*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

gonna be fun to go up against those chumps. also will be fun to have the whole country rooting for the sixers.

will definitely be a fun series. even though I think it's gonna be ugly for our guys
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:

gonna be fun to go up against those chumps. also will be fun to have the whole country rooting for the sixers.

will definitely be a fun series. even though I think it's gonna be ugly for our guys

well you're also the guy that thought we were bad enough to tank and get a top 10 pick, so that makes sense... :lol:

i think i heard game 1 would be sunday. hope its after the phils. juggler will be hall of fame club bound. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

well you're also the guy that thought we were bad enough to tank and get a top 10 pick, so that makes sense... :lol:

i think i heard game 1 would be sunday. hope its after the phils. juggler will be hall of fame club bound. :mrgreen:

I still think they'd be better off in the top 10 of the draft than getting bounced in round 1.

but they'll be picking somewhere around 20. just as they have the entire decade. that seems to have worked real well for them :?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I still think they'd be better off in the top 10 of the draft than getting bounced in round 1.

but they'll be picking somewhere around 20. just as they have the entire decade. that seems to have worked real well for them :?

this is the definition of broken record.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

just saying man. this hasn't worked. they need some star power on this squad. it's easier to get stars if you're picking in the top 10 than it is if you're pickng around 20 (as this franchise has proven this decade).

so I'm standing by my stance that they would have been better off playing turner over meeks...and speights over the crap in the frontcourt...trading brand and/or iggy...and ending up in the top 10 fo the draft

the making the playoffs is good experience for the young guys doesn't hold any water. they've been saying that for a decade.

you know what's good for the young guys? putting talent around them
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

just saying man. this hasn't worked. they need some star power on this squad. it's easier to get stars if you're picking in the top 10 than it is if you're pickng around 20 (as this franchise has proven this decade).

so I'm standing by my stance that they would have been better off playing turner over meeks...and speights over the crap in the frontcourt...trading brand and/or iggy...and ending up in the top 10 fo the draft

the making the playoffs is good experience for the young guys doesn't hold any water. they've been saying that for a decade.

you know what's good for the young guys? putting talent around them

there's no way they would have ended up with a top 10 pick this year. this year's draft class is poop anyway. nba draft is total crap shoot after top 3 or 4 picks anway. how do you not know this by now?

they had the 2nd pick in the draft last year.
    they drafted an all star caliber player 2 years ago (holiday will be a star in this league within 2 years. no doubt in my mind)
    they drafted a potential star in thad young the year before that.

nobody's taking brand. don't understand why you keep talking about that. dude's great for this team anyway.

trading iguadala after this season and moving turner into his point/forward position would be an ideal scenario to me.

speights is garbage. he can knock down a jump shot and that's it. he needs to be on a western conference team that doesn't play defense.

when they have cap room in a couple years all these young bucks will all be in their prime at the same time. this experience is great for them.

round and round we go....
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    does the fixer have beef in here..don't read this thread? :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

this thread should be called the juggler/fixer dojo.

we disagree about the sixers. his level of excitement about the direction of this squad is way higher than mine
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

we disagree about the sixers. his level of excitement about the direction of this squad is way higher than mine

they suck compared to most in the east
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

:? :lol:

just put your money on the heat. please. please bet on the heat. sixers will need all the help they can get.

thank you.
    www.myspace.com

:? :lol:

just put your money on the heat. please. please bet on the heat. sixers will need all the help they can get.

thank you.

haha, this we can agree on :D

Neily is on record as saying he thinks buffalo beats the flyers too
    Heat are -2200 in the series. THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

At least the sixers finished .500 and made the playoffs. YESSSSSSSSSSS
    The Fixer wrote:

realistic expections, my friend. realistic expectations. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

'
    Groundhog Day
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

'
    Groundhog Day

not quite.

great movie though.
    www.myspace.com
    only real advantage, other than coaching, the sixers have is their bench. gotta hope the heat get in foul trouble. meeks and williams must also hit their outside shots.

i've said it before but kate fagan is awesome. this last paragraph of her article is spot on. spot on:

Bottom line: Get ready for the truth to be revealed. It’s been a great regular season; we (those who’ve covered the team) have generally been complimentary of the performance of this team. And we’ve been that way for good reason. They jumped from 27 wins to 41 wins, which is nothing to complain about. But in the NBA, the jump from bad to mediocre is not in the least bit important if it’s not coupled with the inherent potential to jump from mediocre to good. As Collins said today: in the NBA, this second jump is the most difficult. You can make the first jump just through focus and hard work, playing hard all 82 games, but you can’t make the second jump unless you have something different: talent, yes, but also a core of belief. The Sixers have seven young players around whom they might be able to build something, but what that “something” might be, we really don’t know yet. This playoff series will reveal a lot about what’s needed in the off-season. The Heat will attack the Sixers’ weaknesses, exposing them for the fans as well as the front office. Two years ago, the Chicago Bulls were the eighth seed in the playoffs and they took the Boston Celtics, then the top seed, the full seven games – all of them contested until the final seconds. That was an example of a lower-seeded NBA team that was clearly on its way up the NBA hierarchy.

Which one will the Sixers reveal themselves as? And will the knowledge gleaned from these next two weeks (or perhaps more) provide a blueprint for pinpointing the necessary future additions?

It all begins tomorrow afternoon.

--GO.
    --SIXERS.
    www.myspace.com
    jrue and thad played great. there's your future right there. big shot after big shot from both of them down the stretch....ironically it was thad's 2 missed foul shots that gave the momentum back to miami at the end though. also--too many outside shots from thad in the first half. need him around the rim.

solid game by brand...missed some 12 footers he usually makes down the stretch though.

meeks....couple big 3's

iguadala...not sure what to say. almost had a double double, but finished with 4 points. i get nervous every time dude has the ball in his hands. i would expect him and williams to be better in their 2nd game back monday.....and nocioni? come on doug. you have to see what everyone else sees...

gotta be able to adjust to their zone. that 2nd quarter into the 3rd was tough to watch. gotta get to the foul line. fucking refs in the nba are awful. every.single.call went miami's way. overall good effort on wade and james though.

showed lots of poise in coming back at the end. 1 point game with a couple minutes left. i liked what i saw today.
    www.myspace.com
    bosh killed them. the sixers frontcourt BLOWS.

I know we've discussed it a million times, but they really could have used dalembert yesterday. nocioni and hawes are useless. that trade continues to be horrendous.

iguodala is hurt. though, sadly I don't think that matters much.

they're not that good. they're getting swept
    The Fixer wrote:
    t

...i'm assuming you know brand and young are apart of the front court. :? it's actually one of their few strengths against the heat dude. and, they both played very well yesterday. hawes did suck. he got in foul trouble early. fucking refs....but him vs ilgauskas is pretty even. (anything you get from hawes is a bonus anyway. he's not the long term solution. so him not playing well doesn't bother me. it's expected)

your boy speights though....not sure if you caught the whole game because of the flyers but he played atrociously :lol:

i especially loved him lowering his shoulders into lebron when lebron was driving to the basket. didn't even make a basketball move to defend him. just lowered his shoulders and tried to tackle him or something. i don't know what other outcome he could have hoped for. watching speights play defense is pure comedy. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    t

...i'm assuming you know brand and young are apart of the front court. :? it's actually one of their few strengths against the heat dude. and, they both played very well yesterday. hawes did suck. he got in foul trouble early. fucking refs....but him vs ilgauskas is pretty even. (anything you get from hawes is a bonus anyway. he's not the long term solution. so him not playing well doesn't bother me. it's expected)

your boy speights though....not sure if you caught the whole game because of the flyers but he played atrociously :lol:

i especially loved him lowering his shoulders into lebron when lebron was driving to the basket. didn't even make a basketball move to defend him. just lowered his shoulders and tried to tackle him or something. i don't know what other outcome he could have hoped for. watching speights play defense is pure comedy. :mrgreen:

didn't see that speights play. was definitely watching more of the flyers. speights isn't good on defense. no doubt. hawes isn't good defensively either. dalembert would have been nice. at least he's a shotblocking presence in the middle of their awful frontcourt

I know brand puts up solid numbers, but I'm not a fan. He doesn't have the front court presence you need to win in this league.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    t

didn't see that speights play. was definitely watching more of the flyers. speights isn't good on defense. no doubt. hawes isn't good defensively either. dalembert would have been nice. at least he's a shotblocking presence in the middle of their awful frontcourt

I know brand puts up solid numbers, but I'm not a fan. He doesn't have the front court presence you need to win in this league.

after watching brand play all year, i disagree. dude has been a warrior for us down low all season. he's not the kind of guy who just builds up hollow stats.

and again--the center position is not a difference maker in this series.
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, what's with the white chair cover's in miami?

the courtside seats just needed a bow around them and they would've fit right in at my wedding. that's a weak effort miami.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    by the way, what's with the white chair cover's in miami?

the courtside seats just needed a bow around them and they would've fit right in at my wedding. that's a weak effort miami.

i think it all the empty seats to blend in with all the fruads wearing white shirts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    you guys got killed on the glass ... which means you've lost your biggest weapon ... transition offense ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    you guys got killed on the glass ... which means you've lost your biggest weapon ... transition offense ...

agreed. that and a foul being called on every heat possession after the 1st quarter really slowed the game down in favor of miami.
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:

sixers frontcourt (brand included) stinks.

this team just isn't good. they were 500 for a reason (in a crap conference).

Groundhog Day
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :fork:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :fork:

Been the same story every year since 2001 dude. In 2007 they even won 2 playoff games!!! (seriously that's the high point of the decade...beating detroit twice in the playoffs).

Oh well...at least we have they flyers to carry us through the spring playoff season
    well that game was quite pungent. it stung my nostrils. couple legitimate thoughts from someone who actually watched the full game (yes i am a die hard and a glutton for punishment...also this is the first time i have watched a sporting event on dvr--knew it was a bad sign when i got zero texts :lol: ):

after hearing his coach tell him we need more offensive production out of him in the way of points, iguodala proceeds to shoot 2 for 8 for 5 points. another thing we desperately needed of him was for him to drive to the basket and put some shots up upon contact to get to the line....he attempted 2 foul shots. of course he missed one of them. also is turning the ball over at an alarming rate after really cutting them down this year. i know he's hurt and still playing great defense, but c'mon....

evan turner played like he belonged on the court. dude was hitting shots from the outside, rebounded well, and, all things considering, did a decent job on lebron. i realize how many points he got. that's gonna happen. most of them were on fast break and foul shots. turner did a decent job of forcing him to take outside shots. thank god nocioni didn't touch the court. i would have liked to have seen turner at the start of the 3rd though.

doug said this series is about seeing what we have. nobody thought we would win the series. if he's got his eyes open hopefully we're a little closer to dealing iggy in the off-season and inserting turner into the starting 5. improve that jump shot during the off-season. at every level he's made a big jump in his 2nd year. i'd like to see him in iggy's point-forward position with jrue in the same role he's in now......this is the only good development to come out of last night's game.

i also have no idea what speights did to earn a spot in the regular rotation after not seeing the court in the majority of our games this year. he was the first guy off the bench. :lol: you already know what you have in him. i'd actually rather see battie in there using up his fouls. at least he stands strong and doesn't allow easy buckets. f speights and his stupid grin.

go. sixers. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Is hawes sporting a hickey?

Actually, it's probably an AIDS lesion