*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    john starks...what a punk.

i did enjoy watching anthony mason play.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

those teams were full of d-bags. starks, mason, oakley, LJ...even harper, anthony, ward, and charles smith were tools.

I loved ewing because he always choked. He ties webber for softest player of all time. his missed layup vs indiana in game 7 of the ECF is my all time favorite.
    The Fixer wrote:
    knights of columbus, knicks fans are just as obnoxiously douche-baggy as mets fans. never seen a bunch of jerk offs so excited about a 4-2 lead in the first quarter in my life.

this team needs that lou williams spark off the bench come playoff time.

It's not going to matter.

I've always hated the knicks. those teams they had in the 90s were the worst.

been saying all year i don't expect them to win a playoff series.

that's been my point all season. I don't know what all the excitement is about. yes, they're improved from last year, but they're still stuck in mediocrity
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    It's not going to matter.

I've always hated the knicks. those teams they had in the 90s were the worst.

that's been my point all season. I don't know what all the excitement is about. yes, they're improved from last year, but they're still stuck in mediocrity

and my point is "stuck" isn't the right word. anytime you can improve on your record by 15 games or so, that's a big step in the right direction. they were not medocre last year. they were god awful.

a full season playing at the clip they've been playing since november would put them at about a 50 win season and in the mix for home court for the first round. after the slop we've endured for the last 7 years, thats....well, that's something. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

those teams were full of d-bags. starks, mason, oakley, LJ...even harper, anthony, ward, and charles smith were tools.

I loved ewing because he always choked. He ties webber for softest player of all time. his missed layup vs indiana in game 7 of the ECF is my all time favorite.

that reggie miller 30 for 30 was pure gold.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

and my point is "stuck" isn't the right word. anytime you can improve on your record by 15 games or so, that's a big step in the right direction. they were not medocre last year. they were god awful.

a full season playing at the clip they've been playing since november would put them at about a 50 win season and in the mix for home court for the first round. after the slop we've endured for the last 7 years, thats....well, that's something. :lol:

they didn't have brand for most of the season last year. he's gotta be worth a few wins alone.

anyway, this team still doesn't have any star players. that's what wins in the NBA. I'd like to see them dump iguodala and brand and build around holiday, turner, young. all this 'progress' will prevent them from doing that though...so we are stuck in the endless cycle of sneaking into the playoffs and losing in round 1. not good times

at least they got the coach right this time around. how many have they had since larrry brown (the whore of the NBA) left? 7? 8?

that reggie miller 30 for 30 was pure gold.

indeed
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they didn't have brand for most of the season last year. he's gotta be worth a few wins alone.

anyway, this team still doesn't have any star players. that's what wins in the NBA. I'd like to see them dump iguodala and brand and build around holiday, turner, young. all this 'progress' will prevent them from doing that though...so we are stuck in the endless cycle of sneaking into the playoffs and losing in round 1. not good times

at least they got the coach right this time around. how many have they had since larrry brown (the whore of the NBA) left? 7? 8?

this conversation sounds oddly familiar. :lol:

nobody's taking brand. i really like what he contributes to this team. dude's a warrior down low and rarely misses that 12 footer. i don't want to move him.
    iguadala--i'm all for moving him this off season. hopefully they can get a big body in return among other things.
    thad--gotta resign (that means overpay, fuck it. he's awesome).
    holiday--i think the plan is to build around him in the coming years. he's gonna be an all star sooner than later.
    turner--dude's gotta make a lot of strides next year.
    lou williams--great 6 man off the bench
    meeks--ideally i'd like to see turner supplant him in the starting lineup and have him be our 3 point sharp shooter off the bench.
    hawes--i realize you hate him but he's had a half way decent season. only 22 also. ideally i'd like for him to come off the bench if he's back next year.

good thing is the whole team is young. like i've said the whole year, this playoff push experience can only be a good thing for them in the coming years. when they have cap space a few years down the road, they should all be in their prime at the same time. this is the ground level right now.

go sixers.
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:

not really ... teams are what wins championships ... its why the Spurs have been so successful for so long ... it's having a bunch of guys contributing ... it's why Lebron couldn't win one in Cleveland ... as much as Kobe is a star player ... he couldn't win without gasol, odom, artest and fisher playing their roles ...

i would say that if the sixers were healthy (igoudala has been playing hurt all season) - they will give any team in the east fits in a playoff series ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not really ... teams are what wins championships ... its why the Spurs have been so successful for so long ... it's having a bunch of guys contributing ... it's why Lebron couldn't win one in Cleveland ... as much as Kobe is a star player ... he couldn't win without gasol, odom, artest and fisher playing their roles ...

i would say that if the sixers were healthy (igoudala has been playing hurt all season) - they will give any team in the east fits in a playoff series ...

um, duncan is one of the 30 best players to ever step foot on an NBA court

the only argument you could make against this is the pistons that recently won. they are the lone exception to the rule
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

as currently constructed the larry brown pistons, and current spurs (with duncan not what he once was) should be the sixers model.

they should rest iguadala and brand for the last couple games. they really need williams back for the playoffs though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the only argument you could make against this is the pistons that recently won. they are the lone exception to the rule

ya ... but he wouldn't of won without david robinson in the early years nor parker/ginobli later ... don't forget the contributions of bruce bowen and robert horry during those championship runs ...

they have been successful for so long because duncan always puts team first ...he can go games where he takes 7-8 shots ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ya ... but he wouldn't of won without david robinson in the early years nor parker/ginobli later ... don't forget the contributions of bruce bowen and robert horry during those championship runs ...

they have been successful for so long because duncan always puts team first ...he can go games where he takes 7-8 shots ...

your raptors are going down tomorrow night. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    your raptors are going down tomorrow night. :lol:

definitely a team in need of a star player ...
    registration? registration? we talkin bout registration

http://straightfromthea.com/2011/04/07/ ... e-officer/

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    registration? registration? we talkin bout registration

http://straightfromthea.com/2011/04/07/ ... e-officer/

:lol:

ha. yeah i saw that. that was like a week ago...
    www.myspace.com
    news is a little slow getting to chicago.

funny, i was looking at AI's stats this AM to see how rose compares at this point in each's career.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i prefer kate fagan to cooney. but this part of cooney's article today pretty much sums up my feeling on the sixers this season. if you're realistic about this team, this is how you should be looking at it:

So what does it all mean? If Sixers fans, whose interest in the pro team has been stoked mainly due to the new head coach, really thought that a first-round playoff series victory was a possibility, they are a bit dilusional.

What the playoffs are about for this team, realistically, isn't winning a first round. That is too huge a hurdle to clear right now. For this young team, a playoff round is a learning experience. It is a gauge to find out exactly what is needed to put the team closer to the upper echelons of the East in the future.

Collins made a great point a few weeks back when he said what a playoff series would mean: "You learn more about your team during a seven-game series than you do during an 82- game season. In a series, a team attacks your weaknesses. They will also look to find the strength of your team and attack it. That's what makes championship teams champions. And that's where we can learn about our team. We will come out of a series knowing more about ourselves than we did during the season. That is going to be so beneficial to the growth of our team.

"I'm not saying that we will be done in one series. Hopefully, we will advance. The playoffs are such a great learning experience for a young team to know where they are and how they can improve."

Really, that is the best scenario for this team, for weaknesses to be spotlighted, for the organization to address those weaknesses during the offseason so the franchise can get closer to becoming elbow-rubbers with the likes of Boston and Miami and Chicago and Orlando.

Going into the playoffs with anything less than a full, healthy roster will halt that progress. A quick, first-round loss with a diminished lineup, players playing out of position and an unsettled rotation wouldn't help gauge where the Sixers are right now and where they need to improve for the future.

And, after years of mediocrity, that is imperative.
    www.myspace.com
    the way boston looked last night, you guys might have a shot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

veteran team. been through so many wars, they'll straighten things out by next weekend.

i think the sixers match up better with them than miami though.....assuming they're healthy, which they're not currently.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

veteran team. been through so many wars, they'll straighten things out by next weekend.

i think the sixers match up better with them than miami though.....assuming they're healthy, which they're not currently.

they will have plenty of time to heal during the week off between games 1 and 2 of round 1. (not that it matters anyway)
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

they will have plenty of time to heal during the week off between games 1 and 2 of round 1. (not that it matters anyway)

kinda wanna be healthy for the whole series...

i'm not confident in lou being able to play at all. hammy's are always tricky.
    www.myspace.com
    Good article in SI about collins this week.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    and good win tonight. :thumbup:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    and good win tonight. :thumbup:

lil too hairy at the end for my liking but a win is a win.

thad young is developing into a monster under collins........and he sprained stoudamare's ankle. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    kate fagan is great. nice article this morning about turner. hopefully collins is doing right by him.

i said this when they moved iggy to point forward.....everyone keeps saying turner is better handling the ball, right? he was player of the year last year as a point guard. jrue was a sg in college. why don't we move iggy this offseason, and insert turner into the point forward role and see what happens?

with any luck you get a big body and a shooter back in the trade. turner has taken a year two at every level to develop....

collins keeps saying the best way to judge a team is during a 7 game series, not an 82 game season. i'm sure he'll see iggy miss a last second shot or two. perhaps that will be enough to sway him to make a move. again--i've loved what iguadala has brought to the table this year. i'm ready for the kid to take over next year though
    www.myspace.com
    so it looks like it's gonna be the heat. I smell a sweep
    The Fixer wrote:

sixers in 4? :lol:

they can win a couple games against the heat.

again--that's not what this season is about fixer. we've been through this. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

again--that's not what this season is about fixer. we've been through this. :mrgreen:

they can, but I don't think they will. the heat are going to get EVERY call in that series because that's how the NBA works in the playoffs.

the endless cycle of mediocrity continues...
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they can, but I don't think they will. the heat are going to get EVERY call in that series because that's how the NBA works in the playoffs.

the endless cycle of mediocrity continues...

:roll: :lol:

gonna be fun to go up against those chumps. also will be fun to have the whole country rooting for the sixers.
    www.myspace.com