Beer!!!!

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jimed14 wrote:
    I have NO idea where this rennaissance for PBR came from, but man ... people have been duped.

That stuff is shit.

People are going for the cheap stuff for quanity over quality. It's the recession I guess?? :?:

I can get a 30pack of Natty Ice for $10 at my local packie. Now that's a recession buster.

Natty...reminds me of the beer bong days in high school. You definitely get what you pay for when your buying the likes of Natty, Keystone, and I must say it...Pabst. While I enjoy PBR, I find it far from quality.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Havin' me a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale right now.

Yum-o!
  • omg i love beer
  • fat_tire.jpg

and for cheap domestic beer i prefer Coors over Bud or Miller.
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    I'm 12 and what is this?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    picked up some Magic Hat winter seasonal. very disappointing. it's dark which is nice, but the taste leaves soo much to be desired. almost has a metalic taste.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    81 wrote:
    picked up some Magic Hat winter seasonal. very disappointing. it's dark which is nice, but the taste leaves soo much to be desired. almost has a metalic taste.

I'm not a fan of winter brews by many brewers. They just don't do much for me, it seems like they try to over do the extra flavors and take away from the beer itself.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "From the land of sky-blue waters
    comes a beer thats so refreshing....
    Hamms the beer refreshing, Hamms the beer refreshing"
    jingle from when I was a bitty girl- and I love the bearHammsBear.jpg lucky enough to party with him not long ago :D hey who's that old guy anyways?? ;)
    81 wrote:

I'm not a fan of winter brews by many brewers. They just don't do much for me, it seems like they try to over do the extra flavors and take away from the beer itself.

some are good. i had a october seasonal from somebody that was real good. i forget who it was. i know it wasn't sam adams or goose island which were both eh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I have 11 beers in my fridge

5 - Stellas Artois
    6 - Sleeman Draught
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    It's no Harpoon Winter Warmer, but this is a nice seasonal I just picked up ...

AVBC_6-Pack_Winter_Solstice.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

some are good. i had a october seasonal from somebody that was real good. i forget who it was. i know it wasn't sam adams or goose island which were both eh

upon further review....once served at proper temp and allowed to breath a little, it's better than i first thought. still not as good as a bells porter, but not bad either.

a pair will get you pretty happy on an empty stomach. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    jimed14 wrote:
    It's no Harpoon Winter Warmer, but this is a nice seasonal I just picked up ...

AVBC_6-Pack_Winter_Solstice.jpg

An inviting package, I must say.

I just picked up a microbrew seasonal pale ale called Wyld, very delicious.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • guinness please! yum yum
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Octoberfest beers are the best one's produced by many breweries....my top 2 are Otter Creek and Sam's, with Berkshire Brewing Co in third..Spatan makes a good one also. Still have some in the fridge, but the shelf life on octobers is only a couple months so I gotta drink them soon.

Winter beers are the worst IMO...was too much nutmeg and spices go into them

Octoberfest beers are the best one's produced by many breweries....my top 2 are Otter Creek and Sam's, with Berkshire Brewing Co in third..Spatan makes a good one also. Still have some in the fridge, but the shelf life on octobers is only a couple months so I gotta drink them soon.

Winter beers are the worst IMO...was too much nutmeg and spices go into them

are you sure you don't mean holiday beers? i dunno. i've always though winter beers were darker and heavier...basically, falling into the porter catagory. the october seem to be more ale.

maybe i'm confused. i need a beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Weird! Recently on a camping trip out to the Moab desert my stepdad gave my friend and myself a case of MGD 64...I took it mostly because it was free....and also I wasn't 21 at the time, so this helped the beer situation seeing that we were low on funds. Anyway, I found that 64 did, and still does have that really metallic taste.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Screenshot2009-12-12at65429PM.png

yummy. cheers!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Holy crap!

I just realized that I AM OUT OF BEER! :shock:

Off to the store I go. Not sure what I'm in the mood for...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    vino tonight
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    has anyone tried Hoegaarden Beer ?
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg

Yep.

It's okay.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    This BEER Thread is making MY Mouth Water!...lol :P
  • Western Massachusetts...

I like Berkshire Brewing IPA or Paper City IPA (Made in Holyoke!)

PS: I haven't had a Widmer Hefeweizen in a while but it is wonderful with a slice of lemon. Had it for the first time while visiting Seattle to see PJ. Another treat!
    Hold On
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    mca47 wrote:

Yep.

It's okay.

So it's NOT all that it's cracked up to be?
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    mca47 wrote:

Yep.

It's okay.

So it's NOT all that it's cracked up to be?

Nope.

Decent beer, but there are MANY others in the same category that far superior! :D
    102023.jpg

Barley Island Beastie Barrel Porter

stuff is aged 3.5 months in bourbon barrels.

different... defiantly can taste the bourbon. it would be so much better if the porter flavor was a little stronger. not quite malty enough for me. interesting beer catagory to say the least. i've never done a barrel aged brew before.

Now if they aged a Bells porter, we might be on to something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Met up with a buddy for happy hour last night. 32oz domestics for $3.50 in a frosty mug.
    I'm not a fan of Bud Light, but that's a deal!

Lots of cheap beer and hot-ass wings...awesome! :D
    Picked up a 12 pack of Rolling Rock last night. Pay day. :D

Should make for a good weekend...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i just picked up blue point winter ale, sam adams winter larger and sam adams coastal wheat
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?