Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,820
    Dude, never had a problem with the dude overall - he just can't be that guy.

And Collins reaffirming me by saying Jrue will be that dude I love.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    Dude, never had a problem with the dude overall - he just can't be that guy.

And Collins reaffirming me by saying Jrue will be that dude I love.

i've really liked what iguadala has done this year. been his best overall season.........that said, its only got to increase his trade value this offseason (assuming there is an offseason and a next season).
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    True. But if there's one league that NEEDS to rework their CBA, hell, the whole structure of their pay scale, and take as much time off as possible to do so, is the NBA.
  • Options
    True. But if there's one league that NEEDS to rework their CBA, hell, the whole structure of their pay scale, and take as much time off as possible to do so, is the NBA.

agree 100%.

the last time they had a work stoppage made for an exciting season. i guess it was '99? 50 game season or so. whole season was like a sprint to the finish. that was the sixers first playoff run with ai. those were good times back then.

ah, the late 90's....god bless them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

agree 100%.

the last time they had a work stoppage made for an exciting season. i guess it was '99? 50 game season or so. whole season was like a sprint to the finish. that was the sixers first playoff run with ai. those were good times back then.

ah, the late 90's....god bless them.

Went to that series against Orlando. What an awesome game - that was when I was in full underage mode of not knowing how to mix my drinks and it was all about just getting plastered(well, I guess that's not much of a difference from now) - aka dumping out 3/4 of a Snapple and filling the rest with JD and thinking I did a good job of "mixing".
  • Options
    this team has reached the point where i pretty much expect a win almost every time out on the court. that was a decent rocket team last night. i don't know about you but i was never worried throughout the game even when they got behind.

nice to see hawes be a factor down the stretch too.

let's clinch on friday....

10 9 8 76.... :thumbup:

also....kyle lowry is on the verge of becoming a star in this league. how bout that nova product :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    How Sixers would match up with Celtics in playoffs

POSTED: April 1, 2011 By Bob Cooney

Daily News Sports Columnist

Whether the 76ers wind up as the sixth seed (most likely) or the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs, their opponent probably will be either the Miami Heat or the Boston Celtics.

Last week we talked to an NBA scout about a possible matchup with the Heat. Here's a look at how the scout sees a matchup between the Sixers and the Celtics, who will play Tuesday night in Boston in what could be a playoff preview.

Yesterday, general manager Danny Ainge said on a radio station that Shaquille O'Neal, who last played Feb. 1 due to a sore right leg, might return against the Sixers. Teammate Jermaine O'Neal returned against San Antonio last night from a left knee injury that had kept him out since Jan. 10.

And so, onto the scout's take:

Celtics defense

"They are a tremendous defensive team, but they don't have a shot-blocker. They are 29th in the league in blocked shots. Therefore it's going to be imperative that the Sixers attack the basket. In order to score, because Boston is so good defensively in the halfcourt, the Sixers have to maximize their ability to run, get out on the break.

"Glen Davis, Shaquille [O'Neal], Jermaine [O'Neal], they are not good defensive transition players, so that could play in favor of Philadelphia. But, Boston's halfcourt defense is outstanding and we all know how much of a halfcourt game the game becomes in the playoffs. You have to be aware constantly of where [Rajon] Rondo is because he is such a good player in playing the passing lanes and stealing the ball. If Shaq plays - and it's hard to predict what's going to happen because we don't know what condition Shaq is going to be in. But, the recent play of Spencer Hawes should enable him to draw Shaq away from the basket, and Shaq is reluctant to leave the basket, so it's very possible that Hawes will be getting some open shots. "

Sixers defense

"Defensively, the real problem is Rondo. Boston has tremendous perimeter shooters in both [Paul] Pierce and [Ray] Allen. Rondo just makes a living driving to the basket, penetrating and kicking. You really have to foul him, maybe even a hard foul, because he's a poor free-throw shooter. But when he penetrates and kicks he's kicking to the best shooter in the league in Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce is right there with him. Those guys both shoot tremendously from three-point range. [Kevin] Garnett is highly efficient offensively. [Nenad] Krstic is more than effective as a jump shooter.

"Basically they are a jump-shooting team. As a result you can beat them if you're chasing them off the three-point line, and that's going to be critical, I think, for the Sixers. That's one of the big turnarounds for Philadelphia. Last year and the previous year they were 29th and 30th in the league in defending the three-point line. At the present time I think they rank third in the league. That quality, that they have to run them off the three-point line, is important."

Intangibles

"The Sixers must defensive rebound. Believe it or not, Boston is not a great rebounding team. I think they're 20th in the league overall in rebounds [differential at -0.64]. Philadelphia is a better rebounding team statistically [-0.37]. In order to stop the offensive game of Boston you have to defensive rebound, and in order to get out on the break, which is what Philadelphia will want to do, you have to defensive rebound. Defensive rebounding is an area of concern as well as defending the three-point line."

And about the O'Neals

"Shaq makes them different because he clogs up the middle, but he's not as efficient a shooter or scorer as Krstic and I'm not sure at what level Shaq is going to be able to perform. If he can play a little bit like the Shaq of old, it makes them much more difficult to play against. But I don't think anyone is expecting that. And I think Jermaine O'Neal is a question mark. He could come back and give them some quality minutes if he's physically able. I suspect we're going to see a little bit of Shaq or Jermaine before the season ends, but it's hard to envision that they're going to be in midseason form after having all this time off."

Some added info

The teams have met three times this season, with the Celtics getting two wins by a total of five points. The Sixers got their win on March 11 at home, 89-86
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    this team has reached the point where i pretty much expect a win almost every time out on the court.

easy there sparky. a team like that doesn't lose to the kings at home. or get blown out by miami.

I really hope they prove me wrong. You know where I stand
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,114
    Nice way to get in the playoffs, by crushing the Nets. Great job guys this year, Congrats! :clap:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    this team has reached the point where i pretty much expect a win almost every time out on the court.

easy there sparky. a team like that doesn't lose to the kings at home. or get blown out by miami.

I really hope they prove me wrong. You know where I stand

"almost every time out".... :mrgreen: (edit--they didn't get blown out by miami. they blew multiple big leads, including a 6 point lead late in the 4th, which is obviously frustrating)

but i hear ya. .600 ball since november though. that's pretty damn good...and it's a win most times out.

i'm really hoping for the celtics in the first round. PLAYOFFS?!?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    also....i really liked how there was no celebration afterwords. it's good that they're not content just with being here. collins has done a remarkable job with these young bucks.

my only beef is nocioni back in the rotation stealing turner's minutes. unless i missed something while i was away, i'm not sure what turner did or didn't do to get bumped out of the rotation. hopefully he gets more minutes in these last couple weeks and gains some trust back from collins.

GO.
    SIXERS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    whole lotta of "i think" in that last article
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    whole lotta of "i think" in that last article

that's because 90% of it was the scout's quotes.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    also....i really liked how there was no celebration afterwords. it's good that they're not content just with being here. collins has done a remarkable job with these young bucks.

my only beef is nocioni back in the rotation stealing turner's minutes. unless i missed something while i was away, i'm not sure what turner did or didn't do to get bumped out of the rotation. hopefully he gets more minutes in these last couple weeks and gains some trust back from collins.

GO.
    SIXERS.

nocioni sucks ass. they should just cut him. he is absolutely stealing turner's minutes (as is meeks...who has had a great year, but whats the point of playing him???)

this team is better than I gave them credit for. even spencer hawes has shown a pulse. I still think they're out in round 1 of the playoffs.

I want boston in the playoffs. I would love to ram a shamrock up that city's ass.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

GO.
    SIXERS.

nocioni sucks ass. they should just cut him. he is absolutely stealing turner's minutes (as is meeks...who has had a great year, but whats the point of playing him???)

this team is better than I gave them credit for. even spencer hawes has shown a pulse. I still think they're out in round 1 of the playoffs.

I want boston in the playoffs. I would love to ram a shamrock up that city's ass.

they were close to cutting him and buying out his contract just a 6 weeks ago, now he's getting 15-20 minutes a game. i guess collins wants his veteran presence in the playoffs. whatever. his presence includes way more minuses than pluses every game.

i like meeks though. people forget he averaged 23 points for kentucky a couple years ago. he could carve out a nice little career in this league. ideally i'd like him better off the bench though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    this lou williams injury is trouble
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I'm looking forward to seeing turner finally getting some PT. I'm sure he can match williams 23% FG%.

Meeks is a nice role player. He shouldn't be starting in this league though.

Nocioni is garbage
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing turner finally getting some PT. I'm sure he can match williams 23% FG%.

Meeks is a nice role player. He shouldn't be starting in this league though.

Nocioni is garbage

well they better play him...and he better respond. they just signed antonio daniels to a 10 day contract.

say what you want about lou williams, but dude's been instant offesnse off the bench all year long. him and thad have given them so much energy. it's a big loss for this squad.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    horrible 2nd half.

one bright spot is a big one though. the young buck got his confidence back. helluva game by turner.

beat it nocioni.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    horrible 2nd half.

one bright spot is a big one though. the young buck got his confidence back. helluva game by turner.

beat it nocioni.

didn't see the game, but saw the box score. looks like the old spencer hawes was back tonight. did garnett abuse him?

just let turner play. their playoff seed doesn't matter
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    horrible 2nd half.

beat it nocioni.

didn't see the game, but saw the box score. looks like the old spencer hawes was back tonight. did garnett abuse him?

i only saw the 4th and he actually played well then.

i think the seed does matter. despite tonight, i think we match up better against the celtics than the heat. igniting the old school rivalry will be fun too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    horrible 2nd half.

beat it nocioni.

i only saw the 4th and he actually played well then.

i think the seed does matter. despite tonight, i think we match up better against the celtics than the heat. igniting the old school rivalry will be fun too.

yeah, I agree. the sixers don't really control that though. give turner the PT.
  • Options
    your juggler will be in attendance for this evening's affair.

GO.
    SIXERS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

GO.
    SIXERS.

can you give us an update on time you will be departing?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

GO.
    SIXERS.

can you give us an update on time you will be departing?

give me your cell and i'll text you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    555-555-5555
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    917-855-7616

unless your a chick named allison, living in the state of new york, that ain't you.

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    knights of columbus, knicks fans are just as obnoxiously douche-baggy as mets fans. never seen a bunch of jerk offs so excited about a 4-2 lead in the first quarter in my life.

this team needs that lou williams spark off the bench come playoff time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    knights of columbus, knicks fans are just as obnoxiously douche-baggy as mets fans. never seen a bunch of jerk offs so excited about a 4-2 lead in the first quarter in my life.

It's not going to matter.

I've always hated the knicks. those teams they had in the 90s were the worst.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

It's not going to matter.

I've always hated the knicks. those teams they had in the 90s were the worst.

been saying all year i don't expect them to win a playoff series. they probably won't be able to make it an interesting series without him though. having him coming off the bench matters a lot to this team. they would have won last night with him. whole team couldn't buy a bucket for 3 quarters.

putting the lou and thad combo in games when the starters fell behind early has helped them win multiple games this year.

re: the knicks. me too. always respected ewing though. never liked him but respected him. john starks can rot in hell.
    chinese-happy.jpg