*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    only a game back of the knicks though

two back in the loss column

as weird as this might sound, I'd rather the sixers play the celtics than the bulls. I think the sixers matchup better with boston. Chicago would blow the sixers out in 4 or 5...just not a good matchup for the sixers

sixers always play the celtics tough......they even played them well last year.....just from an old school rivalry aspect, that will be fun. did you see the thing they put on the jumbo tron thing after the friday game? pretty funny.

still a long ways to go. heat are suddenly playing a lot better too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    where would this team be without igoudala? ... :lol:
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:

he was great in the fourth qtr last night. they just need to take him off the floor at the end of games when a big shot needs to be made. some of the garbage he throws up at the end of games is inexcusable.

as well as the sixers have played this season, one of their achilles heels (along with their atrocious frontcourt), is that they don't have a go-to guy at the end of close games. Call me crazy, but I think that's kind of a big deal in the NBA. I still stand by my opinion that this team is going nowhere. The endless cycle of mediocrity will unfortunately continue.

jeags, the details from the end of friday's game are a bit fuzzy. had a buddy bartending at mcfaddens and we were there before game. boston fans are such bandwagon tools...that I do remember clearly.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

he was great in the fourth qtr last night. they just need to take him off the floor at the end of games when a big shot needs to be made. some of the garbage he throws up at the end of games is inexcusable.

as well as the sixers have played this season, one of their achilles heels (along with their atrocious frontcourt), is that they don't have a go-to guy at the end of close games. Call me crazy, but I think that's kind of a big deal in the NBA. I still stand by my opinion that this team is going nowhere. The endless cycle of mediocrity will unfortunately continue.

jeags, the details from the end of friday's game are a bit fuzzy. had a buddy bartending at mcfaddens and we were there before game. boston fans are such bandwagon tools...that I do remember clearly.

they put a message up as people were leaving that said "the sixers would like to thank all the celtics fans for attending. you are all welcome back during the playoffs to enjoy another loss." --something along those lines. i loved it.

iguadala is having a very, very good year. i agree about his late game lack of heroics though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,111
    i didn't even know the sixers played last night. was out then watched something else. :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    knicks lose again....half game back.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brand is playing like a beast tonight...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    how about six?

what? six is no good?

you got a problem with six? :lol:

and, 3 back of the slumping hawks again. take the night and run mother fuckers :thumbup: :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Knicks lost tonight :)

Missed their last two games.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    played well, except for those two runs by Miami in the 2nd quarter and towards the end. Sixers still looked pretty good i thought. Tough loses to the good teams, hopefully they beat the lowly Kings next.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    played well, except for those two runs by Miami in the 2nd quarter and towards the end. Sixers still looked pretty good i thought. Tough loses to the good teams, hopefully they beat the lowly Kings next.

last night was a playoff preview. everyone is getting all excited about this team for no reason.

the only shot they have of winning in round 1 is if they get the 3/6 matchup vs boston. and they'll be a long shot to win that series. even if they get up to 5 and get orlando they are done. dwight howard will score 40 a game vs the sixers frontcourt.

the sixers franchise defines mediocre. frustrating.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Royal w/ cheese
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

last night was a playoff preview. everyone is getting all excited about this team for no reason.

the only shot they have of winning in round 1 is if they get the 3/6 matchup vs boston. and they'll be a long shot to win that series. even if they get up to 5 and get orlando they are done. dwight howard will score 40 a game vs the sixers frontcourt.

well if you're expecting a first round win, then yes, you're most likely getting excited for no reason. :?

if you believe in what i've been saying all year in this thread, then yeah, it's been a great ride. looking forward to more in the coming years.

i would love that boston match up too. miami would be fun as hell also.

what this team has accomplished since november is great. today was an awful loss though. 9 games left. i'd say 5 more gets us the 6 seed. maybe even 4 with how the knicks have been playing. :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    welcome back jugs....

how was the wedding
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:
    welcome back jugs....

how was the wedding

let me guess...are you 81? :?

wedding was phenomenal. one of the best i've been to. not just saying that because it was mine either. it was a fucking blast. awesome time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    over/under on points philly puts up tonight.... 76
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

ah yes, those crafty bulls are on the docket tonight. let us see...

sixers average 99/game, bulls: 98/game.
    sixers are 13th in the league at 97.8 opponents ppg, while the bulls are 2nd at 91.1.

back to back game for the sixers, but its off a loss and it was an early afternoon game. bulls coming off an easy one on saturday....

bulls margin is +7.4, sixers are at +1.5......

i see the bulls 96-90

whoa...actually---bulls are 10 point favorites. didn't know that. this could get ugly. collins has to coach his ass off and get the bench going again to have a shot tonight.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

ah yes, those crafty bulls are on the docket tonight. let us see...

sixers average 99/game, bulls: 98/game.
    sixers are 13th in the league at 97.8 opponents ppg, while the bulls are 2nd at 91.1.

back to back game for the sixers, but its off a loss and it was an early afternoon game. bulls coming off an easy one on saturday....

bulls margin is +7.4, sixers are at +1.5......

i see the bulls 96-90

whoa...actually---bulls are 10 point favorites. didn't know that. this could get ugly. collins has to coach his ass off and get the bench going again to have a shot tonight.

sat wasn't so easy. bulls trailed by 5 heading to the 4th, before finally clamping down on D, limiting the bucks to 13 4th qtr points.

bulls won by 45 the last time they played at the UC 121-76 which inspired the sixers in philly.

don't see that massive blow out happening again, but i can see a double digit bulls victory with a butler sighting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

well if you're expecting a first round win, then yes, you're most likely getting excited for no reason. :?

so we're supposed to get excited about playoff appearances now? ugh

the sixers are a 500 team with a shitty draft pick in next year's draft. nothing to get excited about
  • Options
    derrick rose is ridiculous. so is spencer hawes, just in a different kinda way
  • Options
    putting on a good show so far against the Bulls :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

don't worry, they will blow it
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Impressive win.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

Not tonight pretty sure this is there 2nd win this year against CHI after the blow out.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    doug collins, coach of the year.

BANG.

DONE.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Not tonight pretty sure this is there 2nd win this year against CHI after the blow out.

yeah, 2 out of 3.

wasn't able to watch the game. had to listen on the radio. mcginnis made it feel like it was a game 7 or something. sounded intense as hell. flat out awesome win.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, 2 out of 3.

wasn't able to watch the game. had to listen on the radio. mcginnis made it feel like it was a game 7 or something. sounded intense as hell. flat out awesome win.

it really wasn't that close. bulls made a run heading into the 4th, but the sixers controlled the game.

not sure how you lose to the kings at home then turn around and dominate the bulls on the road
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, 2 out of 3.

it really wasn't that close. bulls made a run heading into the 4th, but the sixers controlled the game.

not sure how you lose to the kings at home then turn around and dominate the bulls on the road

the ol' sandwhich game...and, apparantely a young jeezy show? :lol: is that the dude's name?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gotta respect the resiliency of this squad. big game tonight. could clinch playoff spot with some help. thad is gametime decision.

gonna be first game i'll be able to watch in forever. looking forward to it. houston's a decent team.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    c'mon ... you know i had to ... :lol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... ala_032511

Nowadays, Andre Iguodala(notes) is rarely heckled when he’s out getting a bagel.

The 76ers’ forward loves to walk the streets of downtown Philadelphia while running errands or getting a bite to eat. But last season, the outspoken fans in the City of Brotherly Love made sure that Iguodala, the franchise’s $80 million man, was aware of their disappointment.

“I heard some crazy things,” Iguodala told Yahoo! Sports. “I got cussed out in public a few times. People say, ‘You suck. Do this. Do that. You ain’t doing this and you ain’t doing that.’ ”

The 76ers failed to make the playoffs last season as Iguodala averaged 17.1 points. He’s averaging only 14.3 points this season, the third in a six-year deal. On the surface, that doesn’t bode well for a man making $12.3 million this year. But Iguodala is actually revered in Philly now for doing a lot of everything as the Sixers are poised to make the playoffs. They enter Friday holding the sixth seed in the East with 11 games left.

Iguodala doesn’t rank in the top 50 in scoring per game, but he joins Miami Heat All-Star LeBron James(notes) as the only other player in the NBA averaging at least 14 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds this season. While his scoring average is much lower than James’, Iguodala shoots just 11.4 times per game while also averaging a team-best 6.4 assists and 1.6 steals per game. The Sixers are 25-17 when he scores fewer than 17 points and 7-9 when he scores 17 or more. (He’s missed 13 games this season, mainly due to tendinitis in his Achilles’.)

“We have a lot of depth with guys that can score the ball,” Iguodala said. “So I just try to be able to facilitate to everybody and try to get my touches and put the ball in the hole myself.”

Is too much weight put on scoring?

“I don’t think it’s overrated, but it can always skew the numbers,” Iguodala said. “It can be like a cover-up for everything else.”

His defense also goes largely unnoticed. At 6-foot-6, 207 pounds, Iguodala is asked to guard point guards like Derrick Rose(notes), scorers like Dwyane Wade(notes) and smaller power forwards like Kris Humphries(notes).

“He is as good, if not better, than any wing defender in the league and doesn’t get credit for it,” Sixers first-year president Rod Thorn said. And we don’t give him much help. How many guys can do that? There are very few that can do that.”

Thorn admitted there was “some truth” to the trade rumors that swirled around Iguodala as the season began. The Sixers’ early season struggles enhanced the whispers. But after watching the Sixers turn things around and seeing Iguodala’s all-around influence on the game, Thorn stopped talking to teams about him in late December. Today, Thorn says Iguodala is worth every penny and called talks about his salary “irrelevant.”

“I would never say I would never trade anybody because if the right deal came along you would trade anybody,” Thorn said. “But we weren’t soliciting anybody at the end of December. Our team started playing well and you see what he meant to the team. There was nothing being offered that was near as good as him to begin with unless you just wanted to trade his contract and get under the salary cap. It just didn’t make any sense.” While Iguodala hopes to be an All-Star one day, he refuses to succumb to critics who say he needs to score more.

“If I let it affect me, I’d be playing different right now,” Iguodala said. “I’d be just playing for myself and trying to prove people wrong instead of playing how I know how to play basketball, which is being able to, I guess, be a chameleon and change to whatever situation I’m in for the team to be better.

“All I care about is winning. When we’re not winning, I’m not a happy person. So we’ve been winning this year lately and I’ve been happy.”

That makes for pleasant trips to the bagel shop.