*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

figures the bennett thing was too good to be true. so the sixers get 2 pieces of garbage and miami's first rounder (protected 1-10) this year....so probably mid to late teens/early 20's. meh. i guess that is about what you'd expect for thad's expiring contract, i guess.

twolves should be a fun, young bunch to watch

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/8/22/6055729/done-deal-thaddeus-young-traded-to-minnesota

....sounds a lot like the Sixers, sans Hinkie. Thad'll make them just good enough to be mediocre. Sounds pretty familar.

ONWARD WITH THE TANK!
    ....i'd be surprised if this team won 15 games. tank it up.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

figures the bennett thing was too good to be true. so the sixers get 2 pieces of garbage and miami's first rounder (protected 1-10) this year....so probably mid to late teens/early 20's. meh. i guess that is about what you'd expect for thad's expiring contract, i guess.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/8/22/6055729/done-deal-thaddeus-young-traded-to-minnesota

....sounds a lot like the Sixers, sans Hinkie. Thad'll make them just good enough to be mediocre. Sounds pretty familar.

ONWARD WITH THE TANK!
    ....i'd be surprised if this team won 15 games. tank it up.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I love this trade. sixers now have 2 firsts and 3 seconds in the 2015 draft. Hinkie is the shit.

As for the miami pick, this past year's 6 seed in the east earned the 16th pick. gotta figure that's about the heat's ceiling. I think the pick will end up being in the 10-16 range. And Hinkie will have plenty of assets to move up in the draft.

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying this team should be doing for the last ten years. Absolutely love it.
    The Fixer said:

I love this trade. sixers now have 2 firsts and 3 seconds in the 2015 draft. Hinkie is the shit.

As for the miami pick, this past year's 6 seed in the east earned the 16th pick. gotta figure that's about the heat's ceiling. I think the pick will end up being in the 10-16 range. And Hinkie will have plenty of assets to move up in the draft.

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying this team should be doing for the last ten years. Absolutely love it.
    i would have loved it if hinkie managed to get bennett. next year's draft is nowhere near as loaded as what we saw a couple months ago. hopefully wade and deng miss a bunch of games and that pick ends up being closer to 10 than 20.
    www.myspace.com

The Fixer said:

i would have loved it if hinkie managed to get bennett. next year's draft is nowhere near as loaded as what we saw a couple months ago. hopefully wade and deng miss a bunch of games and that pick ends up being closer to 10 than 20.
    all about acquiring assets, which is what they did.

no one knows what bennett is going to be. he could be the biggest bust in nba history. the pick they received could end up working out better. fact that hinkie had zero trade leverage (because thad was gone after this year anyway) results in a great return for the sixers. also assures they will miss the playoffs, which is a good thing for the upcoming year.
    edited August 2014
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

all about acquiring assets, which is what they did.

no one knows what bennett is going to be. he could be the biggest bust in nba history. the pick they received could end up working out better. fact that hinkie had zero trade leverage (because thad was gone after this year anyway) results in a great return for the sixers. also assures they will miss the playoffs, which is a good thing for the upcoming year.
    like i said, the return is about what you'd expect for thad in a year when he can opt out after the season. but i'd take bennett's upside over a high teen to low 20 pick in a weak draft any day of the week. dude lost 20 pounds, had surgery to improve his breathing, and balled in the summer league. hinkie was smart to at least take a shot at him, but it didn't work out.

there was no shot they were making the playoffs with thad anyway. the 2nd tank was already under way. miami still might be the 3rd or 4th best team in the east if they stay healthy. root for injuries.

also, draft's like this past year's happen once a decade in the nba. so that is why i wanted a little more of a known commodity.
    www.myspace.com
    I know all about the summer league, which is glorified pickup ball against most of guys who wont ever play in the nba (you're all about results in meaningless games today). Really doesn't have any bearing on how bennett's career is going to pan out. He's not the first guy to have a deviated septum corrected or to drop a bunch of weight. Fact of the matter is that he was a flawed prospect to begin with.

because the pick falls in the 10-20 range doesn't mean that's where they pick. they can use the asset to move up in the draft. get mudiay (love him already since he screwed larry brown over) or oubre assuming they don't win the lottery (a definite possibility since the nba draft is rigged and the league doesn't seem keen on how hinkie is flaunting his Plan). If hinkie doesn't like the draft options this year, he can move the pick for a better option next year. assets = options.

The Fixer said:

I know all about the summer league, which is glorified pickup ball against most of guys who wont ever play in the nba (you're all about results in meaningless games today). Really doesn't have any bearing on how bennett's career is going to pan out. He's not the first guy to have a deviated septum corrected or to drop a bunch of weight. Fact of the matter is that he was a flawed prospect to begin with.

because the pick falls in the 10-20 range doesn't mean that's where they pick. they can use the asset to move up in the draft. get mudiay (love him already since he screwed larry brown over) or oubre assuming they don't win the lottery (a definite possibility since the nba draft is rigged and the league doesn't seem keen on how hinkie is flaunting his Plan). If hinkie doesn't like the draft options this year, he can move the pick for a better option next year. assets = options.

yeah, we'll see. i think i made myself clear on where i stand. happy with the trade, would have loved it with bennett. no point on belaboring something we are on the same page with.

just root for injuries in miami.
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    edited September 2014
    I haven't seen a game yet, but it looks like Saric is putting up some decent stats at the World Cup.

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/Dario-SARIC
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    loving the dark lighting at wfc now. looks like old school spectrum style (and like modern day lakers and nets games).
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

loving the dark lighting at wfc now. looks like old school spectrum style (and like modern day lakers and nets games).

Also makes sense to do this to not draw attention to the plethora of empty seats.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

I think it looks terrible on the Lakers games. do you really want a brighter look on the court at a possible 10 win team? and if/when the league changes the rules on the lottery for next year is Hinkie still a genius if they end up with the 7th pick?
    edited October 2014
    pjhawks said:

I think it looks terrible on the Lakers games. do you really want a brighter look on the court at a possible 10 win team? and if/when the league changes the rules on the lottery for next year is Hinkie still a genius if they end up with the 7th pick?
    i think it looks great no matter how good the team is. it's more like the way it was when they played at the spectrum. there were a lot of bad teams there.

fixer is the one who blindly calls him a genius, not me. but the fact that they are rushing to implement it this year, kinda implies that he's been better at tanking than teams were in the past. kudos to harris for having the patience to go through with this too. most owners are not willing to sacrifice the loss of ticket sales for a few years.

still early, but looks like it will be a relatively weak draft class anyway.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    So no MCW until Dec/Jan? This could get ugly. Hinkie better be smarter than any of us can imagine.
    Triple tank!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

So no MCW until Dec/Jan? This could get ugly. Hinkie better be smarter than any of us can imagine.
    Triple tank!

did you see that article about saric not getting any playing time in turkey? he might want to try and get out of his contract and maybe come to the sixers earlier.......however, i gotta think it's not a good thing that they guy can't get off the bench in turkey.
    www.myspace.com

JK_Livin said:

Triple tank!

did you see that article about saric not getting any playing time in turkey? he might want to try and get out of his contract and maybe come to the sixers earlier.......however, i gotta think it's not a good thing that they guy can't get off the bench in turkey.
    I agree it's not a good sign on the surface but European teams are notorious for not playing young players. Brandon Jennings only got like 10 minutes a game when he 1st went over there. Saric did seem to play ok at the world championships.

if Carter-Williams is out until closer to Christmas dear god this team is going to be even more putrid. I'm thinking this team has a real legitimate chance to break the NBA record for fewest wins. double digits could be a struggle.
    Man, Joel Embiid's 14yr old brother died in some type of car accident. Brown, Hinkie and Luc skipped the game to spend time with him. That's a nice gesture and so sad.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Wow. Just checked out your team roster ... Houston Astro and Miami Marlen fans must be praising their lucky stars if they check the Sixers roster out.

If it wasn't for Embiid being in the draft, I wouldn't recognize a single player outside if wondering if that was the same Jason Richardson from years past or he just shared the same name and the real Jason Richardson died in a car crash 8 years ago.
    Jason P said:

Wow. Just checked out your team roster ... Houston Astro and Miami Marlen fans must be praising their lucky stars if they check the Sixers roster out.

If it wasn't for Embiid being in the draft, I wouldn't recognize a single player outside if wondering if that was the same Jason Richardson from years past or he just shared the same name and the real Jason Richardson died in a car crash 8 years ago.

same Jason Richardson that played at Michigan State and has been in the NBA for awhile. Missed most of last year with an injury and is out until about December this year.
    pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

same Jason Richardson that played at Michigan State and has been in the NBA for awhile. Missed most of last year with an injury and is out until about December this year.
    Hasn't he missed the past 2 years? He came in with Bynum.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    :)) Bo Outlaw

although this line-up has promise
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I saw that last night. Pretty funny and realistic.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    i'm pretty sure this team is going to break the record for least wins in the history of the league. i can't wait to see people's reactions when this team is something like 2-40.

www.myspace.com
    The double tank is on. Clap your hands everybody!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Poor Julius Randle.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    who are we tanking for this year?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD