Beer!!!!

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    www.beeradvocate.com

best beer website around
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mmmmmmm......
    Shiner Holiday Cheer is now out. if you haven't tried it, do it!

ALways liked the Shiner Bock...I'll try the seasonal brew :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • cheech721cheech721 Brunsville, MN Posts: 46
    I've been drinking a variety lately, but Magic Hat #9 is probably at the top of the list... It's especially good mixed with Guinness. There's a bar by me that has that on the menu as "Black Magic"
    I know that I was born and I know that Ill die.
    The in between is mine. I am mine.
  • Yeah, so before I moved to Oregon, I used to just like Corona. Since I have moved, I have been exposed to lots of breweries around the northwest: Widmer, Deschutes, Pyramid, etc etc etc...

The beer from these places is amazing. I am currently enjoying Pyramid's Apricot Ale...good stuff...

So what is all your beers of choice?

Not sure where you live exactly, but Portland is having it's Holiday Ale Festival in downtown starting today and running through the weekend.

Lots of yummy stuff on the menu. I know I'm going to be there on Saturday for sure!

http://holidayale.com/mitem-2009-beer-l ... beers.html
  • Yeah, so before I moved to Oregon, I used to just like Corona. Since I have moved, I have been exposed to lots of breweries around the northwest: Widmer, Deschutes, Pyramid, etc etc etc...

The beer from these places is amazing. I am currently enjoying Pyramid's Apricot Ale...good stuff...

So what is all your beers of choice?

Not sure where you live exactly, but Portland is having it's Holiday Ale Festival in downtown starting today and running through the weekend.

Lots of yummy stuff on the menu. I know I'm going to be there on Saturday for sure!

http://holidayale.com/mitem-2009-beer-l ... beers.html

I forgot to mention that I'm fond of anything by the Ninkasi brewery. Their stuff is pretty crisp and tasty even if it's on the darker side. also my husband makes a tasty, tasty holiday beer that has a hint of lemon, ginger and cloves. Not too sweet but super flavorful. That's pretty much what we drink from now until Christmas. Love being married to a home brewer. :D
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    sierra nevada pale ale is what will will find in my house

got a case of the celebration ale in the fridge right now YUMMY

the summerfest is my favorite though

Magic hat is ok, but Ive never understood why people love the dogfish-the ones Ive tried are just not good IMHO
  • i_lov_it wrote:
    BEER cant get enough of it and always willing to try new brews when i am drinking.

Last time I drank I was drinking a lot of little creatures pale ale and boags draught

Yeah 'LITTLE CREATURES' aint Bad!!!...I also LIKE 'BOOTLEG BREWERY' especially their 7%al " RAGING BULL " ALE :P :P :P

I will see if i can find some in melbourne, but what about swan draught forgot to mention that as well.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    PBR!
    Benzor wrote:
    PBR!

Totally. Just got back from Georgia for Thanksgiving. We drove to Birmingham, AL to see some family and dropped in this dive called The Upside Down Plaza....PBR pitchers all night long :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Benzor wrote:
    PBR!

On tap at the house as we speak.... unfortunately I am stuck at work for another hour.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    chromiam wrote:
    Benzor wrote:
    PBR!

On tap at the house as we speak.... unfortunately I am stuck at work for another hour.

its 11:30 and im on my 5th pbr...i kinda feel like an alcoholic. i honestly cant remember the last time i wrote a paper completely sober. this one is due at 4.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    i_lov_it wrote:
    BEER cant get enough of it and always willing to try new brews when i am drinking.

Last time I drank I was drinking a lot of little creatures pale ale and boags draught

Yeah 'LITTLE CREATURES' aint Bad!!!...I also LIKE 'BOOTLEG BREWERY' especially their 7%al " RAGING BULL " ALE :P :P :P

I will see if i can find some in melbourne, but what about swan draught forgot to mention that as well.

NOT really a 'fan' of " SWAN DRAUGHT " :)
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Benzor wrote:
    PBR!

When I was in college our beer distributor was PBR based. We had so many different varieties of Pabst that I never saw again. They jumped in when it was the big thing for Ice beers, Genuine Draft beers, and light versions of them all. At $8.00 a case we drank them all! And our apartments all smelled like ass the next day! :shock:
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    nothing like a good Pabst but whatever happened to Hamms anyways?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Benzor wrote:
    chromiam wrote:
    Benzor wrote:
    PBR!

its 11:30 and im on my 5th pbr...i kinda feel like an alcoholic. i honestly cant remember the last time i wrote a paper completely sober. this one is due at 4.

I was the same way in undergrad. Most of my papers were the product of a late night and a strong buzz of some sort ;)

PBR is the greatest cheap beer out there.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

my cheap beer of choice was Molson Ice. it cost a little more htan a PBR or Natty, but it packed a heavier punch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447

PBR is good but it can tear your stomach apart....Pabst smear anyone?

I prefer Strohs :thumbup:
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I have NO idea where this rennaissance for PBR came from, but man ... people have been duped.

That stuff is shit.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    jimed14 wrote:
    I have NO idea where this rennaissance for PBR came from, but man ... people have been duped.

That stuff is shit.
    totally agree, I dont know how people drink it
    I rather drink a miller and thats not saying much, since I havent had a miller since like 10th grade :lol:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    hacker pschorr is my personal favorite
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    jimed14 wrote:

That stuff is shit.

People are going for the cheap stuff for quanity over quality. It's the recession I guess?? :?:
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    jimed14 wrote:

That stuff is shit.

People are going for the cheap stuff for quanity over quality. It's the recession I guess?? :?:

Yeah your Probably RIGHT! as long it Has " ALCOHOL " in it...who CARES!!! lol ;)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Go Beer!
  • i love them all!! my current favorite is kona pipeline porter...it's made with kona coffee...delicious :D
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    don't serve all beer "ice" cold. there are lots of beers that should be served at celler temperature

Haven't had one of those yet. I much prefer my hefeweizen in a cold glass.

actually, most beer shouldn't be served ice cold. the cold inhibits the flavor from reaching your taste buds. most beers should be served around 50 degree's. i keep most beers in the fridge and serve them in a room temp glass. the taste definaly improves as the beer warms up to optimal drinking tempature.

Plus pretty much whenever possible, beer should be served in a glass. I mean your sense of smell contributes so much to how you taste things, and if you drink straight from the bottle your nose can't get a really good idea of what you are drinking.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    i am a christian. beer is the work of the devil.

The guys who make this kind of beer, would probably disagree with you. Also they probably know a thing or two about God and the devil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappist_beer
    Plus pretty much whenever possible, beer should be served in a glass. I mean your sense of smell contributes so much to how you taste things, and if you drink straight from the bottle your nose can't get a really good idea of what you are drinking.

I rarely drink a beer from the bottle. In fact, the only time I really do is when I don't have access to a glass.

Tried some of my Golden Spike hefe's last night at the recommended serving temperature. The flavor was more rich. So glad I got light of this.

But, now I have to deal with the fact that I've wasted so much hefe flavor in the past. :oops:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond are 2 of my favorites from Oregon. Cheerz!!!!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    jimed14 wrote:

That stuff is shit.

I can get a 30pack of Natty Ice for $10 at my local packie. Now that's a recession buster.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    not so fond of beer this morning. but maybe it's the whiskey i should be mad at?