Beer!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    don't serve all beer "ice" cold. there are lots of beers that should be served at celler temperature
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    don't serve all beer "ice" cold. there are lots of beers that should be served at celler temperature

Haven't had one of those yet. I much prefer my hefeweizen in a cold glass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

actually, most beer shouldn't be served ice cold. the cold inhibits the flavor from reaching your taste buds. most beers should be served around 50 degree's. i keep most beers in the fridge and serve them in a room temp glass. the taste definaly improves as the beer warms up to optimal drinking tempature.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

actually, most beer shouldn't be served ice cold. the cold inhibits the flavor from reaching your taste buds. most beers should be served around 50 degree's. i keep most beers in the fridge and serve them in a room temp glass. the taste definaly improves as the beer warms up to optimal drinking tempature.

You're exactly right.

The only beer I drink ice cold are shitty beer like Bud/Miller Light, etc.
    I figure, I'm doing myself a favor by dulling my taste buds! :lol:
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i looooove Magic Hat #9 :-)

the girl i just started dating loves this stuff too. it's not bad!

i like a lot of the great lakes brewery beers... dortmunder gold and the christmas ale stand out. going more mainstream, guinness on tap is good, but in bottles i tend to grab stella or heineken.
  • Maine: Old Thumper or Shipyard
    Boston: Sam Adams or Harpoon IPA
    England: Old Slapper

otherwise or elsewhere? Something with taste that wouldn't be out of place in a real pub.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my favorite of all time.

Lately I've been drinking the Sierra Nevada seasonal brew... it is very good too.

Mad Elf is good and it is like 12% alcohol. :shock:

Magic Hat is awesome as mentioned already.

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale is a favorite too but I can't find it on the right coast... haven't had it since I lived in PHX.

These are all for the IPA drinker... if you like Bud Light don't drink these!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Bells Oberon, in the summertime, in a glass. I don't think it can be beat.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/1094
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • i am a christian. beer is the work of the devil.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    The Sierra Nevada Brewing Company can do no wrong in my opinion.

Man, they make awesome stuff!!

And yeah, their Pale is one of my alltime favorites.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    so Who's !!!!! SHOUTING !!!!!.....PMSL :P :P :P
    i am a christian. beer is the work of the devil.

45311680.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:

The only beer I drink ice cold are shitty beer like Bud/Miller Light, etc.
    I figure, I'm doing myself a favor by dulling my taste buds! :lol:

while obviously not a great beer, i can still apprieate a miller light if the situation is right. it's a good beer for a post yard mowing on a sat afternoon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

45311680.jpg
    :lol:

That looks like MR. Pearl Jam fan Patrick Warburton.

who?

i was looking for Elaine from Seinfeld doing the devil thing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

who?

i was looking for Elaine from Seinfeld doing the devil thing.

It's Puddy from Seinfeld, he's one of the biggest celebrity Pearl Jam fans. Saw him at a few Ed solo shows too.
    i knew it was Puddy, didn't know his real name. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Harpoon IPA all the way
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, you can't get burned living in the Pacific Northwest. It's a haven for brewpubs. Since you're in Oregon, you should check out any of the McMenamin's brewpubs. They're really cool places to hang out and lots of tasty brews. Down here in Northern California, my local favorites are Anchor Steam (drinking the Xmas ale at the moment), Moylan's is my current favorite (particularly the Barleywine, but that's not for everybody -- beware), Racer 5 is also another fave, and so is Lagunitas (try the Brown Shugga). If you really want to spend some money, this beer blew me away by Dogfish: http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/th ... marron.htm

Enjoy! Beer is wonderful.
    Post edited by edpearson on
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    I like a Magic Hat #9... fruity beer = tasty
    Hefeweissen recently started to taste a little fruitier to me, so I'll drink that too.
    And any time I see cider on tap I get a pint. Discovered cider when I spent a summer in London and love it!!!
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • edited December 2009
    edpearson wrote:

Enjoy! Beer is wonderful. Whoever said beer is a creation from the devil in this forum can go fuck himself!

who couldn't tell that was a joke. :roll:
    Post edited by Gems and Rhinestones on
  • BEER cant get enough of it and always willing to try new brews when i am drinking.

Last time I drank I was drinking a lot of little creatures pale ale and boags draught
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016