Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    We're still better than the Knicks. I believe that.

unfortunately that doesn't matter. there are still 5 teams better than ny and phlly.

plus, the knicks are at least now in a position to add complimentary players and become good. they have 2 legit stars in anthony and stoudemire (admittedly I'm not an amare fan...he is one dimensional). billups is past his prime, but he's still decent. they are a lot closer to being contenders than the sixers are...especially if chris paul goes there as rumors indicate.

the sixers lack of a plan is what pisses me off. forever stuck in mediocrity. ugh

mello is kind of one dimensional for a "superstar" too though. and i don't think billups is fit to run that up tempo offense. he's locked in for another year at 13M or so. chris paul would make them a lot better but he's not available until 2012 (after the new cba). by that time, who knows, maybe the sixers would have dealt iguadala and have some room to manuever as well. they're not trading him today (i would pull the trigger if you can get some halfway decent big man in return--not gonna happen though). i don't think they want to mess with the chemistry this team has right now. but i could see something happening with him in the offseason.

sixers aren't a finished product by any stretch of the imagination, but they're a team that could win 50 games as currently constructed. no doubt.

melo is pretty one dimensional...agreed. they still have 2 guys that can drop 40 on any given night.

paul has one more year left, billups has one more year left...do the math

sixers don't have any big names coming off the books for 3 years right (iguodala, brand). they could lose williams and young after this year. I'm scared to see what kind of money they will throw at them. I would like to see thad locked up long term, but he's not a cornerstone guy and shouldn't be paid like one.

bottom line is that all of this 'improvement' this year is gonna be for naught. they're still nowhere near contention and it doesn't look as if there is any discernable plan in place
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    unfortunately that doesn't matter. there are still 5 teams better than ny and phlly.

plus, the knicks are at least now in a position to add complimentary players and become good. they have 2 legit stars in anthony and stoudemire (admittedly I'm not an amare fan...he is one dimensional). billups is past his prime, but he's still decent. they are a lot closer to being contenders than the sixers are...especially if chris paul goes there as rumors indicate.

the sixers lack of a plan is what pisses me off. forever stuck in mediocrity. ugh

mello is kind of one dimensional for a "superstar" too though. and i don't think billups is fit to run that up tempo offense. he's locked in for another year at 13M or so. chris paul would make them a lot better but he's not available until 2012 (after the new cba). by that time, who knows, maybe the sixers would have dealt iguadala and have some room to manuever as well. they're not trading him today (i would pull the trigger if you can get some halfway decent big man in return--not gonna happen though). i don't think they want to mess with the chemistry this team has right now. but i could see something happening with him in the offseason.

sixers aren't a finished product by any stretch of the imagination, but they're a team that could win 50 games as currently constructed. no doubt.

melo is pretty one dimensional...agreed. they still have 2 guys that can drop 40 on any given night.

sixers don't have any big names coming off the books for 3 years right (iguodala, brand). they could lose williams and young after this year. I'm scared to see what kind of money they will throw at them. I would like to see thad locked up long term, but he's not a cornerstone guy and shouldn't be paid like one.

bottom line is that all of this 'improvement' this year is gonna be for naught. they're still nowhere near contention and it doesn't look as if there is any discernable plan in place

lou williams is signed through 2013...

the thad situation is a tough one though. i love watching him play. him and lou will are two of the best bench players in the league. but part of me wants them to deal him today to get something back. only way to keep him is to overpay this offseason.

hopefully they find a way to dump some of the dead weight salary at the end of the bench today.

but after the slop i've had to watch for the better half a decade, i'll take a 50-ish win team for the next couple years before they get some more cap relief. when they get some cap relief these young bucks will be entering the prime of their careers. i think this experience now will pay off down the road.....pretty sure this is exactly what collins was thinking when he took the job too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

lou williams is signed through 2013...

the thad situation is a tough one though. i love watching him play. him and lou will are two of the best bench players in the league. but part of me wants them to deal him today to get something back. only way to keep him is to overpay this offseason.

hopefully they find a way to dump some of the dead weight salary at the end of the bench today.

but after the slop i've had to watch for the better half a decade, i'll take a 50-ish win team for the next couple years before they get some more cap relief. when they get some cap relief these young bucks will be entering the prime of their careers. i think this experience now will pay off down the road.....pretty sure this is exactly what collins was thinking when he took the job too.

I hope you're right. I like thad too. The brand contract kills this team more than anything. I don't see the point of keeping brand or iguodala. I don't hate iguodala as much as most, but he just doesn't fit on this team...hsort term or long term.

I thought williams and thad were both restricted FA's after this year.

Would be nice to see them dump some of these awful contracts to clear cap space for dwight howard or some other decent player. They've been in the same situation for a fucking decade now. It's old
  • Options
    which one doesn't belong??

boston gets jeff green today, nets get deron williams, knicks get billups/anthony, sixers still have brand/iguodala
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812
    The Fixer wrote:

boston gets jeff green today, nets get deron williams, knicks get billups/anthony, sixers still have brand/iguodala

Green compliments an already solid team, New Jersey traded for a really good shooter who should be the centerpiece of solid team and not a 17 win team, knicks are still not any better than they were before this trade.

Now, tell me, who in their right mind would take Brand's contract? And you'll get less back for Iguodala than the team taking him on.

The Sixers have pieces, but I'm not pissed that I have nothing to reasonably look forward to in the next year or so. I don't mind the way this team is set up right now. They're just a microcosm of how shitty the structure of the NBA is in general.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Green compliments an already solid team, New Jersey traded for a really good shooter who should be the centerpiece of solid team and not a 17 win team, knicks are still not any better than they were before this trade.

Now, tell me, who in their right mind would take Brand's contract? And you'll get less back for Iguodala than the team taking him on.

The Sixers have pieces, but I'm not pissed that I have nothing to reasonably look forward to in the next year or so. I don't mind the way this team is set up right now. They're just a microcosm of how shitty the structure of the NBA is in general.

the NBA is awful...agree with you there. someone took baron davis' contract today, so someone would take brand's contract. the sixers just needed to get creative, which is a foreign concept to them.

as for iguodala, you're right, they probably wouldn't have gotten equal value for him. I don't think that matters in the NBA. It's all about ridding yourself of bad contracts. And letting evan turner/thad young get more minutes. addition by subtraction
  • Options
    i think the baron davis trade was stupid for the clippers. it's not comparable to brand because davis only has 2 years (brand has 3) remaining and he's on a bad team. what made it awful was that the clippers gave cleveland their lottery pick too :lol: fixer...for a guy whose all about tanking, this is the kind of team that should be tanking, not the sixers. davis' value would have been higher in the off-season or next year. plus they'd have a decent shot at a really high draft pick.

brand's playing well. if his contract was 8M instead of 18M or whatever ridiculous number it is, people would look at him a lot differently. bad contract, obviously. it is what it is, like they say.

iguadala---i've actually warmed to him a little this year. like i said, i would have made a trade if they could have swindled a halfway decent big...but it looks like nothing good was out there. i'm okay with no moves today.

for this year, i think he's actually good for this team, right now. long term--probably not. apparently turner's never been the kind of guy who can take over right away, at any level. so keeping iggy has sort of helped ease turner into the league. i think the dude's vastly improved since the beginning of the season. playing on a team that's winning can only help his confidence (which has been an issue in the past). him and iguadalal cannot co-exist long term. so i'm hoping they get rid of iguadala at some point over the summer, and anoint et the starter's role for next year........if there is a next year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    wanna know how bad it's been lately? the last 3 months mark the first time since the '00/'01 season the sixers have had 3 winning months in a row. :o:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    from 3-13 to 29-29...

clap your hands...everybody...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKK3GVd ... re=related
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    from 3-13 to 29-29...

They are .500. sorry, but I don't celebrate mediocrity.

Bulls are gonna light them up come playoff time

EDIT: I would be optimistic if they didn't have brand and iguodala signed for 3 years each.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,023
    from 3-13 to 29-29...

:clap: shall i jump on the bandwagon now or wait til the playoffs start?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    from 3-13 to 29-29...

:clap: shall i jump on the bandwagon now or wait til the playoffs start?

:lol:

baby steps my friend. baby steps.

you're welcome to hop on at any time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    from 3-13 to 29-29...

26-16 run is pretty damn good for a young team thats playn better and better. If they can fix there late game collapses then we might have something here in the very very near future.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,023
    missed the game (was out), but heard they played well. I think we have one (if not the best bench in the NBA today). One game over .500 now :):clap:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    missed the game (was out), but heard they played well. I think we have one (if not the best bench in the NBA today). One game over .500 now :):clap:

...highest scoring bench in the league. williams and thad will be both be in the mix for 6 man of the year.

that's exactly how you want to come out of the break. 3 wins against teams decent teams should be beating. now let's see if we can win one we shouldn't on tuesday.

assuming the heat hold on, we're 1 behind the knicks in loss column....and could actually move to within 5 of atlanta if they lose....baby steps....

:shh: :shh: :)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,101
    based on how both the sixers and Knicks played tonight on the road, this could be a fun final month and a half for both teams.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    based on how both the sixers and Knicks played tonight on the road, this could be a fun final month and a half for both teams.

agreed.
    i believe my brother and i have decided to get tix to the april 6th game.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

i like the way you think :P

i have watched any sixersr games since the Bulls debacle. obviously, they are playing well. good luck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i like the way you think :P

i have watched any sixersr games since the Bulls debacle. obviously, they are playing well. good luck.
    thank you sir.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i love this:

Shooting guru Magee getting a new pupil in Sixers' Turner

By BOB COONEY
    Philadelphia Daily News

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:cooneyb@phillynews.com">cooneyb@phillynews.com</a><!-- e -->

When the Sixers drafted Evan Turner with the No. 2 pick last June, they took a player who, in college, could get wherever he wanted with the ball in his hands. Problem was, the Sixers wanted him to play shooting guard. Problem is, Turner just isn't a good enough shooter to be a starting "two" in the NBA.

Not yet. Enter Herb Magee.

Magee, of course, is the legendary coach at Philadelphia University who has amassed 922 wins in his 44-year career there. As a player, he was for years the school's all-time leading scorer with 2,235 points.

If there is one area of expertise in Magee's vast basketball knowledge, it is shooting. He has wowed at camps for years and years, made videos and taught many NBA players the art.

Now it's Turner's turn. The two will get together at some point during the offseason and see whether they can fix what Turner calls "a hitch" in his jumper.

"I haven't really seen him all that much, I don't watch as much as a lot of people," said Magee, whose team finished the regular season 15-11. "He doesn't get a lot of shots. Sunday night, I think he had eight. Other nights, it's three or four. And I'm not sure where he's shooting them from.

"What we'll do is get in the gym and I'll watch him for quite a while. I'm sure he's a good shooter, probably not great, but good."

Turner didn't have to rely so much on his outside shooting while at Ohio State, as the ball was in his hands most of the time and Turner would create. Here, the hope is for him to still be able to create, but also become a formidable shooter standing still.

Coach Doug Collins has known Magee since his playing days, starting in the early 1970s. Seeking Magee's help was a no-brainer.

"I've known coach Magee for so long and know what kind of a great teacher he is, especially when it comes to shooting," Collins said. "The thing is, if the two of them can get into the gym together and coach Magee can see how Evan shoots and what corrections can be made, it's a win-win situation.

"It's so good to have someone who is in the area that can be such great help. With coach Magee being in the area, there's a chance that he'll be able to see Evan after they've had their time together and get word to him one way or the other if need be. When you have a resource like coach Magee in the area, I think you'd be pretty stupid not to use him."

Magee, who's most recent project was former Saint Joseph's star and current Orlando Magic guard Jameer Nelson, already has the plan in place for Turner.

"I'll watch him when we first meet and we'll get in a good practice session," Magee said. "What we won't do is just come in and start firing shots. We'll work on fundamentals - where the shooting hand is, the guide hand, the legs - then build to the final shot. There's no sense in shooting three-pointers if you don't have the right form from 10 feet. I will show him what I consider to be the perfect shot, the way of releasing the ball.

"The good thing about all of this is that it sounds like it's something he really wants to do. That's the most important thing. We will be successful."

Magee doesn't lack confidence, nor should he. Ask him how many foul shots he'd hit right now if you gave him 10 and he doesn't hesitate in saying he'd make them all. He's not joking.

As for Turner, he didn't really know much about Magee, but is excited to learn.

"I've heard that he is the shooting professor, a guru," Turner said. "I know that I have a little hitch in my shot, but it's something that can be corrected, and I'm going to learn from one of the best. Anything I can do to help my game, I'm for it."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    betting the rent on the mavs tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

well that makes me fee a little better about the sixers then ;):)

i would have thought dallas would be -3 or so......sixers at +1.5 against the best road team in the league, that's on fire right now, shows how much respect they've gotten since november.

good luck to you!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i would have thought dallas would be -3 or so......sixers at +1.5 against the best road team in the league, that's on fire right now, shows how much respect they've gotten since november.

good luck to you!

HMNNNN might be a trap....better rethink this :?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812

good luck to you!

MUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH
  • Options

good luck to you!

MUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH

that dude better not rethink anything. the sixers need his money on the mavs tonight :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865

MUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH

"Put him in the fuckin bathroom"
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    I'm rooting for the Sixers tonight, picked them in ESPN's Streak for the Cash...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    I'm rooting for the Sixers tonight, picked them in ESPN's Streak for the Cash...

your streak is 0 ..why not bet thr 245 soccer?
  • Options

your streak is 0 ..why not bet thr 245 soccer?

you know my dad says the same thing.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022