the preliminary game between USA and Canada was the most viewed television broadcast in CA ever.
    Every Candian household must have been tuned in .
    Its pretty safe to say that this one will dwarf that first broadcast, GOLD being on the line.

I wonder what viewership in USA goes up/down with this match,

there are plenty of hockey fans but then there are the segm,ents who are not fans or just casual fans who will all tune in because the Olympics are closing out and its for the Gold Medal .

Ryan Miller seems almost invincible at this point.
    ( He's hardly been really tested )

On a sidenote , did you all hear about the controversy of the Womans Canadian Hockey team, celebrating on the ice with flagrant drinking and even the smoking of cigars ?
    ( isnt that sort of thing for inside the lockerroom ? )
    Have the women up there forgotten about winning with humility and class ?

:shock:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    On a sidenote , did you all hear about the controversy of the Womans Canadian Hockey team, celebrating on the ice with flagrant drinking and even the smoking of cigars ?
    Did you hear that it was an hour or two after the game and someone went to get them out of the locker room?
    You want humility and class look no further than the hockey threads around here.
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Did you hear that it was an hour or two after the game and someone went to get them out of the locker room?
    You want humility and class look no further than the hockey threads around here.

I didnt know the entire story ( about an hour after the game )
    but to do that in front of your opponent would not have been cool, regardless of who they were.

who went to get them out of their lockerroom?
    bad move to accept that invitation, i think theyre paying for it now.

anyhow , congrats on that gold.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

but to do that in front of your opponent would not have been cool, regardless of who they were.

I really don't see the big deal. Yeah - maybe it's a little cocky, but for fuck sakes...when you win the gold - you should have some fun.

We had a guy win Gold on the Skeleton, and he celebrated by walking through whistler chugging a pitcher of beer - and the media loved that. I don't see the difference.
    Bathgate66 wrote:

The place was pretty much cleaned out, so I don't think it was rubbing it in, just celebrating. The only thing they should have done was paid more attention to the underagers.
    this olympics flew by!

cant believe its almost all over for another 4 years .

Bettman has been appearing all over Vancouver, and the speculation is growing that the NHL players wont be allowed to play in the Next Winter Games ?

Anyhow, Lets Go U S A

By the way , the city of Vancouver have been s splendid host. What a beautiful city, where the Mountains meet the Ocean ,
    If I could do any traveling in the upcoming months, I would love to visit this scenic city.
    It absolutely photographs so well on all the coverage NBC has brought to our homes the past 2 weeks ,.....it looks so beautiful there .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this olympics flew by!
    Bettman has been appearing all over Vancouver, and the speculation is growing that the NHL players wont be allowed to play in the Next Winter Games ?
    It didn't take very long.
    Is the problem with NHL players having something to do with Russia?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

To do it in front of that American Team is more the reason to do it. There is no love lost between these teams, it borders on hatred, research it, you'll see, I did not see one interview where team Canada gave the Americans credit. This dates all the way back to Salt Lake City. Hockey players in Canada are prideful players, both US Women's and Men's team are arrogant trash takers, I just hope that the men shut up the arrogant US men.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    However, it's the same league that suspended another jackass for 6 games for referring to some actress "sloppy seconds"

was that avery?

:lol::lol:

Yep :D

One of the DJ's in Calgary said "hey it is Elisha Cuthbert...not like Sean Avery was the first car in that garage" :lol::lol:

GO CANADA!!!!!!!!

man that guy is such a tool...but he was entertaining the couple years he was here in la :D
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

To do it in front of that American Team is more the reason to do it. There is no love lost between these teams, it borders on hatred, research it, you'll see, I did not see one interview where team Canada gave the Americans credit. This dates all the way back to Salt Lake City. Hockey players in Canada are prideful players, both US Women's and Men's team are arrogant trash takers, I just hope that the men shut up the arrogant US men.

So when exactly has this men's group been arrogant? Besides Kessler saying he hated the Canadian team, nothing else has really been said... if anything they (Wilson & Burke) are giving way too much credit to the Canadians to keep the underdog theme going.

And while I have no problem with the Canadian women celebrating like that after the fact, if they did it right after the game when the US players (or any opponent) were still on the ice would have been pretty damn classless.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

So when exactly has this men's group been arrogant? Besides Kessler saying he hated the Canadian team, nothing else has really been said... if anything they (Wilson & Burke) are giving way too much credit to the Canadians to keep the underdog theme going.

And while I have no problem with the Canadian women celebrating like that after the fact, if they did it right after the game when the US players (or any opponent) were still on the ice would have been pretty damn classless.
    Agreed, but they didn't.
    And I hadn't heard any trash talking from either the US or Canadian teams. The only retarded trash talk I've seen has been on these forums.
  • Rygar wrote:

Agreed, but they didn't.
    And I hadn't heard any trash talking from either the US or Canadian teams. The only retarded trash talk I've seen has been on these forums.

is trash talking not what makes sports exciting. Or make it more exciting i should say. do you think the canadian and US benches will be talking about the weather? hell no they bust balls. It's normal.
    I talk shit on here in support of the US. Doesn't mean i hate you or Canada. Just having fun with the moment. Some of you are kinda sensitive on here. This is a great game, why not have some fun with it?
    USA and Canada, so close yet so far
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    I really don't know what the big deal is with the women celebrating. Its been 4 years waiting. Tons of hours practising, games, travel. Let them celebrate, did they hurt anyone, atleast there wasn't a riot.........oh....... like some american cities seem to have when they win a championship in whatever sport.
    I don't think it was classless on their part either, the american women were probably gone already and like someone else stated, if it was in front of the american women, I agree that wouldn't be right, but they were gone. People need to quit looking for something to be negative about, it was a time of celebration :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    I really don't know what the big deal is with the women celebrating. Its been 4 years waiting. Tons of hours practising, games, travel. Let them celebrate, did they hurt anyone, atleast there wasn't a riot.........oh....... like some american cities seem to have when they win a championship in whatever sport.
    I don't think it was classless on their part either, the american women were probably gone already and like someone else stated, if it was in front of the american women, I agree that wouldn't be right, but they were gone. People need to quit looking for something to be negative about, it was a time of celebration :D

how quick you seem to forget the montreal riots but you have subjective memory so....and i could really care less about the celebrating. who cares and really who here is making a big deal about it?
    Which Montreal riot you talking about, when the dreadful Habs won or when the Guns N Roses concert was cut short? It doesn't matter anyways, the Quebecers are losers :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    is trash talking not what makes sports exciting. Or make it more exciting i should say. do you think the canadian and US benches will be talking about the weather? hell no they bust balls. It's normal.
    I talk shit on here in support of the US. Doesn't mean i hate you or Canada. Just having fun with the moment. Some of you are kinda sensitive on here. This is a great game, why not have some fun with it?
    USA and Canada, so close yet so far
    Nothing is wrong with trash talk, but when someone posts a picture of the dejected fans and has a good laugh about it, why is there a problem when a crying silver medallist is posted?

Actually I do have a problem with trash talk - it's one of many personal jinxes to do before the game ;)
    Canuckle Heads Show Up USA Women

tessa_bonhomme--300x250.jpg

The "ladies" from the Great White North decided to plop down at center ice after their gold-medal victory over the United States and quaff some beers as if they were in a Calgary trailer park -- not an Olympic venue.

After the American women, who lost, 2-0, Thursday, had left the arena to cry in their beer, the maple leaf-wearing hockey gals returned to Vancouver's Olympic hockey rink brews in hand.

With gold medals hanging from their necks, Haley Irwin was spotted pouring beer into the mouth of teammate Tessa Bonhomme. Goalie Charline Labonte sprawled out at center ice and plopped a bottle of brew right on top of the Olympic rings.

Reuters
    BREW-HOO: Canadian gals take to ice with beers andstogies after beating UnitedStates for hockey gold medal.
    Photos: Canadian women's hockey team celebrates win
    COMPLETE OLYMPICS COVERAGE

Some were lounging around with cigars. One gal tried to start the Zamboni.

Such "Strange Brew" antics left uptight Olympic officials steaming.

"[This is ] not what we want to see," said International Olympic Committee Executive Director Gilbert Felli. "If they celebrate in the changing room, that's one thing, but not in public."

The heat eventually drew an apology from Canadian hockey officials.

"The members of Team Canada apologize if their on-ice celebrations, after fans had left the building, have offended anyone," the sporting body said in a statement. "In the excitement of the moment, the celebration left the confines of our dressing room and shouldn't have.

"The team regrets that its gold-medal celebration may have caused the IOC or COC [Canadian Olympic Committee] any embarrassment."

Among normally laid-back Canadians, however, the levity raised few eyebrows.

"Let them celebrate, they WON GOLD FOR CANADA for goodness sakes," a reader posted on the Vancouver Sun's Web site.

Read more: http://nypostonline.com/p/news/internat ... z0glQOCvkL
    platessmall.jpg
    Why did you post that in every hockey thread?
    Rygar wrote:

1 -( 2 ) threads doesnt make " every thread "

2- we were addressing it here, so i added it here

and the other thread was the womens canada versus USA thread.

is that acceptable ?
    lol
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

is that acceptable ?
    lol
    Well it wasn't really being discussed here anyway.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

is that acceptable ?
    lol
    So what do you want to discuss, they are hockey players, that is how hockey player celebrate, especially Canadian hockey players. The NBA players do line's of Coke, MLB players inject steroids we drink beer.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

is that acceptable ?
    lol
    So what do you want to discuss, they are hockey players, that is how hockey player celebrate, especially Canadian hockey players. The NBA players do line's of Coke, MLB players inject steroids we drink beer.

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Wacky games in hockey this tourney. Only one team has consistently shown up to play every game (USA).
    Lets Go U S A
    platessmall.jpg
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this olympics flew by!

Anyhow, Lets Go U S A

By the way , the city of Vancouver have been s splendid host. What a beautiful city, where the Mountains meet the Ocean ,
    If I could do any traveling in the upcoming months, I would love to visit this scenic city.
    It absolutely photographs so well on all the coverage NBC has brought to our homes the past 2 weeks ,.....it looks so beautiful there .

Bettman is an ass and if he doesn't allow the players to play in Russia he will be hurt in Canada.
  • It has nothing to do with Bettman you tools, the NHLPA and the owners need to agree on it in a joint decision in the next CBA
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}