*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

who are we tanking for this year?

Marshall Plumlee. He can fill the void when the folding chair flees for free agency at the end of the season.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Jason P said:

Marshall Plumlee. He can fill the void when the folding chair flees for free agency at the end of the season.

haha

www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

Here's a mock draft:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    cutz said:

Here's a mock draft:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft
    off to a good start then :-bd
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    edited October 2014
    isn't it great that a douche bag rich guy can take shots at a Hall of Fame coach and the only guy who has ever won a title in the NCAA and NBA as a head coach?

Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited October 2014
    pjhawks said:

isn't it great that a douche bag rich guy can take shots at a Hall of Fame coach and the only guy who has ever won a title in the NCAA and NBA as a head coach?

no, he was responding to the shots larry brown took at the sixers.

he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. love lb....but he was not very good at building teams. and he's dead wrong about the sixers right now, too.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. love lb....but he was not very good at building teams. and he's dead wrong about the sixers right now, too.
    he loses all credibility by mocking SMU for not being in the Final 4 last year and failing to realize that Brown has done a remarkable job turning that program around. he has built that pretty darn effectively.

the greatest thing the owners and Hinkie have done is convince people that being possibly the worst team in the history of the NBA is part of the plan. they marketed themselves so they can't be blamed for overseeing such a pathetic team. it really is brilliant when you think about it.
    edited October 2014
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

he loses all credibility by mocking SMU for not being in the Final 4 last year and failing to realize that Brown has done a remarkable job turning that program around. he has built that pretty darn effectively.

the greatest thing the owners and Hinkie have done is convince people that being possibly the worst team in the history of the NBA is part of the plan. they marketed themselves so they can't be blamed for overseeing such a pathetic team. it really is brilliant when you think about it.
    well that's stupid. but i think brown took the first shot by saying there are no good basketball people involved which is an insult to everyone including bret brown, who i think is a good coach. no reason for that.

god bless harris for having the balls to go through with this. snider never would. you need to either trade for or sign a superstar or get lucky in a great draft. they tried the superstar trade and that failed miserably...luckily the best draft in a decade was right around the corner.

this is a pretty knowledgeable fan base and we know how screwed up the nba is. so it's pretty cool that so many of us recognize this is the right way to rebuild this team at this point...as hard as it is to actually go through. even casual sixers fans who never watch or pay attention to them seem to have some interest in where this is going.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

well that's stupid. but i think brown took the first shot by saying there are no good basketball people involved which is an insult to everyone including bret brown, who i think is a good coach. no reason for that.

god bless harris for having the balls to go through with this. snider never would. you need to either trade for or sign a superstar or get lucky in a great draft. they tried the superstar trade and that failed miserably...luckily the best draft in a decade was right around the corner.

this is a pretty knowledgeable fan base and we know how screwed up the nba is. so it's pretty cool that so many of us recognize this is the right way to rebuild this team at this point...as hard as it is to actually go through. even casual sixers fans who never watch or pay attention to them seem to have some interest in where this is going.
    there aren't basketball people in the front office.

NHL is a different animal because any team that makes the playoffs can make a run at a title (see Rangers in the finals last year and the Flyers 4 years ago) so not a fair comparison of Snider to these Sixer douches. Harris comes across as a guy you just want to punch in the face when he opens his mouth and the CEO O'Neil is a Nova guy so a level of douchiness should be expected i guess.

hey i agree that tanking is the only way to get where you want to go in today's NBA but i do think the Sixers are taking this to a whole other level with how bad of a roster they currently have. there is tanking as an NBA team but they are putting a D-league team out there which is making a mockery of the whole league to the point they are going to change the rules because of what they are doing. yea you want the payoff down the line but it doesn't look or smell right for the league or the game itself to do it this blatantly. again i can't wait to see what people's reactions are when this team is something like 2-40.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    I'm convinced this guy lives in a basement.

I'm convinced this guy lives in a basement.

hurts so much coming from a guy who celebrated a guy getting cancer. stay classy dude.
    the basketball guys that lost their jobs over the last few years that larry brown is so upset about accomplished nothing. there are basketball guys there now, just a different kind. change should be welcomed after these last 30 years. l actually listened to that interview this morning. lb sounds about as out of touch as angelo cataldi. it was kind of sad to listen to.

the snider reference was not meant to compare them to the flyers. come on, man. he owned the sixers for over a decade while they languished in basketball hell. the point was he was afraid to make bold moves like the ones harris has over fears that people would stop coming to the games. I love the fact that harris is willing to take these chances in order to become an elite team a few years down the road.

and I wouldn't give 2 shits if they are 2-40 at some point this year. most people wouldn't. the ones that do, just don't get it.
    www.myspace.com
    I think Brown has a point but he's so far removed from the situation he shouldn't take shots. If he doesn't like it, fine. If someone insults me or my company, I'd fire back as well.

Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited October 2014

the basketball guys that lost their jobs over the last few years that larry brown is so upset about accomplished nothing. there are basketball guys there now, just a different kind. change should be welcomed after these last 30 years. l actually listened to that interview this morning. lb sounds about as out of touch as angelo cataldi. it was kind of sad to listen to.

the snider reference was not meant to compare them to the flyers. come on, man. he owned the sixers for over a decade while they languished in basketball hell. the point was he was afraid to make bold moves like the ones harris has over fears that people would stop coming to the games. I love the fact that harris is willing to take these chances in order to become an elite team a few years down the road.

and I wouldn't give 2 shits if they are 2-40 at some point this year. most people wouldn't. the ones that do, just don't get it.

i can't fathom being a fan of a team and not caring that they are 2-40. call me crazy. you proved my point though that Harris, O'Neil and Hinkie have done one of the greatest marketing jobs in the history of sports. they got a fan base believing that 2-40 is acceptable. that is fucking awesome.

Juggler love your passion for the Sixers and respect your complete faith in the current guys running the squad and i hope your unrelenting belief in their process is rewarded down the line. i'd hate to think years were wasted on a broken promise by these guys.

if you haven't learned by now I'm pretty damn cynical by nature, especially of those who act like geniuses before they've accomplished anything. if/when these guys show me they were correct then i'll pat them on the back

JK_Livin said:

I think Brown has a point but he's so far removed from the situation he shouldn't take shots. If he doesn't like it, fine. If someone insults me or my company, I'd fire back as well.

i have no problem with O'Neil defending what the Sixers are doing but his comment about Brown and SMU is so wrong it makes him look like he doesn't have a clue.

pjhawks said:

i can't fathom being a fan of a team and not caring that they are 2-40. call me crazy. you proved my point though that Harris, O'Neil and Hinkie have done one of the greatest marketing jobs in the history of sports. they got a fan base believing that 2-40 is acceptable. that is fucking awesome.

Juggler love your passion for the Sixers and respect your complete faith in the current guys running the squad and i hope your unrelenting belief in their process is rewarded down the line. i'd hate to think years were wasted on a broken promise by these guys.

yup. chalk you up as one of the ones who don't get it. cataldi is in that camp too. congrats. I don't have complete faith in anyone. I just recognize that the previous way never worked for an extremely long time. doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity.

I don't really understand what your point is because, in the past, you've said you agreed with tanking. now you disagree with it? if you are for a full on rebuild like this, it shouldn't matter how bad their record is.

also, i'd like to add that it is not surprising to see you did not realize ed snider owned this team for over a decade. stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

www.myspace.com
    edited October 2014

pjhawks said:

yup. chalk you up as one of the ones who don't get it. cataldi is in that camp too. congrats. I don't have complete faith in anyone. I just recognize that the previous way never worked for an extremely long time. doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity.

I don't really understand what your point is because, in the past, you've said you agreed with tanking. now you disagree with it? if you are for a full on rebuild like this, it shouldn't matter how bad their record is.

also, i'd like to add that it is not surprising to see you did not realize ed snider owned this team for over a decade. stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

i knew Snider owned the team but i don't think even 1% of his time was spent dealing with the Sixers. he was just the name at the top of the list but really had zero to do with the day to day operation.

i agree that tanking is the way to go but i have a hard time saying 2-40 is acceptable or that being the worst team in the history of the league possibly is ok in any way shape or form. to me there is big difference in what they put out last year, before the trades, as opposed to this year. they really are making a mockery of the league. that's not a good thing in my mind. i really think they could do it a lot less blatantly and achieve the same results down the line.

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

i have no problem with O'Neil defending what the Sixers are doing but his comment about Brown and SMU is so wrong it makes him look like he doesn't have a clue.

I'll give you that.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/10/31/7133819/the-sixers-dont-need-larry-brown-nba-draft-rebuild
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i knew Snider owned the team but i don't think even 1% of his time was spent dealing with the Sixers. he was just the name at the top of the list but really had zero to do with the day to day operation.

i agree that tanking is the way to go but i have a hard time saying 2-40 is acceptable or that being the worst team in the history of the league possibly is ok in any way shape or form. to me there is big difference in what they put out last year, before the trades, as opposed to this year. they really are making a mockery of the league. that's not a good thing in my mind.

you're wrong about the snider thing. he didn't make any basketball decisions, obviously, but big moves are going to have to be run past the owner. he was afraid too afraid of people abandoning his team to do what this team is doing now. and he was always courtside for home games.

okay, 2-40 is just some dumb number you are throwing out there before they've even played 2 games. whether they win 10 or 15 games this year---it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. no difference what so ever.

plus--their top pick is out for the season. I don't think they intended to purposely be this bad. if wiggins or parker was available at 3, they absolutely would have taken them. unfortunately they were gone and the sixers were left with the next best player, who just happened to be hurt. the goal is a few years down the road, not to win a couple more games that won't do them any good this year.

in 2 years hinkie has drafted the rookie of the year, the guy (noel) who would've been the top pick if he wasn't hurt.....then this past year he got a guy who many consider the best player (embieed) and another who would've been a top 5 pick had he not chosen to hone his game overseas for a couple years. so you're talking 4 of the best players in the last 2 drafts all under team control...I also like mcdaniels too, who many considered a 1st round talent. you'll then have a top pick next summer and more cap space than anyone in the league to surround these guys with.---yeah, I have no problem with any of this what so ever.

www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I'll give you that.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/10/31/7133819/the-sixers-dont-need-larry-brown-nba-draft-rebuild
    good stuff. libertyballers is a fantastic sixers site.
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i agree that tanking is the way to go but i have a hard time saying 2-40 is acceptable or that being the worst team in the history of the league possibly is ok in any way shape or form. to me there is big difference in what they put out last year, before the trades, as opposed to this year. they really are making a mockery of the league. that's not a good thing in my mind.

you're wrong about the snider thing. he didn't make any basketball decisions, obviously, but big moves are going to have to be run past the owner. he was afraid too afraid of people abandoning his team to do what this team is doing now. and he was always courtside for home games.

okay, 2-40 is just some dumb number you are throwing out there before they've even played 2 games. whether they win 10 or 15 games this year---it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. no difference what so ever.

plus--their top pick is out for the season. I don't think they intended to purposely be this bad. if wiggins or parker was available at 3, they absolutely would have taken them. unfortunately they were gone and the sixers were left with the next best player, who just happened to be hurt. the goal is a few years down the road, not to win a couple more games that won't do them any good this year.

in 2 years hinkie has drafted the rookie of the year, the guy (noel) who would've been the top pick if he wasn't hurt.....then this past year he got a guy who many consider the best player (embieed) and another who would've been a top 5 pick had he not chosen to hone his game overseas for a couple years. so you're talking 4 of the best players in the last 2 drafts all under team control...I also like mcdaniels too, who many considered a 1st round talent. you'll then have a top pick next summer and more cap space than anyone in the league to surround these guys with.---yeah, I have no problem with any of this what so ever.

ok let me summarize my take in an easier way for you.

there is a difference between agreeing with and liking something.

i agree they had to tank to get the process going but i don't like it, especially the way are doing this year. it goes against every good principle of sports.

when a league is going to drastically change a rule because of something negative you have done it can't be a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

ok let me summarize my take in an easier way for you.

there is a difference between agreeing with and liking something.

i agree they had to tank to get the process going but i don't like it, especially the way are doing this year. it goes against every good principle of sports.

when a league is going to drastically change a rule because of something negative you have done it can't be a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

nobody likes being a bad team (again- they would have preferred to be better but wiggins and parker were gone and embieed is hurt). but this is the nba and this is the system they have set up, so why not exploit it as best you can?

and the fact that they tried, and failed, to change the rule (it was voted down last month) primarily because of the sixers, well, you know that is a sign that they are better and more committed to the process than any other team in the past...that's a good thing.

don't hate the player, hate the game-- I cannot believe I just typed those words, but they absolutely ring true.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Snider did not give half a fuck about the Sixers

Snider did not give half a fuck about the Sixers

....he only cared about the bottom line with the sixers, right? that is why he would never go for a full on rebuild. as long as people showed up and he got the extra revenue from 2 playoff games, he was happy. horrible owner.
    www.myspace.com
    NERLENS!
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Miami tonight image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2014
    typical thread

pjhawks being totally wrong

jeagler backtracking after saying dumb shit (regurgitation of what media says due to lack of watching
    sports = macknow comments...followed by false confidence because a philly team won a game or is on verge of finishing 500).

jearlpam being indifferent but funny

cliff being a dick (but funny because philly fans deserve it)

then, pjhawks tries to defend himself because....well, who knows why someone who is always wrong is so defensive? perplexing. seriously, larry brown....haha, who defends that dude? especially after his sixers tenure? then again, some here liked evan turner and thought the sixers were on the verge of contention just a few years ago after winning a first round playoff series vs a team who lost their two best players (those people have to feel not smart)

an aforementioned poster pining for anthony bennett to come to philly via trade. hahahahahahaha

GO SIXERS (some people have been cheering that since hinkie took over...some don't like hinkie, and are trying to start fires with rocks while pimping ryan howard). good times!

I really wish they would bring back doug collins and tony dileo

Also, Hinkie!!
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014

feels weird saying this but at least the celtics have won some games. and the sixers are only a game or two away from having the 2nd most losses in the league.

turner is playing at an all star level so far.

amazing. haha

history of this thread is the best.