*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    dude, forgot to ask you about this...

does anyone in your family have their own business? an IT, telecom type thing.

I was at the doc with the wife a couple of weeks ago in bryn mawr...I parked next to a work van that had your name on it. I thought you might have been stalking me :o

haha...was it blue?

Indeed. Dark blue
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    dude, forgot to ask you about this...

does anyone in your family have their own business? an IT, telecom type thing.

I was at the doc with the wife a couple of weeks ago in bryn mawr...I parked next to a work van that had your name on it. I thought you might have been stalking me :o

haha...was it blue?

Indeed. Dark blue

yeah that was probably my pops. he's retired but does that part time to stay busy. that's pretty funny. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

yeah that was probably my pops. he's retired but does that part time to stay busy. that's pretty funny. :lol:

fucking small world.

JP used to live next to my wife
    Cliff lives a block from where I used to live
    Now I'm bumping into jugglers family on OBGYN visits.

Pretty crazy
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think brooklyn will give the heat all they can handle. miami is really soft and lopez, wallace, humphries can pound them down low. Really like the way the nets roster is put together.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that even if they don't re-sign bynum (which they shouldn't, but prob will...because they're the sixers), there are still 8 other teams who will have more cap money than the sixers this offseason. Look at their roster and tell me how that is possible. Like I said, they will have so little room for error with their FA acquisitions that I think it's far fetched to envision this team pulling all the right strings to get to where they need to be. You know how the nba works...you need to be terrible in order to get good. They were a bit unlucky the year they landed the 2 overall pick. Turner is not what you want there (cousins or favors paired with holiday would be nice right about now).

Just call them the Philly 7 or 6 seeds

brooklyn is playing well now but i'm not convinced ... i do however feel like they at least have given their fans a chance and that's all anyone can really ask for in the nba ... i understand the part about getting draft picks but this is the nba ... the lottery is rigged and even if you get a top pick - it's not always gonna have elite level talent ... this most recent draft year was supposedly loaded but are lillard and davis going to be elite like durant, james, kobe, paul or a d. rose? ... you could lose perpetually for years and not get anyone that is gonna carry your franchise ...

the flip side is - it's also really hard to tank in the eastern conference with so many shit teams ... i mean you have to lose worst than the bobcats and the wizards ... and also lose more to teams out west who routinely play the thunder, clippers and spurs all the time ... it's not easy to lose without totally disrespecting your fan base ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think brooklyn will give the heat all they can handle. miami is really soft and lopez, wallace, humphries can pound them down low. Really like the way the nets roster is put together.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that even if they don't re-sign bynum (which they shouldn't, but prob will...because they're the sixers), there are still 8 other teams who will have more cap money than the sixers this offseason. Look at their roster and tell me how that is possible. Like I said, they will have so little room for error with their FA acquisitions that I think it's far fetched to envision this team pulling all the right strings to get to where they need to be. You know how the nba works...you need to be terrible in order to get good. They were a bit unlucky the year they landed the 2 overall pick. Turner is not what you want there (cousins or favors paired with holiday would be nice right about now).

Just call them the Philly 7 or 6 seeds

brooklyn is playing well now but i'm not convinced ... i do however feel like they at least have given their fans a chance and that's all anyone can really ask for in the nba ... i understand the part about getting draft picks but this is the nba ... the lottery is rigged and even if you get a top pick - it's not always gonna have elite level talent ... this most recent draft year was supposedly loaded but are lillard and davis going to be elite like durant, james, kobe, paul or a d. rose? ... you could lose perpetually for years and not get anyone that is gonna carry your franchise ...

the flip side is - it's also really hard to tank in the eastern conference with so many shit teams ... i mean you have to lose worst than the bobcats and the wizards ... and also lose more to teams out west who routinely play the thunder, clippers and spurs all the time ... it's not easy to lose without totally disrespecting your fan base ...

I'm all for getting disrespected in the short term if it helps long term. Sucking for a few years and getting top 5 picks certainly can't be any more disrespectful than finishing on the cusp of the playoffs (in a shit conf like you said) every damn year.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm all for getting disrespected in the short term if it helps long term. Sucking for a few years and getting top 5 picks certainly can't be any more disrespectful than finishing on the cusp of the playoffs (in a shit conf like you said) every damn year.

but how many people would truly put up with it? ... like seasons ticket holders?

and sure bynum has only averaged 56 games but last year was only a 66 game season ... and he played most of those games ... so, it wasn't unreasonable to assume he would play at least 2/3rds of this season ... plus, if he comes back at the break like he thinks - you got a decent stretch to get into the playoffs and maybe get through 1 or 2 rounds ... that's not so bad ... considering perpetually losing doesn't get you anywhere ... look at the bobcats and the wizards ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

but how many people would truly put up with it? ... like seasons ticket holders?

and sure bynum has only averaged 56 games but last year was only a 66 game season ... and he played most of those games ... so, it wasn't unreasonable to assume he would play at least 2/3rds of this season ... plus, if he comes back at the break like he thinks - you got a decent stretch to get into the playoffs and maybe get through 1 or 2 rounds ... that's not so bad ... considering perpetually losing doesn't get you anywhere ... look at the bobcats and the wizards ...

they are 21st in attendance. no one is going to these games anyway

cats and wiz are two examples. cavs are doing it right...nets, thunder, clips are all teams who have made it work
    The Fixer wrote:

cats and wiz are two examples. cavs are doing it right...nets, thunder, clips are all teams who have made it work

the nets are over the cap in into some serious luxury tax issues ... the thunder hit the jackpot by getting durant (like i said - elite guys don't come that often) and the clippers benefited from some league manipulation ... get chris paul there for not a whole lot and guarantee new orleans gets the first pick overall in the following draft ...

as for the cavs - it's wait and see i guess as they got kyrie but not much else ... guys like thomson and waiters are serviceable role players but they clearly need help to be a championship contending team ...
    nets also got deron the same way we got bynum.

thunder and clips were terrible for a long ass time before finally having any luck.
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the nets are over the cap in into some serious luxury tax issues ... the thunder hit the jackpot by getting durant (like i said - elite guys don't come that often) and the clippers benefited from some league manipulation ... get chris paul there for not a whole lot and guarantee new orleans gets the first pick overall in the following draft ...

as for the cavs - it's wait and see i guess as they got kyrie but not much else ... guys like thomson and waiters are serviceable role players but they clearly need help to be a championship contending team ...

thunder also drafted westbrook and harden in the top 5. clips drafted griffin and bledsoe. etc.

I would trade the sixers situation for the cavs situation in a second
    The Fixer wrote:
    thunder also drafted westbrook and harden in the top 5. clips drafted griffin and bledsoe. etc.

ya but it's all about durant in okc now ... harden is gone and they got role players back ... westbrook is shooting like 42% on volume this year ... clippers were not gonna win anything with griffin as the centrepiece ... it's all about paul ... and getting him to a major market like LA ...

i guess we'll see in a few years time if the CAVs get anywhere ... nothing is guaranteed ... they will probably end up with a top 7 pick but this year's draft isn't supposed to be that deep ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ya but it's all about durant in okc now ... harden is gone and they got role players back ... westbrook is shooting like 42% on volume this year ... clippers were not gonna win anything with griffin as the centrepiece ... it's all about paul ... and getting him to a major market like LA ...

i guess we'll see in a few years time if the CAVs get anywhere ... nothing is guaranteed ... they will probably end up with a top 7 pick but this year's draft isn't supposed to be that deep ...

yes, star players win in the nba. that's no revelation.

nothing guaranteed, but the cavs are in a much better spot than the sixers, who have no discernible plan for the 30th consecutive year. as a fan, it's kind of old
    just read hollinger's scouting report on turner. pretty funny (and consistent with my view of him)

Turner took over a starting job last season and played heavy minutes for a team that was a game from the conference finals. As a result, a lot of people are under the mistaken impression that he's good. Offensively, however, he remains a huge negative capable of creating lots of low-percentage shots but few easy ones.

Look at Turner's shot chart and he doesn't seem bad -- he shot 39.4 percent from beyond 10 feet and 66.7 percent at the rim. That's good, right? Indeed, his two-point shooting percentage was above the league average for shooting guards.

But he was dead last in secondary percentage. Turner has one of the lowest free throw rates at his position and never makes 3s, an impossibly inefficient combination that put him fifth from the bottom in true shooting percentage. He's a good passer -- one who tends to make high-value assists -- but not a great one, and his forays inside the 3-point line have a high turnover cost.

So it all looks pretty good while it's happening, but he's actually quietly killing the offense.

The one thing Turner does well is defensive rebound, and I mean he does it phenomenally well. Turner's 22.2 defensive rebound rate not only led all shooting guards, it was quite likely the best of all-time by a guard. Position definitions can be hazy, but a basketball-reference.com search produced nobody in the same zip code -- Jason Kidd's 20.8 in 2006-07 was the best I could do. Turner's mark would have ranked in the top quarter of power forwards and bested a majority of the league's centers; Pau Gasol, Emeka Okafor, Roy Hibbert and Paul Millsap all had worse defensive rebound rates than Turner.
    his rebound rate is a function of shitty rebounding bigs ... it isn't a function of his ability ... same thing in reverse tho - his assists have to be a function of his teammates being able to shoot ... he's always gonna be hurt by being drafted 2nd ahead of favors, cousins, monroe and paul george ... all of whom would be a better fit right now i think ... although cousins is a head case as well ...
    hollinger writes those things before the season starts. he's not even at espn anymore. he's the vp of player personnel at memphis. turner's numbers have exceeded his projections in most categories including the 2 that he ripped him most for: free throw rate and 3pt%.

let's put things into perspective...turner has been plugged into iguadala's role this year. andre iguadala is a much better defender. one of the best in the league. but in most categories, turner is outperforming him this year (better than most of iggy's numbers from last year too):

turner 14pts...6.7rbs...4.5asts...43%fg...41%3pt...76%ft
    iggy 13.3pts...5.5rbs...4.5asts...43fg%...30%3pt...61%ft

better overall offensive production at a fraction of the cost. i'm fine with this kind of production at this point in his career. if you consider yourself a bigger fan if iguadala than most, i don't get all the nonstop hate. he's no star but has gotten better each year.

ideally you would have liked more from the number 2 overall pick at this point. but as polaris points out, the nba draft is a total crap shoot. as far as number 2 picks are concerned, you could say turner has been better than most going back to the turn of the century really...

...but if they failed to find a star with that pick, it's looking like they found one with the 17th pick just a couple years earlier. the thad young pick a couple years before that was a strong one as well. so it's not like they have drafted horribly.

they just need that low post presence to compete in this conference.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    just liken the flyers did, nice solid win on my b-day! :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    just liken the flyers did, nice solid win on my b-day! :mrgreen:

holiday was on fire. solid game by the villian too.

that was the start of an 8 game home stand leading up to the break and, hopefully, the debut of bynum. figure they gotta win at least 5 or 6 of these.
    www.myspace.com
    :x kinda disappointing loss tonight.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    WOW, didn't realize how bad Orlando was :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    thad out 3 weeks. this team just cannot catch a break...
    www.myspace.com
    Lavoy Allen!!!

22 rebounds :shock: :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    iguadala last night:

29 minutes
    0-7 fg
    0-1 3pg
    1-4 ft
    3 reb
    7 asts
    1 to
    multiple air balls.

yikes :o
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Ugh. I have tix for Saturday v. The Heat. Before the season started, I was really hoping Bynum would be playing by now. How the hell am I supposed to enjoy this game?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Ugh. I have tix for Saturday v. The Heat. Before the season started, I was really hoping Bynum would be playing by now. How the hell am I supposed to enjoy this game?

...that will not be pretty.
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    JK_Livin wrote:

By watching the BEST player in the game?

Bynum wouldn't play when he had a BOO-BOO when he was in Highschool, so i'm not SURPRISED that he's STILL not playing. Bruised knees? SUCKS cuz he would help the sixers ALOT.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:

...that will not be pretty.

It's already not pretty. My wife got an email through work about these tix before the season started and I said to get a pair. She did and they arrived a couple weeks ago. I looked at them last night for the 1st time. The price on the ticket was $25 for sec 219. Then I looked at the receipt and it showed $50ea. Turns out it was a broker service that her work uses and she didn't know. Now we know. I feel violated, $100 for 2 Sixers tix!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    you guys are kinda stuck ... although i have said that a playoff berth is a worthy goal - i do kinda side with the fixer now ... you're better off shutting bynum down ... trading turner and hawes ... and then trying to score a top 5 pick this summer ...

the really sad part is you're like 4 games out of a playoff spot ... it's doable ... but if he doesn't play soon ... i think you should shut him down ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    you guys are kinda stuck ... although i have said that a playoff berth is a worthy goal - i do kinda side with the fixer now ... you're better off shutting bynum down ... trading turner and hawes ... and then trying to score a top 5 pick this summer ...

the really sad part is you're like 4 games out of a playoff spot ... it's doable ... but if he doesn't play soon ... i think you should shut him down ...

it's a wasted season at this point.

thad and richardson have been out for a long time too. they don't have a shot if 3/5's of their lineup is not on the court.

part of me still wants to see what this team looks like with bynum healthy...but at this point, it is basically a lost season so not making the playoffs would be fine by me.

so incredibly frustrating. i'm at a loss with what to do with bynum.....on one hand, if the guy is healthy, they'd have the best center on the conference to go with an all star point guard and some other nice pieces.....on the other hand, this is the sixers and he might never be fully healthy ever again. is the risk in resigning him worth the reward? i don't know. it's not an easy answer.

what say you?
    www.myspace.com
    it's a wasted season at this point.

thad and richardson have been out for a long time too. they don't have a shot if 3/5's of their lineup is not on the court.

part of me still wants to see what this team looks like with bynum healthy...but at this point, it is basically a lost season so not making the playoffs would be fine by me.

so incredibly frustrating. i'm at a loss with what to do with bynum.....on one hand, if the guy is healthy, they'd have the best center on the conference to go with an all star point guard and some other nice pieces.....on the other hand, this is the sixers and he might never be fully healthy ever again. is the risk in resigning him worth the reward? i don't know. it's not an easy answer.

what say you?

well ... like i said when the trade was first made ... it was a high risk high reward proposition ... risk not only being his health but his mental make up as well ... also, hard to say whether his success was related to playing with kobe and pau ...

personally, i would see what he wants ... if he wants max money and big term ... forget it ... i'll let him go ... maybe try and get some pieces for a sign and trade ... if he's willing to take a deal that is loaded with incentives based on health and performance ... go for it ...

thing is - it's pretty obvious that you need top end talent in this league ... and there really isn't a lot of it floating around in FA ... so, you have to draft good ... getting lottery picks are not easy to come by either ...