*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    and i will guarantee you this:

if the sixers end up signing bynum to a 5 year deal--his career will be over within 2 years. if they don't sign him, he'll be an all star for the next 6 years. :lol::lol: ..... :x :x :x :x :x :x

that is this franchise's luck, especially with centers.

so frustrating. they finally shed themselves of iguadala and brand, turn it over to the young bucks completely, and trade for a star center----and the fucker never plays and the team turns to shit. at least the lakers are about as bad. haha

fuck.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

if the sixers end up signing bynum to a 5 year deal--his career will be over within 2 years. if they don't sign him, he'll be an all star for the next 6 years. :lol::lol: ..... :x :x :x :x :x :x

so frustrating. they finally shed themselves of iguadala and brand, turn it over to the young bucks completely, and trade for a star center----and the fucker never plays and the team turns to shit. at least the lakers are about as bad. haha

fuck.

3 letters

N H L
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

fuck.

3 letters

N H L

what's that?
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    forgot they played tonight :lol: Good to see them finally snap that losing streak.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    FINALLY some progress from bynum

:clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Did.he finally crack 200 at the local bowl a rama
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Did.he finally crack 200 at the local bowl a rama

for as much as he says he bowls, i'd hope so. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

i can't watch this
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Collins and his rotation are really starting to piss me off.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Collins and his rotation are really starting to piss me off.

glad to hear the boos raining down. they deserve it.
    www.myspace.com
    making it a little more exciting, only down by 8 now.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

fine. i'll flip back. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

nevermind :fp:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Its a good thing Hockey is back.

seriously. finally have a team worth watching.

sixers need to clean house. get rid of everyone except holiday. coaches included

my biggest issue with this team is that they never have a long term plan. completely rudderless. they truly are dreck

nevermind :fp:

you son of a bitch :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    happy holidays! :mrgreen:

kid is playing at such a high level this year. deserves an all star nod.
    www.myspace.com
    happy holidays! :mrgreen:

kid is playing at such a high level this year. deserves an all star nod.

i was out but keeping track on my phone. I first saw the score at halftime and thought, not again. Then they kept on creeping back and to be honest i didn't think they were gonna win. Glad i was wrong :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Take the night and lose!!!

Remember when people were excited about this team and others told them they weren't going anywhere?

yeah

the cycle continues...groundhog day
    The Fixer wrote:

Remember when people were excited about this team and others told them they weren't going anywhere?

yeah

haha...yeah, i think expectations change when your all star center doesn't get on the court once. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah

haha...yeah, i think expectations change when your all star center doesn't get on the court once. :lol:

your best player? I guess that only matters in certain sports? weird

core of this team was never as good as you and other fans thought it was. I tried telling you this numerous times. Even with bynum they are an avg team at best
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah

your best player? I guess that only matters in certain sports? weird

core of this team was never as good as you and other fans thought it was. I tried telling you this numerous times. Even with bynum they are an avg team at best

what do you mean best player?

the core is decent (saw a basketball prospectus ranking that had both jrue and thad listed in the top 25 players under 25 years old--only team to have more than 1 player). just need a low post prescense. i think you said the sixers "whiffed" on the holiday pick at one point. the kid has turned into an elite level point guard. thad is playing real well. turner, while inconsistent, has put up decent numbers--he should be even better with a guy like bynum drawing double teams and stuff.

you just cannot win without a low post presence to speak of.

mix a healthy bynum with an all star caliber point guard, and you're a much better team (the one that was expected when people were making predictions). there's a reason their o/u win total was at 48. that's about where i thought they would be. now, will the guy ever be healthy again, is obviously the million dollar question. at this point, i really have no idea what to do with him.

for years people have wanted them to rid themselves of the 2 bad contracts, turn the roster over, completely to the young players, and acquire a super star. they did all of these things. the guy they got just injured. so the season is pretty much a waste as a result.
    www.myspace.com

the core is decent (saw a basketball prospectus ranking that had both jrue and thad listed in the top 25 players under 25 years old--only team to have more than 1 player). just need a low post prescense. i think you said the sixers "whiffed" on the holiday pick at one point. the kid has turned into an elite level point guard. thad is playing real well. turner, while inconsistent, has put up decent numbers--he should be even better with a guy like bynum drawing double teams and stuff.

mix a healthy bynum with an all star caliber point guard, and you're a much better team (the one that was expected when people were making predictions). there's a reason their o/u win total was at 48. that's about where i thought they would be. now, will the guy ever be healthy again, is obviously the million dollar question. at this point, i really have no idea what to do with him.

for years people have wanted them to rid themselves of the 2 bad contracts, turn the roster over, completely to the young players, and acquire a super star. they did all of these things. the guy they got just injured. so the season is pretty much a waste as a result.

eagles also lost their best player before the season started

re: low post presence...weren't you ok with the hawes signing?

I saw the under 25 article too. funny that turner wasn't mentioned. he's the one I called a bust, not holiday. I did say that I thought taking holiday over lawson may have been a mistake. I do like holiday a lot though...he's the only guy on the roster who's worth a damn.

what's this healthy bynum that you speak of?

I also read that even with all the money that the sixers cleared by moving brand and iguodala, that they are still not in a good cap situation heading into this offseason. apparently there are a number of teams who will have more money to spend than the sixers.

new owners, same inept franchise
    The Fixer wrote:

I saw the under 25 article too. funny that turner wasn't mentioned. he's the one I called a bust, not holiday. I did say that I thought taking holiday over lawson may have been a mistake. I do like holiday a lot though...he's the only guy on the roster who's worth a damn.

I also read that even with all the money that the sixers cleared by moving brand and iguodala, that they are still not in a good cap situation heading into this offseason. apparently there are a number of teams who will have more money to spend than the sixers.

there are 5 guys on a basketball court. there are 22 starters on a football team. and the eagles tried and failed to adequately replace peters. the sixers have not been able to replace the guy their entire team was built around. don't think the two situations are comparable. if peters was an all pro qb, then i could see your point.

i always said i would like hawes coming off the bench. i liked the idea of him spelling bynum and playing a little with him. hate the idea of hawes as your only center (kwame brown doesn't count).

they obviously anticipated bynum being healthy. with him, it would be a totally different team. you can't just overlook that.

turner's not a bust. there are not many players in the league who put up 14pts, 7rbs, and 4assists per game. 41% from 3pt range too. he's a decent player. definitely not a star...but jrue is on his way. i will take holiday over lawson hands down.

they have 42 million in guaranteed contracts for 13/14. the cap is 58 million. so they will have room to do something for the first time in years. this isn't the ed snyder sixers. they just had horrible luck with the bynum injury this year.
    www.myspace.com
    Just heard Jrue was announced as a reserved all star :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

dude that's awesome! i just saw that.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

there are 5 guys on a basketball court. there are 22 starters on a football team. and the eagles tried and failed to adequately replace peters. the sixers have not been able to replace the guy their entire team was built around. don't think the two situations are comparable. if peters was an all pro qb, then i could see your point.

i always said i would like hawes coming off the bench. i liked the idea of him spelling bynum and playing a little with him. hate the idea of hawes as your only center (kwame brown doesn't count).

they obviously anticipated bynum being healthy. with him, it would be a totally different team. you can't just overlook that.

turner's not a bust. there are not many players in the league who put up 14pts, 7rbs, and 4assists per game. 41% from 3pt range too. he's a decent player. definitely not a star...but jrue is on his way. i will take holiday over lawson hands down.

they have 42 million in guaranteed contracts for 13/14. the cap is 58 million. so they will have room to do something for the first time in years. this isn't the ed snyder sixers. they just had horrible luck with the bynum injury this year.

it's not bad luck for an injury prone player to get hurt.

I'd take holiday over lawson too. holiday had a bad year last year, but this year he has taken a huge step forward. I'd much rather have a bigger, versatile guard like holiday (this year's version, who gets his teammates involved and doesn't gun every time up the court) than a small guy like lawson.

I'm not a turner fan. He should be the first guy they look to trade...right now.

Hawes has to sit down to pee. I can't stand him. 7 feet tall and he wants to shoot threes.

Stay positive. I'm really not sure how you do it with this franchise

Also, it's snider
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

it's not bad luck for an injury prone player to get hurt.

I'd take holiday over lawson too. holiday had a bad year last year, but this year he has taken a huge step forward. I'd much rather have a bigger, versatile guard like holiday (this year's version, who gets his teammates involved and doesn't gun every time up the court) than a small guy like lawson.

I'm not a turner fan. He should be the first guy they look to trade...right now.

Hawes has to sit down to pee. I can't stand him. 7 feet tall and he wants to shoot threes.

Stay positive. I'm really not sure how you do it with this franchise

Also, it's snider

well nobody expected him to miss this much time. that's unlucky.

that is why i like holiday too. he can post up a lot of the other pg's in the league. so much more assertive this year. once bynum is healthy, or they obtain another big this summer, we're looking at him being one of the best pg's in the league for the next 10 years.

i get why people aren't big on turner. i'm not opposed to trading him for the right deal. but i'm happy with his progression this year so far and think he can still get better.

tough to be positive about anything other than jrue getting some recognition this year.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

that's it....we have two....plus an MVP on his way back . :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just looked it up. 8 teams have more cap space than the sixers heading into the offseason

they also don't have their first round pick, which is always a good strategy when you're trying to build a core.

just once I'd like them to have a plan. it's really not asking much
    The Fixer wrote:
    just looked it up. 8 teams have more cap space than the sixers heading into the offseason

they also don't have their first round pick, which is always a good strategy when you're trying to build a core.

just once I'd like them to have a plan. it's really not asking much

the pick is protected. mid to late first round picks are such a crap shoot anyway. very rare you end up with a guy like holiday.

and they have about 16M.
    normally no team has less space than the sixers. :lol:
    www.myspace.com