*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I know nothing of the 76ers, but this thread has my favorite thread title. There is just something about it. :)

clap your hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKK3GVd150
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I know nothing of the 76ers, but this thread has my favorite thread title. There is just something about it. :)

clap your hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKK3GVd150
    :clap:
    Highly enjoyable. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    well this is true...but he had to pass a physical in order for the trade to go through. nobody expected him to miss an entire season.

Yea, that's a GREAT question: How in the hell did Bynum pass the physical?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    umm...they tore up the roster last year. you realise they only brought 4 guys back from last year's team right?

to the casual observer, just looking at the record, this is the same kind of sixers organization we always have had. but that is not true. the typical sixers move, after getting to within 1 game of the conference finals last year would be to keep the status quo and hope to improve.

this regime realized they had a tremendous amount of luck to make it that far and gutted the roster. they traded their best player and shed themselves of a huge bad contract/got rid of their leader. they swung for the fences for what would be considered the best center in the eastern conference if healthy. these are all precisely UNsixer like moves.

obviously this has not worked out quite so well. :lol: the guy they built their team around has not played 1 second. the risk was worth the reward. and most people recognize that. it just didnt work out. this team was pretty much assembled like the dwight howard magic teams before that went bad. imagine that '09 team if howard missed the whole season. they would be in a similar position that the sixers find themselves in now.

this season has turned into an unmitigated disaster, so now you tank (seems like they already are). get a good pick. they have cap space. they do not have any long term contracts except jrue and thad. huge off season is coming up. the typical sixers would not have any flexibility to improve. this team has flexibility.

and that josh smith trade that you hoped would happen would have been a regular sixersy type move by the way. i'm surprised you were for that. they're still only a handfull of games out of a playoff spot. that would have made them a little bit better in the short term. might have slipped into the 8 seed. we don't need that. turner and hawes only have 1 year left on their contracts. those are tradeable parts this summer if they so choose.

the problem is that they brought back hawes on a new deal...refused to trade turner (and hawes)...then brought in a bunch of crap like nick young, kwame brown, etc. they should have more avail cap space than they do, but they wasted money on a bunch of stiffs this past offseason.

I dont understand collins insistence on playing royal ivey. They have to get a new coach (again).

trading for smith wouldn't have necessarily made them better. this team has so many holes I dont think one player makes that much of a difference. getting rid of the two stiffs would have accelerated clearing cap space (assuming they don't re-sign bynum, which will probably happen because they are still the same old sixers) and making them a weaker team next year (giving them a top 5 pick).

This franchise is a lost cause. Tear it all down and start over. Please...just do the right thing for once
    i just think trading for smith would have given them the low post presence they are presently missing. pairing him with an all star point guard, would have made them a bit better. you'd also open up some better looks for their wings who have not gotten many this year without bynum clogging the lane.

then you'd be tinkering on the 8 seed again, as they're not that far away from it in the east. as they've demonstrated this year, it's easier to lose without a decent big guy than it is with one. :lol:

turner and hawes only have a year left. they are very tradeable this summer if need be.

huge off season coming up.
    www.myspace.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Bob Ford article:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/six ... _fade.html

"I loved playing basketball, so I would play in pain. I did that for many years," Magic Johnson said over the weekend on an ESPN pregame show. "Andrew Bynum was here in Los Angeles with the Lakers. He wasn't a guy who could tolerate pain. When he was injured, he wasn't a guy who worked hard to get back. This doesn't surprise me."
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    a look at the options the sixers will have to consider this summer...

http://www.the700level.com/basketball-p ... eedID=8510
    www.myspace.com
    a look at the options the sixers will have to consider this summer...

http://www.the700level.com/basketball-p ... eedID=8510

their issues start from the top down. does anyone have confidence in rod thorn and tony dileo? nope, me neither.

I love the people who say that they have to sign bynum because they gave up so much for him...that they can't go into next season without getting something from that trade. An asinine line of thinking if you ask me -- only complicates their problems. Let the turd walk, get a real GM, a new coach, try like hell to trade the stiff brothers -- hawes and turner (derrick favors just cracked the starting lineup...he would look awfully good in a sixers uniform -- someone here wanted to draft him instead of turner), get rid of shitty vets like collins' boy ivey, wilkins, brown, etc, give time to young guys like pargo, moultrie, etc...pretty much start over and try to give holiday and young some players who don't completely suck.

On a scale of 1-10, my confidence level that they will do any of this = 1. Because they're the sixers
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    their issues start from the top down. does anyone have confidence in rod thorn and tony dileo? nope, me neither.

I love the people who say that they have to sign bynum because they gave up so much for him...that they can't go into next season without getting something from that trade. An asinine line of thinking if you ask me -- only complicates their problems. Let the turd walk, get a real GM, a new coach, try like hell to trade the stiff brothers -- hawes and turner (derrick favors just cracked the starting lineup...he would look awfully good in a sixers uniform -- someone here wanted to draft him instead of turner), get rid of shitty vets like collins' boy ivey, wilkins, brown, etc, give time to young guys like pargo, moultrie, etc...pretty much start over and try to give holiday and young some players who don't completely suck.

On a scale of 1-10, my confidence level that they will do any of this = 1. Because they're the sixers

fyi ... favours is only starting because of injuries ... first to milsap and then to jefferson ... guy can start for a lot of teams no doubt but technically he's only starting now for the jazz cuz of injuries ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

fyi ... favours is only starting because of injuries ... first to milsap and then to jefferson ... guy can start for a lot of teams no doubt but technically he's only starting now for the jazz cuz of injuries ...

didn't know jefferson was hurt. knew millsap was back.

favors is only 21...dude is only going to get better. just add that to the long list of sixers screw ups
    fixer...come on now. you like to rewrite history. you said you'd be cool with either favors or turner at the time. granted, you did push for favors a little more. but you ultimately said you'd be fine with either one.

i like favors. but as polaris said, he's only starting because milsap and jefferson are out. been coming off the bench since he was drafted. i believe millsap is an unrestricted free agent. seems to have gotten better each year. always liked his game...

but 14, 7 and 4 from turner this year...those are not bad numbers on a bad team with no inside presence. and he would have only been more efficient with the big man out there...

one thing we can agree on now with this team is it's all out tank time now. i think moultrie's gonna get more and more minutes down the stretch. i liked that pick last year. time to see what the kid can do.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    actually played better than I thought they would last night, lol.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How anyone could/would pay hard earned money to sit and watch that garbage is beyond me.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    tank tank tankadelphia.

hey the covered last night! :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    gonna give them props for 47 minutes last night. :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    gonna give them props for 47 minutes last night. :lol:

jrue dunked over lebron. that was kinda cool.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Season ending surgery tommorrow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

where did you see that?

should have done that 3 months ago...
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

where did you see that?

Adrian wojo on twitter
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

where did you see that?

:fp:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/90683 ... ng-surgery

nice win tonight, too little too late, for the season though :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    81 wrote:

For a bruise?

MAYBE it's more then that?
    cutz wrote:
    81 wrote:

For a bruise?

he has had bad knee's since before the lakers drafted him. he's the sam bowie of our generation...this generation :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

where did you see that?

:fp:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/90683 ... ng-surgery

nice win tonight, too little too late, for the season though :roll:

Almost went to the game last night, especially since seats in the lower bowl by the baseline were going for six bucks on stubhub.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    from what i've heard arthroscopic surgey won't really help if he's got a degenerative condition. he needs cartridge replacement or something...and there's no guarantee he would be better after that. his career might be done.

gotta be one of the most disappointing seasons/circumstances to happen to a philly team that i can remember. we went from thinking the front office would keep the status quo after stumbling to within a game of the east finals last year.....then the sixers do the unthinkable! they finally make a bold move and trade for a "superstar."......they introduce him with a free, open to the public presser at the constitution center---a new era for sixers basketball had arrived! they were not beating the heat, but they would at least, finally, be contenders in the east and would have a shot after the heat were finished in a couple years or so. season started and bynum wasn't ready--no matter, the team held their own for about a month....then the waiting....the setbacks....bowling....more setbacks....allstar game?....no.....more injuries....more and more losses.............and all that optimism slowly, painfully, dissipated into the rubble that we are left with right now. unreal.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    cutz wrote:
    81 wrote:

For a bruise?

he has had bad knee's since before the lakers drafted him. he's the sam bowie of our generation...this generation :lol:

Yea i knew that as i TRIED to watch him play in HS a few times, and most of the time Bynum was in street clothes. I don't know why the Sixers didn't know cuz he only played across the bridge in NEW JERSEY!!!!
    from what i've heard arthroscopic surgey won't really help if he's got a degenerative condition. he needs cartridge replacement or something...and there's no guarantee he would be better after that. his career might be done.

gotta be one of the most disappointing seasons/circumstances to happen to a philly team that i can remember. we went from thinking the front office would keep the status quo after stumbling to within a game of the east finals last year.....then the sixers do the unthinkable! they finally make a bold move and trade for a "superstar."......they introduce him with a free, open to the public presser at the constitution center---a new era for sixers basketball had arrived! they were not beating the heat, but they would at least, finally, be contenders in the east and would have a shot after the heat were finished in a couple years or so. season started and bynum wasn't ready--no matter, the team held their own for about a month....then the waiting....the setbacks....bowling....more setbacks....allstar game?....no.....more injuries....more and more losses.............and all that optimism slowly, painfully, dissipated into the rubble that we are left with right now. unreal.

Do you remember Jeff Ruland?
    cutz wrote:

Do you remember Jeff Ruland?

yeah. i was young but know the story. this franchise is cursed.
    www.myspace.com

realistic fans knew this team wasn't good.

looking at the 11th pick. groundhog day

please fire collins and bring in a real gm. until then it's gonna be more of the same.
    beat it doug. thanks for nothing