Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    ilockyer wrote:
    71step28 wrote:
    Ian, do you really want to leave on that Friday morning, uhm, almost still Thursday night at 00.32?? If yes, you wouldn't need that Hostel room for that night (Thu->Fri)

Yvi, the overnight train thing is just one idea we're kicking around, as it'd be a bit more fun than sitting on a plane for 90 minues, but leaving at that time would probably ensure we'd all be tired enough to get some shuteye before daylight and a chance to see something of Sweden as we travel through it.

Flight would make more sense... but when has common sense entered into it?

Is the overnight train direct? I.E. will we be able to sleep on it without having to make changes?

No, my understanding is that you at least have to make one change at Malmo, which is about 7 hours into the journey, then you'd change to a non sleeper train for the Malmo to Stockholm leg of the journey.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    I thought the overnight thing was Berlin to Malmo? Not Stockholm?

Overnight to Malmo - get some sleep and then train to Stockholm during the day?

I'd prefer to take the train to Stockholm during the day to see the country
  • Options
    I thought the overnight thing was Berlin to Malmo? Not Stockholm?

Overnight to Malmo - get some sleep and then train to Stockholm during the day?

I'd prefer to take the train to Stockholm during the day to see the country
    Right, my take is that it does the following - midnight train to Malmo, arriving at say 7.30am, then onto a normal train from Malmo to Stockhom which takes a few hours during the course of the morning :?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    Rail Europe is our friend. 22:30 from Berlin, arriving 08:05 Malmo Central.

They're selling second class tickets now at 73 euro.

Malmo to Stockholm can be booked 90 days in advance. Looking as far ahead as you can book the cheapest tickets for that journey are 140 euro, so a total of 213 euro. First train post sleeper is 9:13 leave arriving 13:50.

The journey I found starts 0:30 and ends 16:50 and seemingly is 99 euro....
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hotel for Berlin now booked, on Alexanderplatz (just makes me think of Dimitris :lol: ) :D
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Hotel for Berlin now booked, on Alexanderplatz (just makes me think of Dimitris :lol: ) :D
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good morning Euro peeps!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Good morning Euro peeps!
  • Options
    Evening all :wave:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Berlin 2 Finally!
    Yaaaayyy!!!
  • Options
    So, is this it, can people now complete their travel plans without any more changes? :D

Berlin 2 is a given, but am undecided about Prague. It's a huge arena by the look of things, wouldn't want to be in that top tier!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ena-02.jpg
  • Options

Hello darling :wave: :wave:

Can someone find me some cash and tell me what I need to do in terms of shows as I am :wtf: :shifty: :problem: :crazy:
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Hello darling :wave: :wave:

Can someone find me some cash and tell me what I need to do in terms of shows as I am :wtf: :shifty: :problem: :crazy:

Can someone sort out a placement for me so I know what I can and can'y do!

A possibility might have to be just the manchester shows and maybe try and get into Amsterdam and cancel Berlin and stockholm.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Have you looked down the back of the sofa? That's usually the best place to find cash, though I'd be surprised if you found enough!

Once the initial "oh wow, more shows" thing died down it became quite easy for me to decide not to do Prague. I sat down to look at costings and stuff and realised while looking that I was doing it for the sake of it, and not for the right reasons. Of course, they'll play Wash and Oceans and everything I've not heard from No Code at the show now! :lol:
    Can someone sort out a placement for me so I know what I can and can'y do!

A possibility might have to be just the manchester shows and maybe try and get into Amsterdam and cancel Berlin and stockholm.

The only thing that'll work against you is the cost of flights. Tickets shouldn't be too hard to come by as the shows draw near. These things always have a way of working themselves out.
  • Options
    I want to do Berlin 2, I probably can't afford tickets at the minute and I've no idea what t'other Chris wants to do...
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    Of course, they'll play Wash and Oceans and everything I've not heard from No Code at the show now! :lol:

Just like when they played Release at the London show I wasn't able to go to (was on hols)! One song I REALLY want to hear live (along with Oceans...).

'morning all. :wave:
  • Options
    good ne mornenenenenenenenenenene!!!
  • Options
    Afternoon!! :wave:

Well, I don't need to tell y'all that i'm in a disgustingly happy mood today :mrgreen:

How is everyone else?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options

Well, I don't need to tell y'all that i'm in a disgustingly happy mood today :mrgreen:

How is everyone else?

I think Euro tour outside of Manchester is a no-go to be honest. My placement has to take priority. After a placement is settled then I can discuss where I can go but until then nothing will be booked.
  • Options

How is everyone else?

I think Euro tour outside of Manchester is a no-go to be honest. My placement has to take priority. After a placement is settled then I can discuss where I can go but until then nothing will be booked.

I know :)

• Options
    Evening peeps
    I hope all is well with you all.
    I got the Lonely Planet Encounter guide to Stockholm today - it looks fab! :D
  • Options
    mornin all
  • Options
    Hi Dimi!

Hi all!
  • Options
    Good Morning my lovelies :wave: :wave:
    I hope you all have a fab day :D
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Today could be very good or very meh. I'll let you know in a couple of hours :D
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Today could be very good or very meh. I'll let you know in a couple of hours :D

...and ?
  • Options
    Well house was good. He's even built a mini cinema downstairs as he's a fan of old and silent films :D

He had 2 other appointments today and he said he was honour bound to keep them and I am to call him this afternoon. Hope I get it...
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    hey dudes whats happening ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    Pke wrote:
    hey dudes whats happening ;)

Ello my lovely! how are you and the Kerr clan? xx