Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I'm rooting for the Sixers tonight, picked them in ESPN's Streak for the Cash...

your streak is 0 ..why not bet thr 245 soccer?

you know my dad says the same thing.

it makes no sense not to
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,102
    I just picked Manchester United over Chelsea...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    what is this "streak for cash" thing?

there's no actualy money involved right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    what is this "streak for cash" thing?

there's no actualy money involved right?

it's on espn.com. impossible.

been around for a while now.
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    I just picked Manchester United over Chelsea...

Frankie Lampard sneaks one under the bar :lol:
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    ....and the battle for the 6th seed intensifies today :lol:

YOUR 76'ers vs warriers
    knicks at hawks

could jump ahead by half game with win and knicks loss
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    sooner or later this city is gonna start paying attention to this team

iggy--2 straight triple doubles....loved the way the rook was aggressive and took charge in crunch time tonight. very encouraging....bench had 67 points :o ....there's a lot of options on this squad. no superstar, but a lot of options

too many turnovers though...gotta win tuesday. rough stretch coming up.

GO.
    SIXERS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,102
    I like your team except when they play the Knicks. I might have to check out a Sixers game sometime. Only two times I went was during the 2004-05 season when they were blown out by Seattle and Houston.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,026

GO.
    SIXERS.

Was that a season high for them tonight? I know they were around 20 or so. Other thatn that yep def. good win for them :thumbup:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

GO.
    SIXERS.

Was that a season high for them tonight? I know they were around 20 or so. Other thatn that yep def. good win for them :thumbup:

not sure. they did only have 1 or 2 in the 4th and ot though. i think they're 3rd in the league with about 13 a game. it's been a problem lately though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I like your team except when they play the Knicks. I might have to check out a Sixers game sometime. Only two times I went was during the 2004-05 season when they were blown out by Seattle and Houston.

april 6th :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sooner or later this city is gonna start paying attention to this team

iggy--2 straight triple doubles....loved the way the rook was aggressive and took charge in crunch time tonight. very encouraging....bench had 67 points :o ....there's a lot of options on this squad. no superstar, but a lot of options

GO.
    SIXERS.

yeah, a win agaist GS is totally something to get excited about. :P

yeah, i know, Bulls lost to them out on the west coast. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,577
    I actually caught the end of that game (I haven't watched an NBA game all the way through in about 10 years). Pretty exciting. Turner was awesome in the OT.

Much better than the Flyers game...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I actually caught the end of that game (I haven't watched an NBA game all the way through in about 10 years). Pretty exciting. Turner was awesome in the OT.

you're watching the sixers.

i'm watching the flyers.

worlds are colliding!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i'm watching the flyers.

worlds are colliding!

well, you need to stop...the flyers have gone in the toilet since you started. It's obviously your fault :D

Nice to see speights getting some time lately.

Still losing in round 1
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

i'm watching the flyers.

worlds are colliding!

well, you need to stop...the flyers have gone in the toilet since you started. It's obviously your fault :D

Still losing in round 1

ha--you may be right.

speights has been seeing a little more time lately and he's actually been playing well on both ends. if they can get him to commit to playing solid defense consistently, i'd have no problem seeing his minutes increase.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

i'm watching the flyers.

worlds are colliding!

Still losing in round 1

ha--you may be right.

speights has been seeing a little more time lately and he's actually been playing well on both ends. if they can get him to commit to playing solid defense consistently, i'd have no problem seeing his minutes increase.

their frontcourt blows. he's still their best big guy (as pathetic as that is).

turner's dunk last night was nasty. and monta ellis is ridiculous
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Still losing in round 1

ha--you may be right.

:?

regarding turner--yeah that was great to see. almost as impressive was his banging the boards late in the 4th too. dude's got some nastiness to him that this city should grow to appreciate.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i'm watching the flyers.

worlds are colliding!

Yeah, not much going on on Sunday nights this time of year.

Did our taxes during timeouts - had plenty of time. How many timeouts do NBA teams get? 11?

I agree with Fixer - you're really fucking up the Flyers' season here. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    ha--you may be right.

regarding turner--yeah that was great to see. almost as impressive was his banging the boards late in the 4th too. dude's got some nastiness to him that this city should grow to appreciate.

It was cool to see him get quality minutes in the 4th and OT. I'd much rather have him in there than lou williams. I don't think turner will ever be a superstar, but he does a lot of things well. He and Holiday are a nice backcourt to build around. Now get rid of iguodala and especially brand so this team can work towards being good rather than mediocre.

Plenty of good seats still available at Sixers games...those crowds are downright sad

As for speights...well anything is better than Hawes, Nocioni, or Battie. Of course brand is better but that dude is worthless on this roster
  • Options

Did our taxes during timeouts - had plenty of time. How many timeouts do NBA teams get? 11?

yeah, NBA games put the NFL to shame with the commercials. well they don't put them to shame, but it's annoying. I agree there should be less timeouts. college hoops as well.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

It was cool to see him get quality minutes in the 4th and OT. I'd much rather have him in there than lou williams. I don't think turner will ever be a superstar, but he does a lot of things well. He and Holiday are a nice backcourt to build around. Now get rid of iguodala and especially brand so this team can work towards being good rather than mediocre.

Plenty of good seats still available at Sixers games...those crowds are downright sad

As for speights...well anything is better than Hawes, Nocioni, or Battie. Of course brand is better but that dude is worthless on this roster

:lol: ...i think nocioni and battie have gotten a combined 20 minutes of playing time since january. of course he's better than them.

brand's having a really good year. dude's been a beast in the paint. i like what he's given us this year.

hawes--eh whatever, i wouldn't mind him coming off the bench. he won't and shouldn't be this team's starter next year or when they're closer to contending. he probably won't be back next year.

like i've said about speights before--he needs to mature and learn that to get minutes in this league on a decent team he's got to show effort and play defense. he's been doing a bit of that lately. he's nothing too special though.

re-the crowds: what can you do? the sixers have never really drawn well except during the ai/lb hey day. that shit doesn't bother me too much. i actually kind of miss the days when the phils were not sold out every god damn night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

re-the crowds: what can you do? the sixers have never really drawn well except during the ai/lb hey day. that shit doesn't bother me too much. i actually kind of miss the days when the phils were not sold out every god damn night.

good point. I agree. You know there is a story being written in the near future about what a great basketball city philly is. probably by sam donellon since he's never right about anything.

for the record, I'm not saying speights is anything special. this frontcourt stinks and he's their best big guy. that's all.

brand annoys me for some reason. maybe it's cause he couldn't jump over a credit card
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812
    Philly is a great basketball town. To think otherwise is ridiculous. NO ONE goes to see bad teams play in any sport in this city. It'll come around.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

good point. I agree. You know there is a story being written in the near future about what a great basketball city philly is. probably by sam donellon since he's never right about anything.

for the record, I'm not saying speights is anything special. this frontcourt stinks and he's their best big guy. that's all.

brand annoys me for some reason. maybe it's cause he couldn't jump over a credit card

i think the front court needs a more physical center. brand and whomever is filling the 3 has been pretty effective this year. thad young is having a break out year. plenty of worse front courts in this league right now.

i think it is a great basketball town. the sixers attendance figures have always been confusing to me. but on any given saturday in december-february, you can have around 30,000 people attending college games throughout the city. throw in an extra 12-15k for a sixers game too. but i guess it's more of a college b ball town i guess.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Philly is a great basketball town. To think otherwise is ridiculous. NO ONE goes to see bad teams play in any sport in this city. It'll come around.

it's a good college hoops town (maybe the best in the country for a major city), but the sixers have never drawn well like jeags said.

the eagles will always have a full house. philly is a football city first...always will be
  • Options
    Temple gets lousy crowds for most games. St. Joes & LaSalle were good crowds, but some of the games against good teams drew terribly. ie Richmond

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:

i think the front court needs a more physical center. brand and whomever is filling the 3 has been pretty effective this year. thad young is having a break out year. plenty of worse front courts in this league right now.

i think it is a great basketball town. the sixers attendance figures have always been confusing to me. but on any given saturday in december-february, you can have around 30,000 people attending college games throughout the city. throw in an extra 12-15k for a sixers game too. but i guess it's more of a college b ball town i guess.

I like thad young a lot. I'm nervous to see what these knuckleheads are gonna pay him
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I like thad young a lot. I'm nervous to see what these knuckleheads are gonna pay him

it's market driven. to keep him, they'll have to overpay. stupid nba. i think i'd rather overpay than see him leave though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so this point-forward role for iggy seems to be working out pretty well...

Andre Iguodala shows a LeBron sideRecent stat-stuffing performances reveal Iggy's new role as a playmakerBy Kevin Pelton
    Basketball Prospectus

Trending player: Andre Iguodala, SF, Philadelphia 76ers

When Iguodala recorded triple-doubles in Philadelphia's wins on Friday and Sunday, he joined an elite group. Iguodala is now one of just five players in the league -- LeBron James, Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo and Russell Westbrook are the others -- with multiple triple-doubles this season. In Iguodala's case, all three have come in the past three weeks.

The triple-doubles are part of a trend toward increased playmaking for Iguodala. Since the start of February, he's averaged 7.8 assists per game and has recorded double-figure assists four times, after doing so just twice during the season's first three months.

For the entire season, only one non-point guard (James) is averaging more than Iguodala's 6.1 assists per game. For the past month or so, Iguodala's numbers have been very typical of a lead ball handler. His average of 7.8 assists would be good for 11th in the NBA. Naturally, there has been a corresponding change in the assist numbers of teammate Jrue Holiday, nominally Philadelphia's point guard. Having averaged 6.6 assists per game through the end of January, Holiday is down to 4.4 since then. Essentially, the two players have swapped spots.

The impact of the change can be seen at the team level. The 76ers have gone 11-4 in February and March. While the Sixers' defense remains their strength, their offense has scored 3.0 more points per 100 possessions than average since the start of February when adjusted for schedule. Before that, Philadelphia was a below-average offensive team.

So why has the change been so successful? A key explanation seems to lie in the fact Iguodala is less prone to turnovers than Holiday (Iguodala's fourth in the league, in fact, in assist-to-turnover ratio). Despite increasing the amount he's handled the basketball, Iguodala's turnovers per game have gone up only marginally (from 1.8 to 2.1) since the start of February. Meanwhile, Holiday's turnovers have decreased by more than half (from 2.9 to 1.4). The 76ers were always good at taking care of the basketball but have become elite with Iguodala's emergence as their leading ball handler. Since Feb. 1, they've turned the ball over on just 11.7 percent of their possessions, far better than any NBA team has done this season.
    chinese-happy.jpg