2010 Olympics: Men's Hockey

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    US vs Finland is one semi final. The fins might pose a challenge for the US.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Looks like Canada will face Slovakia :)

Whoops, might be a little early on this. Realised that it's only the end of the second period :oops:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    1-0 USA, 17:54 1st Period !

Ryan Malone scores !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Parise again, for 2-0 lead.
    platessmall.jpg
    3-0

this is easy,....what happen to The Finns?
    platessmall.jpg
    goalie yanked .
    platessmall.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    USA!

USA!

USA!

:mrgreen:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    FUCK YEAH!
    Kane, 4-0 .

Americans opening up the whoop ass!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Holy FUCK!
    watching with no sound,

watched Kiprosoff walk off, was he injured ?
    platessmall.jpg
    Kane, 2nd of game,

now 5-0 .
    platessmall.jpg
    6 :shock:
    platessmall.jpg
    Kane gunning for the Red White and Blue Hattrick !
    platessmall.jpg
    USA trying to over rout the canada - russian game.

:o
    platessmall.jpg
    Ryan
    miller not even getting tested- even on Finns PP.
    platessmall.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Nice to see Stastny finally steppin' his play up! What a call by Wilson to change up the top line. The Stastny-Parise-Langenbrunner line is lookin' "tight!"
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    i really like our(usa) chances to win gold. ron wilson and scott gordon picked the right group of players. got alota veterans and tons of good young players.

uh the teams havent been announced yet and I would be surprised if you even made it to the medal round. your defense could compete with the mighty ducks, yeah the movies, not the real team.
    bet your eating those words now EH

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    gold-usa
    sliver-Canada
    bronze-Russia

with basically all of canada watching the gold medal game team canada will choke under pressure

Your dreaming if you think your going to medal, remember Burke picked this team and Ron Wilson is a joke of a head coach. Canadian hockey players are used to the big lights. We have three big advantage's coaching, the San Jose trio, and the 2 chicago D. In a short tournament it's all about who can gel quickest, the 2 from chicago know each other and the San Jose trio form the top line in the NHL. Mike Babcock, I don't have to say anything about him, he'll have the team prepared. You had Burke pick your's, who many GM's in the NHL don't really respect, we had Stevie Y, hockey hall of famer, respected throughout the country, 3 time stanley cup champion as a player 1 as management, he knows who to pick. We may not win, but it won't be because we choke.
    and I'm still gonna keep on dreaming

:mrgreen:

yea dats right. usa is playing for gold

whose laughing now huh

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

U S A

U S A

U S A

U S A

• go usa!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    No pressue Canada ... the US is waiting ... ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    No pressue Canada ... the US is waiting ... ;)

hehehehehe
  • metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    i really like our(usa) chances to win gold. ron wilson and scott gordon picked the right group of players. got alota veterans and tons of good young players.

uh the teams havent been announced yet and I would be surprised if you even made it to the medal round. your defense could compete with the mighty ducks, yeah the movies, not the real team.
    bet your eating those words now EH

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah coz I said that before the teams were announced, and also, before Miller was looking like Tretiak, also, I still stand by the D comment, there D is weak, but they have obviously come together as a group and performed very well. I stand by what I said, I am surprised the US has made it to the gold medal game. I never said they wouldnt. I said I would be surprised.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3 ... e-act.html

THN.com Blog: Ovechkin shoving incident a suspendable act

None of us know the details regarding Alex Ovechkin shoving a person with a camera in the wake of Russia’s embarrassing 7-3 loss at the hands of the Canadians, but no matter what the circumstances – there simply isn't a situation, short of a physical altercation prior to filming, that justifies his actions – the Capitals and/or the NHL need to send a message by suspending him.

The once-congenial and ultra-media-friendly Ovechkin has shown progressive cracks in his off-ice demeanor for some time now, culminating with his Olympic availability where he essentially ignored the English media during the tournament.

Contrast that with the Alex the Great who spent hours on end, patiently working with THN's art director, Jamie Hodgson, for a photo shoot for our 2006 All Access Pass special edition.

To a large degree, Ovie’s surliness is understandable. The media and fan demands on players of his caliber are overwhelming and, as I believe is the case with any public figure, he has the right to privacy and free time away from the rink. Clearly he’s become beaten down by the burden of being a superstar.

But it’s one thing to withdraw from the public eye by denying media requests and refusing to comment, it’s quite another, very disturbing turn to apparently physically assault an onlooker, no matter whether the camera-person was a fan or member of the media and no matter how he was provoked.

Whether he likes it or not, Ovechkin is an ambassador to the NHL and hockey worldwide. Behavior of this ilk is unacceptable and the league – whether in conjunction with the team or not – must send a strong message. If Sean Avery was given six games for what essentially amounts to behavior detrimental to the sport, Ovechkin’s punishment must be in that ballpark.

When contacted by email Friday evening, both the league and the Washington Capitals responded by saying they had no comment on the incident.

The fact the shoving episode occurred during the hockey’s showcase event shouldn’t influence any consideration of punishment, but it’s a true shame this fiasco will detract from the current incredible display of skill on the ice and paint yet another black mark on the game.

Edward Fraser is the editor of thehockeynews.com. His blog appears Thursdays.

For more great profiles, news and views from the world of hockey, subscribe to The Hockey News magazine.

This just shows a lack of class as far as I'm concerned

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    metsfan wrote:
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31779-THNcom-Blog-Ovechkin-shoving-incident-a-suspendable-act.html

THN.com Blog: Ovechkin shoving incident a suspendable act

This just shows a lack of class as far as I'm concerned
    funny, my thread killing post in the Candada vs Russia thread was about Ovy blowing THN off n stuff...here they are calling for him to be suspended :lol:
    ya, he's a clown...and the longer he remains a LOSER (and a sore one at that), the more of an ass he'll become...
  • metsfan wrote:

So at the Olympics he acts like an ass to the media, and to someone with a camera, and the Caps/NHL should suspend him? That makes no sense to me...

However, it's the same league that suspended another jackass for 6 games for referring to some actress "sloppy seconds", yet suspends guys 2 games for driving someone's head through the boards. :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    metsfan wrote:

So at the Olympics he acts like an ass to the media, and to someone with a camera, and the Caps/NHL should suspend him? That makes no sense to me...

However, it's the same league that suspended another jackass for 6 games for referring to some actress "sloppy seconds", yet suspends guys 2 games for driving someone's head through the boards. :)

Yep thats right, the first incident was a string of incidence's that lead to 6 games, don't know about the second, but if he's a first time offender they'll let him off light.

People have to remember this is a rough sport, not baseball, it's also a reactionary sport and sometimes emotions get the best of people. As for Ovie, it was plain wrong what he did, but if this person stuck the camera in his face after the loss to Canada, well that was stupid, I never would have, Ovie wants to win, he takes losing personally and because of that the caps would never suspend him and I doubt the nhl cares because it's at the olympics.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    However, it's the same league that suspended another jackass for 6 games for referring to some actress "sloppy seconds"

was that avery?

:lol::lol:
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Yep thats right, the first incident was a string of incidence's that lead to 6 games, don't know about the second, but if he's a first time offender they'll let him off light.

People have to remember this is a rough sport, not baseball, it's also a reactionary sport and sometimes emotions get the best of people. As for Ovie, it was plain wrong what he did, but if this person stuck the camera in his face after the loss to Canada, well that was stupid, I never would have, Ovie wants to win, he takes losing personally and because of that the caps would never suspend him and I doubt the nhl cares because it's at the olympics.

aah so its the media guys fault, sorry that is BS, ovi is a star in the NHL he should be used to it, he needs to grow up.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}