9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Heat game was about what I expected. They can't defend a team like that. At one point, the lineup the Sixers had on the court was embarrassing. They basically would have to not miss a single shot to beat the Heat. Allen and Hawes can hit an open jumper and no one drives but Jrue.

I just saw the Melo play from last night and how wasn't he ejected? Don't they go to replay on plays like that?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    you guys are kinda stuck ... although i have said that a playoff berth is a worthy goal - i do kinda side with the fixer now ... you're better off shutting bynum down ... trading turner and hawes ... and then trying to score a top 5 pick this summer ...

the really sad part is you're like 4 games out of a playoff spot ... it's doable ... but if he doesn't play soon ... i think you should shut him down ...

ah, someone finally see the light.

glad they stayed pat at the deadline. gotta keep this beast squad intact. If that smith for turner/hawes deal was on the table that is ridiculous that they turned it down. Even if smith signed elsewhere, it's still addition by subtraction (and gets them closer to where they should be trying to go, which is to be as bad as possible)

they're such a joke. same old sixers
    :fp: :fp: :fp:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited February 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:

yup...at this point, just lose. maybe jrue comes down with a mystery illness or something.

no bynum, no richardson, no thad for a month = this team had no chance. get a decent pick/or package it in a trade...use the cap space and reload for next year.

the smith trade would have just made them a little bit better for this year...maybe squeaking into the playoffs/losing a lottery pick. i'm glad that didn't happen. it's now tank time.

..thank god for the college teams this year.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

yup...at this point, just lose. maybe jrue comes down with a mystery illness or something.

no bynum, no richardson, no thad for a month = this team had no chance. get a decent pick/or package it in a trade...use the cap space and reload for next year.

the smith trade would have just made them a little bit better for this year...maybe squeaking into the playoffs/losing a lottery pick. i'm glad that didn't happen. it's now tank time.

As a head coach, you can't walk off the court before the games over. Maybe we'll be like the Bulls and win some championships after Doug's gone? :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

As a head coach, you can't walk off the court before the games over. Maybe we'll be like the Bulls and win some championships after Doug's gone? :lol::lol::lol:

he looked like he was about ready to say "fuck it. i quit" last night. :lol: .....everyone knows his track record but it's just amazing that it plays out almost exactly to form no matter where he's at.

tough to blame him with the way things have gone this year though.
    www.myspace.com
    I just read a stat that said there were 84 missed FG's in the game last night. Spencer Hawes didn't get 83 of them, he's 7'1"!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

he's part of the problem. has he ever successfully developed a young big guy? get rid of him too

would also help to have a ya know, real GM :roll:

glad to see everyone finally coming over to my side. only way this team gets out of this 30 year cycle of crap is to tear this roster down and start over.
    edited February 2013
    umm...they tore up the roster last year. you realise they only brought 4 guys back from last year's team right?

to the casual observer, just looking at the record, this is the same kind of sixers organization we always have had. but that is not true. the typical sixers move, after getting to within 1 game of the conference finals last year would be to keep the status quo and hope to improve.

this regime realized they had a tremendous amount of luck to make it that far and gutted the roster. they traded their best player and shed themselves of a huge bad contract/got rid of their leader. they swung for the fences for what would be considered the best center in the eastern conference if healthy. these are all precisely UNsixer like moves.

obviously this has not worked out quite so well. :lol: the guy they built their team around has not played 1 second. the risk was worth the reward. and most people recognize that. it just didnt work out. this team was pretty much assembled like the dwight howard magic teams before that went bad. imagine that '09 team if howard missed the whole season. they would be in a similar position that the sixers find themselves in now.

this season has turned into an unmitigated disaster, so now you tank (seems like they already are). get a good pick. they have cap space. they do not have any long term contracts except jrue and thad. huge off season is coming up. the typical sixers would not have any flexibility to improve. this team has flexibility.

and that josh smith trade that you hoped would happen would have been a regular sixersy type move by the way. i'm surprised you were for that. they're still only a handfull of games out of a playoff spot. that would have made them a little bit better in the short term. might have slipped into the 8 seed. we don't need that. turner and hawes only have 1 year left on their contracts. those are tradeable parts this summer if they so choose.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    They should seriously consider selling the franchise..then again, who the hell would want this product in their city.

This is a "paint by numbers" example of how not to run a franchise.
    There is zero end in sight for Philly basketball fans.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    They should seriously consider selling the franchise..then again, who the hell would want this product in their city.

...they just bought the franchise a year ago :lol:
    www.myspace.com

...they just bought the franchise a year ago :lol:
    :lol: I feel bad for them.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a battle of blah tonight folks. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    bynum diagnosed with degenerative knee condition ...
    polaris_x wrote:

i'm shocked, shocked
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i'm shocked, shocked

hahaha
    If George Costanza was the GM, he'd be able to get Kyrie Irving, Kobe and Howard on :lol: this team.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgaPAesZjjX2W1tXSunu7Dye-otdlMEUXMK4t3xlIoLJLKLgEKRQ
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    You can't stop him, you can only hope yo contain him. #Noah

:wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    Is this official or was this the tidbit of info released by Skip Bayless? :shifty:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Is this official or was this the tidbit of info released by Skip Bayless? :shifty:

don't think it was official as bynum is basically rehabbing with his own doctors and the team finds out second ... on one hand it's bayless ... on the other ... bynum didn't show for his usual presser ... so, i'm guessing it's true ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

don't think it was official as bynum is basically rehabbing with his own doctors and the team finds out second ... on one hand it's bayless ... on the other ... bynum didn't show for his usual presser ... so, i'm guessing it's true ...

read an article a few years back about his knee's. there has always been serious concern about them, which is i'm sure that's why the lakers traded him. smart move on their part.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'd like to line up the 6 Doctor's that cleared Bynum to play and make them Sixers season ticket holders for life. If it wasn't for bad luck, the 76ers wouldn't have much luck at all.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    If it wasn't for bad luck, the 76ers wouldn't have much luck at all.

truer words have never been typed in here.
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    JK_Livin wrote:

Not so sure about that. Anyone who followed Bynum during his HS career knew he was injury-prone then. That, and he wouldn't play with a LITTLE boo-boo> :lol: .
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I know nothing of the 76ers, but this thread has my favorite thread title. There is just something about it. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    cutz wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Not so sure about that. Anyone who followed Bynum during his HS career knew he was injury-prone then. That, and he wouldn't play with a LITTLE boo-boo> :lol: .

well this is true...but he had to pass a physical in order for the trade to go through. nobody expected him to miss an entire season.
    www.myspace.com