Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So far its the same script as previous years, disastrous 3rd quarters and can't finish tight games.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Hinkie!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    JK_Livin said:

So far its the same script as previous years, disastrous 3rd quarters and can't finish tight games.

that's what lack of talent will get for you. and the only talent they do have all play the same 2 positions.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with half-time adjustments?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    edited November 2016
    I realize the results have been the same but anyone who has watched these 3 games knows there are actual legitimate nba caliber basketball players on this team. Other than one or two guys, you could not say that about the last couple years. They will start winning some games soon. Also, when the number one pick in the draft hurts himself on the last scrimmage of training camp and misses the first few months of the season--that's kind of a large chunk of talent missing from the lineup.

By the way.....I like the Grant trade. Flipped a late 2nd round talent for a late 1st round pick and got a guy who fits better on offense and can actually shoot the ball. Solid move.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jury was still out on Grant. He didn't show much improvement in his overall game. Would have a flashy dunk or block once in a while that would give you hope.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Jury was still out on Grant. He didn't show much improvement in his overall game. Would have a flashy dunk or block once in a while that would give you hope.

Lack of an outside shot is what made him expendable I think...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Have you heard the rumored deal? 3 team deal with Wash & Phx, we get Wall, Wash gets Okafor & Knight and I think we give 2 1's to PHX.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    They have to make that trade, right? When Simmons comes back, you have a functional team for the first time in years.
  • Options
    But what happens to TJ????????
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason P said:

They have to make that trade, right? When Simmons comes back, you have a functional team for the first time in years.

no. i don't think Wall is a good fit with Emiid and Simmons. With those 2 players you need knock down jump shooters and Wall is not that. If/when Simmons is healthy give him the ball and surround those 2 with shooters. that's your future. not john wall with Embiid and Simmons.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

no. i don't think Wall is a good fit with Emiid and Simmons. With those 2 players you need knock down jump shooters and Wall is not that. If/when Simmons is healthy give him the ball and surround those 2 with shooters. that's your future. not john wall with Embiid and Simmons.
    Why not take Wall and find one top notch shooter in FA? It's 2 first round picks but the NBA draft is a crapshoot and you are getting an established all star. If a FA on the market next year knows he has a big and a small with epic passing skills, that is a major selling point. Getting two shooters seems unrealistic because of the rarity of the skill. JR Smith sat the whole off season without any takers and that is his specialty supposedly.

I'll admit it seems like a high price, but you know the return on investment. Seems like you guys see Oakfor is as a bust so the gamble is if you think two future picks may turn out to be better then John Wall, which is probably below 50% chance.

Don't the 76ers have a ton of picks where this makes sense? Wall's contact is chump change compared to some of the dumb ass contracts I saw this past summer (I.e. Mosgav)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    almost beat King James and The Cavs
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

Why not take Wall and find one top notch shooter in FA? It's 2 first round picks but the NBA draft is a crapshoot and you are getting an established all star. If a FA on the market next year knows he has a big and a small with epic passing skills, that is a major selling point. Getting two shooters seems unrealistic because of the rarity of the skill. JR Smith sat the whole off season without any takers and that is his specialty supposedly.

I'll admit it seems like a high price, but you know the return on investment. Seems like you guys see Oakfor is as a bust so the gamble is if you think two future picks may turn out to be better then John Wall, which is probably below 50% chance.

Don't the 76ers have a ton of picks where this makes sense? Wall's contact is chump change compared to some of the dumb ass contracts I saw this past summer (I.e. Mosgav)
    I actually agree with hawks here. I don't think Wall and Simmons will mesh well together either. Plus it is (FINALLY) good guard draft. Another deal will come along for Okafur.

Last night was a lot of fun. More questionable late game coaching from Bret again. Also--Henderson got fouled at the end there. Oh well.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Late game shitstorm again. 5 TO's in their last 6 possessions.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,559
    embid now knows what it's like to play against a true center.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

embid now knows what it's like to play against a true center.

Didn't have his best game but still: 14 points and 9 rebounds in only 19 minutes.

Imagine if he didn't only play less than half the game....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Okafor and Stauskas stink
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    the Sixers have now lost 44 straight games in the months of October and November and Brett Brown has tied Larry Brown for most losses in franchise history already. #process
  • Options
    Embiid is so much fun to watch

TRUST
    THE
    PRO...CESS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Embiid is so much fun to watch

TRUST
    THE
    PRO...CESS

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Finally but another late game collapse.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    They should beat The Wizards tonight, i would think/hope.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Well they screwed over the fans last night....at least they got the W. Excited to see the big man on the big stage tonight though...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Well they screwed over the fans last night....at least they got the W. Excited to see the big man on the big stage tonight though...

they've done that for about 5 years now. funny how now the fans are upset by it :smirk: i don't get the restrictive minutes and games to be honest. either they are healthy and available or not. enough with this bullshit.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ^
    Totally fine with them being overly cautious. That's just being smart. They should've given the fans a heads up that he wasn't playing the first of that back to back though. No big deal.

Last night was awesome.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Shirley Temples for everyone! Embiid is the man

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nice win on Saturday.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    3 out 4...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    JOE EL has me all giddy in my underpants.